Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sports Themed Farm?

GoldenDomer93GoldenDomer93 Saint SpontaneousRegistered User Posts: 150
edited July 2014 in Feedback and Suggestions
What type of sports do you like? I enjoy watching hockey with my husband. We were at Game 7 when the Colorado Avalanche won the Stanley Cup. Loudest sporting event I have ever been to. My jeans were actually vibrating against my legs! :)

Comments

• GoldenDomer93GoldenDomer93 Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 150
    edited June 2014
    make it all the sports like hockey pucks for crops or baseballs for crops....I a love all sports
  • Katrina GetzKatrina Getz Assassin Registered User Posts: 515
    edited June 2014
    I have the referee calf and 1 of the football foals, a volleyball tree, a few of the golf animals, and a baseball foal. I might have others on another farm
  • RoyHRoyH Aged To Perfection Registered User Posts: 562
    edited June 2014
    this even i would welcome as a new farm....great suggestion
  • Smokey265Smokey265 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,849
    edited June 2014
    RoyH wrote: »
    this even i would welcome as a new farm....great suggestion

Yep, this is a great idea. I've been thinking about how they could make the farm like a sports complex, with different sporting fields and concession stands scattered about. Crafting could be making recipes to sell at concession stands, like lemonade shakeups and roasted peanuts. And they should give us a FREE shipping license right from the start so we can use the few sports-themed items we have collected in the past. I think being able to use our old items right from the start would be a good incentive and get people excited about playing the new farm. :)
  • Richard ReidRichard Reid Assassin Registered User Posts: 921
    edited June 2014
    Please NO!

Sports theme would instantly be my least favorite farm.
  • Farm_Farm_ Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 487 Colossal Titan Slayer
    edited June 2014
    I think a sports farm would be good. Maybe not my favorite but it would be interesting to see the graphics you can come up with. Personally I hate the Jade farm. It's useless. Completely useless. As is any farm that is plot restricted.
  • xphrogyxxphrogyx Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 234
    edited June 2014
    can quidditch be included?
  • Emerald JadeEmerald Jade Super Moderator Super Moderator Posts: 80
    edited June 2014
    Howdy farmers! Thanks for sharing your great ideas and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts. Your suggestion will be forwarded to the team. Happy farming! :)
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited June 2014
    Please NO!

My thoughts exactly. On the plus side, it will be that much easier to ignore a farm like this which was my plan for any future farms. It will make it easy to " kick the habit" once and for all. I was bullied in high school by the athletes. I spent the rest of my life hating sports.
    edited June 2014
    Understand Farmerdoofus but I think there could be a lot of interest in the sports fans who also play Farmville but well said.
  • Mimi48Mimi48 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 647 Mazter Guardian
    edited June 2014
    Ugh! Please no! specially since zynga has a nasty habit of locking things
  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 765 Aged to Perfection
    edited June 2014
    I really can't stand sports at all so I tend to tune everything about them out but this may not be a bad idea unless they decide to Playskool it up like they did with all the other farms. It would at least be something different.
    edited June 2014
    I think a sports-themed farm would appeal to men who seem to get left out in the slew of pink fairy farms.

Not that I'm saying pink is for girls, blue is for boys. But I think some of the guys would like a more masculine theme.

My male neighbors enjoyed the Western-themed items from the past. Something that isn't pink and fairy-like. :)
    edited June 2014
    Please NO!

And the good thing is that you can skip a farm if you don't like the theme. I didn't play the Sweet Acres farm because I didn't like the pastel-colored background. Not every theme is going to appeal to every farmer. That's just the nature of the beast. :)
    edited June 2014
    Thank you emerald Jade. I hope to see a sports themed farm in the future
  • musicalcatmusicalcat Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 375 Social Snowflake
    edited July 2014
    Sparky0 wrote: »
    I really can't stand sports at all so I tend to tune everything about them out but this may not be a bad idea unless they decide to Playskool it up like they did with all the other farms. It would at least be something different.

This, exactly. Not a sports fan myself, but might be fun if they don't go too "cute."
  • Katrina GetzKatrina Getz Assassin Registered User Posts: 515
    edited July 2014
    I'd like a putting green :) I've turned Lighthouse Cove into a Resort and want to use the windmill as part of a miniature golf course
    edited July 2014
    I have a Golf Green on my Hawaiian Paradise Resort. It must have been a quest prize because I only have one. Super cute!

I like miniature golf and my hubby plays real golf with the pros (middle-age friends with knee replacements so they can keep up).

Either type of golf course, mini or regulation, would look great on a sports-themed farm. And I love the windmill idea for the mini course!
    edited July 2014
    Looks like a lot of people love the idea of a sports themed farm...could it be on the horizon?
  • ElaineMitchellElaineMitchell Enthusiastic Expert Facebook Connect User Posts: 343
    edited July 2014
    NONONONONNONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I HATE all sports! I would rather have a root canal than have anything to do with SPORTS! All games eveolved out of monkeys playing "keep-away" with coconuts!
  • ElaineMitchellElaineMitchell Enthusiastic Expert Facebook Connect User Posts: 343
    edited July 2014
    This would be one farm that, unless I could completely delete and redesign the decor, I would NEVER EVER visit. I have deliberately hidden and redesigned some farms such as the hideous Bright Light one, by hiding all distinct features with trees, dragon lairs, etc. I deleted all of the silly "new" crafting shops from the Farmer Square and instead placed Australian habitats and Orchards on it. If a new sport themed farm comes out, my first move will be to delete as much of it as possible and replace everything with substitutes!!!

So, I hope the developers bear this in mind, and allow the design to be changed by the users. Give us a shipping license immediately, so we can transfer things to the new farm, allow all types of habitats and buildings from other farms to be placed on the new one, and do NOT force us to have this.
    edited July 2014

I HATE all sports! I would rather have a root canal than have anything to do with SPORTS! All games eveolved out of monkeys playing "keep-away" with coconuts!

I didn't like the Sweet Acres farm because I thought all that sugar would send me to the dentist to have cavities filled. I used the time off to clean up my old farms. Once the quests were done, I expanded with coins and cleared the obstacles so I could use the farm for foals, calves, and bloom gardens. It's just a storage farm.

If they create a sports-themed farm, I will play that one. I would love the opportunity to use some of the sports-themed items we've been given in the past. The idea of creating a miniature golf course is pretty cool. And I'm also hoping that a more "masculine" theme will be an incentive for the guys I play with. :)
    edited July 2014
    Looks like a lot of people love the idea of a sports themed farm...could it be on the horizon?

I sure hope so! There are a lot of animals in the Market that would fit the theme. Maybe it's a sign................ :)

Boxer Panda, Prankster Orangutan, Weightlifter Bull, Cheerleader Yorkie, Jogger Monkey, Sporty Dog, & Baseball Pig.
    edited July 2014
    smokey great suggestions....sports themed farm coming up in time for the fall????
  • SpiritBloomsSpiritBlooms On Fire Registered User Posts: 711
    edited July 2014
    Please NO!

I agree - NO! Aren't we subjected to enough sports everywhere? :(
  • BrneeyoreBrneeyore Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 221
    edited July 2014
    I'm not a big fan of sports (with the exception of NLL Lacrosse), but I think this would be a really cool idea. Especially if the theme is done well and not too cartoon-y. There could be a baseball stadium, arena, etc. And the opportunities are endless. We already have some baseball themed animals and decos. The only issue I would have is that all the decos (at least cool ones) would be only available for farm cash. I'd love to see a lot more coin decos, animals, and trees. I would definitely play a sports themed farm. I have to say, since they started coming out with the new farms at the pace they have been, I've been pretty disappointed with some of them. I wasn't a fan of sweet acres, but I've decorated it with all the "sweet" stuff I've had in storage. I've put all of the candy themed trees in orchards on that farm and I do play on it because I have it fully expanded and an unwither ring. It's not my favorite, but I'm a plot hog, and a decorating fanatic. If I have lots of land, I can decorate and plant which to me is the best of both worlds. The best part of beating a farm for myself is to be able to decorate it the way I want and not have to worry about maximizing plot space to master the crops. This is the only reason why I continue to work towards the shipping licenses.

Just my two cents.
    Brenda
    edited July 2014
    sounds like this is a possibility for the next farm based on the feedback...hmmmmmm
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited July 2014

LOL. This is how I feel about sports. If they do make a farm like this, mine will remain 12x12 and have nothing but a gas pump on it. That will be the easiest 8 weeks of FV ever for me. By all means, bring us a sports farm and I will take a long vacation.
  • JanelexJanelex Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 465
    edited July 2014
    Anything would be better than the constant farms based on Fairies all the time, we have 2 of those already and another one coming up in a few weeks, cannot think there could be more you can do with the Fairy theme than we already have. What about the Mexican farm or the Toy one that was supposed to be coming soon too, they would be far better than stupid faires!
  • SpiritBloomsSpiritBlooms On Fire Registered User Posts: 711
    edited July 2014
    LOL. This is how I feel about sports. If they do make a farm like this, mine will remain 12x12 and have nothing but a gas pump on it. That will be the easiest 8 weeks of FV ever for me. By all means, bring us a sports farm and I will take a long vacation.
    LOL, that's one way to look at it. Actually I did relax a bit during the Celestial and Sweet Acres themes, though I did finally beat them just for the extra storage. ;)