Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Understanding Stables and the Leveling Process

Comments

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited February 2014
    Better be careful there 19Lyds - you are using logic LOL
  • rrstarrrstar Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 89
    edited February 2014
    Although this topic has been covered many many times, there are quite a few doubts and requests for additional information. Rather than answer each query individually, I have decided to create this thread:

Q: I am a new player and I don't have a stable:

A: You will have to wait for Zynga to do a special re-release of the Stable. There is no other method to obtain it other than that. Stables were selling for 50 Farmcash when they were last available in the market.

Q: I have a stable, but I don't know where to start and what strategy to adopt:

A: This depends on your XP level. If you are below the 1000 XP level, your strategy should be to generate 'harvest coins' as fast as possible so that you can breach the 1000 level threshold. If you are already above level 1000, your strategy should be to maximize the stallion bonus (more on this later). Here is a sample setup to get you started:

qrhwew.png

Q: Okay, I am below 1000 XP. Now what?

A: You are going to harness the multiplicative power of the stable. The stable instantly reaches 100% maturity when you move (insert) a 'seed horse' that's at or above 33% growth. The breed of this seed horse and the current maturity level of the stable do not matter. Illustrated below is a horse at 65% being moved into a stable at 0%...

11h8mfm.png

Each time a seed horse is inserted into the stable, which is then subsequently harvested... there are 5 probabilistic outcomes and 1 definite outcome (the coins obtained based on the harvest value of horses inside the stable). Your goal at this stage is to maximize these harvest coins. Hence, the Cremello Stallion which gives 4500 coins and 4500 coconuts is the most prudent choice for beginners. Here are the five probabilistic prizes (Arborists, Farmhands, 100 XP prizes, Foals (not shown), and the Stallion Bonus).

34zhmxl.png

Q: How do I get lots of Cremello Stallions?

A: If you are on any other farm except for Hawaiian Paradise, the Cremello Stallion sells for 26 Farmcash. If you are on HP, you have an added option of buying it for 450,000 coconuts. You may have to diversify into Blue Whales (and their babies) for a bit to generate enough coconuts so as to purchase the number of Cremellos you desire (at least 10 to 20).

Q: I don't have a Hawaiian Paradise shipping license and/or my Stable is on a different farm?

You can purchase the Stallions for Farmcash! Or you can ask a neighbor who has a Cremello Stallion to put it out on their open farm, and then you can travel to their farm and purchase it for coconuts rather than Farmcash. With this method, the Cremellos go to your Giftbox and can then be placed on any farm of your choice (obviously the one where your stable is located).

Q: Okay, I have 10 to 20 Cremellos in my stable. Now what?

A: Buy as many regular horses you can and place them out in the open. You can also use ALL your other horses if necessary. As mentioned earlier the breed doesn't matter. Wait for 24 hours (so that these seed horses reach 33%), and start cycling the Stable to 100% maturity with each horse.

Let's assume you have 50 seed horses out in the open and 20 Cremellos in your stable. This will give you a definite coin harvest of at least 20 * 4500 = 90,000 coins and 90,000 coconuts. Repeat 50 times and you are looking at 4.5 million coins.

Q: Blah 4.5 million coins are not enough to even go up a single level?!?!

A: The journey from 0 to level 1,000 is the longest and hardest. It took me 3 months just to get from Level 640 to 1,000. Comparatively, it took me just under two weeks to get from level 1 Million to 2 Million. You also should be generating coins through other methods and processes.
    Search the forum to investigate numerous other income strategies.

Q: I am impatient, I want to speed up this process?

A: Purchasing the Double Coin and Double XP statues can quadruple your efforts. Alternatively, the stable holds a maximum of 40 horses. Having 39 Cremello Stallions, and inserting 1 seed horse at a time, will guarantee you 175,500 coins and coconuts per harvest. You can technically fill your entire farm with the regular brown horses worth 50,000 coins and cycle through the Stable all day long!

Q: I am above the 1000 XP Level, what should my strategy be?

A: The essence now lies in getting the Stallion Bonus. Recall that this is one of the five probabilistic outcomes from stable cycling. The Stallion Bonus requires a single Stallion inside the stable (any Stallion will do -- Cremello and Dark being the preferred breeds), and it is directly correlated to your current XP Level.

Q: What do you mean by directly correlated?

A: Stallion Bonus = Your XP Level squared (ex: XP Level 1500, gives a Stallion Bonus of 1500*1500 = 2.25 Million coins).

Q: So should I still keep all the Cremello Stallions in my Stable?

A: Not at this stage. You want to quickly cycle the seed horses... so as to maximize your chances of winning the Stallion Bonus. Cycling a single horse takes much longer than batch insertion and removal. Remember, 2.25 Million coins are worth much much more than the 175,500 maximum harvest coins you can get from your 39 Cremellos.

Q: How do I spend my coins as fast as possible to gain the necessary XP?

A: Use Special Delivery Boxes on your Australian farm to maximize the storage space to 1250 units. Buy Coastal Mansions at 10 Million coins each and put them into your storage until full. Sell and repeat until you run of out coins.

Q: Are there any more advanced strategies?

Indeed, but unless you have tens of billions of coins in reserve, they aren't very applicable. Try to first achieve level 25,000+ using the above method and then contact 19Lyds :)

A bump and quote, because every farmer should read this! 19Lyds, looking forward to your "+ 25,000 insight"! :)
  • Raynman5Raynman5 The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,165
    edited February 2014
    belle7478 wrote:
    It is not a big difference but, FWIW, I can move the horses in at 33% vs 34%. I haven't tried anything lower

That works because the actual percentage of elapsed time is 33.33% or more (farmville doesn't show the fractions) when you put it in. The horse outside the stable takes 3 days to harvest and inside is 1 day. So 33.33%, or 1/3 outside is equivalent to 1 day inside. If you put it in at 32% it'll probably be 98% in the stable.
    19Lyds wrote:
    The "tip" is in Question #5 above. Folks will be delighted when they figure it out

Color me delighted :) I tried the levelling thing long ago but gave up around lvl 5,000. I was doing the Cremellos in the stable and buying Mansions, that was slow and too tedious. I was amazed when I saw people were at 100,000 and couldn't imagine the devotion that took. Now they're at 1,000,000 in such a short time so I knew I was missing something lol. Since Friday and with only a few hours work I've reached 14,000+ and am re-addicted to levelling :cool: ... not sure if I should thank you or curse you lol, j/k, Thank you for the tip.
    bennigan wrote:
    My fear about all the attention we have given it this past couple months is it will result in some change by Zynga to limit this or prevent it. That will result in me quitting completely…but I'm not really sure that would be a bad thing.

It was your post many months (years?) ago that clued me into the Cremello/mansion strategy. Since I started playing the levelling game again a couple of days ago, after seeing 19Lyds tip, I have been fearing the same thing. If such a thing were to happen my reaction to it will be the same as yours. And maybe that is a good thing. ;)
  • MIB4MIB4 Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 959
    edited February 2014
    Edited to remove my own stupidity as have been put out of my misery. Thanks to you know who ;-)
  • GoldenDomer93GoldenDomer93 Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 150
    edited February 2014
    Been working on the horse stable all weekend and yes it is helping
  • pianoplayer88keypianoplayer88key The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,403 The Boss
    edited February 2014
    Or, instead of removing the feature, they'll just bring back the stable for 500 farm cash & reset---OOUUUCH!! Ok maybe I should shut up? ;):D
    edited February 2014
    So... Am I'm doing this right?

I am at level 1554. I have a stable on my English Countryside farm, with 90 seed stallions, (a mixture of creamello and dark stallions). In the past 45 minutes, I have cycled the stallions through the stable. I collected perhaps 6 arborist, 4 farmhands, and 9 100 xp bonuses and 235 million coins.

I'm good with the 235m, but, disappointed that I didn't get one "STALLION BONUS". Am I being unreasonable?

Don't hold back, tell me what you think! I can handle it!

(OBTW, I'm still trying to figure out the mysterious question 5 clue! I'm still clueless!!!)
  • benniganbennigan Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 587 Goldsmith
    edited February 2014
    I'm groggy from some pain meds, but I think the 235 million coins are your stallion bonus.
  • Raynman5Raynman5 The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,165
    edited February 2014
    rrstar wrote: »
    So... Am I'm doing this right?

I am at level 1554. I have a stable on my English Countryside farm, with 90 seed stallions, (a mixture of creamello and dark stallions). In the past 45 minutes, I have cycled the stallions through the stable. I collected perhaps 6 arborist, 4 farmhands, and 9 100 xp bonuses and 235 million coins.

I'm good with the 235m, but, disappointed that I didn't get one "STALLION BONUS". Am I being unreasonable?

Don't hold back, tell me what you think! I can handle it!

(OBTW, I'm still trying to figure out the mysterious question 5 clue! I'm still clueless!!!)

At your level the bonus is just under 2½ million so if you got 235 million then most likely you were getting the bonus and not noticing it. For example 90 stallions all earning 2½ million would total just over 240 million. The bonus doesn't show as a regular static popup, it is the rolling type popup that appears from the bottom of the screen and goes away on it's own.

p.s. Check your private messages.
    edited February 2014
    It takes a while to level up. If I remember correctly at the end of my second year of playing I was roughly level 1050, at the end of my third year I was level 48,000 or so…so in the last two months I've accrued some 98% of my total levels. Now between year two and year three I didn't concentrate exclusively on leveling up, but I was spending quite a bit of time trying to add coins and thus leveling up.

I still like to farm my farms…don't plant on most of them, but I pay attention to all of them other than JF. I tried to get it going a few months ago, but I just don't have the interest in it….I will say if I'd worked it to begin with and it looked anything like Lee's then I would pay a lot of attention to it.
    edited February 2014
    [QUOTE=Raynman5;

p.s. Check your private messages.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Farmer!!! I'm so all on this! :)

{Mr/Ms PaganiZonda and Mr 19Lyds, Now is not the time to rest on your laurels!} :)
  • pianoplayer88keypianoplayer88key The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,403 The Boss
    edited February 2014
    So I decided to check on something re: the stables/stallions/etc...

I spent/XP'd my way (with other things) until I had 5 coins and was right at level 230. (Hovering over the XP showed 99,999 XP needed to reach Level 131.) I had 40 Cremello Stallions in my stable, plus 131 Cremellos on the farm on Lighthouse Cove.

I cycled most of the Cremellos through the stable (taking 23 minutes to do so), except for a group of 50, as I was tired and needed to go to bed. (It was 1:02am and I'd had a long day.) At this point I had 17,304,005 coins. I noted that my stallion bonus was 53,000 coins, per the popup that scrolled up from the bottom every time I got said bonus. The base return I was getting every time I harvested the full stable was 180,000 coins.

Earlier this afternoon (1:54pm), I logged on to cycle the remaining Cremellos through. I noted that I had 17,347,605 coins, and needed 100,000 XP to level 231. (Somehow I lost 1 XP point, and gained 43,600 coins in my absence.)

After 12 minutes, the rest of the Cremellos had been cycled. At this point I had 27,619,605 coins. There were 132 Cremellos on the farm and 39 in the Stable. (When I started last night there were 131 + 40, as I had accidentally left the first "seed" stallion in the stable previously, and it had since matured naturally.)

For now, I've removed *ALL* Stallions from the stable, so it has 0, and the farm has 171 Cremellos. (There are also 13 other types of stallions on the farm, plus 2 minis in a paddock, but I wasn't working with them.)

Next time I go on the farm to cycle them (tomorrow afternoon around 2pm at the earliest), would it be better if I ...
    A - cycle ONE stallion through at a time, removing each one in between, OR,
    B - add a stallion, harvest, add another one, harvest, and so on until the stable's full, then doing the normal remove one add another cycle?

If it helps give advice, in summary a full stable gives 180,000 coins, I have a total of 171 Cremello Stallions available (not counting the 14 I have in Hawaiian storage, the 1 I forgot about in a paddock, the 1 on Winter Wonderland, and however many additional Cremellos something like 27M+ coconuts will buy.)

Basically ... is my stallion bonus high enough that it's best to leave the stallions out of the stable and maximize the number of harvests, or should I keep 39 in the stable (40 when seeding) and maximize the coins per harvest at the expense of number of total harvests?
    edited February 2014
    Numbers befuddle me to follow or answer that question, but I'd never have the patience to add one, take it out, add one, etc.

Along that line I always wondered it if you did that you could replace a horse that gave you a farmhand or arborist and replace it with a horse that might give you another stallion reward…or if the arborist and farmhands were just random instead of being specific to the horse. I have to believe they are random, but it always seemed like I would get like numbers of each type gift…I just never had the patience to explore it beyond thought.
  • PaganiZondaPaganiZonda The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,194 Assassin
    edited February 2014
    4500, 9000, 13500, 18000, 22500, 27000, 31500, 36000, 40500, 45000, 49500, 54000, 58500, 63000, 67500, 72000, 76500, 81000, 85500, 90000, 94500, 99000, 103500, 108000, 112500, 117000, 121500, 126000, 130500, 135000, 139500, 144000, 148500, 153000, 157500, 162000, 166500, 171000, 175500.

That's how your "Harvest Coins" returns look like based on each progressive Cremello Stallion you add. It is my opinion that you keep adding stallions to your stable until it fills up to 39, and then proceed to add 1 stallion at a time. Your Stallion Bonus is no where near the point where Batch Insertion makes sense. Only when you get close a million coins per Stallion Bonus (level 1000) does it make sense to forgo the 175K+ Harvest Coins per insertion. Remember the Stallion Bonus is probabilistic (1 in 5 chance), while the Harvest Coins are a 'Definite Outcome'. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush :)
    edited February 2014
    Ahh, thanks, PZ. :)

So today I added the Cremellos 1 at a time, harvesting each time till I had 39 in there, then cycled 1 through at a time, a then-total of 171 Stallions. Then, I spent the coconuts on some more Cremellos, and brought out the ones I'd bought the other day, and now I have 265 Cremello Stallions on my Lighthouse Cove farm, and 39 in the Stable. Also, courtesy of buying a few Coastal Mansions and regular mansions, I'm sitting on 945,259 coins, Level 237, needing 99,334 XP to the next level. (I also cycled a couple other types of stallions through, just as necessary so I could get the stallion bonus screenshot, cause I forgot to while cycling the Cremellos.)

FV+2014-02-11+LHC+Horses+stallion+bonus.jpg

It looks like I still have room for quite a few more Cremello Stallions, but at what point should I stop adding them? :) Or would it be worth bringing the hundred or so mares out of storage, or buying a ton of Music Pegacorns (10,000 coins each), even if it means sending a bunch of foals into outer space and reducing the chance of the stallion bonus for now?

Oh, also, I cycled the pub a few times on my home farm to gain a few coins and XP - enough to put me over the edge to go up a level. This is started by having 2 other buildings on the farm (in my case I chose winery & bakery) then reloading the game. Next, sell the winery & bakery, then I can buy the Pub for 1,000 coins, giving 1,000 XP. Selling the pub gives me 5,000 coins back. (If I had loaded the game with no other buildings, I would have only gotten 50 coins for the pub.) Repeat several times as desired. Of course with you guys getting trillions of coins per stallion bonus, and buying 100s of Ligers at a time, this method isn't really needed, but for low level players like me (and maybe even more so below level 30 or so) I think it can be a decent way of building coins and XP. :)

Oh, and, here's a big hint about question 15. ;) (I hope Lee doesn't get too upset at me for reposting his screenshot here :p)

FarmvilleLevel1100010_zps7dfc63e1.jpg
    edited February 2014
    As an aside to this, I felt my returns didn't match the number of horses I was harvesting (I was getting more than expected) and having just checked today's numbers I have realised that my double coin statue is doubling the stallion bonus (have got used to so many things not doubling on this statue that I assumed the stallion bonus was another to add to the list).

A pleasant surprise to say the least.

Now if I had just had the good sense last week to wait to spend the 3 billion coins on dark stallions until after getting the double xp statue in the sale...
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited February 2014
    MIB4 wrote: »
    Now if I had just had the good sense last week to wait to spend the 3 billion coins on dark stallions until after getting the double xp statue in the sale...

Why not buy Australian Coastal Mansions instead? Do you really want/need the Darks?
    edited February 2014
    Makes no difference which I buy as both ultimately yield the same xp for the same amount spent and recoup the same amount when sold.

I buy the dark stallion simply because I can spend money more frequently as can spend by numbers divisible my 2million rather than 10million but really it doesn't matter as it is the boost to xp that counts with either of those purchases and that is identical.
  • PaganiZondaPaganiZonda The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,194 Assassin
    edited June 2014
    Thread updated as requested -- could the power levelers please let me know of your current levels? It'll be nice to have an insight into where everyone stands. Thanks :)
  • GoldenDomer93GoldenDomer93 Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 150
    edited June 2014
    PaganiZonda, thanks for the post and I like the idea of seeing the top ranked power levelers from the board.
    edited June 2014
    PZ, I'm "only" at like 442 or so. :eek: I'm playing a little here & there (right now doing some planting because of a 1-week double mastery statue I have active for the next few days), but I really need a new computer (or at least maybe put more RAM in this 6-year-old Laptop - bring it up to 4 GB for about $50) before I get as hardcore back into it as the "evil 3" are/were. :)

Oh, and searching some of your earlier topics reveals some interesting info as to past levels that the "big 3" were on less than a year ago. :p
  • rnbw flwrrnbw flwr Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 544 Enthusiastic Expert
    edited June 2014
    Thread updated as requested -- could the power levelers please let me know of your current levels? It'll be nice to have an insight into where everyone stands. Thanks :)
    I am still a million and a little more. I stopped leveling as I felt that was enough. Now after a long break I think I should catch up:).
  • croatoancroatoan Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 66
    edited June 2014
    Currently level 2315

But since March I have slowed to a crawl, bogged down in trying to empty out my gift box.

My stallion bonus is around 10,000,000.

Every time I get a Billion coins a spend it all in a 200 Level up. At this point, I think I could do that in a day if I really worked at it, but I don't have the endurance to cycle that many.

I don't see the advantage of cycling the horses one at a time. Is it just 39 more cycles than I other wise would have? Because I have so many horses on that farm that I Can't cycle them all before they mature.
  • croatoancroatoan Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 66
    edited June 2014
    Currently level 2315

But since March I have slowed to a crawl, bogged down in trying to empty out my gift box.
  • melissahaleymelissahaley Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 39
    edited June 2014
    Ok, so I'm trying to get my head around this strategy. I thought I had it, but then I tried it, and it's not working like I thought. I'm at level 246, so I'm trying the below 1000 strategy. But my seed horse shows "harvest in 1 day, 21 hours" and when I move it into the stable, it doesn't reach 100% maturity. Are there certain horses that won't work or am I missing something?:confused:
    edited June 2014
    Melissa when you hover over the stable how long does it say until it is ready? It should just be a few minutes. Try it again with horses 1 day and 20 hours.
    edited June 2014
    Sandy7226 wrote: »
    Melissa when you hover over the stable how long does it say until it is ready? It should just be a few minutes. Try it again with horses 1 day and 20 hours.

My stable says "21 hours, 7 min" but I thought it was the horses that made the stable "ready", not the other way around? (My brain is beginning to hurt.) And I have horses that are 1 day 20 hours, but nothing happens when I put them in.
  • Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited June 2014
    My stable says "21 hours, 7 min" but I thought it was the horses that made the stable "ready", not the other way around? (My brain is beginning to hurt.) And I have horses that are 1 day 20 hours, but nothing happens when I put them in.
    are you sure your referring to the Stable (below) and not a Horse Paddock?

Stable_zps8c616b28.jpg
    edited June 2014
    are you sure your referring to the Stable (below) and not a Horse Paddock?

Stable_zps8c616b28.jpg

yep, it even says "horse stable" when I hover over it
    (tried to do a screen shot but it didn't work.)
  • Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited June 2014
    yep, it even says "horse stable" when I hover over it
    (tried to do a screen shot but it didn't work.)
    Well, I don't know what to say other than something is screwy.

Reading your post I went to see if maybe Zynga has been **** around with the Stallion Bonus and the Horse Stable and everything seemed to work fine.

BTW, in case folks are not aware of it, you can move fully matured horses into the Stable using the "MOVE" Tool. It cumbersome flip flopping back and forth from the MOVE Tool to the MultiTool for harvesting but it eliminates the absolute need to visit your Farms on a daily basis at the same time.

I mean, not that you folks do that and all..................