Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Travelling on farms (menù)

Daniele MariniDaniele Marini GrasshopperRegistered User Posts: 39
edited June 2014 in FarmVille Discussion
I personally wish they would list the farms in alphabetical order, would be easier this way for me.

Comments

• Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 766 Aged to Perfection
    edited May 2014
    I wish that they'd have a "sort by" button or have everything as a list like it is in every other menu. I prefer different things depending on what I'm doing. If I'm going back and forth between a few farm I like it to be sorted by most recent. If I'm buying good for fuel it's easier to keep track of and actually fewer clicks in the long run to list this way. A single drop down list like they had at first wouldn't have all the huge graphics to load on an already slow game and no clicks would be required. Can't have that though, they seem to always find ways to just waste our time. Alphabetical lists would be good too. Unfortunately there's that pesky skill set issue and we'll be stuck with whichever way TPTB decide we have to have.
  • Rebecca2Rebecca2 Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 193 Fisher
    edited May 2014
    YES HAY what they done with the travel inorders now it all messed up and i keep going back to the farms i already visited so whats. going on. why messed up a good system if you done it so the farm just visit to the end and the next farm not beginning would not that have been better?
  • AnnthewhofanAnnthewhofan Forum Detective Registered User Posts: 295 Unstained Chieftain
    edited May 2014
    Why have they swapped it round for it was easier when you know whats farms been and the ones that you had not put it back the way it was please but my idea is in reverse order so only need to click once.
  • AnnthewhofanAnnthewhofan Forum Detective Registered User Posts: 295 Unstained Chieftain
    edited May 2014
    Yes there is something else i like to say how could you change the system as with all the crashes that happens a lot and the freezes as i said put the back but in reverse order so only need to click once and also have a lot more players in stead of losing them i almost about to quite with a health problem i got over the weekend not sure how this health problem going to pam out

Have the 3 main farms in front to those who only use them
  • sharonkpsharonkp Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 72
    edited May 2014
    I agree with Sparky0 - having a "sort by" button would give everyone the ability to sort the farms the way they like. Personally, I prefer the way it was before, with the most recent farm being first. When I want to visit each and every farm, it's easier to just go to the end, click on the last farm each time, and I'm at a new, not recently visited farm. When I want to go back and forth between a couple of farms being used a lot, the last visited farm is first, so no extra clicks. But with a "sort by" button, each farmer can have it just the way they want it.
  • Katrina GetzKatrina Getz Assassin Registered User Posts: 515
    edited May 2014
    unfortunately every time they add or change something, something else ends up broken. right now I can't open the craftshop on any farm
  • PaganiZondaPaganiZonda The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,194 Assassin
    edited May 2014
    This is something I threw together in a few minutes... all they have to do is condense the icons and put more farms on each screen. Then players will only have to travel between 2 sliding screens at the most to find their farm. Sorting would be good (but too much work for Zynga's programmers). This is just re-arranging already programmed flash icons. They could have it ready by tomorrow if they wanted to.

907kes.png
  • Daniele MariniDaniele Marini Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 39
    edited May 2014
    For me it's a marketing strategy.
    Some of the "old" player (like me) doesn't care at all about new farms, so we'll never travel to the others.
    Because we could use the last visited farm.
    Now, putting the farms by release order, EC, HC and LC will remain at the bottom of the list. So...They think that, forcing the old players to see the other farm, they MAYBE visit the "abandoned" farms...
  • Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited May 2014
    I personally wish they would list the farms in alphabetical order, would be easier this way for me.
    No no no no no!

I've gotten used to their current order where latest released Farm is always the 1st Farm in the List and the Home Farm is the ;ast farm in the list!

Actually, the "menu" should be customizable so you could put them in any prder you want but I expect that if they allowed that, that some programmer would honk the coding all up and you'd eventually get locked out of all your Farms.
  • Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited May 2014
    This is something I threw together in a few minutes... all they have to do is condense the icons and put more farms on each screen. Then players will only have to travel between 2 sliding screens at the most to find their farm. Sorting would be good (but too much work for Zynga's programmers). This is just re-arranging already programmed flash icons. They could have it ready by tomorrow if they wanted to.

907kes.png

Is this the order that YOU see PZ?

If so, it doesn't look anything at all like what I see......................
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited May 2014
    Mine are in order from newest to oldest with the exception that HL is listed before ED.
  • PaganiZondaPaganiZonda The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,194 Assassin
    edited May 2014
    Is this the order that YOU see PZ?
    If so, it doesn't look anything at all like what I see......................

Oh no, Farmer Clyde. That is just a schematic/order I randomly came up with. I would love to see 12 farms on one screen, that way the actual order will be meaningless as most of your farms will be right there. If they can color code visited vs un-visited farms -- that would be even more awesome.
  • Rebecca2Rebecca2 Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 193 Fisher
    edited May 2014

907kes.png
    very good i like the idea but have them in smaller icons never know what zynga plans on doing more farm
    edited May 2014
    I like it this way, I now know how many clicks that it takes to get to a certain farm. No more hoping that the images load properly, if I want to go to the Jade farm I click four times and wait for that to load. Celestial Pastures, click twice.
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited May 2014
    I know you will all think I am crazy but since my farm travel screen has always been in release date order, I have the order memorized. I can name off the farms in order from memory, and I can find them on the travel screens just as easily thanks to that memory.
  • MouseWranglerMouseWrangler Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,936 Lord of the Forums
    edited May 2014
    I would love to see 12 farms on one screen, that way the actual order will be meaningless as most of your farms will be right there.

Common sense dictates that this is how it should be. Put them all on one screen so there is no scrolling, no sorting needed.
    edited May 2014
    Common sense dictates that this is how it should be. Put them all on one screen so there is no scrolling, no sorting needed.

But alas, this is Zynga that we are talking about. It will never be like that. :rolleyes:
  • darqladydarqlady The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,321 Cream Corn Champion
    edited May 2014
    I loved the new most recently used farm order. It showed me which farms I haven't been to recently. I will have to go back to the memorizing how many clicks it takes. I really hate the new way. I tend to go back and forth between 2-4 farms and they were usually right there to click on.. Oh well. maybe we will get a different navigation screen to replace this one. But really I would like options.
  • sherathecatsherathecat The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 61 Captain Obvious
    edited May 2014
    How about a straight drop down list without icons & arranged alphabetically at the top of the page and the icon list at the bottom right (but smaller). Best of both worlds.
  • DaphneHarridgeDaphneHarridge Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 195 Fisher
    edited May 2014

907kes.png

That is terrific!!! :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Moderator
    edited May 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jmcilroyjmcilroy Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 23 Building Expert
    edited May 2014
    With all these 'New' farms it has become an irritation getting to the original home farm when you no longer list them by most recent. I like many others only go to certain farms. It is primarily and issue of excessive clicks. Instead of making the farms player friendly seems as if they force you to play it their way without considering how the player wants to play, and usually additional clicks to achieve things.

While I am here, let me bring up again the Arborist! They are a useless tool that is unnecessary unless they can also be used to collect all trees on the
  • FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited May 2014
    Fu Lai - I hope that means you'll be passing on Pz's design to the design team. I think the consensus opinion was we would like something that shows more farms at a time, whether it be a drop down menu or something similar to the picture.

Jmcilroy - I don't consider arborists useless. There are a couple farms that I have trees sitting out on that I use them on.
  • ice rok the sequelice rok the sequel Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 110
    edited May 2014
    My main farm has all my crafties on it ... dairy, yarn barn, sweet shop and of course the wizard one from mystic. I did that to simplify the game play. That farm is LHC because it has more room. Now its at the back of the scroll. What a treat it is to go back and collect each and every time I change farms. it has become one major tedious chore. Oh sure the dairy and yarn barn is in the drop down but the other two were taken out. OH I just can't wait for the next farm to be released sending our 'central stations' further and further away. I am not going to sweet acres to craft the sweet shop. I don't even like sweet acres or holiday lights or emerald valley . They are too small and too full of baneful obstacles to deal with. Its like owning a rock farm! Big pass on them! Mediteranean doesn't seem overly formidable for obstacles like say Australia. This little piece of market strategy (if that is what it is) isn't going to work. Long time players like what they like and no amount of cohersion will force them to go where they do not want to go. Who ever came up with this idea gets a lump of coal for xmas!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Moderator
    edited May 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • darqladydarqlady The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,321 Cream Corn Champion
    edited June 2014
    Last night after the update mine reverted back to keeping the most recently used farms. YEAH!

I agree that there should be a navigation option so people who like consistent order can have it, those who want recently can have it and if you want it one way for a day or two and then the other way, you can change it...
  • Paul MuscatoPaul Muscato Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 41 Building Expert
    edited June 2014
    Please give us the choice on how the farms are listed. The three options that could be standard are

1. By release date
    2. Alphabetical
    3. Most recently visited

I visit every farm every day and changing the travel option to only most recently visited means I have to scroll through the lest every time.

Thanks for listening
  • lsmith123lsmith123 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 7 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited June 2014
    MY farms are moving around by whichever one I visited last, they do not seem to be in any particular time sequence, which they were before - it used to be the newest farms came up when you opened the menu, then the older farms were on the last couple screens. I am not at all happy with this, as it used to be I knew which page what farm was on, and where, and I could click 'n go before the silly pictures even finished loading
    edited June 2014
    lsmith123 wrote: »
    MY farms are moving around by whichever one I visited last, they do not seem to be in any particular time sequence, which they were before - it used to be the newest farms came up when you opened the menu, then the older farms were on the last couple screens. I am not at all happy with this, as it used to be I knew which page what farm was on, and where, and I could click 'n go before the silly pictures even finished loading

Not for everyone. My mother, sister, and I all had it so that the most recently visited ones were near the front, my husband had it like you had it. I preferred it that way, I only had it a couple days and now I miss it.
  • pianoplayer88keypianoplayer88key The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,403 The Boss
    edited June 2014
    I was thinking - I'd like to be able to choose farms to hide from & show in the travel menu, and what order to put them in.

For choosing the order, you could do that in the travel menu (maybe have a button that pops up a dialog of options or something). Maybe: order of release, last visited, alphabetical, time until crops (or other major item) ready, custom, etc; also ascending/descending.

For choosing ones to hide and show, that would also be in the options dialog you get when clicking that button. Farms that will show would have a check, farms that wouldn't should be blank, or grayscale and semi-faded. As for the interface of said options, maybe a clue could be taken from the shipping licenses menu in the storage window.