Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Fuel Day, Huh?

MouseWranglerMouseWrangler Lord of the ForumsRegistered User Posts: 2,936 Lord of the Forums
edited May 2014 in FarmVille Discussion
It is "supposed" to mean we can plant without consuming any fuel. The skeptic in me wonders how well that will work. I am actually afraid to plant anything on that day, now.

Comments

• FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited May 2014
    Actually I'm curious if it will actually work too. If it doesn't, it probably won't be fixed til after the event is over. And I remember in the past there were always issues when they offered double mastery.

If it does work, I could work on those pizza shop crops. I'm still trying to motivate myself to do those.
  • jetlordjetlord Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 339
    edited May 2014
    With 21,000 large tanks of fuel saved up and gaining more, the only thing I'm interested in is a "free insta-grow" day. :)
  • Richard ReidRichard Reid Assassin Registered User Posts: 921
    edited May 2014
    Combined with a 'free turbo day'. ;) (I've got 67000 cans of fuel and have mostly put crafting for fuel on hold. Working on bushel babies and such old things as the space ship.)
  • benniganbennigan Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 587 Goldsmith
    edited May 2014
    When is this no fuel day supposed to occur…I've seen nothing but this thread?
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited May 2014
  • Mimi48Mimi48 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 647 Mazter Guardian
    edited May 2014
    This upcoming Monday.

at the top of game it says may 26th 2014...so who knows...
  • musicalcatmusicalcat Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 375 Social Snowflake
    edited May 2014
    Does anyone know; do you actually have to "join" the event on facebook or is everyone automatically in?
  • PaganiZondaPaganiZonda The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,194 Assassin
    edited May 2014
    Musicalcat: You do NOT have to join. You will automatically be able to farm using no fuel -- if all goes well on Zynga's end :)
  • musicalcatmusicalcat Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 375 Social Snowflake
    edited May 2014
    ^^Thank you! :) ^^ Looking forward to it!
    edited May 2014
    Oh, sorry; another question: So will the event begin at midnight pacific time? I'm in Europe, so just trying to plan how late in the day to start farming.
    edited May 2014
    ^^ Yes, that sounds about right. 12 AM PST/ 3 AM EST is when the day begins for Zynga. But I would do a few test runs before getting into it.

Also, I guess one would Plow+Seed on the free fuel day, rather than plant before the event and just Harvest (unless you plan to use instagrows or plant shorter duration crops and pull off the full Plow/Seed/Harvest sequence in the 24-hour period).
  • pianoplayer88keypianoplayer88key The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,403 The Boss
    edited May 2014
    So I'm thinking I should stock up as much as possible on turbos from FS (I think I have 20-something right now), then use some instagrows on my 50x50 Holiday Lights farm. :) Idk how many turbos I'll be able to get, though, cause I won't be able to be on 'til this afternoon. :/ I do have a fully-upgraded mechanic shop, though. :) If I run out of turbos, though, PZ, would it be better to use the 4x4 combine on HL (48x48 plots plus a few around edge minus some uncleared obstacles), or on EC (36x36 plots, clear around edge)?

Oh, and does anyone know where I can see a list of all-farm crops, by date of original release or level of original unlock? I have a bunch of unmastered crops, some that are quite old, and am thinking I might like to master them in the order in which they were originally available. :)
  • Mimi48Mimi48 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 647 Mazter Guardian
    edited May 2014
    Someday, I'll know what day it is...UGH! Thought today was Monday...NOT!
    edited May 2014
    If I run out of turbos, though, PZ, would it be better to use the 4x4 combine on HL (48x48 plots plus a few around edge minus some uncleared obstacles), or on EC (36x36 plots, clear around edge)?

The 4x4 combine should work fine for both your farms Piano. Folks claim HL is a memory hog, so you might want to use your turbos on there to save yourself some manual farming angst. Although, if you are running low on Turbos, then Harvesting/Plowing/Seeding in one pass using the combine makes more sense than using 3 turbos to achieve the same. You can then use a single turbo to Harvest farms where you won't be planting additional crops.
    Oh, and does anyone know where I can see a list of all-farm crops, by date of original release or level of original unlock? I have a bunch of unmastered crops, some that are quite old, and am thinking I might like to master them in the order in which they were originally available. :)

I would save myself the trouble and simply sort the crops by "Mastery Progress" and have a go at it. There are some elusive crops that only show up on the Lighthouse so keep that in mind. Another strategy would be to master all the Farm specific crops first (think Emerald Valley, Sweet Acres. etc.), and then go after regular crops. On this note though, I only have 1 crop left to master... the new Espresso Cup. Otherwise, apart from some of the locked Early Access crops, I conquered them all :)
  • pianoplayer88keypianoplayer88key The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,403 The Boss
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for the tips, PZ. I found a fairly good listing on dirt farmer - although it didn't have specific dates of release on most things, it had some of them separated by theme and farm.

As it turned out, I wasn't able to get on until a little after 11 pm my time (I'm in the same state as Zynga). I didn't run out of turbos, I ran out of time. I did get the pizza crops up into the 2-star mastery zone, though. I still have something like 400-600 crops or something like that to master, many of which are still 0-star / never planted. :/ (I posted more details in another thread, so I won't repeat here.)

Any possible ideas for tackling them? I'm thinking something like expanding England to 58x58, getting the turbo ring & double mastery statue would help, but I'd rather not spend all that FC even though I do have a bunch of cash calves.

Oh, and a couple other things I've been curious about, which are probably polar opposites of each other. :)

1 - if you had unlimited farm cash and were starting from scratch, and had a screaming fast computer & connection with NO lag (for example, you could load Holiday Lights, turbo plant a crop, instagrow it and turbo harvest it ALL within 2 seconds or as fast as you can touch the game icons on a touchscreen), how fast do you think you could master *EVERYTHING* currently available in the game, and complete all tasks? (And how much farm cash would it cost for all those instagrows, turbos, double mastery statues, etc?)

Or,

2 - if you NEVER used *ANYTHING* that can be bought with real money (except coins - yes, it technically IS possible to buy coins with real money!) and had NO neighbors, how far could you get in a given (your choice) amount of time, like weeks or months or something? (or how long would it take to finish everything)?

I'm not looking for a super-detailed answer :) just something like "unlimited cash - 10 minutes to "complete" the game, NO real-money items - maybe to level 5 in a month with 3 crops to 1-star mastery and 1 recipe building leveled up once" or whatever it might be. :)
  • FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited May 2014
    If you have no neighbors, you would not be able to finish everything. For example, some of the seeds can only be gotten from seed spitters. You need some neighbors to help you build them. For the home farm and England, you also need a certain number of neighbors to get expansions.

Re your crop mastery, one thing to do is use bushel swap to get a bushel for mastery help. And then just start planting the crops one at a time. (Actually I'd work on several depending on your harvesting times) I'd work on ones that fit more with your time frames for when you can plant and harvest first. For example, if you are planting in the morning and harvesting in the evening, try planting the 8, 10 or 12 hour crops.
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited May 2014
    Many aspects of the game are impossible without neighbor assistance or cash. If trying to do it all alone on cash, you would probably spend tens of thousands of dollars to complete all farms.
    edited May 2014
    Totally agree Farmerdoofus. Neighbors are a necessity.