Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

That darn jerky screen...

kittenflowersmomladykittenflowersmomlady Gabby EnthusiastRegistered User Posts: 180
Hi kittenflowersmomlady!

I know exactly how you feel about those accidental purchases when suddenly a pop up appears out of nowhere. I encounter it always especially in FarmVille 2, that's why I waited for few minutes for all the pop ups to appear especially when I just opened my farm for the day to avoid them, but there are still coming up during the game duration. I appreciate the feedback you posted here and I'll bring this to our team's attention as well.

Comments

• kittenflowersmomladykittenflowersmomlady Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 180
    edited January 2014
    Fu_Lai wrote: »
    Hi kittenflowersmomlady!

I know exactly how you feel about those accidental purchases when suddenly a pop up appears out of nowhere. I encounter it always especially in FarmVille 2, that's why I waited for few minutes for all the pop ups to appear especially when I just opened my farm for the day to avoid them, but there are still coming up during the game duration. I appreciate the feedback you posted here and I'll bring this to our team's attention as well.

Thank you for replying - it really shouldn't take it for something that is ready to harvest without a purchase. The screen just jerks at the right instant and 'bam', gone again. If it helps, I use Chrome, latest flash, etc. It really has reduced my desire to purchase fv cash, so it should matter to them - again, thanks, appreciate the response and commiseration :p
  • SpiritBloomsSpiritBlooms On Fire Registered User Posts: 711
    edited January 2014
    That's exactly how I lost cash in the dairy, the jerky screen. It will suddenly jump up or down. It did that just as I was clicking to open something, and wham, 4 fc gone at a time. It seems to be when the ads change above or below the game that it jerks up and down like that, but yes, the pop-ups opening suddenly can do it too. I accidentally clicked the X on baby bunny eggs the other day, trying to click the X on something else, because it popped up suddenly. That was my fault trying to click ahead of the S-L-O-W game that day. But the fc loss in the dairy was not my fault (and it's happened 3 times now!) and I'll never get that cash back and I'm still angry about it.
  • Raynman5Raynman5 The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,165
    edited January 2014
    Of course the simple fix for this would be adding a Confirmation window when spending Farm Cash.
  • kittenflowersmomladykittenflowersmomlady Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 180
    edited January 2014
    Same way it happens to me and I am at 3x, too, for the dairy barn. Wouldn't confirmation be just wonderful in light of the fact there are so many things that impact the screen stability? I like to buy things for the game, but not so much anymore, because of the slow siphoning of my fv cash stash.
  • Karen 2Karen 2 Grand Poohbah Facebook Connect User Posts: 749
    edited January 2014
    The jerky screen cost me eight bucks in the craft shop... I was trying to claim items I'd made and suddenly I was 'completing' one of the tasks with farmcash. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr... (especially annoying since there are basically no 'watch to earn' opportunities any more).
  • Westfield LadyWestfield Lady Mazter Guardian Facebook Connect User Posts: 524
    edited January 2014
    cynically speaking isn't it just a ploy to make us spend fc??? I don't leave fc unspent any more cos if there are a few they disappear without reason....interestingly I don't seem to make the wrong clicks when there aren't any fc in my box...certainly i don't get told that I don't have enough fc for that action....hummmmm
    edited February 2014
    I always have that sneaking suspicion - like the recent 'enhancement' of how easy it is to lose fv cash after you clear an obstacle and try to share the part with neighbors and the pop up to spend fv cash to buy a 2nd one of what was just uncovered is soooo easy to click on...

and, the dairy barn/yarn barn that are so easy to make 'accidental' purchases in? followed up with the animal crafting stuff you have to finish to beat a farm being even more likely to nab fv cash? yeah, make that more than suspicion
  • aovermanaoverman Muffin Registered User Posts: 11 Muffin
    edited February 2014
    I just lost 5 FV cash in the sweetshop for an item I don't need at all. To add insult to injury, it didn't even give me credit toward my stars for mastering it either. A few days ago it was 1 FV cash for a bushel of sugar ... as if the 36 I had were not enough. These are not "accidental" purchases, even though FV uses that as their excuse to not address the problem. These are precise, careful clicks that are deliberately moved by Zynga when their ads drop the entire screen down. (And, yes. Like the others, I have noticed this only seems to become a problem once I have accumulated 20 FV cash. Until then, the screen never seems to jump around. Hmmmmmm.)

Just like the other cynics on this thread, I never seem to have a problem with misplaced clicks until I accumulate 20 FV cash. Then, suddenly, the ads start rolling in non-stop to make the screen jump around. Yes, I am highly suspicious.

To Zynga: I used to spend real money to buy FV cash a few years ago. I stopped because the game wouldn't load for well over a year. Customer support stopped answering because I wasn't spending cash on a game that wouldn't even open. When I was finally able to return to the game last year, I purchased a small cash package. It has disappeared many times over because of the jumping screen, including 2 unwanted purchases of 15 FV and 17 FV that never gave a confirmation pop-up. So, if Zynga is wondering why people are spending less and less on the game, maybe they should ask themselves if they would continue spending money to buy ice cream if they kept opening the carton to find broccoli.
  • williegirlwilliegirl Investigator Registered User Posts: 143
    edited February 2014
    Of course the simple fix for this would be adding a Confirmation window when spending Farm Cash.

Oh, yeah... Very simple.
  • Rebecca2Rebecca2 Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 193 Fisher
    edited May 2014
    I just lost 4 fc when the screen suddenly jumped up i was in the emporium making the Spanish Dream Deer i had it open and was lokin to see what was needed to m,ake next for it i was about to click on the item required to make when the screen suddenly jumped up as i click on the iitem to make but instead it landed on the buy and suddenly 4fc was deducted from my account not happy :( I want it back and in turn can remove the large sprot thing i was about to make
    edited May 2014
    By the way i can't report it by sending an email as it not their any more and i feel that decrimanated
    edited May 2014
    So, as careful as I am, once again, with those suspiciously placed pop ups in normal game play, that jerking screen has stolen fv cash. For something that was already ready to harvest in the darn dairy barn. Since support (when I had it a month ago or maybe a bit more from having bought fv cash) just nicely told me that yes, I had clicked to spend cash to get something that was ready to get without fv cash, therefore it was my issue, not theirs, it doesn't matter, I guess. Just wanted to rant. It was the darn dairy barn last time, as I recall. I thought, 'hmmm, should I buy more fv cash to replace this?...should I go ahead and maybe buy a package again?' then, I thought, 'nah, they don't care, so why should I spend my money here? It is always my issue when it gets taken, never theirs, according to them'. Funny, that. If they actually listened to customers, they might get more sales. But they don't so much these days. So, I don't buy. That would be their problem, not mine. Hah. Mods? Any comments? Just curious. Tsk, though. Tsk. :mad:
    I absolutely agree I stopped buying fc if every body stopped buying fc until they put a confirm spend fc in all facilities and others too they soon get to it if they know they going to lose all customers.
  • elaine jebsonelaine jebson Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 946 On Fire
    edited May 2014
    yes there should be a confirmation box when buying things we get asked 'are you sure' when we come to selling things
  • GrampaDGrampaD Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 20
    edited May 2014
    All...I feel your pain. As I read the latest, the new VIP program, and being a paid subscriber through the cash-for-coins program, I reiterate my suggestion I made a few days ago:

I affectionately call those annoying and dangerous popups, "pimping".

$ynga: *STOP DA PIMPING* for paying users. Stop it like this:

If a player is a member of the new VIP/coins-for-cash subscription programs, or if a user has spent $20 to $50 on the game this month, cut advertising popups by %20.

If a player has spent $50 to $100 on the game this month, cut advertising popups by %35.

If a player has spent $100 to $300 on the game this month, cut advertising popups by %50 and disable half of a users' farms' in-plot treasure popups (like those treasure objects in Hawaii for example).

If a player has spend $300 or more on the game this month, remove ALL advertising popups and disable ALL in-plot treasure popups.

Also, if a player has already harvested crops or objects in the new Mediterranean farm, or has placed buildings there, remove the beginning pimp to go to that farm when a player first enters the game. They know what the Med is and don't need to be continually reminded to go there. Especially for paying customers; for them it's annoying and angers them.

Of course, it's $$$ynga's game and they can and will do whatever they want anyway, as long as Farmville remains insanely popular...but I hope that this post will at least be read by them...

GrampaD