Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I finally finished!!!

Comments

• Luci1Luci1 Fisherman Registered User Posts: 137
    edited April 2014
    JellyZ wrote: »
    Luci, I think you may have to be in the Holiday Lights farm and harvest the last animal for it to count. Perhaps you can try making it again to see if that will 'trigger' ...

I don't know if you actually need the icon in order to beat the farm. You can try working on all the requirements (remember to harvest the last animal on EV, not when you are on the other farms) while waiting for support (via this forum's bug reporting section or social support).

I was on Holiday Lights when I harvested the last animal as they took hollybright park out of the menu and that was the only option I had to harvest the last animal as I only have the one pen and it is located on Holiday Lights. It just that right from the time Holiday Lights Beat the Farm came out, it has never registered that I was making progress with making the animals like it does on the other farms.
  • FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited April 2014
    Luci1 wrote: »
    I was on Holiday Lights when I harvested the last animal as they took hollybright park out of the menu and that was the only option I had to harvest the last animal as I only have the one pen and it is located on Holiday Lights. It just that right from the time Holiday Lights Beat the Farm came out, it has never registered that I was making progress with making the animals like it does on the other farms.

Did the icon for Beat HL disappear before you finished? I have heard there is an issue with disappearing icons. (People finish the tasks but don't get the license because the icon disappeared)
  • Luci1Luci1 Fisherman Registered User Posts: 137
    edited April 2014
    Did the icon for Beat HL disappear before you finished? I have heard there is an issue with disappearing icons. (People finish the tasks but don't get the license because the icon disappeared)

Yes the icon had disappeared but I was not too concerned about that as on all the farms that I have not beaten yet, in order to get the icon to appear I had to travel to a farm that either came before or after the particular farm that I was trying to get the icon to show up on. But the last few days that was not working. Now if only Emerald Valley's icon would show up as until I have access to new farm I can only go in one direction to see if the icon would show up and it is not working lol.

I went to player support and discovered that I had email support(which totally floored me) so fired off an email to them. An hour and half later I logged back into Farmville and as soon as I hit HL farm I got all the pop ups indicating that I beat the farm and got the trophy and license. Not sure if it was CS that was able to help or a very late time delay from the servers at Zygna due to the fact that there was no progress showing that I was even completing any of the animals when you opened the icon to see how far you had gotten. Either way I now have it finished and can move on to one of the other farms I still have to beat like Atlantis, Austrailia, El Dorado, Emerald Valley and the very slow going Mystical. That one I fear is going to take me six months or more to complete due to the Aprocrapthy(spelling). Not on a high level in that building lol.
  • Richard ReidRichard Reid Assassin Registered User Posts: 921
    edited April 2014
    Yesterday I finally finished the last animal for the Jungle Hideaway and my second dash of fortune in the Apothecary; thus completing beat Mystical Groves and beat El Dorado - 30 seconds apart. (Just long enough to clear the pop-ups for one and open the second.)
  • JellyZJellyZ Cream Corn Champion Registered User Posts: 1,043
    edited April 2014
    Great job, Richard! :)

I finally beat El Dorado and finished the Munchkin Country.
  • Cochise1520Cochise1520 Assassin Registered User Posts: 946 On Fire
    edited April 2014
  • Smokey265Smokey265 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,849
    edited April 2014
    I finally mastered the Orange Keyboard Cat. Moving on to the Drumming Bear. :)
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited April 2014
    I finally finished all the Pizza Shop recipes! I think I might be the only farmer in the entire FV world that bothered with those recipes. LOL
    edited April 2014
    Sandy7226 wrote: »
    I finally finished all the Pizza Shop recipes! I think I might be the only farmer in the entire FV world that bothered with those recipes. LOL

That's a big wow! I agree, I think you are the only farmer who worked on this. Although we know another forum member who would have been right there with you, had they ever received the Pizza Shop. I gave up early on and never went back to it. Great effort! :)
  • gailatfvgailatfv Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,852 The Chosen One
    edited April 2014
    Wow, Sandy! That is quite the accomplishment. I can't even bring myself to work seriously on the ED super crops. I never received the pizza shop and I sincerely hope that I never do as I am pretty sure that would drive me right over the edge. Good job!
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited April 2014
    Thank you both - it is hugely unfair that many never received the Pizza Shop, it works fine despite what CS has said. It was just hard to figure out the rules and it would have been nice to be able to trade the finished goods for fuel (maybe that was the part that didn't work?).
  • FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited April 2014
    Sandy
    I'm still trying to get motivated to work on the pizza crops. I'm thinking about using super-fertilizer, then an instant grow so I don't have to watch the clock. If I don't use the instant grow, I may have to forgo the super-fertilizer. (I have tons of instant grows, super-fertilizers not so much). I did find 4 pizza shops spread out across my farms. I thought when you sold the goods in the end, you were supposed to get fuel and coins? (at least that's what I remember reading on dirt farmer)

Gailatfv
    I've been taking a slow approach to the ED supercrops. What I'm doing is working my way down the recipes and growing the supercrops to make them (gaining mastery in the process). I'm also trading for the super bushels so they master faster. So far it's working fairly well.
    edited April 2014
    Sandy
    I'm still trying to get motivated to work on the pizza crops. I'm thinking about using super-fertilizer, then an instant grow so I don't have to watch the clock. If I don't use the instant grow, I may have to forgo the super-fertilizer. (I have tons of instant grows, super-fertilizers not so much). I did find 4 pizza shops spread out across my farms. I thought when you sold the goods in the end, you were supposed to get fuel and coins? (at least that's what I remember reading on dirt farmer)

No, the Pizza Shop was not designed to give fuel as a reward. It was designed to give a bunch of coins and XP. And that was part of the problem. It was costing so much fuel to plant/seed/harvest those short-term chops. People were finding that their fuel supply was dwindling and didn't feel that the coins/xp were worth it. And, unless you had an unwither ring, the crops could easily wither before you could get back to harvest. Of course, they have changed the harvest times now so there's more time before the crop withers. Here's a link to the official guide for more information if you decide to approach the Pizza Shop: http://www.zyngaplayerforums.com/showthread.php?1716481-Pizza-Shop-Discussion-amp-Guide-SLOW-ROLLOUT
    edited April 2014
    Smokey - how far did you get with the shop? Reading that link I figured out it took me 14 months to finish. However I didn't really start work on it until Organic/Super Fertilizer was introduced because bushel output was so poor.
    edited April 2014
    Smokey - how far did you get with the shop? Reading that link I figured out it took me 14 months to finish. However I didn't really start work on it until Organic/Super Fertilizer was introduced because bushel output was so poor.

I only made about 10 recipes and got bored. The crop mastery numbers were high, bushel output low, and it consumed too much fuel.

But that was 14 months ago (LOL) and I might feel differently now since they changed the harvest times and we have Super Fertilizer.
    edited April 2014
    A Double Bushel Statue helps a lot too. The worst recipes are the Pasta and the Flat Crust because the number don't match the other ingredients.
  • gailatfvgailatfv Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,852 The Chosen One
    edited April 2014
    Gailatfv
    I've been taking a slow approach to the ED supercrops. What I'm doing is working my way down the recipes and growing the supercrops to make them (gaining mastery in the process). I'm also trading for the super bushels so they master faster. So far it's working fairly well.

Slow is definitely the approach I am taking....almost slowed to a stop actually. :rolleyes: I think my main issue is having to swap for a bushel for double mastery all the time. I have so many other things to use the swap on and I hate to waste it on those. I haven't really been making any recipes from all the bushels as I tend to ignore them once I have the shop to a level 5. I have a really hard time keeping my bushels within the market stall limit anyway so juggling crops for ED recipes just seems like a hassle since I don't need the fuel. I've been plugging away on one crop for what seems forever and I am only about half way done with it as I refuse to waste my precious super fertilizers on something that irritates the daylights out of me. I'm thinking very strongly about closing the door on ED permanently and just forgetting it. As long as those crops don't appear in my market on other farms, hopefully I will manage to forget I never mastered them.
    edited April 2014
    I finally captured 160 birds and unlocked Level 5 in the Bird Migration Pond! I'm so glad to be done with this stage. :)

Note: Lately I've only been finding birds when I'm working on Farmer's Square. Harvesting the workshops gets me a bird.

Granted, I've been spending a lot of time on this farm but still it's strange that I'm not getting birds on any other farms.
    edited April 2014
    I haven't see a bird in months. I harvest regularly on FS but nothing shows up. My gophers are back with a vengeance though, even old Moneybags turned up, so at least I can get some goodies that way. I think I am still on level 4 of the birds and apparently am doomed not to progress any further.
    edited April 2014

That is a monumental task! Congrats, Sandy! What are you doing to do next? Move mountains?? LOL! No seriously, you deserve a special prize, like lifetime free fuel.... BTW, did the appearance of the Pizza shop change when you were done?

I'm trying to master the crops little by little... I don't think I would ever attempt to finish the Pizza Shop recipes.. but I may do a few if I happen to have those bushels. Going to plant them where I have an unwither ring.

I hope everyone got the crops now. It was weird that it wasn't released to everyone.
    edited April 2014
    Thank you JellyZ, no the appearance did not change. I've often wondered why the shop was not released to everyone, it worked fine, just not very well thought out (big surprise lol) perhaps Zynga realized there would be a lot of complaints.
    edited April 2014
    gailatfv wrote: »
    I haven't see a bird in months. I harvest regularly on FS but nothing shows up. My gophers are back with a vengeance though, even old Moneybags turned up, so at least I can get some goodies that way. I think I am still on level 4 of the birds and apparently am doomed not to progress any further.

LOL! That's good they are back! I have always gotten gophers.. because I click mindlessly. I got many birds in FS also.. very strange!
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited April 2014
    LOL. I am one of those that never got the pizza shop. I think I am grateful if it was that big of an effort to finish it. I hate crafting more than anyone I know. It is driving me away from FarmVille.

I finished the Emporium on Sunday. Is that a big accomplishment? It is probably the last time I will suffer through self contained crafting.

And on Monday I "beat" the Riviera farm based on the beat requirements DF posted on their site. I was afraid to tell you all this thinking you would hate me for it.

I have burned myself out on this game.
    edited April 2014
    LOL. I am one of those that never got the pizza shop. I think I am grateful if it was that big of an effort to finish it. I hate crafting more than anyone I know. It is driving me away from FarmVille.

I finished the Emporium on Sunday. Is that a big accomplishment? It is probably the last time I will suffer through self contained crafting.

And on Monday I "beat" the Riviera farm based on the beat requirements DF posted on their site. I was afraid to tell you all this thinking you would hate me for it.

I have burned myself out on this game.

LOL we won't hate you. I think I will beat it on Friday? Saturday? Depends on how much effort I want to put in to it. I am really pretty burned out on it too and yet I still play LOL However end of June I become a grandmother and that may change a lot of things.
    edited April 2014
    I actually never saw a bird til FS was released. I usually do find them there. Also placed the bird pond there (to help me remember to ask for bird seed). If I find a bird on one of the farms that doesn't have a pond, I try to remember to go to FS to ask for bird seed.

Farmerdoofus - Way to go on the emporium! I've almost got enough parts for the first expansion (it normally takes me a couple weeks to get back into it)
    edited April 2014

Yes, that's a big accomplishment! Yay! I haven't even looked inside the Emporium yet. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow...or maybe not. :)
  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 765 Aged to Perfection
    edited April 2014
    I just finished the county fair and am about to finish my much hated Mistletoe Lane. Sad that it took so long? Perhaps. :cool:
    edited April 2014
    Finally got the last obstruction off EV AND Riviera this morning so every one of my farms are obstruction free.......for the moment anyway! I imagine, or at least hope, that there will be a coin expansion for the Riviera so I will get a new supply of them but I won't be expanding any of the other smaller farms, so those farms are done once and for all!
    edited April 2014
    I just wanted to thank Cochise1520 for starting this conversation. It's the most interesting thread we've had in a long time.

I keep trying to finish projects just so I can come back here and post my accomplishment. Not that I'm bragging or anything. LOL
    edited April 2014
    Good thought, Smokey. Add my thanks to Cochise also as this has been a fun thread. I am almost embarrassed to report my latest accomplishment when we have so many super farmers on this forum, but.......... I finally made level 250. :D I know, how sad is that? Now I can stop chasing the books of XP in the leaderboard and just be content with tracking down the instant grows. Whew!