Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Impossible Crafting Quests a Fix

barjeebarjee DramachineRegistered User Posts: 38
edited April 2014 in FarmVille Discussion

Comments

• nichocbnichocb Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 475 Colossal Titan Slayer
    edited March 2014
    Totally agree with this. Have quit some quests due to not having the right level of the dairy, yarn barn, apothecary etc. It drives me totally mad and its not a fun/social game anymore when this happens!!
  • Chocolate HeartChocolate Heart Super Moderator Super Moderator Posts: 2,206 Lord of the Forums
    edited March 2014
    Howdy Farmers,

I sincerely understand your sentiments regarding difficult crafting quests in the game. Rest assured that I will relay your feedback to our Studio so they can hear your thoughts about this feature. Thank you for your patience. :)
  • mistystarzmistystarz Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 171
    edited March 2014
    I agree :) Great idea barjee !! I haven't done a few quests lately & wont be doing the latest "lemon" one either ,due to crafting in the dairy .I never got far in the yarn barn or the dairy as crafting just to craft just doesn't appeal to me . I have tinkered with them but no great accomplishments :(
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited March 2014
    I am so glad I quit quests. They truly get worse all the time.
  • Winthrop44Winthrop44 On Fire Registered User Posts: 754
    edited March 2014
    They really do. It's like they're designed for torture instead of fun. In the upcoming Emerald Valley quest we are asked to craft 4 Munchkin treats. So we need to make 4 winkie grains to make 4 lollipops, then 4 munchkin candies to finally be able to make 4 munchkin treats. Seriously???

If someone wants to do those sorts of things there are plenty of animals to make in the Tin Man thing. If someone wants to do the quests they should not have to jump through hoops in there!
  • susieq0729susieq0729 Black Sheep of ze Internet User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 62
    edited March 2014
    I definitely have to agree on this one; I currently have 2 quests that require crafting in the dairy but I will need to level it up at least 2 or 3 times, which due to the time it takes excludes me from participating. I really don't mind so much for myself but I don't think that it's fair to others who enjoy the quests.
  • illdocilldoc The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,152 Assassin
    edited March 2014
    I know that I can't complete the upcoming Thursday quest because I don't have the 5-star winery necessary to make the Cucumber wine.
  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 766 Aged to Perfection
    edited March 2014
    They don't seem to understand human nature at all. What's likely to happen, people will pay FC or people will stop doing quests? Zynga thinks that it's the former.
  • dixieaingealdixieaingeal Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 423
    edited March 2014
    I quit doing quests all together since crafting animals or whatever else they think of to beat farms is annoying enough, I am not going to craft something (other than a recipe which can be used for fuel) for a quest.
  • Winthrop44Winthrop44 On Fire Registered User Posts: 754
    edited March 2014
    I see how they listened to us in this thread judging by Emerald Valley Chapter 6 - NOT!
  • Rebecca2Rebecca2 Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 193 Fisher
    edited March 2014
    I AGREE it is impossible to be waiting for certain items. take nails for example got to wait around 10 minutes for e3ach nail to harvest and when a recipe requires 5 of them that is about 50 minutes of out time to hang around i had to have at least 5 hours to spare to wait for nails as the recipes needed loads and lado of nails as well as other stuff. ITS A NO BRAINER
  • JellyZJellyZ Cream Corn Champion Registered User Posts: 1,043
    edited March 2014
    The new quests are definitely getting harder. They now require most of our craft buildings to be 5 star and a lot of pre-planning is needed to make those advance items that require a lot of harvesting and a lot of pre-crafting since the finished item needs a few crafted items that take a long tjme to make.

I rely heavily on info from DF to do the quests now. I can't imagine any new players knowing about that or being able to do the quest all the way
  • darqladydarqlady The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,321 Cream Corn Champion
    edited April 2014
    I have never paid for finishing a quest step and never will. But I LIKE the quests involving complex crafting. I am having a blast planning for the making of 3 fireballs. I worked on getting my latest animal done so I would have 15 spots free and I am working on getting all the parts. I love trying to use the things we have to make in another animal- how to not waste a made product! I am still hanging onto one dash of fortune that I made for the beat mystic challenge.

So for all of you who absolutely hate the crafting quests- I love them. I am sure there are others who love the challenge of thinking logically through how to work with an absolutely annoying at times inventory space of 10 in the apothecary- what to make first in what order so you have enough space for that to make that other thing so you can fulfill an order without running out of room or throwing anything out... I am one of those people who loved to play those 5x5 puzzles and get the numbers in order from 1-24.....

So there are those of us out there who do like this. I find it incredibly boring to keep making hoof picks and whatever the other things is in the elite horses...
  • JellyZJellyZ Cream Corn Champion Registered User Posts: 1,043
    edited April 2014
    The yet-to-be-released spring saunter quest requires the purchasing of a FC only crop named yellow trillium. The price is 5FC.

Not sure what to do yet because I have decided not to buy FC only crops though I'm a crop masterer. I felt that farm expansions and crops should be for coins only because that's the basics of this game. I don't mind spending FC on decorative items or trees. Lost the battle on coin expansions so now this quest is the second blow.

Perhaps it is really time for me to consider dropping these quests
    edited April 2014
    JellyZ wrote: »
    The yet-to-be-released spring saunter quest requires the purchasing of a FC only crop named yellow trillium. The price is 5FC.

Not sure what to do yet because I have decided not to buy FC only crops though I'm a crop masterer. I felt that farm expansions and crops should be for coins only because that's the basics of this game. I don't mind spending FC on decorative items or trees. Lost the battle on coin expansions so now this quest is the second blow

Perhaps it is really time for me to consider dropping these quests

I noticed this also :( I think that crops for quests should be coin crops ! I have also noticed that since we have asked for the crafting in quests to be scaled back ,they have instead cranked it up :( I usually enjoy doing the quests , have missed out on quite a few as of late due to the CRAZY crafting involved :(
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited April 2014
    JellyZ wrote: »

Dirt Farmer is reporting the FC crop was a mistake and has been corrected by Zynga
  • FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited April 2014
    I quit doing the all farm quests in October. I quit the farm specific quests with the release of Emerald Valley. The only ones I still do is the 30 day quest (I may not do the next one though) and beat the farm. I will say it has reduced stress and having to plan ahead as much.

I can't imagine even attempting to do the quests without the guides DF provides.

I figured the yellow trillium would get corrected.
    edited April 2014
    Winthrop44 wrote: »
    I see how they listened to us in this thread judging by Emerald Valley Chapter 6 - NOT!

NOT is right :( The crafting just keeps getting worse & worse :( I have been unable to complete the last 2 Emerald Valley quests due to the crafting & time constraints . I am also in serious doubt about completing the "pranks for nothing " quest due to the CRAZY crafting . I don't mind a challenge ,but these very involved recipes are making it almost impossible !!
    edited April 2014
    Every part of the upcoming month long Holiday Lights quest requires crafting in the Hollybright park (no longer on the quick access menu, so you must go to the farm). Prepare now---part 11 requires 5 harnesses which take 10 hours each (each of which takes 1 filiment and 1 strap, also 10 hours each, so make the filiments and straps now, while you have the time).
  • FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited April 2014
    Actually, once we get the quest, we will probably be able to pull up the park from the quest (as long as we haven't completed that part). Except for part 11, most of it seems pretty easy to complete. And yes, I'm working on the straps and filaments.
    edited April 2014
    Um, when we did the Sweet Acres quest, we couldn't access the sweet shop from the menu, so I'm not expecting the park to be accessible from anywhere but the farm.
    edited April 2014
    If a task in the quest uses a shop, usually it will let you open the shop from the quest (as long as you haven't completed that task). Worked that with the apothecary in the MG quest. Also with the sweet shop in the Sweet Acres quest.
  • AristillusAristillus Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 250
    edited April 2014
    Crafting has gotten WAY out of control!!! The "Marco's Bright Idea" quest coming up has a step with crafting that will take ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY HOURS! Seriously? Whose bright idea was THAT???? OK, sure...it's a 30 day quest but come ON!!! If the goal of the fine folks at Zynga is to discourage players to the point of quitting then I'd say they are very successful.