Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone Else Drowning In Fuel???

Comments

• cathyrackcathyrack Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 4,311
    edited October 2010
    Yes, I have 1,248 right now. I thought everyone was like that at this point. I am ready to start selling it on the side, maybe Shell Oil would like to Promo a gas station for the farm then when farmers come to do their daily 5 one can be to get some fuel...:D
  • statman20578statman20578 Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 43
    edited October 2010
    You my friend are nuts. I can not get enough fuel, i have never been over 113 gallons of fuel, I know a couple of people thats been over 500, but when you do a short crop, you burn at least 30 gallons a day, you mite not of been here when you had to harvest 15,000 strawberrys or 22,000 rasberrys, or when wheat was a 3 day crop, blackberrys, was another large crop, we did all these high numbered crops, and then 2 weeks later they lowered the numbers, what i produce in my winery i use up in the same day, I CANT KEEP UP WITH FUEL.
  • AksannyiAksannyi Social Snowflake Registered User Posts: 342
    edited October 2010
    Sure it is easy to get fuel from the crafting cottages but some people don't have a lot of neighbors, some people don't have a lot of neighbors with higher level goods (level 5 stuff doesn't give out a whole lot of fuel), some people don't have the money to spend on goods because they are trying to save up for something big. Sure, you can stalk the feed for goods/shared fuel, but it's not abundant for everyone.

I do agree that it's easier to get now than it was before, but that doesn't mean it's always plentiful.

I would be in favor of having different choices - the way you do when your friends have picked up your bushels - but I think I would cry if I could no longer trade in goods for fuel.
  • gundorgundor Enthusiastic Expert Registered User Posts: 246
    edited October 2010
    i want to trade my 2200+ tanks of fuel for racing camels !!
    please zynga, that's a great idea to keep the rich fuel-multis in game :)
  • Jackie ReedJackie Reed Genius Genie Registered User Posts: 1,060
    edited October 2010
    definitely drowning in fuel. I currently have 2327 gallons...sheesh...
  • PamBreezePamBreeze The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 267
    edited October 2010
  • KerenLindaKerenLinda Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 95
    edited October 2010
    I am trying to save for a combine, so I am not drowning in fuel as I haven't bought any for a while. I'm about to run out.

It used to be a lot harder to get, I like I can get it easier now, and for coins. My neighbours always have something to sell that I can use.
  • Miggety1Miggety1 Muffin Registered User Posts: 1 Muffin
    edited October 2010
    Oh PLEASE teach me how to be drowning in fuel.. :D

My issue is, like right now.. I have TWELVE fuel - and I'm trying to collect them from my feed and I get:

"Howdy Farmer! You need to use some of your fuel to be eligible to find more. So get busy farming and come back later!" :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

TWELVE FUEL and I get blocked from getting more?!?! :confused:

PLEASE oh please help me to see what I'm doing wrong, my big, crop dense farm requires a LOT of fuel to use the combine and I'd love to be able to have more than a puny 12 units.

Thank you
  • suniel the noob farmersuniel the noob farmer Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,329
    edited October 2010
    PamBreeze wrote: »
    fuel01.png

hot ****!!!! 8k WOW i have about 860!!!
  • marcusvoonmarcusvoon Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 54
    edited October 2010
    Yes.. Have 1205 now.. But I don't mind.. Rather have more than less..
  • ripley228ripley228 Social Snowflake Registered User Posts: 355
    edited October 2010
    Miggety1 wrote: »
    Oh PLEASE teach me how to be drowning in fuel.. :D

My issue is, like right now.. I have TWELVE fuel - and I'm trying to collect them from my feed and I get:

"Howdy Farmer! You need to use some of your fuel to be eligible to find more. So get busy farming and come back later!" :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

TWELVE FUEL and I get blocked from getting more?!?! :confused:

PLEASE oh please help me to see what I'm doing wrong, my big, crop dense farm requires a LOT of fuel to use the combine and I'd love to be able to have more than a puny 12 units.

Thank you

Like I said earlier. Buy stuff from your neighbours' crafting cottages and then swap for fuel. You will get your fuel and your neighbours will get a little bit closer to next mastery star on that item. Good for all.

I have friends that only could sow one crop in 24 hours due to lack of fuel (and laziness, of cause lol). Today they have 500+ units with 2-3 4 hour crops and a 12 hour crop. This new system is obviously great - but even they have more fuel than they can use now.

I really like the idea that we could swap something like 1000 units for some animal that we can only get this way!! :D
  • luvgopluvgop Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,742
    edited October 2010
    PamBreeze wrote: »
    Really Wish They Would Offer More Then Just Fuel & Coins Have More Then Enough Of Both Thank You...LOL

LOL, I actually stopped playing several months ago because I was spending more on FV fuel than I do fuel for my car . . .but was lured back . . .and since I've been back (about a week now), I've completed a job and mastered a crop . . . .and have 100 more fuels now than when I started last week :D I think I'd prefer to choose between coins, fuel or XP . . .rather than just fuel . . .'cause yeah, right now, I'm drowning in the stuff :D
  • luvgopluvgop Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,742
    edited October 2010
    Miggety1 wrote: »

Thank you

For the longest time, people have been wanting to buy fuel with coins. Now you can :) Go shopping in your neighbor's crafting shed . . .redeem those items for tons of fuel. When you hover over an item, it will reveal how many plots of ground it will cover. It's a great deal. I've been a farming fool this past week and have 100 more fuels than when I started :) Don't forget to collect those craft goods in your feed to redeem for fuel as well :)
  • HuncaHunca The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,359
    edited October 2010
    I sure wouldn't want to complain about there being too much fuel. I think it's pretty great that they've worked out so many different ways to add to our fuel tanks without forcing us to pay cash, so I can only say, I'm grateful for that. It sure helps with the carpal tunnel, to have plenty of fuel and that fantastic combine. :)
  • purpleglitterpurpleglitter Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 11 Loose Cannon
    edited October 2010
    Why would you complain about having to much fuel and mess it up for other farmers???

I can never have enough!!!

exactly!Some people are never satisfied I love that I have a lot...I had up to two hundred in something but ....now Im goin down to one hundred something you can never have to much like you said! I totally agree with you .
  • lifesaver54lifesaver54 Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 386
    edited October 2010
    I have plenty--will not tell how much, don't want zynga changing it. Guess how I got that much without picking from the feeds?
  • lincoln84lincoln84 Clueless Cookie Facebook Connect User Posts: 14
    edited March 2014
    Yess Pam Breeze: I was going to list the fact that i could open up a refinery and probably have more than Exxon! Just kidding of course! I had over 80 gallons in a my gift box area way back in December and have received even more because i don't use that much. The Farmhands, and other item is fine but no more fuel for awhile! I'm just starting to open up more land but more fuel is also adding up!
  • MouseWranglerMouseWrangler Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,936 Lord of the Forums
    edited March 2014
    lincoln84 wrote: »
    Yess Pam Breeze: I was going to list the fact that i could open up a refinery and probably have more than Exxon! Just kidding of course! I had over 80 gallons in a my gift box area way back in December and have received even more because i don't use that much. The Farmhands, and other item is fine but no more fuel for awhile! I'm just starting to open up more land but more fuel is also adding up!

You do realize this thread is almost 4 years old?
  • darqladydarqlady The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,321 Cream Corn Champion
    edited March 2014
    LOL. I noticed this as well ( the age of the thread....). But it bears reminding people of the problems we had back when ! I of course increase fuel weekly vs use it...very steadily. And I buy to help someone level up their new crafting goods (two folks) plus one high good ( since she only has a few for sale) in each farm.... so I don't buy much anymore. I get enough from regular crafting of my own stuff.
  • MouseWranglerMouseWrangler Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,936 Lord of the Forums
    edited March 2014
    Fuel, or the lack thereof, is a timeless subject to be sure! It just boggles my mind that anyone (and it's usually a newbie) would search back that much instead of just starting a new topic, or, using a more recent thread.

That being said, I have been feverishly collecting fuel since I started playing and I have now amassed enough to cover 5.25 million plots. I too collect more than I use now so I can't imagine ever running out.
  • 1n0nlyFairyNuff1n0nlyFairyNuff Party Starter Registered User Posts: 550
    edited March 2014
    In a word, no. I'm not drowning in fuel. The only things I've more than I need are water and coin.
  • marlene5889marlene5889 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 844 Forum Meister
    edited March 2014
    Thank you MW - because someone posted today it was on the 1st page and I hadn't even realised the year.

I think I'm greedy as I have just over 9,000 tanks of fuel and I still plant my super seeds daily to amass more fuel. At times I have gone way beyond my 200 goods crafting limit - at one stage I had over 700 goods - you can't buy over 200 but you can still continue to make goods and these continue to add. Don't know at what point you will get a whoa farmer but I realise that now that I mention it here Zynga will do something about it so perhaps I'm shooting myself, and others, in the foot.
  • AngeldumplinAngeldumplin Social Snowflake Registered User Posts: 314 Unstained Chieftain
    edited March 2014
    I'm way beyond my crafting goods. On the used goods it's up to 2500 but I have had it higher but for some reason it stop adding to the use goods.
  • Nova2012Nova2012 Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 104
    edited March 2014
    For some reason, I am not able to harvest 100% of my crafting goods for fuel because the counter would stop counting after 3 or 4 harvests. To re-activate the counter again, I have to use some goods.
  • AngeldumplinAngeldumplin Social Snowflake Registered User Posts: 314 Unstained Chieftain
    edited March 2014
    Nova that's my problem too.
  • elaine jebsonelaine jebson Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 946 On Fire
    edited March 2014
    i can never have enough fuel do not take it away if you grow a lot of short time crops you need loads of the stuff
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited March 2014
    My fuel counter is at 9886 and I rarely plant anymore unless necessary. I do not plant crops for the sake of planting and I avoid quests like the plague.

I seem more determined to keep raising my fuel counter and conserving it.
  • benniganbennigan Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 587 Goldsmith
    edited March 2014
    I'm somewhere between 42,000 and 43,000 tanks.
  • Richard ReidRichard Reid Assassin Registered User Posts: 921
    edited March 2014
    I'm up to 66000 tanks of fuel. (Just short of 10 million plots.)
  • Nova2012Nova2012 Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 104
    edited March 2014
    Gosh... I am green with envy. All you oil riches, please donate some to the poor. ;)