Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

20 day crop

2»

Comments

• FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited February 2014
    I think when you do the leaderboard tasks, you get either 2 or 3 of them per task. 3 leaderboard challenges per week x 2 = 6 per week. So in a 3 month period (13 weeks), you get around 78 of them. Which means about 312 a year. Probably closer to 300 - there's some tasks that are not easy to complete.

Plus I think there's a building that harvests for unwithers/coins too. (There were 4 of them. Barn? Ferris wheel? some kind of race track? windmill? One gives turbos, one raffle tickets, one unwithers, one darts)
  • Richard ReidRichard Reid Assassin Registered User Posts: 921
    edited February 2014
    The Big Windmill gives unwithers.

Ferris wheel gives darts, the bumper cars gives turbos, and the Big Barnyard gives raffle tickets.
  • benniganbennigan Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 587 Goldsmith
    edited February 2014
    How long does it take before the bumper cars give turbos? I just started one of these a couple weeks and can't seem to get many parts to get it where it needs to be…whatever that is?
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited February 2014
    bennigan wrote: »
    How long does it take before the bumper cars give turbos? I just started one of these a couple weeks and can't seem to get many parts to get it where it needs to be…whatever that is?

I average about one a week - the Puppy Love quest step one is a much better deal. I can get 3 or 4 3 packs of turbos a day.
  • MouseWranglerMouseWrangler Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,936 Lord of the Forums
    edited February 2014
    MIB4 wrote: »
    MouseWrangler - my post had hours instead of days for about 30 seconds (well it did here anyway) and was corrected as soon as I had posted and the post re-appeared (ie went back to my OP once posted within my browser). For reasons unknown to me it would appear by follow up comments that this edit took some time to appear to others. No idea how that happened or indeed any way I could do anything about it other than what I did which was to instantly edit the post (which seemingly took the best part of a quarter of an hour to be seen by some/most/all).

I realize that now, dang Zynga! ;)
  • FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited February 2014
    Thanks Richard - I knew it was one of those buildings. (I built them, then forgot about the details - too many buildings to remember which one is which lol. Mine are sitting on LC with most of the seed buildings that I attempt to harvest once a day)

Bennigan - I think you have to finish the building before it gives you any turbos. At least that's what I'm vaguely remembering. I think it had 6 levels.
  • marlene5889marlene5889 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 844 Forum Meister
    edited February 2014
    I've been quiet as I've been quite busy, but I also wish that they would allow us to also re-gift farmhands and arborists. I've had to chuck over 1000 of these (in total) for 0 coins when I know that some would have been very grateful for them.
  • marlene5889marlene5889 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 844 Forum Meister
    edited February 2014
    MIB4 wrote: »
    That's ok, it is 3.41am here so no doubt it is my interpretation that is to blame here. Woke up and couldn't get back to sleep and clearly I should have done, sorry.

Rich aren't you glad that you're not married to me. You would certainly get an earbashing for being up at 3.41 on your computer on your farm, ok forum. Ah but you're newly wed so I might have thought you very considerate as if you couldn't sleep rather than toss and turn and disturb me you are allowing me to sleep.

Ok here goes - let myself in and I can say this - whatever you do is never right for her indoors LoL!!!
  • MIB4MIB4 Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 959
    edited February 2014
    lol Sadly I am a insomniac at the best of times and survive most days on at best 4 hours sleep. The wife was used to this long before we got married so I think I will be ok ;-)
  • SueBrenSueBren Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 137
    edited February 2014
    The quest doesnt even go for 20 days so someone at zynga needs to stop taking whatever they are taking and get with it.
  • jetlordjetlord Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 339
    edited February 2014
    What's the problem. Make a bushel at the bushel swap, plant the biggest farm you're not using for anything else, use an insta-grow, double the mastery points with the swapped bushel, and harvest. Took me about three minutes (after the bushel swap matured) to get the three star mastery. Not trying to be a wise acre, but this isn't such a big deal if you have even one insta-grow.
    edited February 2014
    I think the problem is for people doing the quest. The crop is required for multiple steps.

I figure once the quest gets underway, they will realize the problem (because of a flood of people contacting customer service) and then they will fix it. That's what happened with the 8 day red pineapples - it was fixed shortly after the quest began. (Then the issue will be instant withering.)
  • Smokey265Smokey265 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,849
    edited February 2014
    The Dirt Farmer fan site is reporting that the crop time has been changed to 20 HOURS. Yay! :)
  • illdocilldoc The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,152 Assassin
    edited February 2014
    And, unlike the Red Pineapple fiasco, any crops planted several days ago did not wither (mine were planted 130 Sat and still good 130 Thur). The Red Pineapple fiasco, for those who are unaware, was that the crop time was changed from 8 days to 8 hours. Therefore, if you planted say Monday (with an 8 day time), when it was changed to 8 hours on Thursday, your crops automatically withered (being, of course, more than 16 hours from the time you planted them).
  • pianoplayer88keypianoplayer88key The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,403 The Boss
    edited February 2014
    So maybe they haven't withered within 16 hours of when they changed it.

BUT, I'm wondering ...

If someone planted them right before they were changed, then came back, say, 38 days 6 hours later (at 20 days, they should still be good to 38 days 8 hours later) ...

Of course they'd miss the quest, but would the brass bell flowers still be ok?
    edited February 2014
    I'm wondering if they turned off wither. I think that's how they fixed the red pineapple issue.

Pianoplayer - can you check to see if your melons are still withered on Australia? You're the only one I can think of with withered crops.
  • MIB4MIB4 Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 959
    edited February 2014
    When changing the crops harvest time they could just have made it into a crop that doesn't wither. There are a few of them about (and is what they did to the red pineapple crop, which never withers now).
  • pianoplayer88keypianoplayer88key The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,403 The Boss
    edited February 2014
    Yes, the melons are still withered. (I never had the brass bell flowers planted until today, and those are on my Sunflower farm.)