Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many golden trowels do you have?

benniganbennigan Mazter GuardianRegistered User Posts: 587 Goldsmith
edited January 2014 in FarmVille Discussion
Sir Bennigan:

I have 68,715. Just like we did for coins expansions on El Dorado, we need to start chain-posting about Trowels. Come on Zynga!!!!!!! Please implement the Trowel idea we gave you and the Mods passed on officially. Gosh, they don't even listen to their own employees!

Comments

• chittchitt Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 277
    edited January 2014
    not sure, where do I find that info?
  • PaganiZondaPaganiZonda The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,194 Assassin
    edited January 2014
    Just hop to "Hanging Gardens'. Upper left corner...
    edited January 2014
    Thanks... not as many as you guys... 58,226
    edited January 2014
    I only plant a little these days... I gave up most of the stuff like quests. I assume the trowels are from crafting for fuel
  • Richard ReidRichard Reid Assassin Registered User Posts: 921
    edited January 2014
    They're from harvesting crops.

I have 67,594.
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Forum Meister Suspended User Posts: 690 Dedicated Go Getter
    edited January 2014
  • MIB4MIB4 Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 959
    edited January 2014
    77,902 and would be delighted to be able to gift these to my neighbours.
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited January 2014
    92,718 that puts me in second place behind 19Lyds (of course LOL)
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited January 2014
    A mere 55,532. I am way behind the rest of you.
  • Smokey265Smokey265 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,849
    edited January 2014
    I have 2,098 Golden Trowels. I just finished Hanging Gardens the week before Christmas. I don't have big farms so I don't get a lot of trowels from harvesting. And I got bored with crafting the trowels. I have a really short attention span! So that's why it took me so long. Of course, now that it's finished, I forget travel there and harvest for instagrow potions because I rarely use them. LOL! :)
  • marlene5889marlene5889 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 844 Forum Meister
    edited January 2014
    Sandy7226 wrote: »
    92,718 that puts me in second place behind 19Lyds (of course LOL)

.... and me behind you too with 89,522 at the moment!
  • goblinfarmergoblinfarmer Chocolatier Registered User Posts: 45
    edited January 2014
    38,270 but I hardly ever plant things now a day. I even reduced my home farm plots down to about 400.
  • JellyZJellyZ Cream Corn Champion Registered User Posts: 1,043
    edited January 2014
    I'm at a measly 35,479. :p I only plant on a few farms ... but yeah, it would be great if you can turn those into something ...
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited January 2014
    OK, I am number 2, we need a leaderboard for this! LOL (how did I get to be number 2, was it harvesting all those pizza crops?)
  • MIB4MIB4 Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 959
    edited January 2014
    I only plant for mastery when a new crop comes out and for crafting SDB's the last few days so in my case I imagine I would have considerably more if I planted at the levels I was when the hanging gardens first came out...if we want to have a leaderboard for this maybe I need to get planting and crafting on a large scale again :-)

And goblinfarmer's home farm plot allocation is massive compared to my home farm that has zero plots on it ;-)
  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 765 Aged to Perfection
    edited January 2014
    I still haven't finished (sorry, I've mention that I'm a very casual player though) and right now I have -940. Someday...
    ;)
  • FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited January 2014
    Last I checked I had around 38,000. I quit crafting them when I realized if I just planted crops (that I was going to plant anyway) and waited, I'd eventually finish it. (Plus I heard the tales of the never ending trowels)

I never plant my home farm - I avoid loading it when possible.
  • gailatfvgailatfv Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,852 The Chosen One
    edited January 2014
    I think I have about 33,000. I've been planting some crops lately on a few farms trying to master that huge lot of crops that appeared a while back but once they are done, I will probably go back to my lazy ways and just plant for the Leaderboard when there are instant grows to tempt me. Thankfully, I am also coming down the home stretch on the Hollybright farm (I don't think that name is right but I can't ever seem to remember it) and will be so glad to shake the dust of that one off my feet and never see it again. The lag on it has been driving me nuttier than usual. I have the farm "beat" but just wanted to finish up the other crops and hopefully will do so before the glare from all the lights on the farm strikes me blind.
  • pianoplayer88keypianoplayer88key The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,403 The Boss
    edited January 2014
    I think I may be farthest behind of the contributors to this thread? :eek:

FV+2014-01-30+6%253B52a+HG+Trowels.jpg

And, this is AFTER harvesting 6,862 Chocolate Hearts (for the leaderboard) across most of my farms, except for a few.
    I had 1295 plots on England, 1294 on Home, and 1216 on Hollow, rounding out the 1,000+-plot farms. Winter had 700, Space and Candy had around 500-600 each, most of the rest I planted on had around 250-300 or so each, and Sunflower had 130.

I planted none on a few farms because ...

Lighthouse - am doing some reorganizing, and I needed space that the plots were occupying. (I did leave the "border" plots outlining where my field is, though, but I didn't plant anything.) LHC is where I have my newer-type animal buildings, and where I'm doing my stable stuffing now that I bought a stable while it was temporarily available. Also my other "event" buildables are supposed to be here, but some are not because I happened to be on the wrong farm when I got the popup upon loading to place it. I lost track of some of those, so some have been sitting unidentified in my gift box for a few years or so, or just vanished into thin air.

Hawaii - for some reason the combine refused to work when planting Chocolate Hearts, whether on fallow or pre-plowed plots. The seeder worked fine on plowed plots, though. I did not test using other crops, or on previously grown (and not withered) plots, but last time I did plant a different crop with the combine, it worked fine.

Jade - I was thinking that just 137 plots available wouldn't make much of a dent. Turns out I had fewer (130) on Sunflower.

Australia - I'm keeping a field of withered Super Yellow Melons here, for use when I want to photographically say that I'm burned out with the game, or taking a break, or whatever. ;) (I picked this farm for that due to the reputation for insanely low bushel yield.)

Gardens - I have a few plots, but was only using it for super crops for a few crafts before Bushel Report came out, and so far haven't actually gotten any bushels. I do have a market stall on there, even though it's not available in the market, but it doesn't seem to work right. (It's the gray circle on the ledge on the other side of the haybales to the right of the harvester.) I got it when a crop I was harvesting gave me a bushel, and it gave me the popup that I needed to place a market stall.

Holiday - I'm planting Sugar n Sprites, Glass Candycane & Frosted Poinsettia there for crafting the Sparkle Lights chests. (Currently working on the 8th present.)
    El Dorado - too small to make much of a dent - I doubt I even have 100 plots crammed on that nanoscopic farm.

The above about Jade & Australia reminds me. With Jade being such a high-yield farm, and Australia being such a low-yield farm, is it possible that, before the Bushel Report was introduced (which I heard messed up Supers, but haven't tested it myself), you'd get more bushels from the same number of plots with a totally unmastered regular crop on Jade than you would get with a mastered super crop on Australia?

Also it doesn't help that I can count my active neighbors on the fingers of one hand, in spite of having upwards of 220-250 neighbors or so. (Some of them have been inactive for upwards of 3 years or more, and some only played a few times before giving up on the game. Also, I'm doing a little in FV2, and in the list of names it gives you for begging for items, there are names there who unfriended me a few years ago, before FV2 was even a figment of Heather Sinclair's imagination (or whoever is responsible for FV2).)
    I need to go start removing neighbors. Any suggestions on how to efficiently and quickly determine who's active and not, besides visiting their farms and looking for withered crops? (There may be a few inactive people I keep as neighbors, for the time being.) Would the leaderboards, market stalls, or fuel recipe goods be any possible indicator? (I'm doubting that last one, as I'm still seeing goods for sale from my cousin who I know has been inactive for at least several months if not a year or more.)
  • FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited January 2014
    Some thoughts -

Jade - What I read was Jade was one of the farms giving bushel bonuses. I think they are taking the bonus away from us.

Australia - My observation has been it only gives poor results on bushels used for Australian crafts. I can get a decent amount bushels on non-Australian crops or the extra useless Australian crops. I have believed for months that the reason the bushels are so poor there is it does not see crop mastery. (I think I recently read some confirmation of this on one of the DF pages - the bushel report brought it to their attention).

Neighbors - Removing inactive neighbors is a very, very wise idea. I started removing people about the time Sweet Acres came out - noticed a big improvement in the number of bushels available. Some tips:
    1. Level can tell you how active they are. You can see levels on the neighbor tab. If they are under level 40, they are probably not active. (Side note - I can't see the level of some players at all - such as 19Lyds. I think exceptionally high levels are not shown).
    2. Send gifts to farmers and write down who sends them back. Remove the ones who don't. (You may already know who your regular gifters are)
    3. Visit walls of your farming friends. Check for FV posts. (My personal favorite way)
    4. I suppose you could visit the farms. But I'd only do that as a last resort.

Sometimes you have to unfriend them on facebook after you remove them as a neighbor so you can see new friends that you add. (I have been going through this process.) I think there is some kind of in-game limit to the number of friends you can see. So if they are someone you only added for farmville (or another game that you no longer play), you should probably unfriend them.

Bushels - there is a limit to the number of neighbors whose bushels you can see. I think it is 100 - the first 100 neighbors you added.

There is a thread or 2 on the forum about removing neighbors. (I think it was a couple months ago) Some of these neighbor tips I remember from that that thread.
  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 765 Aged to Perfection
    edited January 2014
    I think I may be farthest behind of the contributors to this thread? :eek:

Yep, you are even behind me! I only need about 300 or so now to finish it completely. Most of what I did to get up there was harvest all my orchards and pens. My LHC is pretty much only trees, although there are a couple animal pens there. I don't have any plots and harvest the cove itself if I need something for the bushel swap. I have a spare winery and trading post on the Hanging Gardens farm, no plots.

Edit: Checked, I'm at -379.