Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fields of Eldorado Are you there yet?

Cochise1520Cochise1520 AssassinRegistered User Posts: 946 On Fire
edited January 2014 in FarmVille Discussion
Waiting for free access.

Are you buying early access to fields of eldorado 42 votes

Are you there yet
11%
chittfarmerdoofusgailatfvmontpelierplaceTammy Sue Varner 5 votes
Do you like it
2%
Richard Reid 1 vote
Are you waiting
35%
blondescalespianoplayer88keyHoney TitanLobajazzTuTu22DaphneHarridgeUnknownvickie hansensnowdogmamaanankaernbw flwrKaren 2nichocbJuanC888Heavenlyrabbit 15 votes
Do you suffer from farm burnout and just not interested
50%
HRH MADGESandy7226mirl56Cochise1520Mimi48jd57dixieaingealbelle7478tattiannasteeler4lifemarlene5889MrsWhatsit2hantono201puffinsgirlRaynman5Keryx1n0nlyFairyNuffhummingbird93049Sparky0pakelihe 21 votes

Comments

• hummingbird93049hummingbird93049 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 6 Loose Cannon
    edited January 2014
    TOO MANY farms now.
  • marlene5889marlene5889 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 844 Forum Meister
    edited January 2014
    Will wait for free access and it may become a dormant farm like some of the others - especially those with hundreds of obstacles or ghastly colour schemes. I've only once bought early access - and that was Holiday Lights, mainly for the charitable element.
  • HeavenlyrabbitHeavenlyrabbit Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 47
    edited January 2014
    Are you waiting
    I would have gotten early access… I personally like getting new farms.

HOWEVER >>> with News Feed not being fixed by Facebook, there is no way to do the Quests. It's impossible. I can't believe Zynga went ahead without working the News Feed issue out with Facebook first.
  • belle7478belle7478 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,202
    edited January 2014
    I was initially very interested in this farm when I heard it was a rainforest theme, but they had to go and make it yet another fantasy farm. I know some like those, but I don't. Australia is the only one theme farm I played in the last year since it was a more "real" theme (relatively speaking anyway!) I realize some peolpe do like fantasy and are obviously buying enough stuff for Zynga to keep churning them out, but I am not among them. I did buy early access to Holiday lights for the charity aspect, but never did much with it.
  • gailatfvgailatfv Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,852 The Chosen One
    edited January 2014
    Are you there yet
    Well, I'm there but I have absolutely no idea why........I guess because I had the FC and was bored. But I almost immediately regretted it when confronted with the HUGE obstacles on the farm that will take forever to clear. None of my neighbors have gone yet so it is hard sledding for the first week. I think it's kind of like labor with childbirth.......we forget how brutal it was until confronted with it the next time around. The graphics are pretty good, at least it's a relief from the pastel glitteriness of Hollybright Farm or whatever it was called and the pink terror of Candyland, which I abandoned the minute I saw it. However, it is pretty much still the same old, same old once again.
  • Cochise1520Cochise1520 Assassin Registered User Posts: 946 On Fire
    edited January 2014
    gailatfv wrote: »
    Well, I'm there but I have absolutely no idea why........I guess because I had the FC and was bored. But I almost immediately regretted it when confronted with the HUGE obstacles on the farm that will take forever to clear. None of my neighbors have gone yet so it is hard sledding for the first week. I think it's kind of like labor with childbirth.......we forget how brutal it was until confronted with it the next time around. The graphics are pretty good, at least it's a relief from the pastel glitteriness of Hollybright Farm or whatever it was called and the pink terror of Candyland, which I abandoned the minute I saw it. However, it is pretty much still the same old, same old once again.

Thanks a lot I was waiting on some input I too like the Australian farm just finished beating candyland only to remove some of the candy stuff off the other farms. The holly bright farm was just that BRIGHT..... It still hurts my eyes!!!!
  • JellyZJellyZ Cream Corn Champion Registered User Posts: 1,043
    edited January 2014
    I'm there 'cos I'm a FV addict. No way around it... otherwise I can't explain why in the world I would get early access. OK, maybe the exclusive crops and the combine?

Anyway, yes, I agree with Gail that the colours are not as pastel and 'whimsical' as Candyland... and although it's still somewhat fantasy (think Mayan, mystique... yeah.. kind of reminds me of the Hanging Garden), the colours are mainly green (rainforest like) and gold..

Again I like that:
    - animal habitat/pens gives a unique themed animal
    - themed garage and other buildings...

Not so much -
    - tons of 'artifacts' you need to clear
    - starting out with a tiny 12x12, and no coin expansions, probably not for a few weeks

Neutral
    - same old crafting stuff, same buildable and etc... it's not exciting, but then it fits a formula so I'm familiar and can start 'beating' it right off the start.. LOL!

El_Dorado_zpsb7a3cd8f.jpg
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited January 2014
    Are you there yet
    I am there. I like it well enough. It is not without problems, though.

The main buildable freezes when it levels up. The game must be reloaded to continue.

You cannot place a traditional chicken coop or the game will go WHOA FARMER on you. You can only use the Legendary Birds "coop" that comes with the farm, and it has limits on what birds can go in it. Forget about bringing over chickens from other farms. They will have to go into an Aviary instead.
  • illdocilldoc The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,152 Assassin
    edited January 2014
    The "Legendary" Red Stlits (from the Jungle hideaway) does NOT go into the "Legendary Bird roost". What's up with that?
  • Mmmine2Mmmine2 The Boss Registered User Posts: 978
    edited January 2014
    belle7478 wrote: »
    I was initially very interested in this farm when I heard it was a rainforest theme, but they had to go and make it yet another fantasy farm. I know some like those, but I don't. Australia is the only one theme farm I played in the last year since it was a more "real" theme (relatively speaking anyway!) I realize some peolpe do like fantasy and are obviously buying enough stuff for Zynga to keep churning them out, but I am not among them. I did buy early access to Holiday lights for the charity aspect, but never did much with it.

My thoughts exactly. So tired of the crayola kiddie farms. :( I have no desire to even play this farm let alone pay to go early.
  • chittchitt Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 277
    edited January 2014
    Are you there yet
    It's ok, nothing that special that I can determine. I had the FV cash and decided to start early. Lots of 'stuff' I'm not interested in... yet anyways...
    edited January 2014
    Are you there yet
    One more thing... I AM burned out on new farms but could only vote for 1 item on the poll. Yes. I'm thereand yes, definitely burned out with yet another farm!
    edited January 2014
    Are you there yet
    Earlier today I clicked on the box to send neighbors gifts and was happy to find I could send mini mattocks and hand brushes (meaning I would receive lots of them back). Now they have disappeared. Have any of you seen them in the send gifts folder?
  • Richard ReidRichard Reid Assassin Registered User Posts: 921
    edited January 2014
    Do you like it
    So far it's good. (Much better looking than anything since Australia.)
  • JuanC888JuanC888 Investigator Registered User Posts: 123
    edited January 2014
    Are you waiting
    waiting for free access, not much fc....
  • MouseWranglerMouseWrangler Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,936 Lord of the Forums
    edited January 2014
    I am there. It's not bad, same old story, just a different paint job.

The ONLY reason I buy early access is for the exclusive crops. If they didn't offer those I wouldn't bother.
  • DoomBirdDoomBird Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 7 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited January 2014
    I'm so burnt out on new farms. There a so many problems with the game that they should be focusing on fixing instead of making a new farm every 2 months
  • nichocbnichocb Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 475 Colossal Titan Slayer
    edited January 2014
    Are you waiting
    I'm waiting for free access, I have never paid for the early access. I just hope that the farm doesn't freeze/lag too much like Holiday Lights Farm and Mystical Groves, thats why I hardly play on those farms.
  • Tammy Sue VarnerTammy Sue Varner Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 37
    edited January 2014
    Are you there yet
    I am there it crashes a lot freezes up posting stuff from there. Asking for stuff causes it to just stop or you get an error saying you cannot post that item right now. This 1 more buggy than all the other farms combined. Love the farm theme but the problems are getting worse not better.
    edited January 2014
    Are you there yet
    As usual, the number of bushels from harvesting is as bad as ever. I'll have to wait for my neighbors to get access and start planting in order to get additional bushels. Such a bummer!
  • Nova2012Nova2012 Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 104
    edited January 2014
    Why doesn't Zynga fix the bushels issue before introducing new farm.
  • alandamealandame Forum Traveller User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 28
    edited January 2014
    I bought early access to one farm awhile back but none of my neighbors bought it so it was really a waste of time and FC. I knew Zynga would reach their maximum contribution on Holiday Lights really early (which they did around Thanksgiving) so I didn’t buy that one either. I haven’t paid much attention to my farms since the release the Dairy, Yard Barn, Sweet Shop, Elite Horses, Jungle Hideaway, etc. They’re fun to play and don’t cost anything. One thing I find entertaining is how Zynga puts the regular price of early access at 165 FC and all you need to do to buy early access for the low price of only 45 FC is ….. play FV.

Dairy Level - 982
    Yarn Barn Level - 65
    Sweet Shop Level - 270
    Apothecary Level - 178

• 19Lyds19Lyds Forum Meister Suspended User Posts: 690 Dedicated Go Getter
    edited January 2014
    TOO MANY farms now.
    Oy!

I got the early access and between Fields of El Dorado then to Holiday Lights I have to reboot so that Mystical Groves and the other farms (upto Jade Falls) don't get bogged down.

I wanted to get a head start on the new farm but I am not alone. Parts for the obstacles disappear from the feed VERY Fast! As such, my interest is waning.
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited January 2014
    I'm there, no particular reason. Extremely tired of hidden treasures, in fact this may be the last farm for me because of the hidden treasures. Just put the stuff in the market for coins and tie it to points rather than make us uncover them, really frustrated with posting and trying to help others.
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited January 2014
    Are you there yet
    I mastered all the non-super crops so far and now I am (maybe) going for 1 star masteries of the super crops. I am doubtful about getting them to 3 stars on a small new farm.

I fail to see the point of the 21 super crops. They yield their own super bushels, and as far as I can tell, they cannot be used in El Dorado crafts.

Once again, they are completely clueless. Yes, players asked for super crops, but that is only because they wanted something that would produce large quantities of bushels for crafting. These super crops are not going to do it for anyone. They are just mastery projects and nothing more. What a waste.

Also, I have to join Sandy in the rant about the treasures. They seem to only give us more and more to clear and no easy way to do it. You can only post to the feed for them. My posts have no images and are difficult to notice. I have gifted them to EVERYONE and get none back that actually work. They are in my incoming requests, but clicking on them puts nothing into my gift box. They are just phantoms.
  • Raynman5Raynman5 The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,165
    edited January 2014
    I became burnt out on new farms a long time ago. The last one I went to was Celestial Pastures and the only reason I kept going there was because of the expansions to larger farms for coins. Every farm since I only go the one time we are forced to go when the free access begins.
  • Smokey265Smokey265 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,849
    edited January 2014
    I just got Free Access to El Dorado. Last week's quest is still running so I have to wait a few hours for the new quest to start. My first impression is good. I like the more realistic background and the fact that it's not neon pink. And it appears that my neighbors are more interested in this farm as well. I'm seeing some people that I haven't seen in a few months. I haven't been playing as much lately because we are remodeling a bathroom. But once that's done, I'm going back to being a farmer. Being a general contractor sucks! LOL
  • benniganbennigan Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 587 Goldsmith
    edited January 2014
    I may have to pass on this farm too…simply because I cannot stand the obstacles. It may the biggest PITA thing of any game I've ever played…online, board, or any real game. I hate them….HATE them.
    edited January 2014
    Are you there yet
    bennigan wrote: »
    I may have to pass on this farm too…simply because I cannot stand the obstacles. It may the biggest PITA thing of any game I've ever played…online, board, or any real game. I hate them….HATE them.

I did not pass on the farm, but I have to echo everything you said about the obstacles. I have intense farm rage right now and I keep asking myself why I am subjecting myself to this torture. I am so sick of being unable to clear obstacles, and they have made it especially hard on this farm.
  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 765 Aged to Perfection
    edited January 2014
    I'm not impressed with this one. It's tiny, the building are HUGE, and the obstacles are also huge. It also shows obstacles that are in the plots for the next expansion, one of them is so big that I'm sure that it will block my view of a couple plots if an when I ever plant anything there. I'm not worried about having enough plots for quests since I haven't bothered with those since the first couple on LHC, but boy do all those things make it fugly.