Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Optimized Farming: Recommendations for 2014

PaganiZondaPaganiZonda The BossRegistered User Posts: 1,194 Assassin
edited January 2014 in FarmVille Discussion
Huge fan of #'s 3 and 9. 7 seems like a pretty good idea as well.

Comments

• chittchitt Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 277
    edited January 2014
    Great ideas, great post. Hope someone with some clout reads it!
    I sympathize with the tree and orchard issues you brought up. I USED to be a tree hugger but gave it up out of sheer frustration. I often ignore all of my trees and orchards. I can't remember the last time I purchased a tree.
    I'd sure enjoy an 8x8 combine. My home farm is 60x60 with 3250 plots and I don't plant it as often as I would if I could plant and harvest in a more efficient manner. I only use it for the leader board crop of the week (if instagrows are the prize). Two harvests and I'm done... efficient use of turbos.

One addition I'd like would be better bushel returns, especially with any new crops/farms. It takes forever to get enough bushels to craft... pretty frustrating.

I'm giving up asking for coin expansions... got enough work with what I have now!
  • MIB4MIB4 Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 959
    edited January 2014
    All very good suggestions.

My personal favourites are 3 (used to be able to rely on the occasional upgrade of SDB's to cover an older farms buried treasures but not for some time and the enthusiasm for rare coin expansions is undermined somewhat by the realisation of having to ask neighbours for loads of parts to clear them every time), 5 and 8 (and 7 being an option with the option to remove the locked crops from view for those of us who stopped paying fc for crops would be good too).
  • BrneeyoreBrneeyore Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 221
    edited January 2014
    "3) Please empower us to clear the buried treasures, especially on the older farms. Let us 1) Ask our neighbors for parts 2) Have images show up in the News Feed Posts so our friends can see what they are clicking on 3) Use Special Delivery Boxes for Atlantis, Enchanted Glen, etc.

4) If you cannot allow us to move entire orchards or animal pens between farms, then at least let us honorably sell them and put the parts back into our gift box so we can reconstruct them all over again on a farm of our liking.

5) Could we have less pop-ups while trying to purchase and build an orchard. I am tree aficionado and building orchards drives me nuts! Can we complete all the nails, bricks, boards with a single click, just like when feeding babies?"

I really like these suggestions, I myself am a tree hugger, and I find constructing orchards on the new farms (so I can place my trees that belong there) is becoming a real pain. I have stopped sharing parts for them since none of my fv friends share the parts anyway. I would also love mastery progress in the gift box as well, it would make cleanout so much easier! Thanks for the great suggestions, I really hope someone at Zynga listens!
  • darqladydarqlady The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,321 Cream Corn Champion
    edited January 2014
    I would like to add ( which might be in the others)

11:) Make the boxes that automatically post something to the facebook feed be OFF. I have to uncheck the watering can and tree seedling and the mastery and...there are a few more. I rarely see seedling posts or cans so I know all of my friends are dutifully unchecking as well. Most people don't need either. I am usually overwhelmed with cans and would never think of posting.

12:) Add back an x to the upper right of EVERY pop-up. The orchard harvesting one that was removed doubles the time I spend harvesting my orchards for the farms without the free harvester. As a result, unless I am low on cherry or maple baskets for crafting, the orchards stay unharvested since I have no use for coins

13:) It would be nice to have a switch you could set for every pen or orchard to say - randomize output or force feed/cans. I have only a few orchards on each farm whose seedlings I keep and I typically put new animals on the newer farms so all old farm pens' babies get dumped. So I fill my already overflowing giftbox with unwanted babies and it is tedious to go through and delete them all. It would be nice to know that all the ones in your giftbox came from the pens you had your specials in. This would make harvesting on a newer farm faster since I now have to wait after each pen to take the baby and place it before harvesting the next pen since no- my giftbox is full of junky ones- I don't clean it out after each farm....

re #5. I usually have an excess of SD's, so I carefully place the new orchard ( move the screen) so I can mindlessly click to make an orchard AND hit the x to close the share box from the same location... so making an orchard is about 35 clicks in the same spot. I don't find it that hard. However- having the parts you had to acquire to get your orchard up to a super would be nice to have back in the giftbox on sale.
  • marlene5889marlene5889 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 844 Forum Meister
    edited January 2014
    PZ - may I add:

1. Please give us the ability to put things in a continuous manner on our farms. Things like seedlings, bulbs, you can only put one at a time then have to go back into the GB. I remember in the earlier days when we bought something every click we moved we had another one until we used the arrow to stop.

2. Please stop the repetitive pop ups when we are building, feeding babies or watering seedling. Yes we know that we have part built something or that we have planted a seedling or that the baby will soon grow into something - we do not need to be reminded.

3. I'm also frustrated with the constant trowels that keep popping up but again please do not remove them as I know that there are still a number of farmers who have not reached and Beat Hanging Gardens. The same goes for Sparkle Lights - yes a number of us have finished but I think that we can inconvenience ourselves if only we can do something with them - ie exchange them for a useful item.

4. Can the bushel swap be extended to 5 - most items need 4 or 5 bushels.

5. More importantly - please move the yellow right hand arrow in the market from the Buy button as I, and I am sure others, have unwittingly purchased items when we are trying to move to the next page.

If I think of any more I will add to this thread.
  • PaganiZondaPaganiZonda The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,194 Assassin
    edited January 2014
    Here is an image just for perspective -- as to why I am eager to optimize the orchard building process. I personally do have a "Tree Problem". Zynga releases way too many trees, and even though I have stopped buying trees a long time ago, the madness continues. Yes, I can consolidate a few things and let go of other things. But that means more parts to expand the orchards -- parts that I cannot get from the SDBs. Also, I rather have one specific tree type in an orchard. That way it is easier to get rid of the ugly ones when space gets tight. My entire Winter Wonderland is devoted to mastered trees. 370+ orchards and counting... around 8000 trees, that required close to 64,000 watering cans! Similar setups for the "unmastered trees" run in parallel on the English/Home farms. Wish me luck :)

2ijgjsi.png
    edited January 2014
    Spookily I too use the WW for mastered trees in orchards, although I only have around 2,200 mastered trees (the advantage of never having bought a fc tree it seems !).

As it is my farm takes a while to load so I can only imagine how long yours probably takes.

Unmastered trees only take one visit to my EC as one tree can be mastered just by moving between the orchards with grove boosts so I rarely have more than one or two trees on there as I do that every day or two (when I actually have new trees to master). Much less hassle in terms of loading time on EC for me.
  • PaganiZondaPaganiZonda The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,194 Assassin
    edited January 2014
    MIB4: Are we one and the same person? ... And you just happen to be on the other side of the matrix for me and vice versa. Am I your future? Are you my past (I must have been at 2,200 trees at some time)? Alternatively, on the forums, I am in your past and you are in my future (think post count). What colored shirt are you wearing? Will you be having a haircut anytime soon? LOL! Just kidding dude :)
    edited January 2014
    lol I would have to pity you if I am your past, you don't deserve to have that sort of a punishment ;-)

If you are my future then I must be getting far more zen-like and patient as I don't think I have your ability to put in all that effort :-)

If you are wearing a black shirt and had a haircut a couple of weeks ago I am going to start to wonder..
  • chittchitt Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 277
    edited January 2014
    Here is an image just for perspective -- as to why I am eager to optimize the orchard building process. I personally do have a "Tree Problem". Zynga releases way too many trees, and even though I have stopped buying trees a long time ago, the madness continues. Yes, I can consolidate a few things and let go of other things. But that means more parts to expand the orchards -- parts that I cannot get from the SDBs. Also, I rather have one specific tree type in an orchard. That way it is easier to get rid of the ugly ones when space gets tight. My entire Winter Wonderland is devoted to mastered trees. 370+ orchards and counting... around 8000 trees, that required close to 64,000 watering cans! Similar setups for the "unmastered trees" run in parallel on the English/Home farms. Wish me luck :)

2ijgjsi.png

Holy Tree-Moley!
  • darqladydarqlady The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,321 Cream Corn Champion
    edited January 2014
    I refuse to comment... other than to say couldn't you have TRIED to rainbow it... reds at one end.. blues at the other :)
  • JellyZJellyZ Cream Corn Champion Registered User Posts: 1,043
    edited January 2014
    PZ .. great tree farm!!! Most impressive! :)

I was once a tree farmer.. but no more.... can't keep up.

Anyway, love all the suggestions!

Not sure if this is mentioned again here, but a confirmation button for any purchase that requires FC please.
  • Richard ReidRichard Reid Assassin Registered User Posts: 921
    edited January 2014
    More bushel storage please. LOTS more.

As for the larger combines: my preference would be to offer more expansions for regular combines etc. (Sure that's lots of parts; but they are easy to craft. I have almost 300 at the moment.)
  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 765 Aged to Perfection
    edited January 2014
    I think that they should put the arborists in the tree section of the gift box and the farmhands in the animal section. It's a pain to scroll so I just do the search for it but it would be easier if they were in a place that, I dunno, made sense for them to be. The watering cans are in with the trees even though they are also used for duck ponds, both the arborists and farmhands have only one purpose.
  • Cochise1520Cochise1520 Assassin Registered User Posts: 946 On Fire
    edited January 2014
    The dairy yarn barn elite horses and others don't have billboards. The signs are cluttering the farms. Also make the mastery signs so they are not locked to farms but go into the billboards. The organic crop signs should be able to go into the crops billboards!!!!
  • Cochise1520Cochise1520 Assassin Registered User Posts: 946 On Fire
    edited January 2014
    darqlady wrote: »
    I refuse to comment... other than to say couldn't you have TRIED to rainbow it... reds at one end.. blues at the other :)

lol..... I have a thing for trees also I was thinking all that pretty background on Winter Wonderland you covered it up with orchards. That's a lot of orchards!!! You must be building 24/7!!!
  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 765 Aged to Perfection
    edited January 2014
    One more suggestion: take that much-loathed fishing pond out of the navigation menu and put Sunflower Meadows in. Angler's Pond is completely useless, SM is only useless in that it completely lacks shared storage. We can still grow plants and animals there. Besides, with Zynga's new found love of locking crops and inventory items to specific farms the shared storage "beat" quests are really much more work than they are worth. There isn't really any payback for the effort. Maybe they can work on that too...
  • Tree EntTree Ent Clueless Cookie Suspended User Posts: 28
    edited January 2014
    1) STOP TRICKING US OUT OF OUR FARM CASH! Zynga makes it's money when we Buy farm cash not when we spend it. If you want us to buy more farm cash, offer lots of cool things at reasonable prices.

2) Coin expansions!

3) Make the game load faster and easier. so I can just go on for a minute to do something without having to dedicate an hour of my time before hand.

4) bring back the farmville phone app, even if it's just for the Main Farm. (I miss being able to move my orchards around with invisible trees)

5) more realistic trees, animals and farms.