Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nursery Barn won't open

Gail MorseGail Morse Clueless CookieRegistered User Posts: 22
edited January 2014 in Bug Reporting
I have the same problem on my Home Farm. It has been that way for months.

Comments

• Gail MorseGail Morse Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 22
    edited January 2014
    Well, that sucks to hear, Aku603, and makes me wonder why in the world they put out Nursery Barns to sell if there have been problems with them. I'm sure that people have told them about these problems, but not yet fixed? Not good.
  • Richard ReidRichard Reid Assassin Registered User Posts: 921
    edited January 2014
    I placed one on Mystical Groves and it won't open. (And after I try no OTHER building will open either until I reload or move.)
  • BellDarkmaneBellDarkmane Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 12
    edited January 2014
    Also having the same problem
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited January 2014
    This is why I deleted all my nursery barns and why I was irate to see them return for 50 FCC. My barns were also not opening and stayed that way for months. My only guess is that there must be an animal glitch with something inside. But this is not a player's fault. If we can put an animal in the barn, we should be able to look inside and remove it. Somebody told me you have to wait for the animal( s ) to grow up. I guess once the barn is empty of all the animals causing the problem, it will work again. Just keep harvesting it daily and maybe you will fix it eventually.
  • Myrtle TurtleMyrtle Turtle Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 4 New to the Forums
    edited January 2014
    I was thrilled to see the stable and nursery barn return, as I missed them last time. I spent 100 Farm Cash today and bought both for my home farm. Neither will open, I can't put animals in- can't see inside, etc.... and I'm EXTREMELY disappointed, and yes- I feel deceived! If these "buildings" are meant to be just ornaments- you should have told us! Either fix it, or give me my farm cash back- and I'll gladly return the buildings to you. Whom should I contact about this? Thank you!
  • Myrtle TurtleMyrtle Turtle Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 4 New to the Forums
    edited January 2014
    I was thrilled to see the stable and nursery barn return, as I missed them last time. I spent 100 Farm Cash today and bought both for my home farm. Neither will open, I can't put animals in- can't see inside, etc.... and I'm EXTREMELY disappointed, and yes- I feel deceived! If these "buildings" are meant to be just ornaments- you should have told us! Either fix it, or give me my farm cash back- and I'll gladly return the buildings to you. Whom should I contact about this? Thank you!

I came back in to the forum after posting my original message, with info that may help some of you. I finally was able to put animals into the new buildings. I had to exit the game and then come back in. Both buildings will now take animals and will open. I hope this helps you. Best of luck.
    edited January 2014
    I'm happy for you, Myrtle Turtle, and I hope that this continues for you, but no matter how many times I exit and come back to Farmville, my Nursery Barns will not open.
  • Smokey265Smokey265 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,849
    edited January 2014
    Some of the foals and calves were not designed specifically for use in the Nursery Barn (because that feature was discontinued).

If you have put one of those type of foals/calves into your Nursery Barn, it will cause the problem of not being able to look inside.

In my experience, I had to wait for that particular foal/calf to grow up and be removed from the Nursery Barn before I could look inside again.
    edited January 2014
    Ah, that explains a lot, Smokey265. Thank you. I'll just have to wait, and when I can open them again I'll be very careful what foals/calves I put in there.
  • Chocolate HeartChocolate Heart Super Moderator Super Moderator Posts: 2,206 Lord of the Forums
    edited January 2014
    Smokey265 wrote: »
    Some of the foals and calves were not designed specifically for use in the Nursery Barn (because that feature was discontinued).

If you have put one of those type of foals/calves into your Nursery Barn, it will cause the problem of not being able to look inside.

In my experience, I had to wait for that particular foal/calf to grow up and be removed from the Nursery Barn before I could look inside again.

Thank you so much for your help Smokey265!

Glad to have you here. ^_^
  • LiMillrLiMillr The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 152
    edited January 2014
    YIKES! and I was considering spending the farm cash on another nursery barn but now I guess I won't.
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited January 2014
    And HOW is someone supposed to know which animal is going to cause a problem if it goes into the nursery barn without an issue???....the issue occurs AFTER it is already too late. Once inside, you cannot open the barn or remove the animal.

This is NOT player ERROR! This is a game bug.

ARghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
  • Smokey265Smokey265 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,849
    edited January 2014
    And HOW is someone supposed to know which animal is going to cause a problem if it goes into the nursery barn without an issue???....the issue occurs AFTER it is already too late. Once inside, you cannot open the barn or remove the animal.

This is NOT player ERROR! This is a game bug.

ARghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

No, this is not a player error. But it's not necessarily a game bug either. These particular foals and calves are working as intended. Because they never intended to re-release the Nursery Barn. In their minds, that feature was archived for good. But now they have brought the Nursery Barn back, despite overwhelming odds. So they need to re-vamp the foals and calves to make them all Nursery Barn-Friendly. :)
    edited January 2014
    This is what infuriates me about 50 FVC for the nursery. They re- release it at this outrageous price but did nothing to repair long standing glitches first.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file