Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Big Thumbs Down for this weeks Leader Board Rewards

vittoria2711vittoria2711 Lord of the ForumsRegistered User Posts: 2,048 Lord of the Forums
edited December 2013 in Feedback and Suggestions
Agreed. I had 4 days of a holiday weekend with no big plans. I could have devoted plenty of time to the game. Instead, my gaming time was cut about 90% thanks to the epic fail of the leaderboards.

I did manage to complete the insanely dumb 50 sparkle lights because I saw that it would be repeated. So in the prior week, I continued filling up craft shops with sparkle lights crafts. By the time the leaderboard was released, I already had the 50 crafts ready to harvest. I continuously planted the required crops and got more from neighbors and bushel swap.

It can be done, but like you said, it must be done to the exclusion of EVERYTHING ELSE. No quests, no nothing that requires HL crops other than the ones for sparkle lights crafts. And of course, the quests always want something else!

Comments

• Rebecca2Rebecca2 Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 193 Fisher
    edited December 2013
    was unable to do the sparkle lights as my farm did not produce the bushels needed at all only managed to get 5 out of the 50 yet strangly enough was first got the xp book did not really want that as i already level 291 and don't get FC PAST 250 prefered for coming first the insta grow or turbos charges.
  • Rebecca2Rebecca2 Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 193 Fisher
    edited December 2013
    Agreed. I had 4 days of a holiday weekend with no big plans. I could have devoted plenty of time to the game. Instead, my gaming time was cut about 90% thanks to the epic fail of the leaderboards.

I did manage to complete the insanely dumb 50 sparkle lights because I saw that it would be repeated. So in the prior week, I continued filling up craft shops with sparkle lights crafts. By the time the leaderboard was released, I already had the 50 crafts ready to harvest. I continuously planted the required crops and got more from neighbors and bushel swap.

It can be done, but like you said, it must be done to the exclusion of EVERYTHING ELSE. No quests, no nothing that requires HL crops other than the ones for sparkle lights crafts. And of course, the quests always want something else!

That good idae i did the same with the wands at the time to grow the rainbow animal was 400 then they put it up to 500 leaving me short of 50. i left the others waiting in case they do it again i be ready for them.
  • Desert UnicornDesert Unicorn Colossal Titan Slayer Registered User Posts: 284
    edited December 2013
    Really?? Farmhands as a reward for growing the Toy Flowers Crop?? Booo!! What happened to the Unwithers and Instant Grow? What does crop growing have anything to do with farmhands?

Toy Dog Bone... arborists, fuel and lastly unwither... Where's the Instant Grow?

Sparkle Light things...for the millionth time. This is killing the new farm. People have to choose whether to grow crops for the Sparkle Cafe or make Sparkle Lights. Why run this challenge 3 weeks in a row? Of course THIS challenge has an instant grow as the impossible-to-reach level of 50.

What happened to that whole theme of "We're Listening" the Farmville manager was talking about? I don't see any evidence of listening so far.

I suspect several things this week are the escalation of a trend to move people to the newer games and away from the old Farmville. We've seen some things pushing towards this in the past, and Zynga has retired some of its games. I don't think they plan to retire this one soon, but it may be a long-term goal.

This week, we saw rewards diminish as you mention and in a few other areas, quests for the new farm exceeded the plot capacity of the farm without possibility of expansion, and notably the Farm Cash ads at the bottom of the game have disappeared. The latter thing is signifigant because the few FC here and there have been what has been allowing some people to actually finish quests and get the top prize for the week. I've also seen one quest going with one friend in my newsfeed that is asking for items that were used for a quest a couple of years ago, and I wonder if they may be starting quest re-runs. I'm thinking this is a new push to interest people in switching people to their newer games where the programming code for the game isn't so huge and complex that fixes are nearly impossible.
  • Honey TitanHoney Titan The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 260
    edited December 2013
    You might be right about that goal of getting people to switch to other games but it will definitely backfire with me and several of my friends. If they continue making everything in FV so impossibly difficult, I will quit but never again will I ever play another Zynga game. The way the company treats it's long term customers is disgraceful and I'd rather read a good book than give them my business again.
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited December 2013
    I have all other Z games blocked and they will stay blocked. If they ever kill this game, my social gaming days are over.

They totally ignored us. The next leaderboards will also be giving nothing but farmhands for animal mastery and 6,000 of the next new crop. We can get the instagrows from the Get Crafty leaderboard only. So start filling up your crafting areas if you want a head start.

At least the sparkle lights crafts are not required on the next leaderboard. Maybe they did listen...a little.
  • Raynman5Raynman5 The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,165
    edited December 2013

They totally ignored us. The next leaderboards will also be giving nothing but farmhands for animal mastery and 6,000 of the next new crop. We can get the instagrows from the Get Crafty leaderboard only. So start filling up your crafting areas if you want a head start.

Yep, looks like they ignored us ... what else is new?

Farmhands as a reward is so illogical, in the week it takes for the leaderboard I could easily craft twice as many or more farmhands ... why would I want to waste time planting a useless crop for them?

Having instants as a crafting reward, as long as it means any recipe, is better for me because I do a ton of crafting and won't have to waste time, fuel & plots planting a useless crop. BUT we know that type of crafting is not on the leaderboard every week, usually it's some specific recipe involving new farm crops and is next to impossible to complete without buying your way through in one form or another.
  • LiMillrLiMillr The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 152
    edited December 2013
    I have gotten away from doing the leaderboards also because the tasks are often to craft items and they are items that we have to sell off because we can't expand the dairy, yarn barn, etc. and the rewards are not as good. I also will NOT give real money to a company that does NOT have customer support. They want my money, they can give me support. After 5 years, I am almost finished with their games.
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited December 2013
    Next week's leaderboard will be even worse....much, much worse. The only way to get instagrows will be to craft 75....yes 75....sparkle light crafts.

The 6,000 crops will give farmhands.

The tree master leaderboard will give arborists.

I am on the brink of quitting FarmVille. I hate this. Hate it, hate it, hate it.
  • gailatfvgailatfv Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,852 The Chosen One
    edited December 2013
    Are you serious? That is outrageous even for Zynga. I swear they are deliberately trying to drive people away from this game. Their bizarre animal and tree prizes that demanded crafting drove me away from quests and now they are busy trying to ruin the leaderboards. If they think I am going to spend FC on it, they are sadly mistaken and I sincerely hope nobody else will either so maybe they will pull their heads out of whatever dark oriface they are in and go back to some reasonable goals with good rewards.
  • garman225garman225 Enthusiastic Expert Registered User Posts: 319 Unstained Chieftain
    edited December 2013
    If you're not going to give out the unwithers and instagrows for the leaderboards, I'm done with them. If I accidentally gain farmhands (I have over 150 and counting), whatever, but I'm not willfully participating. You can get rid of the leaderboards for all I care.