Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

How do I get rid of dormant neighbours?

puffinsgirlpuffinsgirl This Space Is AvailableRegistered User Posts: 49
edited May 2014 in FarmVille Discussion
In order to delete neighbours you will need to delete them as Facebook friends first, then delete them as neighbours.
If you do it the other way round they will still show up.
It may take a day or two for them to disappear.
Community neighbours you can just untick them from the neighbours tab in the game.

Comments

• sunnivara76sunnivara76 The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,318
    edited October 2013
    I wish they had a way to know which neighbors are not active. It's just too tedious and time-consuming go to every FB friend's page and see if they have posted anything from FV recently in order to decide who to dump. I'm sure I have lots of neighbors who no longer play but I have no easy way of knowing who they are. I'd love to see Zynga add a "last played on ... " next to everyone on the Neighbors list.
  • puffinsgirlpuffinsgirl This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 49
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for the help Manxman. Looks like I'll be doing that all afternoon!
  • MouseWranglerMouseWrangler Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,936 Lord of the Forums
    edited October 2013
    Manxman wrote: »
    In order to delete neighbours you will need to delete them as Facebook friends first, then delete them as neighbours.
    If you do it the other way round they will still show up.
    It may take a day or two for them to disappear.
    Community neighbours you can just untick them from the neighbours tab in the game.

I have always deleted as neighbors first, then as friends and then I block. They are only game friends so blocking isn't a problem.

Another way to tell who is active is to check the names on the pop up list when Farmville wants you to send a care package - 99% of the time the names on that list are the inactive ones. That's the yardstick that I use.
  • MIB4MIB4 Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 959
    edited October 2013
    Mousewrangler - I wouldn't use the care package option as whilst that is MEANT to be the way care packages are allocated (ie to players who haven't played in a while) it quite often doesn't work. I have seen many neighbours who play every day (as well as my wife) be put on the send care package list and if I had used that as a yardstick I would have lost most of my best neighbours in the past few months..

I know I have appeared on others lists and I play every day and have done for years so to say it is glitched would be an understatement :-)
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited October 2013
    I agree the care package neighbor list cannot be trusted. In the past I used it as a guideline, then checked neighbors' walls. If I discovered someone truly quit, only then would I un-neighbor them, then unfriend them. Several were still quite active and did not belong on the care package list or they might have posted a message that explained a brief absence, so unfriending would have been unfair to them.

And I agree it should in this order...first remove as a neighbor, then remove as a FB friend. I think doing it in reverse might be the cause of ghost neighbors.
  • MouseWranglerMouseWrangler Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,936 Lord of the Forums
    edited October 2013
    MIB4 wrote: »
    Mousewrangler - I wouldn't use the care package option as whilst that is MEANT to be the way care packages are allocated (ie to players who haven't played in a while) it quite often doesn't work. I have seen many neighbours who play every day (as well as my wife) be put on the send care package list and if I had used that as a yardstick I would have lost most of my best neighbours in the past few months..

I know I have appeared on others lists and I play every day and have done for years so to say it is glitched would be an understatement :-)

I don't delete from that list without checking their walls first, guess I should have stated that. My bad. :D

In my case though, in the majority of instances when I check the walls of those people they haven't played in a while. My yardstick is 2 weeks - no activity in that amount of time, I delete them.
    edited October 2013
    Personally I give it 3 weeks simply because 2 weeks could just mean someone has gone on holiday :-)
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Forum Meister Suspended User Posts: 690 Dedicated Go Getter
    edited October 2013
    I have always deleted as neighbors first, then as friends and then I block. They are only game friends so blocking isn't a problem.

Another way to tell who is active is to check the names on the pop up list when Farmville wants you to send a care package - 99% of the time the names on that list are the inactive ones. That's the yardstick that I use.
    My wife Hates Farmville and I deleted her as a neighbor without having to delete her as a Facebook Friend.

As for the Care Package PopUp! THANKS!!! I often wondered why I never received a Care Package in return.
  • Mimi48Mimi48 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 647 Mazter Guardian
    edited October 2013
    I've used the carepack deal as well...Will check to see who sent one back...the ones that did I keep those that didn't have to go...I've lost so many neighbors that I am down to less than 20 who actively play...
  • puffinsgirlpuffinsgirl This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 49
    edited October 2013
    Right - I have gone for the wall checking option. Took ages!

Removed the neighbours first followed by unfriending. The trouble is they are still showing up in my neighbours list. Arghhhh. It's so annoying. I just want a good, working list of neighbours to whom I can send gifts and make requests.

The main concern is that I discovered some FV friends have unfriended me at some point over the past year yet they still show as neighbours.
  • mirl56mirl56 Colossal Titan Slayer Registered User Posts: 249
    edited October 2013
    I get care packages from time to time from others so I know it's not a good guideline - I play daily. I, too have seen very active neighbors on the care package list. I think Zygna does that just to throw you off - probably 98.9% of the names don't play any more.

What I have done in the past is make a list of names from the Neighbor Tab and what level they are. Then I wait 3-4 weeks (to cover vacations, etc) and check back to see what level those people are at now. If they are still the same level, I delete them. It does take forever though - the waiting 3-4 weeks part.
  • Mmmine2Mmmine2 The Boss Registered User Posts: 978
    edited October 2013
    I go to the Send Gifts tab and send something to everyone on my Suggested friends list. I then go back in and click on anything to send to the players that are on the Farmville friends list. I don't actually send that second time around, just want to see which people who are on the second list. These are the ones that haven't played in a very long time. In my case, many of these are family members that I know quit playing months and months ago but did not block the game.
  • nicola wrightnicola wright Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 7 Loose Cannon
    edited October 2013
    does anyone know if messageing zynga support threw twitter actually works and do they get a response ty
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited October 2013
    does anyone know if messageing zynga support threw twitter actually works and do they get a response ty

It works for a few people, and posting on the Player Support page works for a few people.
  • Chocolate HeartChocolate Heart Super Moderator Super Moderator Posts: 2,206 Lord of the Forums
    edited October 2013
    Howdy farmers!

I just want to share the steps I found from the Player Support Site on how to remove a neighbor in your Farm:

Click on Add Neighbors.

2013-10-05_0558.png

Choose and click on the Current Neighbors tab.

2013-10-05_0652.png

Select the Neighbor you want to remove then click on the red X.

2013-10-05_0715.png

Happy Farming! :)
    edited October 2013
    Unfortunately Chocolate Heart the post title is slightly misleading as it is actually referring to how to get rid of people who no longer play farmville but used to, not specifically to neighbours (ie those on the neighbour bar on your farming screen).

The only way to get rid of people who used to play farmville is to either remove them as facebook friends or get them to remove all permissions they have given zynga in regards of farmville. That of course covers people whose names you can see, doesn't help one iota with ghost friends that used to play when getting bushels etc..

What is needed is a way to personally be able to remove people as options to send gifts to etc within the game without having to remove them as facebook friends. Sadly, people have been requesting this since the start of farmville but as zynga can claim more players involved in the game by having former players count (and consequently up advertising revenue etc) it is safe to say this much needed feature will never be implemented.
  • nicola wrightnicola wright Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 7 Loose Cannon
    edited May 2014
    can someone answer me does that mean for both farmville 1 and 2 to remove all my neighbours so i have people that actually play as neighbours i would have to unfriend them as a facebook friend give it a couple of days for them to disappear of the game then the ones that play i then re request as friends and re send a neighbour request to them as ive got a lot of people on both games who dont play anymore ty