Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Bushels--this is ridiculous

Comments

• IrethIsilraIrethIsilra Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 208 Cupcake Princess
    edited February 2013
    In jade falls farm ive gotten less bushels too :@.
  • xphrogyxxphrogyx Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 234
    edited February 2013
    I have noticed HH gives fewer bushels than my other farms, despite it being a big farm with lots of plots. just an observation.
  • AmandaZarovskyAmandaZarovsky Gabby Enthusiast Facebook Connect User Posts: 112
    edited February 2013
    Yes this is stupid. Cant make things needed because they dont count and it takes days to get enough to make one thing.
  • pinneypinney Loose Cannon User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited February 2013
    I am seeing the same thing here on my farms. I pay for the seeds, plant, water, and wait. When it comes to the harvesting, use the fuel, and hope that all of the harvested crops are accounted for. Well, I harvested 80 crops and 8, yes, 8, was counted as mine. I have repeatedly informed Zynga of this, as you also did, and I get a response that it's being looked into. I've tried so many times to work and get all the crops needed to get the quest completed. Has anyone heard anything regarding this issue? Any updates?
  • vittoria2711vittoria2711 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,048 Lord of the Forums
    edited February 2013
    My Haunted, Mistletoe and EG farms have really gotten bad with bushels, starting about 3-4 weeks ago. It's either 8 bushels or nothing. No amount of harvesting any more plots will yield any more. I have really large haunted and mistletoe farms, which are mostly crops. I have a double bushel statue. I should be swimming in bushels. Doesn't matter which crop, either. It could be unique crops to those farms or standard crops like coffee and rye...8 or none. Sometimes, if I reload, I can get a few more. I should not have to reload constantly to force the game to give up some bushels.

Update - Sadly, this seems to now have spread to the Hawaii farm, which had still been OK. Got no White Grapes or Soybeans that I had planted there and 8 Hilo Pineapples. I planted plenty of each, all mastered. I see my playing days numbered at this rate. It seems clear that Zynga has absolutely no intention of addressing this at all. In my opinion, they should disclose the odds of getting bushels and the range of yield one should expect. The same with getting seedlings as well. Hiding behind the "random" word seems like a nice way to avoid staying fair to the consumer/player. Although this is a game many of us pay real money to play and should have some sort if information available to us.
  • SpiritBloomsSpiritBlooms On Fire Registered User Posts: 711
    edited February 2013
    filup wrote: »
    I have been doing the leader board thing and have noticed when I harvest what ever crop it is for it I get 20-50 a harvest but when I harvest a crop I need for a quest crafting item I get 1-3 and if I am lucky maybe 5. Can you please fix this.
    Seriously? I've never gotten 20-50 bushels of any crop, ever. I think the most I ever got was 8-10 bushels. I do seem to recall that if I've gained a little mastery with it, the crop tends to yield more bushels. A crop that's new to me will often give none or very few until I've planted it a few times.

It always helps, of course, to use a Fertilize All and activate a bushel of that crop from storage. But those are no guarantee if it's a crop I haven't planted before. Quests tend to require unusual or new crops. I've found it helpful on a multi-part quest to consult whatever guide I can find here, so I know ahead of time what bushels are needed and can start collecting them, or planting, in advance.

Of course that's no guarantee. It's a game, it's supposed to be challenging as well as involve some luck.

But that's also one reason I don't do that many quests. I have to weigh the rewards against the work involved, and often I have other farming goals for myself.
  • danequindanequin On Fire Registered User Posts: 721
    edited February 2013
    the bushels are messed up there appears to be something in the program that the more useful a bushel is the fewer you get for example on LHC darrow blackberries 500 plots, 12 bushels even with a fertilize all, quartz carrots...no fertilize all used 42 bushels...soybeans EC 700 plots 30 bushels with a fertilize all used. green tea 600 plots 13 bushels with a fertilize all used, white grape, 23 bushels 500 plots with a fertilize all used...stone crab on HP no fertilize all 88 bushels no fertilize all used....
  • marmlindamarmlinda Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 61
    edited February 2013
    As far as bushel counts are concerned (and there are lots of problems here), I've actually gotten MORE bushels when I don't fertilize.
  • johntcaldwelljohntcaldwell Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 19
    edited February 2013
    I don't know what's going on with getting bushels and harvesting lately. I can't count the times I harvested 200+ white grape, carrots, or whatever that are fully mastered and I only get 4 stinking bushels from them and even none a couple of times. Set a minimum number to get so that our time isn't completely wasted.
  • LupylooLupyloo Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 210
    edited February 2013
    I am so tired of the lack of bushels that I need for crafting. I planted 340 tulips....got 4. I planted 60 (cant remember what) on Jade Falls (bushels I do not need for crafting) and got 58 bushels. That is just plain crazy.

Trying to get items crafted on EG is hard with so few.
    edited February 2013
    Well there goes around 150 ambrosia tulips with 0 bushels from them. grrr
    edited February 2013
    250+ carrots and 4 bushels. This game is really getting frustrating. It's just stupid!

250 basil got me 8 bushels and 128 wheat brought in a whole 7 bushels I think. If this isn't stupid, I don't know what is. Fix the game please because it isn't even fun with harvests like this. Crops that I have to wait all night for need to have better results.

100 Bell peppers and 0 bushels.

136 Spinach harvested and got 4 bushels.
  • bucsonebucsone The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 82
    edited February 2013
    WOW!!!!! 11 pages of posts and not one moderator responded. I guess we know where their priorities stand.
  • janewayfanjanewayfan Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 245
    edited February 2013
    I have long suspected that needed crops give less bushels than the baloney crops such as pink bows etc., I think that's the program is written. And I'm glad I'm not the only one catching on to this as previous commenters have mentioned the same.
  • Aku603Aku603 Fisherman Registered User Posts: 127
    edited February 2013
    bucsone wrote: »
    WOW!!!!! 11 pages of posts and not one moderator responded. I guess we know where their priorities stand.

Bingo!!!!!
  • zamo1zamo1 Super Moderator Super Moderator Posts: 806
    edited February 2013
    Hello farmers,

We want to apologize for for not showing up around here :p But please note that this is a suggestion that has been noticed and addressed to the FarmVille Team, so we hope that they get to do an update of the bushel gains in the game for your convenience.
  • kittenflowersmomladykittenflowersmomlady Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 180
    edited February 2013
    Same here - if I need it for a quest, one or two ...maybe - except in Jade Falls, which I have beat, but still am finishing up the last few crops on - I will get 30-40 bushels off those harvests, and have to go in and remove them, since my market stalls and craft shops don't work correctly anyway, nor do my goods shops. =(
  • RIAP27RIAP27 The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 725
    edited February 2013
    Is this their way of dealing with the Inventory FULL issue? Just not give us bushels????? I needed Taro bushels to level upo Poi and lucky if I get single digit bushels for a whole field. Of course then you have the otjher problem when you get the RIGHT bushel amounts--INVENTORY FULL and you lose them if you forget to clean out the danged market stalls every day. Caught between a rock and a hard place in this game.
    250+ carrots and 4 bushels. This game is really getting frustrating. It's just stupid!

250 basil got me 8 bushels and 128 wheat brought in a whole 7 bushels I think. If this isn't stupid, I don't know what is. Fix the game please because it isn't even fun with harvests like this. Crops that I have to wait all night for need to have better results.

100 Bell peppers and 0 bushels.

136 Spinach harvested and got 4 bushels.
  • CaroleCCaroleC This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 34
    edited February 2013
    Or maybe I should say still!

I am trying to craft parts for the new Geyser on my Hawaiian Farm. Being a crafting fiend this is right up my alley. As luck would have it no matter how many trees I harvest I am running way short on orange, cherry & maple bushels.

So I got a brilliant idea.... I built Super Orchards and filled them with all the respective trees (one each full of orange trees, maple trees and cherry trees) that I had on my home farm. Which as it turns out was a good many.

This morning I harvested those orchards. I had 32 maple trees in one Super Orchards and DID NOT GET ONE BUSHEL! I think I got two orange bushels and two cherry bushels out of the other orchards.

Do this seem unreasonable or am I overreacting???

:confused:
  • RIAP27RIAP27 The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 725
    edited February 2013
    OK I just bought the Pizza restaurant and started using Duram and white wheat. I have 300 plots on EC and that is where it is. I just planted and harvested THREE times. . .and how many bushels per harvest did I get?? 3-4 bushels per crop! ALL that FUEL and turbos and I got a grand total of 9-12 bushels per crop. I even cleared out space in my pathetic inventory to make room for what I hoped would be nice sized bushels! I even used a fertilize all the 3rd time! NO DIFFERENCE!! I understand I have no mastery in these newer crops yet but sheesh fertilize all should have HELPED!!! I like the pizza restaurant but I certainly don't want to use up all my fuel trying to plant crops for it!!
  • ceejayesceejayes Cloudylicious Facebook Connect User Posts: 81 Dramachine
    edited February 2013
    My orange trees are not harvesting!! I should have quite a few bushels by now....please HELP!!!!!:(
  • yipeiokiayyipeiokiay Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 5 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited February 2013
    i don't think anyone cares.....i've been having similar problems with crops not receiving proper bushel rewards for over a year. i've also started threads....made bug reports, and seen numerous others from fellow farmers....nothing ever seems to get resolved. how sad:(
  • vittoria2711vittoria2711 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,048 Lord of the Forums
    edited February 2013
    I have complained about getting no bushels since Feb 2011, when bushels ground to a stop for some crops. Because they never fixed that bushel issue I got the double bushels statue, which was great for a few months... until about 4 weeks ago when the bushel issue reared its ugly head again. They will not fix it regardless how many reps say it's being worked on.

It is in their complete control to fix this quickly. Remember months ago when we were suddenly getting something like one bushel per plot planted??? They fixed that with 24 hours. To me it displayed 1. That the crops can give plenty of bushels and 2. They can fix things pretty quickly, when they want to. They don't want to.
  • PhilCazannePhilCazanne Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 24
    edited February 2013
    Not for the first time, but for the umpteenth! Just harvested over 140 plots of sunflowers (mastered crop many moons ago) and hey ho .. not one sunflower bushel! The game is using fuel like there's no tomorrow (I know that fuel prices have risen tremendously in the real world but this is supposed to be a game, you know, played for fun :rolleyes: ) You took the coins, you used the fuel, now deliver what we have 'paid' for please
  • pattyapoianpattyapoian This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 41
    edited February 2013
    I think it's curious that whatever thing you "need" is what you get shorted on.
  • duckturnipduckturnip Muffin Registered User Posts: 9 Muffin
    edited March 2013
    For the last 2 days, I haven't been receiving bushels on grown goods, even if they are super crops (super morning glories was what I was growing) or if they were fertilized. Makes it just a *tad* difficult to craft if you can't get bushels... :(
  • rosekeithrosekeith Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 24
    edited March 2013
    duckturnip wrote: »
    For the last 2 days, I haven't been receiving bushels on grown goods, even if they are super crops (super morning glories was what I was growing) or if they were fertilized. Makes it just a *tad* difficult to craft if you can't get bushels... :(

planted soybeans,tomatoes,flint corn , frosted holly.morning glories,cotton went and there was nothing i want my unwither and my money and the gas i used to plant it all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Gord206Gord206 Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 13 Loose Cannon
    edited March 2013
    I have also had problems in this area e.g.. harvested 200 plots of rice and received zero bushels.
  • sister cuervosister cuervo Muffin Registered User Posts: 11 Muffin
    edited March 2013
    I've planted Nectarkins 3 times, full fields of at least 200 each and gotten zero bushels. Fertilized and used the Instant Grow. I have only mastered Level 2, but surely I might have gotten one or two bushels. Naturally, I need them for a quest.
  • magia575magia575 Loose Cannon User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited March 2013
    I have from few days big problem on FarmVille. I harvest the whole farm and receive only 1 brushel even I have a lot of space in storage... Please help ! It is really annoying :(:(:(:(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file