Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

1-4-2012 Cannot post or share feeds

Comments

• notjulianotjulia Building Expert Registered User Posts: 11
    edited January 2012
    Started playing Farmville in Facebook (Google Chrome, and I had coincidentally just cleared my cache before I logged into Facebook). Opened up farm in Winter Wonderland, went to check status on my quests and needed to ask for more Healthy Cookbooks. Clicked on it and nothing happened. Exited out of Farmville, went back in and tried again - only now it says I already asked for Healthy Cookbooks and have to wait another 5 hours. Tried to ask for more ski pants on the other quest, same thing - nothing happened, exit out and go back in, now it says I already asked and have to wait to ask again. Then I saw the message at the top of the screen about problems and saw that you might need to scroll down the page to see your request screen - I went to share another item and then scrolled way down the page and it did show up there. Grrr. I hope we get extra time to finish quests since we have to wait to ask for things we never got in the first place due to this error.
  • Pinky142Pinky142 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    Problem began early today. Yes I have cleared Browser Cache and even tried another browser, problem still persists, along with Freezing, failing to load when performing actions within the game, and extremely slow when loading farm. Have not noticed error message. When problem started, I was using Google Chrome 16.0.912.63 which is the most current and up to date version. I am playing FarmVille on FB. It's happening most of the time. Doesn't seem to be quest related. It happens when I'm asked if I want to share news/rewards, etc.
  • wtheis01wtheis01 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    whenever go to post something farmville freezes and i have to refresh the page every single time to get it to go back to normal. I am using google chrome.
  • FilfrasFilfras Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    1. Have cleared browser cache.
    2. The game freezes and a sign on bottom of screen flashes "Waiting for 0-60.channel.facebook.com...",
    3. Work neither with IE (9.0.8112.164211C) or Google Chrome (16.0.912.63 m).
    4. I'm playing on Facebook.
    5. Happens everytime I try to post.
    6. It isn't quest related.
    7. Just tried to post...

..and yes..I saw on one occasion that the dialogue box opened in the middle of the page - partially hidden behind some layer making it impossible to post..
  • EhowellEhowell Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 6 Loose Cannon
    edited January 2012
    Like other the posting issue has been giving me trouble for weeks but tonight I completed one quest and attempted to post and ask for the next set of items and the entire system froze. I reloaded - and came back in - attempted to work on other items and the game froze on them. I was NOT trying to post.

I usually use Firefox - was and playing on Facebook. I also tried using Chrome and the problem repeated itself. I cleared my cache - rebooted and the problem was able to be repeated.

If you need further info, please contact me. Thank you!
  • Anajo97Anajo97 Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 7 Loose Cannon
    edited January 2012
    For months I have been unable to post for quest items. could post for other things though. Used IE. Switched to Chrome, now I can post as long as I'm not in full screen. Full screen freezes game. As of 9pm tonight, can't post anything. Greys out for quests, sharing bushels, or anything else unless you hit cancel. Plus the lag time is awful. The game slows so much now that I have 4 farms. I guess it's gotten too big for anything to work. Probably will quit like everyone else.
  • seayers1972seayers1972 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    I am having the same problem. I have cleared my cache. I am using internet explorer 8. It is not giving me an error message, I have it set up for fast post and nothing is post - quest requests for all quests, sharing of bushels and other share. This has been going on since before Christmas, the day when the 10th day of Christmas became available to ask for help. I have tried on both Farmville.com and from Facebook and the only thing that posts is the "Naughty or Nice" request for stocking stuffer but for some reason when someone tries to give me a 4th vote, it doesnt take or when I have tried spending farm cash to finish the fourth vote it doesnt allow me to.
  • tainted frootlooptainted frootloop Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 7 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited January 2012
    oh yea maybe something to do with facebooks new timeline which i dont have page wont let me scroll down sometimes automatically scrolls up also sometimes my farm refreshes itself without even getting mssg farmvilles been enhanced please refresh page taking me automatically to gift or invite neighbor page..and is it normal to get oops we found error please push ok to send error report?
  • densongdensong Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    I can accept and send from gift box but when anything pops up to share and I click share it just greys out and freezes, I have to refresh the page but can not share at all.
    Playing on FB using windows vista.
  • SJBurnamanSJBurnaman Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 10 Pumpkin
    edited January 2012
    Been having this problem for months, unable to post for help on all the Quests, sharing animals from new pens will not post, very few posts work.
    Always clear browser cache... don't get error message, usually just does nothing..today the freezing up started.
    Using firefox 8 on Vista have tried both Farmville and Farmville.com same results, other family members use same computer and all their posts work.
    I think this may have started after Farmville enhanced while I was sharing a post, several times in the last few months this has happened to me. Hope this helps sure would like to have a fix. Thank You!
  • phoohbearphoohbear Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    Cleared Cache
    When I try to post it goes white and red "X" in upper left side
    Internet Explorer
    Facebook
    Happens on all posts on all farms
    First thing I did after signing on was click to post requests for a wonderland quest part 3 and has happened on all posts after that
  • Lisa IrwLisa Irw Muffin Registered User Posts: 9 Muffin
    edited January 2012
    Locked up when posting to share bushels, did NOT let me post for skinny clothes or snowboards. Did not allow for posting of tree Playing from Farmville. None of my Farmville friends have posted for HOURS
  • AndreaHarrisonAndreaHarrison Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    I am having the same problem , when i try to post the screen turns gray and you can see down the left side of the screen that it is trying to load.
  • wolfzkatwolfzkat Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    Same thing is happening to me as well.....goes grey and freezes every time I try to share something?
  • letazzletazz Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 4 Loose Cannon
    edited January 2012
    yes cleared browser
    no error message
    browser foxfire 8.0.1
    playing farmville on facebook
    does not happen all of the time. just this time
    happened on quest 8 winter wonderland
    finished quest 7 asked for penguin helmets...did not post to news feed
    now crops will wither if I can't get the helmets to go on to the next quest. I planted for quest 9 and they are ready to harvest
    Please fix soon. I spend a lot of money on cash11
  • charmed1780charmed1780 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    i am having alot of problem with posting stuff for my quests ..posting my trees once harvested... and i am not going to get them done in time...when will this matter be cleared up...seems to be losing out on my stuff...when i go collect on farm...the page always comes up error refresh page....how do i get my farm done with things being done this way...please help
  • DottieScottDottieScott Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited January 2012
    I am having problems posting completed farm tasks, ie orchards, trees grown from seedlings. I have had a continueous problem with posting requesting quest help from neighbors. All of the Keep Animals Warm--the items of clothing would not post on feed or my wall. Now the Ski quest is having the same problem. On the ones I was successful on, I was able to send to others that were posted on feed. I have never been able to get the ticket raffle to work or the animals out of our boundries.
  • MariadelosMariadelos Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    I use the TAB key to find the posting dialog box
  • tainted frootlooptainted frootloop Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 7 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited January 2012
    last comment sorry is the permissions for automatic posting real or scam?
  • lelsie buglelsie bug Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    Same issues as everyone else it seems. Used chrome, firefox, comet bird, internet explorer on 3 different laptops at home, my aunt tried for me on hers and mom tried in another state. I am not seeing the items I need either. Sometimes it posts, sometimes it automatically posts, sometimes it gives me a window, sometimes it freezes, I would estimate about 1 % of my posts make it- out of 100 seedlings raised with the posts for the water and the final tree 3 total posts MIGHT make it out of the 200.
  • mearhartmearhart Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    Hi:
    FYI: Farmville [app play] does not work well with the new Facebook secure browsing. I have had to turn it off in order to post everything then turn it back on when done. I was unable to post bushels, babies, grown trees, quest and marketplace items or be able to receive or send gifts ok when using the secure browsing.
    This is my newest issue this evening:
    - Cleared Browser Cache (Yes or No): Yes.
    State exactly what error message are you seeing:
    I'm playing my Winter Wonderland Farm this week which is where I am experiencing this challenge. I click on popup ... doesn't matter what it is ... to post and it goes to a white screen. Upper left corner has a box with a red X in it. I've noticed that there is a bunch of clicking as if trying to connect with something but cannot. No error message. Was working fine earlier today.
    - What browser and version you are currently using when getting the error: IE8
    - Are you playing FarmVille on FarmVille.com or Facebook when getting the error: Facebook.
    - Does it happen all the time: Just this evening since around 7pm.
    - Is it quest related? No.
    - If yes, which Quest Line?:
    - Please explain what actions you took prior to getting the error:
    Everything appears as it usually does. I go to harvest ... and tested releasing a bushel to check to see if the posting popup came up under the game ... which it didn't ... which brings up a normal popup asking me what I want to do ... it goes to post then goes to a blank white screen. I'm hearing lots of clicking.
  • robincooperrobincooper Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited January 2012
    I'm having the same problems when trying to post or request items for quests. My screen grays out like it's going to show the box so I can click share but the game freezes up. I'm also seeing the Whoa message a lot today.

I've cleared the cache, tried reloading the game and also closed Firefox and reopened and still have the same problem.

I'm using Firefox and playing the game from Facebook.

I just started step 4 of the Snowboarding quest in Winter Wonderland and I'm on Step 8 of the Running shoe quest (asking for string).
  • sheryl21txsheryl21tx Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    My screen completely freezes everytime I go to post anything. It doesn't matter what quest I am on, if I am harvesting anything from crops to buildings to pens, and I have to refresh my screen to correct the issue. I am on Firefox and have tried clearing caches, getting rid of other open windows, deleting internet history, and running anti-virus software.
  • dixiedavidson1dixiedavidson1 Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    have had this proublem for months>>cannot post any thing>>
  • Terry PerrymanTerry Perryman Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 4 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    I am having the same issue with posting--screen goes gray and seems to freeze. scrolled down to the bottom of the page and the post is actually there. It is happening on all posts so does not seem mission related. Using firefox 8.0, playing on facebook. yes, cache is cleared.
  • smithdanasmithdana Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    Cleared Browser Cache (Yes or No): Yes
    State exactly what error message are you seeing: No error message just a gray screen and everything freezes.
    What browser and version you are currently using when getting the error: Chrome
    Are you playing FarmVille on FarmVille.com or Facebook when getting the error: FarmVille on Facebook
    Does it happen all the time: Every time I go to post anything it happens.
    Is it quest related? If yes, which Quest Line?: No not quest related.
    Please explain what actions you took prior to getting the error: I went to my farm and tried to post potion and it froze. I refreshed my farm and went to my winter farm and went to post snowman parts and it froze.
  • patzigstepatzigste Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    I scrolled down below the game...way below. and it was there
  • gillianslgilliansl Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 126 The Pesky Helper
    edited January 2012
    Infiniti73 wrote: »
    ******************** Super Moderator Edit ********************

RedJohn
    Super Moderator

******************** End Super Moderator Edit ********************

I have been having trouble posting like a lot of other players for months now, however, tonight when I got on to play, FV seems to have bigger issues. Every time I go to click the "share" button, it grays out like it is going to give me the actual posting option (the last one before it actually posts to your wall...the one that has send or cancel), but then it just freezes everything. I can still see the game, only it is grayed out. The mouse doesn't spin like it is thinking or anything....I have also been having issues with the game just completely shutting down and restarting or giving me the "whoa! We've hit a snag" message. I do not know if the two are related. I just thought it would be important to note that this is NOT like the other issues that I and others have been having posting.
    I use Chrome and was playing on Facebook.
    I had just finished up with a quest and had begun the new one and went to post for the "get 6 sports drinks" when it froze up on me. If you need further info, please contact me. Thank you!

I'm having exactly the same issue as described above. Cache is clear, chrome, didn't do a thing except try to share. Happens ever time try to share since about 6-7pm tonight.
  • donessakarendonessakaren Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    having same issues - need to refresh every time I try to post.
  • jan2507jan2507 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    Same here with posting also when "sharing" ie: gifts from Gift Box, crafted items etc.), the Egg timer comes up and the only way to get back to the game is to Refresh or hit Play.
This discussion has been closed.