Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1-4-2012 Cannot post or share feeds

Comments

• emvarkemvark Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 30
    edited January 2012
    Cleared Browser Cache (Yes or No): no

State exactly what error message are you seeing: no error message -- when I try to share, everything goes grey and freezes

What browser and version you are currently using when getting the error: chrome, don't know the version

Are you playing FarmVille on FarmVille.com or Facebook when getting the error:
    facebook

Does it happen all the time: yes, since about 9pm

Is it quest related? If yes, which Quest Line?: quests are about only thing I haven't tried to post tonight, because it isn't working and I didn't want to suddenly have to wait several hours to ask for more...

Please explain what actions you took prior to getting the error: tried to post feeds to wall (put things into buildings, got the "do you want to share an extra" clicked yes...), started when I was in the shop in winter wonderland, trying to share a sugar snowflake as I'd upped my level for that.
  • dlknowlesdlknowles Muffin Registered User Posts: 11 Muffin
    edited January 2012
    Farmville through facebook. Using Firefox. I have cleared my cache. Whenever I hit share, the screen flashes and it freezes up. Neighbors not receiving my help requests. For several weeks I have been experiencing the game suddenly reloading itself.
  • beelzebub85beelzebub85 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    :confused:
    Infiniti73 wrote: »
    ******************** Super Moderator Edit ********************

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM! WHAT'S UP?
    RedJohn
    Super Moderator

******************** End Super Moderator Edit ********************

I have been having trouble posting like a lot of other players for months now, however, tonight when I got on to play, FV seems to have bigger issues. Every time I go to click the "share" button, it grays out like it is going to give me the actual posting option (the last one before it actually posts to your wall...the one that has send or cancel), but then it just freezes everything. I can still see the game, only it is grayed out. The mouse doesn't spin like it is thinking or anything....I have also been having issues with the game just completely shutting down and restarting or giving me the "whoa! We've hit a snag" message. I do not know if the two are related. I just thought it would be important to note that this is NOT like the other issues that I and others have been having posting.
    I use Chrome and was playing on Facebook.
    I had just finished up with a quest and had begun the new one and went to post for the "get 6 sports drinks" when it froze up on me. If you need further info, please contact me. Thank you!
  • Crystal1205Crystal1205 Muffin Registered User Posts: 15 Muffin
    edited January 2012
    I have had the same problem starting today and all my kids accounts are having the same issues I cant post any requests to my wall or any feeds. any word on when it will be fixed?
  • cathoneycathoney Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 1 Loose Cannon
    edited January 2012
    It has been happening with me for months sometimes I can request certain quest items and finish quests and other times I can't finish any quests at all. I use Google Chrome, and have done all that has been asked of me. I am just so disappointed that I can't finish quests and get the good prizes.
  • sascsasc Learning the Ropes Suspended User Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    click on the to post and screen goes a lil greyer and nothing happens :( Boy all your games are screwed up I think its time for Zynga to retire permanently cuz your games are all useless lately!!!!!!!!!!
  • tainted frootlooptainted frootloop Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 7 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited January 2012
    having same problem cleared cash using google chrome on facebook would like to note that feed under my game is not the same as used to be back in day it says send some a congragulations gift or send mystery gift which isnt even a gift option for me anymore ive clicked automatically sends watering can or something ud recieve i special delivery back in the day my feed under game would say so and so needs this send this or get foal etc not send congrats gift or mystery gift thats it 2 options,
  • HoudinaHoudina Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    okay. I'm using Internet Explorer 9. I've had the same issue for months now and was only with quests. Problem was: not being able to post the quest requests nor to post items to share from the quests only. The issue was finally so I thought, fixed a few days ago as for the first time in a long time I was able to post but it was to be short lived. I am still not able to post quest related items or requests making it extremely unfun and difficult especially at this time of year as many have been away. I always (daily) clear my cache`, history, temp files etc as well as a virus scan. I had my daughter come on to my computer to play her farm to see if she had the same issues and the answer was no. She has never had the issues I've been having. I've tried shutting down my antivirus software and still have the problem so I give up. I don't know what more I can try. Three of my friends have already quit the game because of the issues since January 1st, I'm trying my best to stay with the game but it's getting harder day by day as I'm losing the interest since I can't play it the way it's meant to be played.
  • daryltwiggdaryltwigg The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 39
    edited January 2012
    I too am having the same problem when I go to share or after I harvest an item, the pop up block goes "Gray" and locks the game up.
    Using both Firefox and Google Chrome Browsers, Windows 7 Ultimate, TMC Turbo network, Cleared Cache and cookies, Adobe up to date, Happens on all Farms (Home - Winter Wonderland).
  • HelvaJeanHelvaJean Dramachine Registered User Posts: 14
    edited January 2012
    I'm having the same problem as all the others & am getting really tired of refreshing to get the game going again!

I'm using the latest version of Firefox & playing on Facebook.:mad:
  • camaroelliecamaroellie Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    Cannot post any items for my quests, nor can I access my gift box envelope to receive or send gifts. Also, I cannot post any 'share materials' from any building, like the ice castle, feed mill, water wheel, animal pens, snowman, etc. Please help! This issue has plagued me for weeks now!
  • tainted frootlooptainted frootloop Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 7 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited January 2012
    oh yea ps today i finished quest and right as i got new quest said it expired in 20 minutes
  • LeslieZimmLeslieZimm Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    Just started having this problem tonight. When I try to 'share' or post, my game freezes and I have to reload it. I've been on Firefox and Chrome.... having the same problem on both.
  • ChrogeChroge Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited January 2012
    I am having the same problem posting.
  • marilynmoffatmarilynmoffat Muffin Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 Muffin
    edited January 2012
    I am having same problem screen greys out and freezes most refresh to keep playing. Wife is having no problems with her game only mine. came up under wife name my name is John Moffat
  • merubinomerubino Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited January 2012
    i can open my farm, that all! won't let me post, can't open my storage, can't my gift box, won't let me harvest my crops, can't open some building craftsm, and last can't visit my 3 other farms... hayzzz...
  • Cookie_munsterCookie_munster This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 44
    edited January 2012
    I can't do anything without game freeze. it is like my own pop-up blocker is affected :eek:
  • margie77margie77 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    Am able to scroll down the page to find my popup however I am not always able to get to the send box as many times only a small fraction of the popup shows. Will there be extra time given for challenges due to this problem?
  • JMeritt2JMeritt2 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    I was able to post things on my page eariler today and when I went back this evening to harvest I was not able to post. I click on share and normally another window pops up and that's when it has the share or cancel and that window isn't opening at all. My farm turns gray and just sits there. I have left it sitting there hoping that the other window was going to open or that it was going to do the auto post so I could go on to my next item on my field but nothing happens. I'm forced to refresh! I'm using Intenet Explorer and I even tried my chrome and Explorer 64 and still nothing. I am not getting any error message at all. I have cleared my cache and do so every day and evening. Please FV get this worked out!! I've already lost several neighbors because of all the problems that have been happening and I don't want to lost more or stop playing myself!!
  • AngelRoseLiteAngelRoseLite Building Expert Registered User Posts: 32
    edited January 2012
    The popup does show at the bottom of the page. That's annoying, but at least I can post. The issue I noticed is that the FV window itself seems to be shifted upwards; that is, the quest icons are higher up in the window, and the top line that shows how many coins we have, what level we are, and the ability to change farms is gone. It only shows when there's a popup to scroll to at the bottom of the page.
    edited January 2012
    and my foals r not growing up as they started gypsy foal growing up to be black foal always black foal for me happened like 5 times now
  • DebbieMerDebbieMer Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    This is the exact problem I am having today for the very first time. I was trying to post for my last recipe book and the screen grayed out like it was going to give me the post screen. When I reloaded the game and went to try again, the post button was no longer active. The post never went to the feed.

I use the latest version of Firefox. I have cleared my cache as well as a disc clean up. I log in from facebook.
  • mary Schafermary Schafer Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    I am having same problem just started, been having others things happen like oops there is a problem and we have to restart! Report bug!! Need sports for quest now can't ask till tomorrow! Oh well it's Farmville what else can I say!!
  • CP1561CP1561 Social Snowflake Registered User Posts: 317
    edited January 2012
    I have been having this problem and after the first couple of times, found the post box at the bottom of the page.
  • Bluefrogeyes09Bluefrogeyes09 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    I am unable to post & lost 3 quests for this same reason. I think that credit should be given to me, via I did thequests. Now, I'm just angry I still am unable to post share or ask. Please resolve or fix soon. Thanks.
    P.S. I have quit Cafe world completely, because had simular issues. Quitting this game s my next stwep.
  • Sandy GraceSandy Grace Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited January 2012
    Getting tired of moving down to bottom to post. Won't play until fixed.
    Please fix ASAP. Thanks!
  • Mimi SanchezMimi Sanchez Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    I am having the same problem so is my daughter:(
  • poisonivygirl68poisonivygirl68 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    all of the above I have experienced today 01-04-2011...have tried all fixes & none work...about to give up on FV completely
  • bearskin2005bearskin2005 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    Having the same issue as everyone else. Finished #3 of Snowboard Quest but it wouldn't post, greyed out. I got out of FV and got right back in and the next Quest is showing so I tried to request the Slalom Flags and it froze again and is still froze as we speak. I use Chrome. And I'm on FB as I'm playing. I have found out lately, it makes no difference if I start from FV.com or go through FB. I still have the same problems.
  • Haivart2Haivart2 Muffin Registered User Posts: 30 Building Expert
    edited January 2012
    1. Yes, I cleared the cache.
    2. There is no error message. The screen goes slightly gray and everything freezes. Even the harvesting/plowing/planting freezes.
    3. IE 9
    4. Playing via Facebook
    5. It happens on a quest when I try to ask for something. It also happens when I try to share bushels, or even try to share anything.
This discussion has been closed.