Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official Discussion: Winter Badger Quests

Comments

• URGHURGH Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited December 2011
    :(
    I don't like this part of the quest: "Clicking the green “Ask For Help” button will allow you to send the request for help directly to your friends"
    other than that it's great!
  • Vannie144Vannie144 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 5 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited December 2011
    My quests disappeared after I completed the 3rd one. This gets frustrating when you plan ahead, and then oh, it disappears. This happened with a WW quest.. and I waited DAYS for it to come back and by the time it did, I didn't have time to finish it!
  • musicalchefmusicalchef Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 410
    edited December 2011
    I normally like the quests, but I am really NOT happy with this one!

The main reason is that we have to ask our friends for all the parts directly. It is SO much more fun when we can just post it to the wall! Plus, it takes three tries before I can ask - the first time I click on "ask friends," it goes to the "invite friends" tab, and then I have to click "play" and wait for the farm to load again. The second time, it goes to "free gifts."

And I have a strong suspicion that the requests don't always go through when we ask friends directly - I've been having to wait a really long time for parts, and I have a lot of neighbors (in various time zones) who are online often and ALWAYS respond to requests promptly.

Honestly, between this quest and a few other recent issues, I am very close to quitting Farmville :-( Or at least ignoring all the quests. It used to be a great game, but it's really going downhill :-(

Zynga, PLEASE just take a break from all the new stuff and use that time to fix the bugs! I think there is already enough in the game to keep players' interest while you do that!
  • wallfl0werwallfl0wer Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 78
    edited December 2011
    Last night I finished step 2 of this quest. I harvested the morning glories, collected the stakes, got the pop up for finishing, started step 3. I planted the cotton. This morning, I harvested the cotton, then noticed that for some reason, it said I was still on step 2, hadn't gathered all the stakes, and still needed the morning glories.

I'm not going back and planting morning glories and cotton again. I'm done with this quest.
  • virginiasacchivirginiasacchi Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 23 Building Expert
    edited December 2011
    it happens the same to me last night around midnight italian time (greenwich +1) .. but i was in 6 quests i harvested the last 80 peppers and harvest the silka tag 1 time. this morning i find out that still missing 80 peppers and silka tag as never harvested before. probably ther was a technical trouble in fv ...no matter i seed peppers again and put silka in a winter pen quite ready.
    wallfl0wer wrote: »
    Last night I finished step 2 of this quest. I harvested the morning glories, collected the stakes, got the pop up for finishing, started step 3. I planted the cotton. This morning, I harvested the cotton, then noticed that for some reason, it said I was still on step 2, hadn't gathered all the stakes, and still needed the morning glories.

I'm not going back and planting morning glories and cotton again. I'm done with this quest.
  • Winthrop44Winthrop44 On Fire Registered User Posts: 754
    edited December 2011
    I normally like the quests, but I am really NOT happy with this one!

The main reason is that we have to ask our friends for all the parts directly. It is SO much more fun when we can just post it to the wall! Plus, it takes three tries before I can ask - the first time I click on "ask friends," it goes to the "invite friends" tab, and then I have to click "play" and wait for the farm to load again. The second time, it goes to "free gifts."

And I have a strong suspicion that the requests don't always go through when we ask friends directly - I've been having to wait a really long time for parts, and I have a lot of neighbors (in various time zones) who are online often and ALWAYS respond to requests promptly.

I feel the same - having to ask directly for help instead of posting is not working out for me, hardly anyone responds and I can't "help" myself by clicking on other peoples' posts like I usually do. I'm already planning not to do the last few parts because it's just a drag this way.
  • KellyMae12KellyMae12 Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    I cannot plant peppers on my English Countryside or my Cove.They are not showing up. I have tried since this morning.I have already planted poppies and am very frustrated. Poppies are almost done. Whats up with this?
  • KellyMae12KellyMae12 Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    Winthrop44 wrote: »
    I feel the same - having to ask directly for help instead of posting is not working out for me, hardly anyone responds and I can't "help" myself by clicking on other peoples' posts like I usually do. I'm already planning not to do the last few parts because it's just a drag this way.

I am asking for items also and am having a hard time getting them. I believe my requests are not being sent either.
  • antonia2005antonia2005 Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 14
    edited December 2011
    I can not work in my farm the scream is completely black since yesterday 12/18/2011 when I passed to winter wonderland.
    When it starts loading the winter farm appears the farm an in a minute the scream turns all black
  • dutchess dolldutchess doll Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited December 2011
    My gold watch's for the super conductor are not getting counted. Also sent over 200 request for bird house and got 0 returned, what am I doing wrong?
  • Haivart2Haivart2 Muffin Registered User Posts: 30 Building Expert
    edited December 2011
    Another quest I'll never get past part 1 of.
  • specialmisskspecialmissk Loose Cannon Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited December 2011
    the first quest needs 7 tarps. I now have 1/7... it's been a couple of days and many requests... I have crops on my home and english farms waiting for the quest to advance.

same thing happened on the previous quest which ended Sunday... 1 week stuck and no response to my issue reporting.
  • Gale_Gale_ Muffin Registered User Posts: 7 Muffin
    edited December 2011
    Not bothering with it. I am fed up with nonstop quests, glitches etc., I used to love to play FV but not anymore. I come on FV help people with their quest needs, harvest whatever and leave. FV has become a chore and not a game so why bother with it.
  • bessiebrandsterbessiebrandster Colossal Titan Slayer Registered User Posts: 31
    edited December 2011
    How long is it supposed to take the fat squirrel to be ready to harvest as i have now been waiting 2 days and its still only 72% done ?
  • ivymoon2000ivymoon2000 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited December 2011
    I would love to tell you the quest is going well, but animals are going to miss on my farm, which seems to include the two-toned capped black bear so I can't harvest it :(
  • jedilizjediliz The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 397
    edited December 2011
    I prefer to ask for items from my wall feed....with sending directly to friends, you're lucky if they see it!
  • larryb5959larryb5959 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited December 2011
    I don't understand how Zynga expects people to be able to keep up with all the quests etc. all running at the same time. Not to mention the collecting of gifts, stocking stuffers, and different building parts too numerous to count. And then there is the Twelve Days collection. Quests come and go so often I can't keep track of all the items in my gift box, are they needed now, will I need them in the future, or am I already done with them. Farmville is turning into a full time job!:(
  • MsChickletMsChicklet Cream Corn Champion Registered User Posts: 1,174
    edited December 2011
    Apparently there are 3 additional quests to this? 7, 8, and 9. But I already finished the first 6 so when will these ones pop up for me?
  • WildIslandCatWildIslandCat Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 71
    edited December 2011
    MsChicklet wrote: »
    Apparently there are 3 additional quests to this? 7, 8, and 9. But I already finished the first 6 so when will these ones pop up for me?

I heard about the additional three parts to the quest but have not seen them yet, instead I got the start of the Sweater quest. I hope that if I do get this the time has not kept running while I can't do anything for it! *eyeroll*
  • ndemrosendemrose Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 49
    edited December 2011
    MsChicklet wrote: »

I also finished these quests (1 through 6) and choose not to redo it, and now there are three more quests? How do I get access to these, especially to get the sweater chipmunk and bird horse!
    edited December 2011
    Well, the official FV guide ends at six quests, but on other websites, they say there are three additional quests. How many are there?
  • Barbara UltanBarbara Ultan Investigator Registered User Posts: 55
    edited December 2011
    I just got #7:
    Get 14 Pinecone Feeders
    Master Fat Scarf Squirrel to 1 Star
    Harvest 450 Vegetables

I need to know what #8 calls for so I'll know what to have my combine plant when it harvests the 450 vegetables. If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks!
    edited December 2011
    I just got mission 7 too.
  • DBAPaulDBAPaul Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited December 2011
    Quest No 7 (the Xmas tree quest) says to "harvest 450 vegetables and master Fat Scarf Squirrel to 1 star"

My 'Fat Scarf Squirrel' is already over one star but I'm not getting credit for it, does it matter that my 'Fat Scarf Squirrel' is on my English farm?
  • jerrijanjerrijan Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 38
    edited December 2011
    I finished 7 and 8 says to harvest the birds nest tree twice but it didn't give me the nest from finishing 7 :confused:
  • charlenerauchbothacharlenerauchbotha This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 7
    edited December 2011
    Why isn't there a Quest Guide for all the quests... where is the guide for the socks and the jersey?
  • Colleen Calderwood PomperColleen Calderwood Pomper Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 13
    edited December 2011
    Can anyone tell me where to find a Birdhouse Spruce to complete a quest? I didn't receive one (or two) and can't see where I can buy them either!
  • ElaineMitchellElaineMitchell Enthusiastic Expert Facebook Connect User Posts: 343
    edited December 2011
    Sorry Colleen but they were a gift for the quest; re-check your giftbox- try using the search box - type in "spruce" and it should come up. Put it in an almost-ready orchard, collect the orchard, take it back out and out it in another one.
  • twol8suetwol8sue Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 12
    edited December 2011
    I got my birdhouse spruce, put it on my land, now I cant remember where I put it. I checked all the orchards, and the lands, and storage, even moved stuff around and I still cant FIND it. Is it invisible?