Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

12-6-2011 Game freeze & posting issues

Comments

• TwylaDaleJonesTwylaDaleJones This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    Same here on the freezing that started when winter wonderland started ...i am also getting a waring that " this is not a secure site." :(

I re-read my post and the warning was in Farmville itself not the forum..just wanted to verify ...Hope all gets resolved :confused:
  • Woody6063Woody6063 Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 7 Loose Cannon
    edited December 2011
    Cleared Browser CacheYes [/U]or No): yesState exactly what error message are you seeing: None it just dont post my feed req..
    What browser and version you are currently using when getting the error: internet explorerAre you playing FarmVille on FarmVille.com or Facebook when getting the error: FacebookDoes it happen all the time: yes everytime i try to post a requestIs it quest related? If yes, which Quest Line?: Yes the first line asking me to post to get help from friends.. Please explain what actions you took prior to getting the error:
  • Mikaylas MomMikaylas Mom This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 5
    edited December 2011
    I can't ask friends for help in quests or whatever you want to call them it will not post to my wall and I have missed out on a lot of items because time runs out the last day I could post was 11/27
  • mrsmayhammrsmayham Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited December 2011
    **** I got mine working*****

In desperation I removed all rights for farmville, then I re-allowed all rights. It allowed me to post a request for the logs for WW-1. Don't know about the penguin or Winter Adventure quests as I had already tried and failed this morning. I'll try again in 5.5 hours.

Try it - if it works, perhaps it's a permissions issue!!
    I hope this helps someone.
  • tinakayttinakayt Muffin Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 Muffin
    edited December 2011
    same here im going to stop playing till u fix it this is crazy.
  • Lonely HouseLonely House Social Snowflake Registered User Posts: 266
    edited December 2011
    Using Google Chrome.

Winter wonderland.....first time I logged into Farmville in a long time as I have alot of issues. (can't store on my home farm without it OOS) etc.

Winter wonderland just crashed continuously.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The CLEAR YOUR CACHE excuse is insulting. Your game needs fixed and it's NOT on our part!
  • tiffaneyphippstiffaneyphipps Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited December 2011
    Cleared Browser Cache (Yes or No): yes
    State exactly what error message are you seeing: no message, just cannot post any feeds for any of the quests so therefore I cannot complete any of the quests in time.
    What browser and version you are currently using when getting the error: Internet explorer 8
    Are you playing FarmVille on FarmVille.com or Facebook when getting the error: facebook
    Does it happen all the time: yes
    Is it quest related? If yes, which Quest Line?: all quests
    Please explain what actions you took prior to getting the error: N/A

I am getting pretty aggravated that I cannot complete any of the quests in time because I cannot post a feed for my friends to send me what I need.
  • GSandra32GSandra32 Muffin Registered User Posts: 2 Muffin
    edited December 2011
    Can't ask for shovels for my storage in WW.
    Just freezes and gives me a dark blackish screen.
    I use both Chrome and Firefox.
  • LaodaLaoda Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 10
    edited December 2011
    its so sad that its the 2nd day cant get into farm :mad:
    oh well, all crops should be withered ......
    Thanks, always making me dishearten & i hope u are not giving me a chance to quit ... if so, im glad to do so if its getting often & more than 2-3 days of freeze!!!
  • p0lak83p0lak83 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited December 2011
    ********** Mod Edit **********

Known Issues

********** End Edit **********

Each time I "share" to post something to my feed the game freezes (goes grey) and will not return to game play without refreshing the browser.

I am using Google Chrome as a web browser and the issue has only started occurring since the release of Winter Wonderland.

THX! hope this helps!
  • arleenearleene The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 248
    edited December 2011
    mine tends to happen when i visit neighbors farms. i have cleared cache and use chrome. everything was working fine until this morning when i logged on.
  • MeikiaMeikia Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited December 2011
    Game is freezing and I have to refresh when I try sending gifts to friends.
  • helenwright212helenwright212 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited December 2011
    Will let me accept gifts box will not open or send out request items for missions.
  • AntiBarbieAntiBarbie This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 22
    edited December 2011
    I don't see my exact issue here so going to give this a try ALL day today and half of yesterday I am sent gifts but they don't show up in my gift box. Also new today I can not visit my neighbors Help anyone???
  • debbiedozinternetdebbiedozinternet Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited December 2011
    I have been having trouble posting for all quests and sharing anything on all farms. Cleared cache still nothing. Even tried using different computers. Nothing is helping I have had this trouble since thanksgiving. Please help!!! I can't get through the quests.
  • cindy5898cindy5898 Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 1 Loose Cannon
    edited December 2011
    my game is freezing up too...I was in WW and it froze I had to refresh the page and I was then on my home farm. I use chrome as well.
  • weber8weber8 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited December 2011
    My posting problem only happens when I am requesting then all quest items. They may post 1 out of 10 times. Using internet explorer and on facebook. I have cleared browser, no error message just doesn't pop up to post and doesn't show up on page. most other things post
  • ccnsimiccnsimi Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited December 2011
    Cannot post items needed for the quest. I have spent 120 fc just to finish them. I need it fixed now or I will not spend any more money on FARMVILLE> I hope that gets you attention....thank you.:mad:
  • imbobearimbobear Pumpkin Facebook Connect User Posts: 5 Loose Cannon
    edited December 2011
    Game has been really whacky for me. I knew my ginger men had withered then they weren't then they were back to withered.
  • scrawneysmomscrawneysmom Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited December 2011
    cannot post again for quests..... getting old.....
  • cindypetersoncindypeterson The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 7
    edited December 2011
    game is not working right freezes when i tried checking to see if my 6 hr items i was making were done and when i try to change farms :(
  • grannyrgrannyr Mazter Guardian Facebook Connect User Posts: 156
    edited December 2011
    I assume this is the same problem I am having... I call it a serious serious lagg as it don't really freeze if you wait long enough it does post eventually but yes the screen darkens and just hangs there waiting to post. This just started with me today.. cleared my cashe rebooted etc... I uses Firefox 8.0 and flash is updated. everything else works fine it is just the game that seems seriously lagging. no error messages. Please fix Zynga.
  • mselvinmselvin Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited December 2011
    I am having trouble posting for help on the wall. I use Mozilla Firefox, play trough Facebook and it is not quest related. I cannot remember exactly when it started. Currently I am having issues with the Winter Wonderland quest, but it is the same with the quest with the discover yeti and the "decorate your farm for the holidays". It has been a problem for a very long time.
  • Joshua99Joshua99 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 3 New to the Forums
    edited December 2011
    I was having problems with my game loading before and tried everything, now I have a new computer windows 7, explorer 9, and playing farmville through facebook. My game is now loading and working other than I can't get my quests to post for the ones I need friends's help with.. I am still stuck on the 1st Discover quest the , the 1st of the Winter Welcom, the logs, and the 1st Deck the Halls (??) with the hollies... I have been trying to post them to get help since they came out and still will not post. I am not able to progress in the quests because of this. I have cleared cache and everything required.. but it still says that I posted but nothing is showing up... Please help since I have already missed alot of the past quests because I couldn't get my farm to load...
  • char819char819 Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 213
    edited December 2011
    Cannot post to receive the mistletoe or crystal things in WW or the other quests. Game won't let me it freezes. Have cleared the cache numerous times. Using IE8. Can't expand WW. Can't afford FV cash. Hubby on disability and I work full time. This is crazy! I'm level 109 and have done 99% of it through my own hard work and gifts I have received from neighbors and very few FV cash. Fix the game!
  • char819char819 Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 213
    edited December 2011
    By the way this freezing has been going on since before Halloween with the quests. This should have been fixed by now.
  • Dizzy DancerDizzy Dancer Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited December 2011
    My issue is with all of my craft areas such as the shoppe and pub etc. It just freezes meaning I am unable to purchase items for fuel conversion and I am unable to make required recipes for quests.
  • KJOmaraKJOmara Delightful Duckling Facebook Connect User Posts: 15
    edited December 2011
    • Cleared Browser Cache (Yes or No):
    Yes. My settings are to clear everytime I close Firefox, but I have manually done it too.

• State exactly what error message are you seeing:
    None. I click to request items for a quest and no pop up box comes.

• What browser and version you are currently using when getting the error:
    Firefox Version 3.6.17

• Are you playing FarmVille on FarmVille.com or Facebook when getting the error:
    Facebook

• Does it happen all the time:
    Yes

• Is it quest related? If yes, which Quest Line?:
    Yes, but not solely. The last 5 quests I haven't been able to complete.

The same then happened when sharing Santa's sleigh parts - no pop up box.

Once in Winter Wonderland the same happened when trying to share building parts for train station.

Then the same happened when sharing mystery babies.

And today I am unable to ask for parts to expand animal pens (zoo/pet run/wildlife habitat etc)

• Please explain what actions you took prior to getting the error:
    Usual gameplay, and more recently, the first thing I do is click the quests and request items in the hope that it's been fixed.

Is there no way you can extend the expiry time of people asking for items or increase the amount they share when asking for them, so we can at least stand some chance of completing quests?

It's gone on far too long now and rather than improving it looks like it's getting worse as things break one by one. :confused:
  • Haivart2Haivart2 Muffin Registered User Posts: 30 Building Expert
    edited December 2011
    I am on IE (brand new computer), using Facebook, and it happens randomly. It has frozen in both the WW and LC, when I'm plowing, planting, or in my gift box. I have cleaned my cached twice. I can unstick it by going back to my home page in FB. Shall report more as I experiment.
  • FV and coffeeFV and coffee Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 165
    edited December 2011
    Same problem with the game freezing up. Any fixes for this on the way??
This discussion has been closed.