Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most Profitable Plan Per Hour Per Space

GrimdoggGrimdogg Loose CannonRegistered User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star
edited October 2009 in Community Created Guides
Do you assume a zero dollar purchase cost on the trees since over time the initial investment will approach zero?

Comments

• GrimdoggGrimdogg Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited July 2009
    Yeah. There's no point in including the initial purchase price of the trees or animals since after 11 to 13 turns the trees pay for themselves. The animals take a significantly longer time to pay for themselves from 22 times for a sheep, 44 times for a chicken, and 50 times for a cow. But all in all it's not a recurring cost like the crops are since it eventually pays for itself.

But if you wanted to include the cost factor into it the orange tree may be a better investment since it will take about 44 days to pay for itself versus the 66 days to pay off the sheep.

I do hope when they come out with effects the buildings it will have some type of effect to what you grow or raise though.

Some examples of building effects would be:
    Barn - All animals owned produce quicker.
    Rest Tent - Your farmer harvests, gathers, and plows quicker.
    Well - Crops and trees produce quicker.
    Fruit Stand - The profit from all fruit gathered increases.
    Grain Silo - Your crops decay is slowed down.
    Cottage - Experience for picking, plowing, or harvesting gets an additional +1
    Windmill - Allows you to turn certain harvested vegetables like wheat into something else like flour, which you can then in turn sell for more money.
    Farmhouse - $ Gained for picking or harvesting goes up by 10%.
    Greenhouse - Gives you the ability to purchase and invest in new types of plants not already in the game.
    Villa - The $ Gained for picking or harvesting goes up by 25% and the experience boost gets an additional +2

Some examples of decoration effects would be:
    Hay Bale - I think this is how you could create a recurring cost for having animals as the hay bale would feed say 10 animals for 5 days or something like that.
    Barrel - For shipping fruit or milk in bulk which would get you say an additional 10% for profit.
    Crate - Same thing as for a barrel except for crops and other animal products.
    Butter Churn - Gives you the option to turn harvested milk into butter which you can sell for an increased profit.
    Wagons - Specific to what they serve it basically would increase your profits as well since you're absorbing the shipping costs to make money on.

They also need to make fences for the animals so they don't eat the crops since that's a realistic thing that happens on the farm.

That's just kinda where I think this game should go.
  • Hyperion703Hyperion703 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,759
    edited July 2009
    Wow... nicely done, Grimdogg. Very useful!

You have great ideas for the game, too. Anything that would speed up my plants' rate of growth is #1 on my list!
  • hayseedhayseed Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 83
    edited July 2009
    so rabbits are pretty worthless huh? lol
  • kranserkranser Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 88
    edited July 2009
    Grimdogg wrote: »

Very Very good ideas for the buildings Grimdogg - I hope those ideas get implemented. However, I feel the ideas are stretched a little for decorations, and feel that decorations should be simply that - 'for decoration'.

Kranser.
  • gbookwormmgbookwormm Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 22
    edited July 2009
    Well that's frustrating. I have my heart set on a pomegranate orchard. I thought I would be semi-individual in this as I assumed they would not be very profitable. I am particularly fond of pomegranates and wanted them just because of this. Discovering now that they are the most profitiable item out, everybody's going to have a bunch once they get high enough. ARRG.
  • Clueless TurtleClueless Turtle Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited July 2009
    I want a field chock full of rabbits :D
  • Oneheart4truluvOneheart4truluv Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 7 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited July 2009
    Grimdogg wrote: »
    Yeah. There's no point in including the initial purchase price of the trees or animals since after 11 to 13 turns the trees pay for themselves. The animals take a significantly longer time to pay for themselves from 22 times for a sheep, 44 times for a chicken, and 50 times for a cow. But all in all it's not a recurring cost like the crops are since it eventually pays for itself.

But if you wanted to include the cost factor into it the orange tree may be a better investment since it will take about 44 days to pay for itself versus the 66 days to pay off the sheep.

I do hope when they come out with effects the buildings it will have some type of effect to what you grow or raise though.

Barn - All animals owned produce quicker.
    Rest Tent - Your farmer harvests, gathers, and plows quicker.
    Well - Crops and trees produce quicker.
    Fruit Stand - The profit from all fruit gathered increases.
    Grain Silo - Your crops decay is slowed down.
    Cottage - Experience for picking, plowing, or harvesting gets an additional +1
    Windmill - Allows you to turn certain harvested vegetables like wheat into something else like flour, which you can then in turn sell for more money.
    Farmhouse - $ Gained for picking or harvesting goes up by 10%.
    Greenhouse - Gives you the ability to purchase and invest in new types of plants not already in the game.
    Villa - The $ Gained for picking or harvesting goes up by 25% and the experience boost gets an additional +2

Hay Bale - I think this is how you could create a recurring cost for having animals as the hay bale would feed say 10 animals for 5 days or something like that.
    Barrel - For shipping fruit or milk in bulk which would get you say an additional 10% for profit.
    Crate - Same thing as for a barrel except for crops and other animal products.
    Butter Churn - Gives you the option to turn harvested milk into butter which you can sell for an increased profit.
    Wagons - Specific to what they serve it basically would increase your profits as well since you're absorbing the shipping costs to make money on.

They also need to make fences for the animals so they don't eat the crops since that's a realistic thing that happens on the farm.

That's just kinda where I think this game should go.

I really like that!!! :)

If the buildings n such had those use's that would be so useful!!
    great ideas!! *2 thumbs up!!*
  • langendrieslangendries Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited July 2009
    did you guys consider that
    1. it's very difficult to harvest a tree when you've got all trees set so close together
    2. having a lot of trees/animals slows down farmville really hard..

Theoretically you are correct, but I think it's easier to go with the peppers...
  • ericjgrauericjgrau Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited July 2009
    ^ Indeed. I figured out buying cherry trees could double your profit in only 30 days, then another 50 days gives you the money you would have had with 80 days of peppers. From there you get double profit. In theory. First problem I hit when trying to use trees was that I couldn't walk to them to harvest. So I put plots in between the rows of trees and solved that problem. Second problem was that you can fit over 3000 trees on a farm, or 1000 with plots between rows. You know how long it will take to click on all those trees? So far peppers seem to be the best option unless you're crazy.

Btw, the fastest way to gain levels by far is to plant strawberries in the day and pumpkins before bed. Then you use the money to plant soybeans, delete them immediately, and plant more soybeans. This gives more experience than anything else once you add up the xp from the strawberries/pumpkin (harvested to get soybean money) and the soybeans (deleted w/o growing at all). Make sure you save enough money after the soybeans to replant the strawberries or pumpkins. Even filling your farm with 1000 cherry trees and using that to plant & delete soybeans gives less experience. And peppers give less experience b/c even though they give more money than strawberry/pumpkin, the total experience after adding the experience given by planting peppers is less. So even if you are crazy, do this strawberry/pumpkin/soybean strat instead.
  • timmydoulostimmydoulos Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited July 2009
    In reply to ericjgrau's comments, growing strawberries in the day and sowing pumpkins before bed, then using the money to plant and delete soybeans immediately, may be the fasted way to gain experience, but most people don't have the time to grow strawberries all day.

I find a daily crop of peppers during the week days lets me have a life (and not be tempted to neglect my family to "check on my crops" all the time)

When I get close to a level I've used the strategy of sowing my ungrown soybean crops into the ground (delete them immediately) and save strawberries and pumpkins to the weekend when I have a bit more time to spare.

What I'm saying is, you don't HAVE to be crazy to play!! :)
  • TBLackeyTBLackey Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 4 New to the Forums
    edited July 2009
    So lets say you have an entire orchard of pomengranet trees on the 50 * 50 square, the max production from the land is 2250 coins per day, yes?

So, the villa can be achieved in 15 months at a minimum. Don't think I'll bother trying to get that far. That's a LOT of discipline.

edit: my bad, 2250 coins per hour, and about 19 days to get the villa.
  • hammondfrahammondfra Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited July 2009
    kranser wrote: »
    Very Very good ideas for the buildings Grimdogg - I hope those ideas get implemented. However, I feel the ideas are stretched a little for decorations, and feel that decorations should be simply that - 'for decoration'.

Kranser.

Why in the world would you want them for just decoration? If that was the case then there would be absolutely no point in wanting to have better items and spend time getting the money and neighbors together to expand your farm either. I mean it is your opinion, but think about it for a second; just one second. If you spend 100k on a villa and it did nothing but took the money and gave you x experience points; then honestly what is the point? Oh yeah to make your farm look good..sigh the above example is the same thing I was thinking of the other day about these buildings and such...you can have only so many and have farm land too, so you need to figure out what you want and go from there. Be creative with it...**** I think having animals should be worth more than they are...but hey this is my opinion also.
  • Encyclopedia MaxEncyclopedia Max Muffin Registered User Posts: 13 Muffin
    edited October 2009
    Alternative energy source. Going Green. FV credit for running vehicles from wind mills producing electricity. Calculate average wind source in all world locations and give credit accordingly. (not individual locations. total world wind power/ day) Wind power driving watering from wells. In other words we could create mini Wind Farms on are Farmville farms and save carbon producing fuels. Lots of possibilities. No need to rely on fossil fuels all the time.
  • qube99qube99 Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 85
    edited October 2009
    I figure lime trees at $1 per hour per space.
  • spanish1988spanish1988 Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 16
    edited October 2009
    do yo know how boring would be collecting 6724 pomegranates trees????? xDDDDD

6724 is:

16 trees per cultivating area x 400 (20x20 farm) = 6400
    = 160 160 x 2 ( up and a side) = 320 4 in the corner
  • PGoofPGoof Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited October 2009
    qube99 wrote: »
    I figure lime trees at $1 per hour per space.

Lime trees are 75 per 5 days, that's 15 per day, divide by 24 and you only get 62.5 cents per hour
  • Three RiversThree Rivers Forum Detective Registered User Posts: 344
    edited October 2009
    What about swans and olive trees? Both take up the same amount of space as a pomegranate tree, but have shorter harvest times! I rate the swan as the best profit per space per day in the game (not counting the Akai tree because it costs FC).

Here is my list of the best items (animals and trees, excluding crops) in order of best to worst profit per day. Please note that this list does not consider the amount of space taken per item. For info on the amount of space an item takes, check the thread link in my signature.

FV_Item_Ranking.jpg