Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Start Farmville from scratch on a new platform!! We all love playing!!

CJ_Farmer_43CJ_Farmer_43 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star

Please consider starting farmville 1 on a new platform when adobe ends. Farmville 2 is not the same and I will not be moving over. It makes sence to start a game you know will be popular!!!

Comments

• Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 761 Aged to Perfection
    edited September 26

That shouldn't be necessary. Data and the program are different things, if they can sell the data, images, and the rights to the game another (hopefully more competent) company can put something out that isn't much different than what there is now. Besides, all of the farms are pretty much identical so they would only need to get one working and then apply that code to the other sixty or so. It would take some time and a full team of workers but I don't think that it would be so difficult that it couldn't be done. It would have taken a lot less than three years and 25 farms to have done this in the first place, but remember that Zynga has never had a bad idea that they didn't love and embrace.

• royalpainsroyalpains Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 212 Cupcake Princess
  • HahnJacksonHahnJackson Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
    They should just buy the rights to flash player and create their own version. How hard is it to create a solution to a huge profit margin? Shalom
  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 761 Aged to Perfection
    edited September 28

@HahnJackson said:
    They should just buy the rights to flash player and create their own version. How hard is it to create a solution to a huge profit margin? Shalom

For the company that thought that freezing farms automatically, used to reuse broken code every time they put out a new theme before going home for the weekend instead of fixing it before using it again, permanently broken crafting buildings, and limits where stuff you give away is counted against the number that you are allowed to collect? Probably pretty near impossible.
    They made that "sad decision" three years ago. They have just stopped lying about it.

• jess77jess77 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

I am very saddened by this. I LOVE Farmville. I invested a lot of time and some money collecting animals and am very sad to see it all end. What is gonna happen to my Old Faithful???? :'( Please consider remaking this game to work on a different platform, or at least making it available as a computer game to be played offline. PLEASE???????????????????????????????????????

• nickelpeednickelpeed Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 166 Investigator

**The thing is, if they can save Farmville 2, they can save Farmville. Farmville 2 operated on Flash not too long ago. Zynga developed the Farmville 2 launcher to save it. If they could do that for F2, they can do the same to Farmville. What do they care? They have received MILLIONS from their faithful followers. I am so disappointed. We're all going to lose the thousands of animals, buildings, and ornaments we've collected.
    Look at the thousands and thousands of FC bought. It's very disappointing they do not think highly of the people who made them rich. : :'( **