Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saving Farmville

JosephJoseph Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star

Dear Zynga,

As you probably well know at the end of 2020 December 31, 2020 Adobe Flash Player will be no more and Farmville uses flash player. I want to Save Farmville its one of my favorite games. I know Zynga can fix this or the Developers of farmville can. I was doing some research on this and I found out html5 works and you dont need flash to use it. I am asking Zynga as a fellow player of Farmville and for my fellow players too Save farmville don't let it end!!! Do something anything to keep Farmville s and not let the game end at the end of the year. Zynga please Help us fellow farmville players with some solution. Will there be a replacement for farmville if it does end at the end of the year? Please Save Farmville!!!

Comments

• Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 761 Aged to Perfection

I was thinking that someone should offer them $1 for it. It's not like they would be getting any revenue from it so they'd at least make that amount.

• royalpainsroyalpains Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 209 Cupcake Princess

I don't think its that simple

• nickelpeednickelpeed Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 166 Investigator

**They saved Farmville 2, why not Farmville? Are they just tired of coming up with new farms? Why give us a Halloween theme? We've got so many, just let us play the farms we have now. If they can develop a new plan for Farmville 2, they can do it for Farmville. FV2 operated on Flash not too long ago. They developed FV2 launcher. Develop one for Farmville. It's very disappointing. **

• royalpainsroyalpains Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 209 Cupcake Princess

Because FV2 did not need to be saved. It does not depend on Flash to make it work. No they are not tired of coming up with new farms. This game has 65 farms! It's not that simple to just put it somewhere else and in players had to start over they would not be happy. FV2 has ONE farm. FV1 has 65.

@royalpains said:
    Because FV2 did not need to be saved. It does not depend on Flash to make it work. No they are not tired of coming up with new farms. This game has 65 farms! It's not that simple to just put it somewhere else and in players had to start over they would not be happy. FV2 has ONE farm. FV1 has 65.

The thing is though that all the newer ones are all the same farm with different cartoons. It wouldn't really have taken much if they had decided to do this 3 years ago. They could have fixed the code for one of them and applied it to probably 60 of them now. Code can be reused. It's what they did way back when they would release a theme for the first farm on a Friday reusing broken code and then we dealt with the same bugs for the weekend before they came back on Monday and "fixed" it. They could have reused the fixed code but this is Zynga.

How are they all the same? The farms are nowhere close to the same. The decorations and such are not even close to the same. You assume they could have fixed it but it costs money and it may not be cost effective. I don't know what you are talking about them fixing codes. But it's more complicated. Flash is leaving. There is nothing they can do.

@royalpains said:
    How are they all the same? The farms are nowhere close to the same. The decorations and such are not even close to the same. You assume they could have fixed it but it costs money and it may not be cost effective. I don't know what you are talking about them fixing codes. But it's more complicated. Flash is leaving. There is nothing they can do.

The farms are close to the same but that's irrelevant. The cartoons, crops, and layout are just a bit different on each one. We do the same thing to master all the farms. The code is probably identical with different variable names.
    They could have come up with something now 27 farms ago and could have just done what they are already doing with it. Flash is leaving, yes, but they were well paid for three years but didn't do anything about it. They probably decided then that they were going to get rid of the game. If they didn't they wouldn't have put Daily Delights, countdowns, and farmstands into reruns. A few weeks ago the Medieval Rogue Fox was both a Daily Delights animal and was also available through the countdown that week. It was also a countdown item in September of 2018. Kind of sad, really, especially since pretty much everything follows that pattern. They wanted to take their company in a new direction, which is perfectly fine since they seem to be more successful with that, and they wanted to get rid of this dinosaur. I just don't have any interest in their other games since they all seem to be aimed at kids, but I have always came and went with this one because I'm not at all dedicated to it either. I just don't like how they just pulled the rug out from a bunch of people who really loved it or needed it to get them through rough times. They were planning this all along. Remember how the Dirt Farm FB page posted that they had talked to them to get more information and they said that they didn't know yet but a couple weeks later said that it was going away? They knew.

• Revanche150Revanche150 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star

I have not been able to get on to Farmville for over a month now. I am sorry that Farmville expires Dec. 2020, but I do have Farmville Cash and would like to use it before then being that refunds are not being given. We should be given credits to use with your other games.

How do you know they were well paid? And what does that matter? you assume it's a piece of cake to just transfer this game to another platform. I don't anything about gaming but I don't imagine its that simple. I don't know what games you think are aimed at kids but I don't think they are. FV2 is not a kids game. I don't know any kids who would play it for long. Same with cafe world. They did not pull the rug out. WE all knew Flash was ending this year. Just like you claim Zynga did. Zynga said they would try to fix the game so it would not leave but they were not able to. That's life. All the conspiracy theories and such are not helpful. They made a business decision pure and simple. People need to stop taking this so personally. It's a game. Get lives. I liked the game too but not to the point of crying over it. Life goes on and there are more important things to me then this. You ASSUME they knew. You assume they were planning this all along. And you have proof of that. Their other games are on other platforms. So why would they dump their most popular one? Sorry but your theory just does not make sense