Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Make a Dedicated Facebook List Show the Newest Posts First?

musicalcatmusicalcat Gabby EnthusiastRegistered User Posts: 363 Social Snowflake

This is a Facebook question, not a Zynga question, but maybe someone here can help since others might also use lists for games:
A long time ago, I used Facebook's friend list feature to create a list of only Farmville (and Farmtown) players. Except for the occasional Facebook-related bug, it's generally worked well - it allows me to see all the game posts in one place, and it allows me to hide my game activity from the rest of my friend list.
AND it has always showed the posts in order from newest to oldest, until just a few days ago. Now the posts are out of order, and new posts are buried deep under posts that are 10 and 20 hours old. I'm hoping this is just a glitch and that things will go back to normal soon. If it's not, does anyone know how I can get the list to show the newest posts first (there's a "manage list" button, but it's just for adding and deleting friends to and from the list). Again, this is a dedicated friends list; it's not a page or a group. Thanks!

Comments

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,628 Lord of the Forums

I know what you mean and I don't think you can do that very well any longer due to FaceBook changes, but it is worth a try.

What you want is a List and that option should be on the right side of the FB News Feed fairly farn down the side. You can add all your FV friends and give the list a name.

I have a list like that but it only sort of works. FB randomly also shows me other people, and I'm not sure I see all of my FV friend's FV posts but it is better than the news feed.

• musicalcatmusicalcat Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 363 Social Snowflake

Yeah, I already have the list. The question is why it's no longer showing the newest posts first and whether I can change that.

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,628 Lord of the Forums
    edited June 12

Have you tried setting the News Feed to Most Recent AND bookmarking it, then only access FB through that bookmark, I think that works, but only for the NewsFeed. I read somewhere that FB is doing away with lists so I doubt there is anything you can do to make that always show most recent.

• musicalcatmusicalcat Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 363 Social Snowflake

I do bookmark it and open it every day to get the FV posts, but I don't see a way to set it to most recent.

Hopefully we are talking about the same thing, FB is rolling out an "improved" model, on mine (old FB) there are 3 dots next to the words News Feed on the left side. The 3 dots open a menu that shows Tops Stories, Most Recent and Edit Preferences. Click Most Recent and bookmark that page.

I have it, but when I do that it goes to my regular newsfeed; it doesn't stay on my FV list. I use Facebook for a lot more than Farmville, which is why I created the list of only FV friends.

As far as I can tell you can't set a list to most recent, I can't even get non-close friends off my close friends list, FB really gets annoying.