Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any others having problems with the FEED PANEL?

jlmathewsjlmathews Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 25 Building Expert
edited August 2018 in FarmVille Discussion

No update for a few days now, making it impossible to complete anything.

Best Answer

Answers

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums

Given that there are about 20 posts saying the same thing, yes, others are having the same problem and what has been posted inside many of those posts is that this is a FaceBook problem. Zynga is working hard to fix it, but until FaceBook stops making changes the problem is unfix-able.

• adler1961adler1961 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

Hello
    since 4 days the feed panel is not running
    this way you can not play properly.
    i spent a lot of money on framville
    and expect it to work right
    or because you are really informed about when it will start again.
    many players have the same problem
    and nobody gets an answer; - ((

Greetings from Basel
    Andre Wittersheim

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums

The feeds within the game, both the tab and the panel beneath the farm have been disabled by FaceBook changes. FaceBook wants people to use their News Feed.

• jlmathewsjlmathews Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 25 Building Expert

That gets rid of all the "friends". I have about 4-5 neighbors that show up on News Feed.

• cookmon01cookmon01 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star

I am getting nothing on the Facebook feed about anyone playing Farmville. I don't know what else to do. How can you contact Facebook and tell them they need to fix it. Why does Zynga not give updates about this problem and let us know what to do?

If you don't see FV posts on the News Feed then visit your neighbor's walls, click on and comment on some of their FV posts. That lets FB know that FV is of interest to you and FB will start showing you FV posts. The more you use the FB News Feed for FV (click and comment) the more posts you will see.

Contacting FaceBook or Zynga will not help, the game feeds aren't broken, they have been shut off by FB.

• cathysweeneycathysweeney Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 19 Building Expert

Please Fix the feed panel !!

• JillianHJillianH Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 550 Goldsmith

@Sandy7226 said:
    The feeds within the game, both the tab and the panel beneath the farm have been disabled by FaceBook changes. FaceBook wants people to use their News Feed.

Then why do we get the "I am not a robot" message that does not work? Seems to me like FB want our feeds gone as they also make it very hard to find the ones we can post. I have to go to the home page of all my farmer friends to see the posts.

The Captcha or "I am not a robot" message has nothing to do with the in game feeds. The in game feeds were Zynga's attempt to bypass FaceBook's News Feed and FB has stopped that ability, I never used them, but I realize they were convenient for many players.

If players were using the in game feeds because they had only community neighbors and not FB friends, then they have a significant problem, again this was Zynga attempting to circumvent FaceBook. Their only options would be FB Searches which I think work great or join sharing groups of which there are thousands.

The Captcha (which works for me when I press the tab key) is FaceBook preventing spam. Many people would agree that there are far too many FV posts, many of them needless. You can avoid Captcha by posting less and slower. You can vary the number of similar posts. I have gotten the Captcha message only 3 or 4 times, so it can be avoided.

• KoultigerKoultiger Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star

Most of if not all my FV neighbors are not my friends on FB, so, how do i collect from them ?

• PeelaPeela The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 2,656 Lord of the Forums

maybe try joining some of the groups on FB ... there are oodles and ooodles of them .... then you can collect from the groups and help out others as well ....

• JillianHJillianH Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 550 Goldsmith

FB does not want you to become friends with strangers. It say so everytime you accept a new friend. I am having a really hard time posting to FB. I get the robot message all the time, and no matter how many boxes I check I always have to try again. FB I think has it's own games now and so is not as interested in FV as it used to be.

• SirragSirrag Fisherman Registered User Posts: 155 Saint Spontaneous

Doesn't Zynga and FB have a contract that they have to abide by? FB had to agree too provide services and should have to abide by that agreement and not change things.

• cazza123cazza123 Muffin Registered User Posts: 33 Building Expert

Peela, what are the groups on FB and how do you join them please x

• llizzycllizzyc Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 13 Building Expert

My Feed panel is working but when trying to post the picture shrinks so you have to be quick, something not right here! Very frustrating! ;-)

• PeelaPeela The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 2,656 Lord of the Forums

cazza123 .... if you search in groups you should find some I cant put up any names here as it violates the forum policy .... but there are lots of sharing groups ... and once you are a member you can share with all the other members .... helps you get what you need when the other bits on fb arent working so well ...

This discussion has been closed.