Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nursery Barn and Holsteins

MoodymooMoodymoo PumpkinPosts: 16Registered User Building Expert

Hi Farmers,

I've made sure to stock my Nursery Barn with foals and a calves that I need a grown up equivalent. I do not have a Holstein calf in my Nursery Barn since I already have the cow yet the past 2 times the Nursery Barn has rewarded me with an item, it has been a Holstein. Is this a glitch or is there something I need to do differently? I would say it was a default setting but if it were I would think I'd have a lot more grown up Holsteins than I do now. Any ideas would help. Thanks for reading and also thank you for always being respectful when answering it is a nice change from other forums.

Comments

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Posts: 8,308Registered User Lord of the Forums

Many of the older calves do grow up to be Holsteins regardless of their breed. If you mouse over the calf or foal in the Nursery Barn you can see what it will be.

In general calves and foals released prior to November 2014 do not grow true, those released after that date do. This was intentional, not a mistake.

• MoodymooMoodymoo Pumpkin Posts: 16Registered User Building Expert

Oh wow, I had no idea. I will go and do some mouse hovering. Thanks Sandy7226. You are always so helpful!! Could you answer an unrelated question? Can you explain how neighbors differ from FB friends who play Farmville? Will I be able to post things just to neighbors and not have it go to my FB page? I would love that.

Sorry and back to the original. So I needed to pay up and purchase the horse and cow years ago because I will never be able to grow them. Sad since many are no longer available.

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Posts: 8,308Registered User Lord of the Forums

Yes, you would have to pay FC to grow them up.

As far as posting from FV, you have 2 choices. One is to group everyone and post to that group only, you need to remember to re-customize if you want to post to the other group. The other is to let your non-FV playing friends hide or block FV and that is a lot easier. You could make a post on your wall suggesting that friends who don't play block or hide the game.

Thanks Sandy, apparently I'm not as out of the loop as I thought then. I used to have a group of FV friends but it is out of date. A few days ago I did suggest to my non playing friends to block it, after all, I do it and do not find it to be a big deal. I just didn't know if having people as Neighbors is different or has a different way of posting than FB friends. I've seen people mention a community neighbor feed or something. But I must have read that wrong. Thanks again for your help and for always helping people on the forums and doing it with respect.