Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank You - The 'new' NewsFeed is great!

nichocbnichocb Mazter GuardianRegistered User Posts: 475 Colossal Titan Slayer
edited January 2016 in FarmVille Discussion
Is this a slow yet definitive move towards severing the ties with Facebook?
«1

Comments

  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 766 Aged to Perfection
    edited November 2015
    It looks a bit wonky. I saw stuff on there that I claimed probably 12 hours ago. It told me that I had just missed it. Huh? It was an instagrow that my husband had posted so only one person could claim it and besides, he really doesn't have any friends left.
    Edit: checked his timeline, not only was it about to expire if it hadn't already but it was deleted a couple hours before since he knew that I had already taken it. Hopefully this isn't going to be like the old feeds tab thing where stuff that was locked to someone in particular was visible to everyone. Might have to experiment on this.

    (Waiting the ridiculous 5 minutes, does it hurt to be so incompetent? It must.)
  • illdocilldoc The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,152 Assassin
    edited November 2015
    From what I've heard (don't have the feature yet), it's exactly like the old "feeds below the game" thing. I have heard that there is no "locking" (even if you lock, everyone can see it) and also no like/commenting either. Those of you who enjoy this probably have never seen it before. Those of us who have seen this will probably hope it dies a quick death!
  • MouseWranglerMouseWrangler Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,936 Lord of the Forums
    edited November 2015
    I hope it dies a quick death. I locked something to a friend and someone else claimed it. This is absolutely NOT right.

    Clearly things will be have to sent via private message to make sure the intended recipient gets the item.
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited November 2015
    Definitely NOT something I am happy about.
  • darqladydarqlady The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,321 Cream Corn Champion
    edited November 2015
    I did get a poll and I said not being able to lock was high on the scale of importance
  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 766 Aged to Perfection
    edited November 2015
    darqlady wrote: »
    I did get a poll and I said not being able to lock was high on the scale of importance

    I got the pop up for that and never got the survey. That would have been my answer too.
  • Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited November 2015
    Sparky0 wrote: »
    I got the pop up for that and never got the survey. That would have been my answer too.
    I got the popup on each of my accounts which were in the testing mode. An actual survey never popped up.

    QUESTION:

    Does this new FEED supersede "Friend Lists"? I had several Instagrows targeted for a specific friend but when an attempt was made to collect them, they were told "Sorry but the reward has Expired" meaning, somebody else had to have picked them up.

    If this is the case and since nobody ever "Likes" a post any longer, then this new "FEATURE" SUCKS big time!
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited November 2015
    The Feed Below the Farm supersedes locked posts so you have to send items in messages instead.
  • Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited November 2015
    Sandy7226 wrote: »
    The Feed Below the Farm supersedes locked posts so you have to send items in messages instead.

    I am unaware of how to do this Sandy. Can you help?
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited November 2015
    I am unaware of how to do this Sandy. Can you help?

    Here is Dirt Farmer's page. After you add the extension you right click the blue text in the post and copy the link to a message. Warning, the more people using it the slower it is and a lot of people are using it right now. DF is working on speeding it up.

    http://www.farmvilledirt.com/2013/07/ucutit-df-own-link-shortening-service.html
  • Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited November 2015
    Sandy7226 wrote: »
    Here is Dirt Farmer's page. After you add the extension you right click the blue text in the post and copy the link to a message. Warning, the more people using it the slower it is and a lot of people are using it right now. DF is working on speeding it up.

    http://www.farmvilledirt.com/2013/07/ucutit-df-own-link-shortening-service.html

    Thank you for the link Sandy. It seems to me that in order to use this, you'd have to have already shared out your items which means that they'd have already been dumped into the Global Newsfeed and possible picked up before the "trimmed URL" message could be read.
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited November 2015
    Thank you for the link Sandy. It seems to me that in order to use this, you'd have to have already shared out your items which means that they'd have already been dumped into the Global Newsfeed and possible picked up before the "trimmed URL" message could be read.

    Sorry, I didn't have enough coffee before posting. What I meant to post was the link for DF's Click Trap remover http://www.farmvilledirt.com/2013/06/introducing-dirt-farmer-click-trap.html

    Also you need to turn off Auto Post so that you can cancel out of your post after right clicking and choosing ucutit.
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited November 2015
    Another option that might work is change your posting to "Only Me" then you could Auto Post, copy the ones you want to lock and change the others to Public or Friends or whatever, but that seems kind of cumbersome. I've not tried the Only Me, but I've seen others recommend that.
  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 766 Aged to Perfection
    edited November 2015
    Sandy7226 wrote: »
    Another option that might work is change your posting to "Only Me" then you could Auto Post, copy the ones you want to lock and change the others to Public or Friends or whatever, but that seems kind of cumbersome. I've not tried the Only Me, but I've seen others recommend that.

    The only problem with that is that everyone who has the new newsfeed can see it even if you do that. This is a mess. It needs to either have a lot of work done to it or it needs to go away. The sooner the better.
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited November 2015
    Sparky0 wrote: »
    The only problem with that is that everyone who has the new newsfeed can see it even if you do that. This is a mess. It needs to either have a lot of work done to it or it needs to go away. The sooner the better.

    I agree they could see, but could they claim? I suppose someone will have to test it. Anyway, I think the feed below the game is a waste of resources.

    ============== edited to add ==================

    Sparky is correct - posts published to "Only Me" do show AND can be claimed. So only the first method using ucutit and not actually publishing the post will work.
  • Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited November 2015
    Sandy7226 wrote: »
    I agree they could see, but could they claim? I suppose someone will have to test it. Anyway, I think the feed below the game is a waste of resources.

    ============== edited to add ==================

    Sparky is correct - posts published to "Only Me" do show AND can be claimed. So only the first method using ucutit and not actually publishing the post will work.

    I downloaded the Dirt Farmers software but it still doesn't make any sense. Right Clicking on the SHARE button brings up the Global Settings.
    If you're on the days where shares come from the right side panel, there's nothing to click anyway.
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited November 2015
    Not the Share button, right click the text where is says, for example "Sandy wants to share some Kidney Bean Bushels" and that should open a box that says Open in a new tab, Open in a new window, etc and near the bottom UCut.it which is what you want to click.

    Hope that helps

    I don't understand the "shares come from the right side panel" -- is that auto share? You need to turn that off.
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited November 2015
    Farmer Clyde - to further complicate things UCut.it is apparently not working right now, but DIrt Farmer should have it fixed soon.

    edited to add

    After reading more on Ask Dirt Farmer, it's isn't just UCut.it that isn't working, FaceBook is apparently making changes, to what is unknown at this time. :-)
  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 766 Aged to Perfection
    edited November 2015
    I couldn't collect anything at all yesterday. Today it at least let me click on stuff but it didn't really work. It said that I had just missed a couple bushels that my mother had posted a few minutes before. I know that they didn't get claimed because she's down to only a couple people who play anywhere near regularly and it's all family. I tried collecting them from the feed and surprise surprise, I was able to collect them. This is a disaster on so many levels, plus it seems like it's going to be yet another useless memory hog. It's not like the feeds tab where you only see stuff that's still available.
  • Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited November 2015
    Sandy7226 wrote: »
    Farmer Clyde - to further complicate things UCut.it is apparently not working right now, but DIrt Farmer should have it fixed soon.

    edited to add

    After reading more on Ask Dirt Farmer, it's isn't just UCut.it that isn't working, FaceBook is apparently making changes, to what is unknown at this time. :-)

    Oh Great!

    We have two factions at War. FaceBook which want to minimize SHARES and Farmville which wants to Maximize Shares.

    One GOOD thing out of this melee is that I'm no longer getting that Pink popup stating that "An Error Occurred" when I try to share too much.

    Share%20Failure_zpsjrec0mpz.jpg

    At any rate, I've been able to share hundreds of Winged Unicorn Foals without a single "Error" popup.
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited November 2015
    Sparky0 wrote: »
    I couldn't collect anything at all yesterday. Today it at least let me click on stuff but it didn't really work. It said that I had just missed a couple bushels that my mother had posted a few minutes before. I know that they didn't get claimed because she's down to only a couple people who play anywhere near regularly and it's all family. I tried collecting them from the feed and surprise surprise, I was able to collect them. This is a disaster on so many levels, plus it seems like it's going to be yet another useless memory hog. It's not like the feeds tab where you only see stuff that's still available.

    Yes! We really don't need this.
  • ScallionScallion Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 24
    edited November 2015
    I hope it dies a quick death. I locked something to a friend and someone else claimed it. This is absolutely NOT right.

    Clearly things will be have to sent via private message to make sure the intended recipient gets the item.

    That seems to be happening to me too. I came to the forum to see if it was happening to others. I always lock gifts to friends, I don't want just anyone to get them. :(
  • Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited November 2015
    Scallion wrote: »
    That seems to be happening to me too. I came to the forum to see if it was happening to others. I always lock gifts to friends, I don't want just anyone to get them. :(
    Evidently Zynga sees it differently.......................but then, that's nothing new!
  • FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited November 2015
    That's my biggest complaint with the feeds under the game. It does not respect our ability to lock posts. At least with the feeds tab, you have to be able to pull up the post to be able to claim it.

    That doesn't surprise me that some of the links in the feeds under the game don't work. There is at least one that doesn't work in the feeds tab - the daily stamp countdown item - it won't pull up the post - but they are kind of rare to see in there. (I don't think gopher food or birdseed work either or at least they didn't at one time).
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited November 2015
    That's my biggest complaint with the feeds under the game. It does not respect our ability to lock posts. At least with the feeds tab, you have to be able to pull up the post to be able to claim it.

    That doesn't surprise me that some of the links in the feeds under the game don't work. There is at least one that doesn't work in the feeds tab - the daily stamp countdown item - it won't pull up the post - but they are kind of rare to see in there. (I don't think gopher food or birdseed work either or at least they didn't at one time).

    Also the Vote doesn't show. If the feed below the game isn't going to show everything, then it is pointless.

    I don't lock very many things, but I really appreciate the ability to lock an instagrow or a foal for someone special.
  • elmopaloozaelmopalooza Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 951
    edited November 2015
    I don't see any news feed below the game. I even turned off my adblocker. Where is this feed?
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited November 2015
    I don't see any news feed below the game. I even turned off my adblocker. Where is this feed?

    Another slow roll out, which might have been halted because of player complaints. I know it's annoying to not have something that others are talking about, but I truly see no point in this feature. However, even though you don't have it, don't assume that any FV posts you lock can't be seen and taken by anyone who does have the feature and is your FB friend.
  • MouseWranglerMouseWrangler Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,936 Lord of the Forums
    edited November 2015
    One hint when using ucut: when you click to copy the link make sure you wait for the notification that the link has been copied to the clipboard before you paste the link into a message. Not waiting can result in duplicate links being sent. This is especially true when sending multiple items at the same time.
  • Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited November 2015
    Sandy7226 wrote: »
    Another slow roll out, which might have been halted because of player complaints. I know it's annoying to not have something that others are talking about, but I truly see no point in this feature. However, even though you don't have it, don't assume that any FV posts you lock can't be seen and taken by anyone who does have the feature and is your FB friend.

    What's "annoying" is waiting for that stupid game feed to load while Farmville is loading!
  • Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited December 2015
    Great News!

    A fellow Farmer showed my how to turn off the Games Feed!

    Woo Hoo!

    Now, my "Private Shares" are once again functioning as I want.

    "How do you do this?", you ask?

    Scroll down below the Games Feed and you'll see some menu items for Farmville. Select "Setting" and uncheck the ZFeeds Box.

    Voila! All Gone!

    Thank You to Ginger N.
Sign In or Register to comment.