Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I play FarmVille on my iPad

minoessilvesterminoessilvester Loose CannonRegistered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
edited January 2015 in Ask a Player
I believe the only place it can be played is on a computer via facebook

Comments

• HerriotgirlHerriotgirl Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 32 Building Expert
    edited December 2014
    Yes you can. You can use the farmville express app, but that is next to useless. The problem is that ipads do not support flash sites, but you can easily overcome this.

Go to the app store and download a free browser called photon. Once you have installed it, open it up and on the top right of the page there is a symbol which looks like a lightning flash ( it is next to the normal round settings cog). when you click on the lightning symbol a box comes up saying " Connecting to streaming session for flash websites". Once that has done type www.facebook.com into the address bar and log into your facebook account, you will see your wall as normal. Choose a post to reply to and go to your farm as you normally would. You will have the full website. Don't type farmville into the address bar because that would just take you to the useless farmville express.
    Each time you open the photon browser don't forget to click on the lightning symbol to start the flash browsing.. Since I have discovered this browser, I have been able to play Farmville on my ipad when I am away from my main computer.
  • MoonshineFarmMoonshineFarm Muffin Registered User Posts: 38 Building Expert
    edited January 2015
    Now Photon is not free. Instead of it you can use Puffin :)
  • Hokie CateHokie Cate Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 5 Loose Cannon
    edited January 2015
    I just tried Puffin, that's not free either. :(
  • MoonshineFarmMoonshineFarm Muffin Registered User Posts: 38 Building Expert
    edited January 2015
    Yes! Puffin is free. I installed it yesterday. There are two versions and one of them is free :)
  • Sava129Sava129 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star

I have both versions of Puffin - very poor performance. It crashes all the time. It use to be good but for the last year it’s crappy.

• Sava129Sava129 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star

Can you play FarmVille on Photon without continual crashing?

• PeelaPeela The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 2,659 Lord of the Forums

I dont play fv on my IPad ... did download Puffin ... but havent used it ... and dont know anything about Photon ... maybe someone else will have tried it ... I use a desktop computer for fv

• Mandyjane19Mandyjane19 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star

I play FarmVille on puffin it won’t load the request screen it just keep going with the little bars flashing like it’s trying to load but it just don’t any ideas how to get it to load

• PeelaPeela The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 2,659 Lord of the Forums

I did read on FB that people are having issues trying to use puffin to play FV ... so maybe they have changed something and it isnt compatable anymore ...

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums

I'm passing on information that I read, I have no personal experience with iPad

Apple blocked the Puffin app update on iOS to protect its Safari browser. 

A light browser like Dolphin or Maxthon or Brave or Slimjet might work.

I hope that is helpful to iPad users