Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New suggestion on obstacles

nichocbnichocb Mazter GuardianRegistered User Posts: 475 Colossal Titan Slayer
edited July 2014 in Feedback and Suggestions
I'm hoping after they finish playing "expansion to 28x28 catch-up" they release the parts in SDB's. (We still have 1/2 of Atlantis, EG, and ML to go) My suspicion is they won't put them in SDB's until sometime after then. (I would love to be wrong and see it earlier.) Hopefully when they update the SDB's, they will at least go up to MG (latest farm that has 28x28 expansions).

Comments

• nichocbnichocb Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 475 Colossal Titan Slayer
    edited July 2014
    I'm hoping after they finish playing "expansion to 28x28 catch-up" they release the parts in SDB's. (We still have 1/2 of Atlantis, EG, and ML to go) My suspicion is they won't put them in SDB's until sometime after then. (I would love to be wrong and see it earlier.) Hopefully when they update the SDB's, they will at least go up to MG (latest farm that has 28x28 expansions).

I hope so too - I really like the Atlantis farm, but stopped playing on it as the obstacles were driving me mad! We've been waiting well over 2 years for the SDB's to be updated so it's about time they do! It's been requested enough by players on the forums - I just wish they would listen to us.
  • Smokey265Smokey265 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,849
    edited July 2014
    I don't think they have plans to update the SBDs with parts to clear obstacles. I think that was a concept that has faded into oblivion.

They want us to work harder to clear the obstacles. It would be far too easy if we could do it with SBDs. But that's just my thought.
  • FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited July 2014
    Smokey - I suspect you may be right. I make it a point to clear those obstacles as quickly as I can (before my neighbors lose interest) so mine are gone, but I feel bad for my neighbors who are not so lucky. (I also click on their requests whether I need them or not since I know how difficult they are to clear.) The benefit for me would be that I can dump those parts from my gift box (I stockpile for future expansions)

It's been closer to a year since the SDB's were updated. Maybe 1.5 years. The last farms added to them were HH and ML - and it was a couple weeks after we got a bunch of expansions for HH (I had almost cleared all the obstacles when they were updated).
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited July 2014
    Making us post to the feed for obstacle parts is a bad, bad idea. We should be able to send direct help requests to our neighbors for them. We got chances to do that many farms ago and it worked wonderfully. Why is it that when we like something they take it away? What warped mind does that?

SDBs also need to be updated. It seems the newbies working on this game are totally clueless as to how things were running before they got assigned to this game and nobody knows how it should be done but the players.
  • FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited July 2014
    Actually I think the farmers who struggle with the posting option struggle with the direct help requests as well. I think there were only a couple farms that allowed you to do that - they were more the exception than the rule. (I think the bigger issue is that gifting parts did not work most of the time. Hopefully that has been fixed for future farms) EG allowed you to craft the parts, but I think it was the only one with that option (At the time, I preferred posting to crafting).

I think they are waiting on the SDB's to make sure they have gotten every FC they can from the obstacles. The question I have is how long it will take for them to release them after we get EG & ML expansions.
  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 766 Aged to Perfection
    edited July 2014
    Might I suggest that they don't saddle us with these any more? Almost no one actually likes them. They can have the items as parts of quests for people who do want the items instead and then the art dept. wouldn't have to keep scraping the barrel for ideas. Permanent quest would be good, since there is no time limit on clearing the obstacles. It would be nice if SDBs could be used, but these all need so many of them that it is tiresome to collect those too.
  • nichocbnichocb Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 475 Colossal Titan Slayer
    edited July 2014
    It would be nice if Zynga would actually let us know what they are intending to do, whether keep it the same as they are now or whether at a later date they will allow us to use SDB's for obstacles. If it's the first option then I probably won't play on any new farms they roll out - there's too many now and keeping up with different parts is very annoying/time-consuming.
  • SpiritBloomsSpiritBlooms On Fire Registered User Posts: 711
    edited July 2014
    Smokey265 wrote: »
    I don't think they have plans to update the SBDs with parts to clear obstacles. I think that was a concept that has faded into oblivion.

They want us to work harder to clear the obstacles. It would be far too easy if we could do it with SBDs. But that's just my thought.
    They updated Haunted Hollow, Jade Falls, and Hawaiian Paradise to use SDBs just within the past year. Also Winter Wonderland, if memory serves. A year and a half ago none of those were capable of clearing with SDBs, I know because I was working on beating those farms then.
    edited July 2014
    They updated Haunted Hollow, Jade Falls, and Hawaiian Paradise to use SDBs just within the past year. Also Winter Wonderland, if memory serves. A year and a half ago none of those were capable of clearing with SDBs, I know because I was working on beating those farms then.

I had wondered about when they had last updated. All I remembered it was after the HH expansions were released. I think ML was also included in the update (at least they are in SDB's according to one of my friends)
    edited July 2014
    I had wondered about when they had last updated. All I remembered it was after the HH expansions were released. I think ML was also included in the update (at least they are in SDB's according to one of my friends)

They updated the SBDs to include parts for the Winter Wonderland treasures on 03/19/2012, more than two years ago. Here's a link to the announcement for reference: http://blog.farmville.com/2012/03/special-delivery-box-updates.html

I can't remember when they included the parts for HP and JF (and I can't find an announcement). But I'm pretty sure it's been more than two years also. I don't know about Mistletoe Lane because I cleared those early on. I do know that we cannot use SDBs to clear obstacles on Enchanted Glen because I kept three trolls as decorations and test them regularly. :)

Edit: I just remembered that I kept one obstacle on Mistletoe Lane as a decoration. I tested and you can use SBDs to obtain the parts. :)
    I also kept one obstacle on the Atlantis farm as a decoration (love the seashells) and cannot use SDBs to open it.
    edited July 2014
    Smokey
    HH and ML were released end of 2012, so the last SDB update must have been sometime in 2013. It looks like we got coin expansions for HH mid-December 2012 (according to some of the fan site posts I found in a google search). I know I had worked on the tombs for a while before the parts were in SDB's - I was almost finished with them. So maybe January or February 2013? That would put the last SDB update at about a year and a half.
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, it's definitely been a long time. That's why I was thinking that they were letting the concept fade into oblivion. But now I'm wondering if the "new" developers don't know about the concept and how the system worked in the past. The timing would fit with the change in staff when Zynga downsized and reorganized. Perhaps they will read this thread and revive the practice of updating special delivery boxes. It would certainly be helpful and reduce frustration for a lot of players! :)
    edited July 2014
    It also corresponds to when they forgot to release coin expansions past 20x20. They seem to be catching up on that now (they picked up the pace recently). I think we have 2.5 old farms to go (ML, EG, and .5 of Atlantis). My hope is once they are done with catching up the expansions, they will go ahead and put the parts in SDB's. (If they want to put them in now, I don't have a problem with it)
  • BrneeyoreBrneeyore Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 221
    edited July 2014
    Personally, I like the idea of being able to use coins to clear these obstacles. I use my SDB's to make orchards and upgrade my craftshop (I wish we could use the SDB's to upgrade the last two stalls in the craft shop). I'd prefer to spend my oodles of coins to clear these obstacles. I still have a ridiculous of the obstacles on ML and WW to clear, and I refuse to beg for parts from my neighbors. I honestly don't know who plays and who doesn't anymore, the amount of my neighbors that still play is dwindling on what seems like a daily basis. I don't see how hard it would be to allow us to spend coins on them to clear them.

Brenda
    edited July 2014
    It also corresponds to when they forgot to release coin expansions past 20x20. They seem to be catching up on that now (they picked up the pace recently). I think we have 2.5 old farms to go (ML, EG, and .5 of Atlantis). My hope is once they are done with catching up the expansions, they will go ahead and put the parts in SDB's. (If they want to put them in now, I don't have a problem with it)

Dirt Farmer is reporting that they released two new coin expansions for Atlantis. I don't have time to travel there right now because I'm getting ready to run to the store. But you're right - they are definitely picking up the pace with coin expansions. Hopefully updates to SDBs will follow soon. :)
    edited July 2014
    Yes, they did release 2 for Atlantis - it's up to 28x28. If they continue the pace, I'm expecting 2 for EG next week (and then the next 2 the week after). Followed by ML. All speculation on the timing (but based on what we've seen the past couple of weeks). Then all the "older" farms will be 28x28.

Hopefully they will feel that they can update the SDB's through MG at that point. (Only a hope, with nothing really to base it on)

Then maybe they will start to release expansions for HL (and forward). I suspect the expansions will slow down at that point (since they will almost be caught up)
    edited July 2014
    Yes, they did release 2 for Atlantis - it's up to 28x28. If they continue the pace, I'm expecting 2 for EG next week (and then the next 2 the week after). Followed by ML. All speculation on the timing (but based on what we've seen the past couple of weeks). Then all the "older" farms will be 28x28.

Hopefully they will feel that they can update the SDB's through MG at that point. (Only a hope, with nothing really to base it on)

Then maybe they will start to release expansions for HL (and forward). I suspect the expansions will slow down at that point (since they will almost be caught up)

I will only have the incentive to expand these farms if they make it easier to gain the prizes from the obstacles. I am just hoping that the SDB's will be updated accordingly once these expansion sales are over.
    edited July 2014
    nichocb wrote: »
    I will only have the incentive to expand these farms if they make it easier to gain the prizes from the obstacles. I am just hoping that the SDB's will be updated accordingly once these expansion sales are over.

I can certainly understand your point of view re expanding your farm. The only thing I will add is that it is easier to get parts when other farmers are working on them. For example, right now is a good time to get parts for Atlantis.
  • Katrina GetzKatrina Getz Assassin Registered User Posts: 515
    edited July 2014
    there are 3 with coin expansions up to 28x28 Atlantis, Australia and Mystical Groves