Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 hour and 7 minutes to harvest 12 crops too many share pop ups

Rebecca2Rebecca2 Gabby EnthusiastRegistered User Posts: 193 Fisher
edited May 2014 in FarmVille Discussion
i love to know if any one else has these issues?

Comments

• farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited May 2014
    I did on a slow PC. It got better when I upgraded. I know that's probably not the greatest answer. I don't think they care how anyone with a slow PC suffers because they are probably all working on great computers at Zynga and don't suffer likewise.
  • Rebecca2Rebecca2 Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 193 Fisher
    edited May 2014
    I did on a slow PC. It got better when I upgraded. I know that's probably not the greatest answer. I don't think they care how anyone with a slow PC suffers because they are probably all working on great computers at Zynga and don't suffer likewise.
    that is true
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited May 2014
    I remember listening to a Dirt Farmer podcast and they were interviewing someone from Zynga, who was talking about a great new feature they were working on - flying pegasus (or something like that) that would actually fly across your farm. Someone from Dirt Farmer asked the obvious question - won't that cause a LOT of problems for farmers with older/slower computers? The answer was "oh no, (pause) well, it shouldn't". Thunk! I think Zynga is clueless as to the problems all their cute animated graphics cause.
  • Katrina GetzKatrina Getz Assassin Registered User Posts: 515
    edited May 2014
    they should play the game on a standard Home computer.
  • PaganiZondaPaganiZonda The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,194 Assassin
    edited May 2014
    A tale of two standard home computers...

In March, a friend bought a brand new computer with pretty decent specs... Quad Core with hyperthreading and all the gimmicks. Just last week they were complaining that the computer wasn't working properly and that "xxxxxx" is a crappy brand, and they wasted so much money bla bla bla. I took a quick look at the computer and one of the first problems I noticed was they had installed so many toolbars that when you started Mozilla Firefox, half the browser page was covered in toolbars! There were numerous other gremlins and hidden background processes that were slowing down the device. Anyhow, took care of it and now it's back to running like a charm.

On the flip side, I have a computer that is a solid 7-years old. But it runs like a dream machine. Never had to do a system restore or a format or whatever. I just do the regular oil changes and maintenance and it has been clear sailing pretty much. So apart from the computer's ability to handle flash games, the operator also contributes majorly to the equation.
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited May 2014
    That's very true PZ, it isn't the computer so much as what is on it and the FV computers probably have nothing but FV.
  • Jori19fJori19f Learning the Ropes Registered User Posts: 26
    edited May 2014
    At least your farm loads. I havent been able to load my farm since Thursday night. It just sits at 99% loaded. =(