Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New farm theme released

nichocbnichocb Mazter GuardianRegistered User Posts: 475 Colossal Titan Slayer
edited May 2014 in FarmVille Discussion
Yes, we really need another farm. This theme looks interesting. I've always wanted to create a desert oasis farm, but the only option was using the desert background on the Home farm. I'm looking forward to this one! :)

Comments

• FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited May 2014
    Does it matter if we need another farm? We will get one whether we think we need it or not. And I suppose if they stopped releasing them we might have to worry about the game.

To be honest, my brain kind of filters out the background. I barely notice them anymore. I could not tell you what most of the farms look like beyond a vague description.

For those who like themes, I think there was stuff released a long time ago for that style of farm. If they design it right, it could have a very nice look to it. (And I'm glad you are looking forward to it Smokey.)
  • Katrina GetzKatrina Getz Assassin Registered User Posts: 515
    edited May 2014
    I wouldn't mind so much when it was released if they included expansions up to 24x24 for coin at least then you could put pens on it for the inevitable locked animals and added a new server or 2 to handle the increase in programing *sigh*
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited May 2014
    I wouldn't mind so much when it was released if they included expansions up to 24x24 for coin

^this. If they released farms that were much larger than 12x12, we would not see so many people quitting. It should start at a minimum of 22x22 with a few coin expansions above that. Only the bigger expansions (38x38 and above) should be for FV cash and there should still be discounts offered at a higher discount each week that the farm gets older, up to 90%.

If I were the Zynga boss, that is what I would do.
  • gailatfvgailatfv Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,852 The Chosen One
    edited May 2014
    Bad timing for me on this one. I have a gigantic family reunion at my house coming up in a month and there are a ton of things that have to be done in real life. Our son from Thailand is coming home with his new bride so that is going to take priority over farming. :D
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited May 2014
    If they released farms that were much larger than 12x12, we would not see so many people quitting. It should start at a minimum of 22x22 with a few coin expansions above that. Only the bigger expansions (38x38 and above) should be for FV cash and there should still be discounts offered at a higher discount each week that the farm gets older, up to 90%.

If I were the Zynga boss, that is what I would do.

Excellent idea
  • Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited May 2014
    nichocb wrote: »
    Just noticed that Dirt Farmer have released the new farm theme - Oasis Desert (or something to that effect). What do you guys think? Do you we really need another farm?....
    OOOO Yeah!

I hope we can grow some "clown scorpions" for use on the dart board! Or maybe Craft some Agave Cactus into Tequila shots to sell at the "Watering Hole"!

Sounds really exciting!
  • JellyZJellyZ Cream Corn Champion Registered User Posts: 1,043
    edited May 2014
    I wouldn't mind so much when it was released if they included expansions up to 24x24 for coin at least then you could put pens on it for the inevitable locked animals and added a new server or 2 to handle the increase in programing *sigh*

I agree.. it's a pain now that they don't release coin expansions for the newer farms until really really late in the game...

The new farm is the Egyptian Oasis, right? It should be interesting. But like Gail, I will be away from farming for a little bit during the summer.. will see how this one goes...
  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 766 Aged to Perfection
    edited May 2014
    JellyZ wrote: »
    I agree.. it's a pain now that they don't release coin expansions for the newer farms until really really late in the game...

The new farm is the Egyptian Oasis, right? It should be interesting. But like Gail, I will be away from farming for a little bit during the summer.. will see how this one goes...

I don't know if this happened with anyone else but I got so bored with the Emerald Valley big backyard, aka "farm", that we had no expansion for that I gave up on it after doing it for a couple weeks and still haven't gone back. I had intended to have one farm that I finished before the next one came out but with planting after planting and never getting enough parts to craft (blech) parts to be able to do the 5th animal in the Tin Man Fountain and the utter stinginess in giving us Munchkin hats or enough bushels to ever craft (blech again, why are the so desperate to force us to craft?!?!?) them it just got to be too much. Mistletoe Lane became my second most hated farm so I gave in and finished that one instead. This new one isn't any better with anchors so I'm not even going to bother starting that until an expansion or two, which is what I usually do. Hawaii was a lot easier when I was able to do all of the current coconut expansions and actually have some room to plant, so why not? I'm working on El Dorado at the moment, and kinda sorta working on Atlantis. They have pretty much made everything disposable at this point, including stuff that they could be making money from like horses or trees, and that's a shame. Some of the stuff from the old days was nice and it was fun to see what people were doing with their farms.
  • MouseWranglerMouseWrangler Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,936 Lord of the Forums
    edited May 2014
    No, we don't need a new farm. Zynga doesn't care anyway, they don't listen to us.
  • danequindanequin On Fire Registered User Posts: 721
    edited May 2014
    I hope they don't add another building similar to the Emporium like they have for the last few farms I HATE THOSE THINGS they take way too many bushels to get the parts to expand, and having to craft all the parts for a bunch of goofy looking animals, and it takes about a week to craft the last part because all you have to do is craft about 300 2 hour parts to make all the other **** needed, while there is some parts you don''t even use....
  • meisdianemeisdiane Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited May 2014
    I love my home farm. I have been playing long enough to have collected beautiful decorations for every holiday, every season. I don't think I will buy the right to another far. I want to make one farm big enough to have different sections for different worlds because I want everyone to visit my home farm because I put a lot of time in decorating it. The flash player freezes up to much to be able to get to each farm.
  • mizzlizzmizzlizz Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 3 New to the Forums
    edited May 2014
    I remember we had some desert themes before, I do hava a lot of sandpatches, cactus and stuff in storage. Honestly I don't need another farm. Home is still my favorite and large, the others I do, but only 2 or 3 at a time, I keep the others closed. It's too much really.

Another thing, maybe there is a topic about this, but I couldn't find it. I would like to play on the iPad, but there is no way. Maybe there could be an app, like there used to be one for the iPhone.
  • mizzlizzmizzlizz Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 3 New to the Forums
    edited May 2014
    I agree with you totally!
  • Katrina GetzKatrina Getz Assassin Registered User Posts: 515
    edited May 2014
    and just for fun, Zynga should test each new feature on a standard home computer, maybe then some of the recurring bugs would be fixed
  • darqladydarqlady The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,321 Cream Corn Champion
    edited May 2014
    I love the idea of a desert. I have all the Indian and Egyptian and cowboy themed items- some have been moved onto the desert section of Australia, but an entire farm for them - great!!! When we had the poll a while back that was my #1 choice.

I love new farms. You don't HAVE to actively work each one. I actively plant them, but with unwithers plentiful I don't feel like I actually have to go manage them daily. So you visit when you want and perhaps spend time rearranging or adding some new things from your gift box... or in case you hadn't finished decorating, do more.

I think for those of us who enjoy the decorating aspect of the game, new farms are fun. I visit my neighbors periodically to see what they have done and frankly 95% of them have all their decorations shoved together on one side and this big boring mass of planted plots in the middle. So new farms for them mean more crop land. For me it means more decorating opportunity.

ML is one of my favorite farms... the background meshed nicely with so many of my decorations. I need to remove more plots- my town needs expanding...more roads to place...

Interestingly enough I love the CP farm. The background colors are bold and the mardi-gras, NY eve and crystal stuff goes well. It is cluttered at the moment- I need to expand it...
  • jetlordjetlord Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 339
    edited May 2014
    My goal is to beat the farms and master all the crops. With the new farms coming out so soon after coin expansions of the previous ones, it's hard to keep up. I feel we should have at least a month of 20x20 coin expansion before any new farm is released. The Tin Man and Emporium are time consuming, but doable without expansions. Crop mastery is impossible with a 12x12 and I'm about ready to give it up.
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited May 2014
    I don't know how anyone manages anything on a 12 X 12 farm and I admire those that do. The first thing I do with a new farm is expand it to 24 X 24, that's about the only thing I will spend money on, playing on a smaller farm just frustrates me no end.

I really think Zynga would keep more players longer if they immediately had coin options up to 24 X 24 on all new farms. Then maybe I would spend FC more often than every 8 weeks and buy things like trees, animals and crops.
  • gailatfvgailatfv Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,852 The Chosen One
    edited May 2014
    I plug away at the crops on my tiny 12 x 12 until the coin expansions come. I used to love to decorate but it is impossible to do with such a small farm so I have pretty much dumped the decorating and no longer spend FC for decorations and horses. Zynga cut their own throat on that one. By the time the farm gets big enough to decorate, I figure what's the point as another new one is out and I just end up moving on once I master the crops. It's a shame we don't have more time to enjoy a farm before another one comes down the pike. I would pay FC for decorative items but I don't see the point in decorating anymore, especially since all my real-life friends have quit playing so nobody sees the decorations anyway.
  • FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited May 2014
    gailatfv wrote: »
    I plug away at the crops on my tiny 12 x 12 until the coin expansions come. I used to love to decorate but it is impossible to do with such a small farm so I have pretty much dumped the decorating and no longer spend FC for decorations and horses. Zynga cut their own throat on that one. By the time the farm gets big enough to decorate, I figure what's the point as another new one is out and I just end up moving on once I master the crops. It's a shame we don't have more time to enjoy a farm before another one comes down the pike. I would pay FC for decorative items but I don't see the point in decorating anymore, especially since all my real-life friends have quit playing so nobody sees the decorations anyway.

I do the same thing - plug away at the 12x12 until we get the coin expansions to 20x20. I usually finish up shortly after the new farm comes out. I do wish we had more time to enjoy each farm's theme, but I don't think slowing down new farms is in their plans. (Actually I think the pace is hurting their ability to come up with compelling storylines for the quests. Not that I'm doing quests anymore, but when I did, it seemed like the last few were losing continuity.)
  • belle7478belle7478 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,202
    edited May 2014
    Riviera is the first I've played for more than a minute since Atlantis. I saved up FC and bought some expansions right away because it is the only way to make headway on mastery and bushels for crafting.(Did same for Atlantis) Planting to get 50 plots/two bushels is not worth it to me; I'd rather just skip the farm, which is what I usually do now. Couldn't/wouldn't do FC expansions for every farm, but it is the only way I will enjoy playing it. The odds of me doing that for two farms in a row are pretty small,esp. since they pretty much keep the same formula from farm to farm.

ETA- And like others said, still no room to buy decorations, so whatever is gained in expansion sales is probably lost here.
  • ice rok the sequelice rok the sequel Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 110
    edited May 2014
    WOW!! Another farm! Sounds good though except for the 12 x 12 part. I know the one thing I learned from starting off a teeny weeny farm is to get rid of the unnecessary buildings. That is the first thing I do. There is just no room for them. The carnival plaza was taking up way too much room and the 'surprise' gifts in the future etc. etc. were not appealing enough to take up plot room. I bought a few expansions but still .... 150 plots?? 4 bushels a planting? the avatar wandering around ***** nilly???? 45 fc early buy in only to get hit up with starter packs for more fc????? all for a 12 x 12?? No offence Z but I was rewarded much more gracefully in JF and far more abundantly in HH. No more early buy ins for this gal. Ya'll go ahead , I'll catch up with you further down the road when the new farm is capable of being bigger lol
  • benniganbennigan Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 587 Goldsmith
    edited May 2014
    I would say again that they have outsmarted themselves, but for the life of me I see nothing smart.
  • marlene5889marlene5889 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 844 Forum Meister
    edited May 2014
    gailatfv wrote: »
    Bad timing for me on this one. I have a gigantic family reunion at my house coming up in a month and there are a ton of things that have to be done in real life. Our son from Thailand is coming home with his new bride so that is going to take priority over farming. :D

Gail - congrats on your son and his new wife. Hope all goes well and that you have a lovely time with your family.

There are a few of us with limited time over the summer months. I manage an amateur football team on a voluntary basis and our season has just started. Added to that we have the Commonwealth Games here in the UK (Scotland actually) and I am volunteering for that as well as the start of the Tour De France Cycle race and again I'm one of the volunteers. Sandy I know is having an addition to her family and will be on grandma babysitting duties and I think that it may be Farmerdoofus crossing the pond to spend some time in Europe for summer. As well as the awful winter we've had everyone would want to enjoy some summer sun and fresh air.

So all in all I'm not sure how much farming is getting done this summer - perhaps they should delay the launch of a new farm.
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited May 2014
    ...and I think that it may be Farmerdoofus crossing the pond to spend some time in Europe for summer.

Sounds like a wonderful idea, but no that's not me. I only go to Europe when I escape into a good book. :-)
  • Hollie TwoHollie Two Loose Cannon Facebook Connect User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited May 2014
    I wouldn't mind the extra farms so much if they didn't make things so difficult.

You used to be able to buy expansions with coins but now, you have to use farm cash around the 20x20 mark. They don't issue any sales on any of the older farms, especially Atlantis, Australia, Enchanted Glen, Mistletoe Lane, and Jade Falls.

For some farms, they've placed the little side things where you have to make munchkin hats, anchors, etc. in order to earn unwither rings. I have no problem with this IF its the same for ALL farms!!! I hate being forced to use Farm cash to purchase items that are on one farm but not on another (if I really want it).

I hate the fact that the crafting buildings (such as the Jungle Hideaway, Hollybright Parks, etc.) do not provide enough parts to expand by clearing orders before you reach the very last order and so you as a gamer are forced to waste time growing bushels to expand OR you can - ta da use farmcash!

When you e-mailed customer service, they used to be really good too. Now they are really condescending and don't really help much at all.
  • tig1196tig1196 The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 101
    edited May 2014
    I would much more prefer 12-week farms instead of 8. It seems like we just get a new farm when it's time to start another. Even 16 weeks between launches would be fine by me.

Oh, and this:
    No, we don't need a new farm. Zynga doesn't care anyway, they don't listen to us.