Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New crops in the market :)

nichocbnichocb Mazter GuardianRegistered User Posts: 475 Colossal Titan Slayer
edited May 2014 in FarmVille Discussion
Those crops are all part of the new Bushel Baby feature that was introduced a few days ago. Also there is new crop introduced today, Festive Maracas 12 hrs that might be part of the upcoming Leaderboard? (the crop is misspelled in the Market as Marracas)

Comments

• farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited April 2014
    Yes, festive maracas will be on today's new leaderboard. I already mastered the 6 bushel baby crops. I check for new crops daily since it is one of the few things I will work on. I sort the market by mastery progress to find them. Note: I never buy or master the FV cash crops. They can sit and rot there.
  • MIB4MIB4 Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 959
    edited April 2014
    Exactly the same as farmerdoofus. Always check each day the the farm cash crops will sit there forever :-)
  • gailatfvgailatfv Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,852 The Chosen One
    edited April 2014
    MIB4 wrote: »
    Exactly the same as farmerdoofus. Always check each day the the farm cash crops will sit there forever :-)

Yep, me too.
  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 766 Aged to Perfection
    edited April 2014
    Adding a "me too" for the cash crops. Remember when they decided that they wanted money for their second birthday and started doing that? That really required a lot of chutzpah!
    edited April 2014
    Yep, and I stupidly actually got the first few cash crops, then they made the mistake of having a sponsored one only available to US players at which point I realized I couldn't master them all and that using FC for them was a waste of what I had so I stopped :-)
  • FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited April 2014
    As far as I'm concerned, the cash crops don't actually exist.

I'm planning to master the bushel baby crops and work on the babies at the same time. (Just waiting a few days to make sure the bugs are worked out)
    edited April 2014
    And there we part ways. I have already mastered the bushel baby crops and have no intention of doing the babies at all.
  • gailatfvgailatfv Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,852 The Chosen One
    edited April 2014
    Again, I'm on board with Rich. I have 1 more bushel baby crop to go but I won't go anywhere near the babies!
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited April 2014
    I don't plant the cash crops, I used to, I was determined to "master them all" then the crops started going up and up in price so I quit that goal. Now all the crops are mastered except Honey Suckle (misspelled) which will be done as soon as I have enough seeds.

I am doing the Bushel Babies, for no good reason, so far they haven't been too bad, but they are sure to get worse and to get the actual baby you have to do them twice - heavy sigh.
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited April 2014
    Sandy, use the seeder on your largest farm that is already plowed and continuously plant any quantity of honeysuckle seeds you have. The seeder will continue to plant until the entire farm is full. I mastered the crop on one planting...also using super fertilizer and a bushel from swap.
    edited April 2014
    I quit the cash crops a long time ago because:
    1. Too many of them released too often
    2. Prices increased
    3. This was the last straw reason: mis- coded/ invisible crop that could not be harvested. The fix was to fertilize them and then they could be harvested even though they were still invisible. I will never spend money on a cash crop again.
  • jetlordjetlord Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 339
    edited April 2014
    Sandy, use the seeder on your largest farm that is already plowed and continuously plant any quantity of honeysuckle seeds you have. The seeder will continue to plant until the entire farm is full. I mastered the crop on one planting...also using super fertilizer and a bushel from swap.
    Yep, that's what I do. Luckily, the Wildlife building spits out 20 seeds at level one so you can use a four by four combine and plant a whole large farm without bothering to expand the building past that level.
    edited April 2014
    Yep, that is the only good thing about the seed splitter crops, the ability to plant a whole farm with just a pack of 20 using the seeder. Long may that glitch continue :-)
  • FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited April 2014
    Shhh . . . they tend to fix the things that benefit us. Remember when we used to be able to preview the crop and plant it? Shhhh

The longer I procrastinate on the bushel babies, the less likely I am to do them
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited April 2014

Hmmmmm - I tried that with the Combine, but not with the Seeder, running off to try it.....

Thank you! That worked, I couldn't use a Turbo, but it did let me plant the whole farm manually with the Seeder. I was only a few hundred short, but it is so nice to be able to cross that off my To Do list.
    edited April 2014
    Doesn't work with the combine. You need to prepare the plots first with the tractor and then use the seeder manually (ie no turbos).

Once you have planted the farm you can leave it to grow, apply organic fertiliser, instagrow etc as usual. Personally I always use the organic fertiliser and then instagrow and harvest the crop straight away to be on the safe side but that is just me being too cautious :-)
  • darqladydarqlady The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,321 Cream Corn Champion
    edited April 2014
    AHA- I was trying the combine as well. But since I am one of the insane ones who makey the spitters to completion, I don't need the trick since I will be drowning in seeds before I die anyway...

I DO do the cash crops... but not really for mastery although I do get them mastered soon. I plant them on Home, England and sunshine because the don't wither... and if they are pretty enough I can use them on the farms that I don't have rings on for decoration. I know. i have enough unwithers now to immediately unwither a farm on load, but I like knowing the colors aren't fading even when I am not looking at it :) Some of the past flowers look lovely on England in small 4x8 patches. WW has the candycanes from several years ago as a fence/hedge in front of some houses and a border elsewhere... So I buy the cash ones to check them out for their decorating potential :)

For those of you who never thought of that- test out the fertilized version.... Some crops look better unfertilized and you can't undo the fertilization.

Of course once you start decorating with cash crops, you can never use a turbo on that farm....
    edited April 2014
    Hmmm, I could have sworn I used a combine with my seed spitter crops but I have them all mastered so I am just depending on my admittedly poor memory. I'm sure there will be another one along shortly so I will try to remember to note which machinery I am using. This latest one is the first one I have actually ever built to completion because I liked the looks of it. Unfortunately, I forgot it would have that stupid pink bubble hanging over it all the time. Sure wish we could just tell it we didn't want to harvest any more seeds and do away with that.
    edited May 2014
    Once again we agree Gail (this is getting boring lol). I wish they could be turned off just so they are decorations. This is about the third one I have completed as most of them I don't like.

Regarding using the turbo, that worked for me with the first ever seed splitter crop but didn't work with the next two and I haven't tried using it since (as all it did when it didn't work was waste a turbo and the seeds I had collected so rather than take the risk I just spend the extra couple of minutes using the seeder).
    edited May 2014
    MIB4 wrote: »
    Once again we agree Gail (this is getting boring lol).

LOL I'll work on starting an argument with you, Rich, just to pep things up. I'm ordinarily pretty ornery so it shouldn't take me long! :rolleyes:
    edited May 2014
    Lol Cool, should be fun :-)