Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sending 'Mini Mattocks' and 'Hand Brushes' out as Gifts and getting none back!!

nichocbnichocb Mazter GuardianRegistered User Posts: 475 Colossal Titan Slayer
edited February 2014 in Bug Reporting
I thought we had to post a request to the News Feed to get parts to clear these obstacles. How are you able to send the parts as Gifts?

Comments

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited February 2014
    Smokey you can send them as gifts but in order to send them back the person HAS to be on the El Dorado farm. So most of what people send they do not get back.

I think they only appear on the gift page if you are on the El Dorado farm and have refreshed.
  • Smokey265Smokey265 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,849
    edited February 2014
    Okay, I see what they're doing. I hadn't even noticed that the parts appear on the Free Gifts page if you are ON the El Dorado farm.

So, for the gift to even work, the friend has to be on their ED farm to accept and return, and I would have to be on ED to accept it.

Sounds like the odds of this happening are pretty slim! But it's good to have it as an option, I suppose. Thanks for the info, Sandy! :)
  • nichocbnichocb Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 475 Colossal Titan Slayer
    edited February 2014
    Sandy7226 wrote: »
    Smokey you can send them as gifts but in order to send them back the person HAS to be on the El Dorado farm. So most of what people send they do not get back.

I think they only appear on the gift page if you are on the El Dorado farm and have refreshed.

Thanks for this info Sandy :)

Surely Zynga could code this so that the gift shows in my neighbours giftboxes as the thing I have sent!! Getting rather annoyed at Zynga's underhand tactics to stop us from gaining things we need.
  • 1n0nlyFairyNuff1n0nlyFairyNuff Party Starter Registered User Posts: 550
    edited February 2014
    Welcome to my world :( Can't finish any of the artifact farms. Still trying to get enough toadstools....and it must be a year since we got that farm.
    edited February 2014
    I tested sending both of these gifts and it does work. I just got 5 Mini Mattocks and 10 Hand Brushes returned. Amazing!

Thanks for posting this question, Nichocb. I will be able to clear the obstacles much faster if this kind of help continues. :)

Edit: And thanks again to Sandy for the detailed explanation. That's why I love coming to the forums. Very helpful members. :)
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited February 2014
    Without this forum and fan sites like Dirt Farmer I would have quit ages ago.
  • nichocbnichocb Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 475 Colossal Titan Slayer
    edited February 2014
    Wahey, I've just got one back...thats going to go far! Hoping to get more soon as I'm just gifting some out.
    edited February 2014
    Welcome to my world :( Can't finish any of the artifact farms. Still trying to get enough toadstools....and it must be a year since we got that farm.

I'm feeling your pain. Which farm are you stuck on, can't remember the one that needs toadstalls - is that the Haunted Hollow or Enchanted Glen? On HH you can use SDB's and on EG you can craft parts to get rid of the obstacles.
  • chittchitt Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 277
    edited February 2014
    I complained about this weeks ago. I have cleared 2 mounds of crud so far, yet have sent out thousands of mini mattocks and brushes with very few ever returned. It's enough to make me quit playing.
    edited February 2014
    chitt wrote: »
    I complained about this weeks ago. I have cleared 2 mounds of crud so far, yet have sent out thousands of mini mattocks and brushes with very few ever returned. It's enough to make me quit playing.

Have you talked to your friends about the gifts (ie, must be on the El Dorado farm to accept and return)? Maybe they need some guidance in how the system works. I'm going to post a status update for my FB friends today. I hope to get better returns once they know what the deal is. Since I just found out about it, I figure they might not know either. So it's time to share the info! :)
  • dixieaingealdixieaingeal Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 423
    edited February 2014
    I have sent hundreds of hand brushes to friends while on E D & make it a point to be on that farm when opening the gift request envelope since I read that you need to them from there, the friend needs to send them back on that farm & you have to open the envelope on E D for them to make it into you gift box but even that trick does not work. We have way too many obstacles as it is & stuff to beg for, I've given-up on the charmed clippers b/c as with the hand brushes you get the same result, NOTHING!
    edited February 2014
    I have sent hundreds of hand brushes to friends while on E D & make it a point to be on that farm when opening the gift request envelope since I read that you need to them from there, the friend needs to send them back on that farm & you have to open the envelope on E D for them to make it into you gift box but even that trick does not work. We have way too many obstacles as it is & stuff to beg for, I've given-up on the charmed clippers b/c as with the hand brushes you get the same result, NOTHING!

This has been driving me mad for weeks. On average I have been getting one a week from 900 sent. I just wish Zynga would make it easier to get the things we need. Wishful thinking eh? :/
    edited February 2014
    Very wishful thinking nichocb, I wish they would either fix the bugs with sending the items needed for all these obstacles or better yet, STOP putting them on these new farms. I stopped sending them since we do not get them back.
    edited February 2014
    That unfortunately does not work, I have done that with the friends who know about this & none of them appear in my gift box. The crowbar for the Las Vegas farm (as I call our Christmas farm from last year) was the only obstacle item that would appear & for me it did not matter what farm I was on for that one. It would be nice if Z would fix this glitch with all the other items we need to remove this stuff or let us use our SDB's.
    edited February 2014
    Guess this is an issue that does not matter one bit to any of the moderators!
  • Chocolate HeartChocolate Heart Super Moderator Super Moderator Posts: 2,206 Lord of the Forums
    edited February 2014
    Howdy everyone,

I have taken note of this issue regarding the hand brushes and mini mattocks not being received on your end. Actually, I've already indicated this on my report yesterday so the team can investigate if there's a possible bug with this item. Sorry for not informing you earlier that I already conveyed your concern to our Studio. I'll keep you in the loop as soon as I hear some news regarding this. Thank you for understanding. :)
    edited February 2014
    Howdy everyone,

I have taken note of this issue regarding the hand brushes and mini mattocks not being received on your end. Actually, I've already indicated this on my report yesterday so the team can investigate if there's a possible bug with this item. Sorry for not informing you earlier that I already conveyed your concern to our Studio. I'll keep you in the loop as soon as I hear some news regarding this. Thank you for understanding. :)

Thank you Chocolate Heart, could you possibly ask whether the studio team could change the way that these are shown in the giftbox so that they are shown on the farm that our neighbours are on? I haven't recieved any hand brushes all week due to my neighbours not being on the El Dorado farm when accepting them. Thanks once again.
    edited February 2014
    Chocolate Heart, thank you but could you also ask them to make it so it does not matter which farm we are on to send them & receive them? For both the Charmed Clippers & the Hand Brushes (& the other two items) only appear on those specific farms as gifts but the person you're sending them to having to be on those farms along with us having to be on those farms to send them is just absurd IMHO.
  • Chocolate HeartChocolate Heart Super Moderator Super Moderator Posts: 2,206 Lord of the Forums
    edited February 2014
    nichocb wrote: »
    Thank you Chocolate Heart, could you possibly ask whether the studio team could change the way that these are shown in the giftbox so that they are shown on the farm that our neighbours are on? I haven't recieved any hand brushes all week due to my neighbours not being on the El Dorado farm when accepting them. Thanks once again.
    Chocolate Heart, thank you but could you also ask them to make it so it does not matter which farm we are on to send them & receive them? For both the Charmed Clippers & the Hand Brushes (& the other two items) only appear on those specific farms as gifts but the person you're sending them to having to be on those farms along with us having to be on those farms to send them is just absurd IMHO.

Howdy Farmers,

Don't worry nichocb and dixieaingeal, I will definitely convey your suggestion and ideas to our Studio so they can take a necessary course of action. I do believe that your feedback will make the game better. Thanks a lot! :)
    edited February 2014
    Howdy Farmers,

Don't worry nichocb and dixieaingeal, I will definitely convey your suggestion and ideas to our Studio so they can take a necessary course of action. I do believe that your feedback will make the game better. Thanks a lot! :)

Thank you Chocolate Heart! I look forward to having this issue resolved.
  • newromomnewromom Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 55
    edited February 2014
    Now I know why I haven't received any hand brushes back. I never heard of having to be on ED to accept them and send them ( and most neighbors probably haven't either). I truly hope Chocolate Heart's input will change this. It has been very frustrating!!Also, it doesn't seem that the gifts are in any particular order. I hate having to search through all the pages... A search box would be nice.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file