Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this right?

nichocbnichocb Mazter GuardianRegistered User Posts: 475 Colossal Titan Slayer
edited February 2014 in FarmVille Discussion
You might be having trouble finding numbers on Super crops because Z themself has stated that the Super crops are not working properly. I haven't heard that it's been corrected yet.

Comments

• nichocbnichocb Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 475 Colossal Titan Slayer
    edited January 2014
    Mmmine2 wrote: »
    You might be having trouble finding numbers on Super crops because Z themself has stated that the Super crops are not working properly. I haven't heard that it's been corrected yet.

Thank you very much Mmmine2 - I hate when the super crops don't work properly as they are an essential part to crafting. What I hate further is that Zynga claim that bushel rates are higher than ever - I certainly haven't seen very much of this... :(
  • BrneeyoreBrneeyore Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 221
    edited January 2014
    Try fertilizing with a fertilize all. I found that helps increase the bushel yield.
  • nichocbnichocb Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 475 Colossal Titan Slayer
    edited January 2014
    Brneeyore wrote: »
    Try fertilizing with a fertilize all. I found that helps increase the bushel yield.

I will have to try that, but still unsure as to what the 'super crop' bushel yield should be as a guide. It seems like I am using more fuel to plant these crops than it does to get bushels to gain fuel from.
  • Smokey265Smokey265 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,849
    edited January 2014
    Zynga says that the regular Fertilize All does not increase bushel yield, but the new Super Fertilizer will.

And it sounds like they are still working out the bugs on the Bushel Report feature, according to this article:

https://support.zynga.com/article/farmville/Bushel-Report-en_US-1390338383454

I still don't have the feature, so that tells me that they are trying to "tweak it" before rolling it out to everyone.

Hopefully, the Super Crops will have a bushel yield more consistent with what we're used to once it's tweaked. :)
  • pianoplayer88keypianoplayer88key The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,403 The Boss
    edited January 2014
    I have the Bushel Report feature, but haven't tested it on any Super crops since I got it. I suppose I could test it on the Forbidden Lilies on Jade Falls, maybe? (They seem to behave similar to Super Crops.)
    Also, could anyone test it on a Super land crop on Jade and Australia, or whichever have been the highest and lowest bushel yielding farms? I really don't want to unwither my Super Yellow Melons on Australia, as that's my farm I use to "appear" inactive / burned out. :p (I picked that one because of its reputation for low bushel yield.)
  • MouseWranglerMouseWrangler Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,936 Lord of the Forums
    edited January 2014
    Smokey265 wrote: »
    I still don't have the feature, so that tells me that they are trying to "tweak it" before rolling it out to everyone.

Shhhhhh, I don't have it yet either.....don't want it either.
  • FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited January 2014
    What I read in the article Smokey posted is that each plot of a super plot is supposed to equal 5 regular plots (so theoretically you would get 5 times the bushels). But something is off with the way the bushel report is seeing super crops (so the yield is getting destroyed by pesky FV bugs eating our bushels - lol).

I don't have it yet either - hoping they fix super crops before they release it to the rest of us. (I'm working on super crop mastery combined with crafting goods to trade for fuel and it is going quite well).
  • hantono201hantono201 Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 96
    edited January 2014
    Well if it makes you feel any better, I have the stupid bushel report and every single super crop I am planting is resulting on NO bushels whatsoever...So I am wasting alot of time, energy and turbos with this ....
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited January 2014
    hantono201 wrote: »
    Well if it makes you feel any better, I have the stupid bushel report and every single super crop I am planting is resulting on NO bushels whatsoever...So I am wasting a lot of time, energy and turbos with this ....

Wow, really glad I missed out on this "great" feature.
    edited January 2014
    Sandy7226 wrote: »

Its seriously frustrating Sandy :( wish they'd get rid of it!
  • dixieaingealdixieaingeal Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 423
    edited January 2014
    I think Z does not know its own Fert. All for it always increases bushels for me :0).
  • gailatfvgailatfv Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,852 The Chosen One
    edited January 2014
    So far, knocking on wood, I'm having good luck with it. I find it very handy when planting multiple crops on the same farm to know just how many plots I have of each one as I plant. Eliminates me having to count and do all the math in my fuzzy brain! :rolleyes: I also love knowing when the stall is almost full so I don't get unpleasant surprises when I really need a certain bushel and forget to check the market stall first. My bushel output seems to be fine so I guess I am lucky in that aspect of it.
  • marlene5889marlene5889 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 844 Forum Meister
    edited January 2014
    Sandy7226 wrote: »

I'm with you on this one Sandy - didn't get it at the first launch and haven't got it yet but I'm hoping that they keep it your side of the pond.
  • cconroy55cconroy55 Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 88
    edited January 2014
    There is a very exhaustive explanation of this feature and what works and doesn't work on the fan site that starts with dirt and ends with farmer.
  • pianoplayer88keypianoplayer88key The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,403 The Boss
    edited February 2014
    Bushel report is working properly for me - on regular crops. I haven't planted any "Super" crops since it came out, BUT...

I've had some Forbidden Lilies sitting grown on my Jade farm for a few weeks or so now. (They're terrace crops so they don't wither.) I was planting some Chickpeas there (I need the bushels to craft Vehicle Parts), and decided to cycle the Lilies. The Forbidden Lilies behave(d) just like super crops - they give extra bushels of the non-super-type crop - basically, IIRC, an unmastered (pre-1-star) super crop yielded better than or equal to a mastered regular crop.
    Bushel report said the Forbidden Lilies were supposed to give me 34 bushels, out of 68 plots planted. I remember before Bushel Report, I was often getting more bushels than plots - sometimes 100 or more (I don't remember if I got 200 or near that) in a single field's harvesting. Just a few minutes ago, I got TEN bushels.
    I have some withered Super Yellow Melons on Australia, but I really don't want to unwither those, harvest them, replant then wait the 10 days for them to wither again. I have them there to appear "inactive" because FV's gotten to be so much work if I try to keep up with everything. Also, traditionally Australia's had the worst bushel yield of all farms so I wouldn't be planting on it anyway, except crops needed for and only plantable on Australia, which I'm not working on right now. (My sig pic is taken from my Australia farm.)