Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Turbo Crafting

HulaHula Gabby EnthusiastRegistered User Posts: 145
edited October 2013 in FarmVille Discussion
You will have to beg for 'Matches'. You'll need 6 per turbo.

You can grow celery - 6 per turbo.

You can grow flaxen strawberry - 10 per turbo.

Total of 22 "pieces".

ETA: refresh your farm and check the Special tab, should be in there.

Comments

• HulaHula Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 145
    edited October 2013
    Thanks. Sounds like a lot of work. :eek:

Maybe I'll just keep doing part 1 of the Puppy Love Quest over and over. :p

You get 3 turbos for collecting 4 water dishes and harvesting 25 strawberries I believe.
  • lmb2754lmb2754 Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 63
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for the info about the matchboxes - I thought they'd need to be crafted, never thought about "asking" for them.
  • MouseWranglerMouseWrangler Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,936 Lord of the Forums
    edited October 2013
    The request posts to the feed, which I prefer. However, you need 6 per turbo but you are capped at collecting 5 clicks; you will have to comb the feed in the hopes that you can get one by sending one to a friend.
    edited October 2013
    *sigh* Why make it easy? I'm not sure it's worth the trouble, what with begging and needing 10 Flaxen strawberries off the Mystic farm which means either fc expansions - I don't do that - or 24/7 of an 8 hour crop to make enough to be worth it. I'm thinking I'll take a pass.:(
  • gailatfvgailatfv Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,852 The Chosen One
    edited October 2013
    Hula wrote: »

You get 3 turbos for collecting 4 water dishes and harvesting 25 strawberries I believe.

Oh wow! Thanks for that hint! I just went and checked it out and planted a field of carrots and strawberries (needs 25 vegs and 25 strawberries), and will just harvest 25 of each as I need them. So much easier than begging for matchbooks. Thanks again for the head's up. And that is why I love this forum!

The bonus is that I use both these crops in my winery so it is doubly useful. :D
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited October 2013

Can you do just part one over and over or do you have to finish the rest of the quest before you can do part one again?
  • gailatfvgailatfv Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,852 The Chosen One
    edited October 2013
    I was curious about the same thing, Sandy, so I just went and used an instant grow and finished up the first step of the quest, then hit "end" and was able to start it all up again. The only holdup is if you don't get extra clicks on the water dishes the first time, you have to wait 5 hours to post again. This is going to be a whole lot easier than begging for matchsticks! Thanks again, Hula!
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited October 2013
    gailatfv wrote: »
    I was curious about the same thing, Sandy, so I just went and used an instant grow and finished up the first step of the quest, then hit "end" and was able to start it all up again. The only holdup is if you don't get extra clicks on the water dishes the first time, you have to wait 5 hours to post again. This is going to be a whole lot easier than begging for matchsticks! Thanks again, Hula!

Wow - that is awesome, I did not know you could end those quests without finishing all the steps, thanks!
  • HulaHula Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 145
    edited October 2013
    Yes, you can just end the quest after you complete part 1 and get your turbos. Then start again.

My friends and I have been doing this for quite a while now. I click on so many water dish requests that when I do the quest myself I usually start out with all my water dishes.

There may be other quests that give out turbos for finishing part 1 but I can't recall.

Anyway - the Puppy Love Quest part 1 is so easy.
    edited October 2013
    Glad I came back to see what had been added to this thread - I didn't know you could start/end/start them either. TYVM :D
  • marlene5889marlene5889 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 844 Forum Meister
    edited October 2013

What's the Puppy Love Quest? I don't seem top have that or be able to find it.
    edited October 2013
    I found it in the quest manager, the brown book icon on the left side of your screen. There is a tab "new quest" (I think it's the middle tab)and if you page through those quests, you should find it there. It was on the second page for me but your results may vary! Hope it's there for you as it is very nice and easy to get turbos.
  • marlene5889marlene5889 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 844 Forum Meister
    edited October 2013
    gailatfv wrote: »
    I found it in the quest manager, the brown book icon on the left side of your screen. There is a tab "new quest" (I think it's the middle tab)and if you page through those quests, you should find it there. It was on the second page for me but your results may vary! Hope it's there for you as it is very nice and easy to get turbos.

Thank you - found it. Now to do the quest - as I'd stopped doing quests for a very long time.
  • Karen 2Karen 2 Grand Poohbah Facebook Connect User Posts: 749
    edited October 2013
    It's pretty much the ONLY useful quest there is. I save up my water dishes until I think I've got thirty or so, and then I plant a whole farm of strawberries and carrots and harvest away. I make LOTS of carrot and strawberry cakes in the bakery too. :P
    edited October 2013
    Got 1 pack of 3 turbos already and on my way to the 2nd - only have a handful of facebook neighbours. I don't plant strawberries as I make triple berry pies for fuel (I'm on something like level 520).
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Forum Meister Suspended User Posts: 690 Dedicated Go Getter
    edited October 2013
    Keep it up folks and Zynga will close that little loophole.

I'm just sayin.
    edited October 2013
    Point taken. I was going to help my FB friends (which would help me get more matchboxes) and all that I get is a box with matchbox in it and the word OK. Rest of the text is missing so I don't know what it's saying. Was going to try and post a screenshot but forget how to do it.
    edited October 2013
    Point taken. I was going to help my FB friends (which would help me get more matchboxes) and all that I get is a box with matchbox in it and the word OK. Rest of the text is missing so I don't know what it's saying. Was going to try and post a screenshot but forget how to do it.

I've gotten the Matchbook "OK" as well, but I think I am getting a Matchbook.
    edited October 2013
    Sandy7226 wrote: »
    I've gotten the Matchbook "OK" as well, but I think I am getting a Matchbook.
    I thought that this meant the item either wasn't available any longer or that you'd already taken it??
    edited October 2013
    19Lyds wrote: »
    I thought that this meant the item either wasn't available any longer or that you'd already taken it??

In the past it has, I'm not sure what it means with the matchbook, but I seem to be getting them, however, I am not 100% on that.
    edited October 2013
    I'm not getting anymore Sandy - I'm not sure if it is because I have already been granted 5 by my family. We did an experiment this morning - after I received 5 I clicked to help a member of the family and got the empty box - then another member of my family went on and clicked on the same one, got the matchbox and the full message as that would have been their 1st click. Not sure if it's a bug or if' we've limited to 5 in a 6 hour period - if so that sucks.
  • Winthrop44Winthrop44 On Fire Registered User Posts: 754
    edited October 2013
    I'm not sure if the matchstick posts are working this morning either, but I'm not sure it matters. Having to post for them and needing 6 to make 1 stinking turbo just sucks anyway. Period. My neighbors aren't even bothering with this.
    edited October 2013
    Winthrop44 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if the matchstick posts are working this morning either, but I'm not sure it matters. Having to post for them and needing 6 to make 1 stinking turbo just sucks anyway. Period. My neighbors aren't even bothering with this.

It really is kind of pointless when the Puppy Love quest is so much easier.
    edited October 2013
    Been out all day now back. Sandy I have just done an experiment and it looks like I'm correct. As I have been off FV for more than 9 hours i just posted for six matchboxes. I then tried to get off the feed from my family, the same ones that was giving me a black OK box this morning and last night and I got one each from a feed posted last night and 1 this morning from 2 members of my family and 1 from another. The one with 1 only posted last night. Then went on to other members of my family and got the blank box - which proves that once you get 5 that's it no more - how **** annoying as we need 6 just to make 1 turbo. Guess I wouldn't be taking part in this crafting any more as it's a waste of my time and plots.
    edited October 2013
    Been out all day now back. Sandy I have just done an experiment and it looks like I'm correct. As I have been off FV for more than 9 hours i just posted for six matchboxes. I then tried to get off the feed from my family, the same ones that was giving me a black OK box this morning and last night and I got one each from a feed posted last night and 1 this morning from 2 members of my family and 1 from another. The one with 1 only posted last night. Then went on to other members of my family and got the blank box - which proves that once you get 5 that's it no more - how **** annoying as we need 6 just to make 1 turbo. Guess I wouldn't be taking part in this crafting any more as it's a waste of my time and plots.

Good to know, I might do enough to master the recipe or not, the quest method of getting turbos is so much easier. I wouldn't bother with crafting except I already have the bushels.
    edited October 2013
    I have the bushels too Sandy and 2 further farms of celery waiting for harvesting. No more after that I'm afraid. Quests is better for me. I've raised a post in the Bugs forum in case it is a bug or coding error.
    edited October 2013
    Sandy7226 wrote: »
    Good to know, I might do enough to master the recipe or not, the quest method of getting turbos is so much easier. I wouldn't bother with crafting except I already have the bushels.
    Once I realized how nearly IMPOSSIBLE this patronizing Turbo crafting was I sold off all my harvested bushels.

Instead I'll waste my time crafting SDB's and running the Puppy Love Quest.

You oughta try it marlene. Between you and your other family members you should doo quite well.
    edited October 2013
    Say, how many of you folks are actually "using" Turbo's to plant the crops needed to generate "one" Turbo??

Or are you doing it by manual tractor??
    edited October 2013
    Say, how many of you folks are actually "using" Turbo's to plant the crops needed to generate "one" Turbo??

About the only time I use a Turbo is to harvest a farm that I am not going to replant. I have nearly 700 turbos, not counting the 3 packs I'm getting with the Puppy Love quest. I decided I really am not interested in getting the sign for crafting the Turbos as the number necessary is too high considering how difficult it is to get Matchbooks. I'm sure why I am even doing the quest, because "it is there" I guess. LOL
    edited October 2013

Now now 19L - wouldn't that be a really silly thing to do - to use 3 turbos to get one measly one after such a heartache to craft them - quest is better thanks to Hula. I only have a very limited number of 3 turbos but a few c.20 single ones. I missed and barely managed to do a few crafting when they were available. I use the single ones whenever I want to harvest a large farm (usually at the end of my leaderboard challenge when I hit the top) and would be leaving the land fallow. I very rarely use by triple pack of turbos as I have so few.