Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hanging gardens

Comments

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited April 2013
    Well, that explains why it said "not found" on my farm when I tried the doggie search to see how many I had planted. I was spelling it correctly ofc :P

As for the Hanging Garden itself, so far it doesn't seem too bad. As mentioned above, you will get the trowels by doing regular stuff on your other farms (like harvesting crops and animals). Each section takes a lot to uncover (150) but there is no time limit so therefore no big rush to finish it. The uncovered prizes so far have been alright tho a few too many decorations for me personally. I did get a kind of neat tree and a cute puppy so that was ok. Also got some fuel which is always appreciated.

I'm thinking of this farm as a side little game rather than a focus that must be completed as soon as possible. All it's taken so far is a little effort to plant the 3 crops needed to craft trowels. I can live with that.

Actually I was the one misspelling it, FV has it right - Turmeric
  • bettyboop3850bettyboop3850 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,796
    edited April 2013
    Hi I do not have it yet but planted Amber grain to get a head start for when I get it. Need to know if I need to wait till I get it in order to get trowels when I harvest. Also not seeing Turmeric or gold ore in my market yet.
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited April 2013
    If the fan sites are correct, only the first section requires 150 trowels per square to clear.

The later sections require MORE than 150 per.

This is horrendous.
  • darqladydarqlady The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,321 Cream Corn Champion
    edited April 2013
    The gold fountain will be your final prize- you have to work for it which is appropriate. This is not a zip through it in a week feature- about time something takes a while to do and gives a good reward at the end. You certainly can put plots down, but you don't need to- all three crops needed to craft with can be planted elsewhere. There is no need for a market stall. However be careful not to be on hanging gardens when accepting feed bushels outside of Farmville.

You don't have to craft for money and you don't need to plant special crops to get trowels. You will get them in the course of your normal activities. Obviously if you want things faster you will have to plant and craft...

So stop complaining everyone and enjoy the slow pace. Gardening is a slow and peaceful activity. Nice to finally have something that isn't timed and will slowly be uncovered.
  • devleydevley Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 44
    edited April 2013
    When will it be released to all players?...i am still waiting!!!
  • CrazyDrummerCrazyDrummer Super Moderator Super Moderator Posts: 91
    edited April 2013
    Hello devley!!

Unfortunately there is not an estimated time for the complete release of the Hanging Gardens to all Players, we would need to stay tuned to see when it will happen, I have not got it either.

Have a nice day in FarmVille!!
  • ladyneevaladyneeva Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 492
    edited April 2013
    I'm starting to think that not all the existing farms have had trowels turned on to get when harvesting crops - for example, I've harvested all 700 plots on my Winter Wonderland farm over a dozen times since getting Hanging Gardens, and haven't seen a single trowel pop up - not sure if it's the crops I was growing (white wheat for most of them, then IIRC I did a set of super morning glories, then diamond corn, and most recently super cranberries - now I have columbine and candied yams planted) or if it's the farm. I also can't recall getting any on Hawaiian Paradise or Jade Falls (which might be a factor of the very small number of planted plots I have there).

Rest of my farms I don't know - they were all planted with squash that I haven't harvested yet lol. I did note getting some off my Home farm for certain.
  • NiniDNiniD On Fire Registered User Posts: 157 Saint Spontaneous
    edited April 2013
    My favorite feature is the fact that the trowels are not something to be requested. I have control over how fast (or slow) I make progress and don't have to pester my neighbors for a gazillion parts. Yay!
  • Richard ReidRichard Reid Assassin Registered User Posts: 921
    edited April 2013
    I'm pretty sure I've seen trowels on all farms.
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited April 2013
    I just harvested every single crop, animal pen, orchard I have on all my farms: home, SM, EC, LC, WW, HP, JF, HH, ML, EC and Atlantis.

NO TROWELS WHATSOEVER!!!!

THIS STUPID HANGING GARDENS IS BROKEN. FIX IT. I am so angry, I am speechless.
  • keroppikeroppi007keroppikeroppi007 Chocolatier Registered User Posts: 81
    edited April 2013
    haven't got this yet - am I missing out on much?
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited April 2013
    haven't got this yet - am I missing out on much?

Well - hard to say, I like it but it is going to take a long time to uncover all the plots. It's more of a bonus game than a farm, but I think it is kind of fun. I visit it once or twice a day to use what trowels I've crafted or found. It will take months to finish so hopefully those that don't have it will get it soon and not be far behind.
  • GiraffeMan704GiraffeMan704 Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited April 2013
    Has anyone NOT gotten hanging gardens? I have been waiting. My family has had it for over a week, and I still don't. I wish It would be fixed soon!
    edited April 2013
    GiraffeMan - from what I see on the Player Support page LOTS of people don't have it, maybe even more don't than do?
    edited April 2013
    I just harvested crops on 3 farms, home, EC and LC. Still no trowels.

I complained to CS and according to the Studio, it is "working properly". Not for me, it isn't.
  • TinkersbellTinkersbell Investigator Registered User Posts: 111
    edited April 2013
    Howdy Farmers!!

These new Hanging Gardens are being slowly released, I have not received it either, will take a few hours until we all get access to it.

Always happy to help you!!

A few hours?? It's been days and I still don't have it.
  • rockinrickyrockinricky Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 7
    edited April 2013
    Just a quick note, Golden Trowels will not be in the gift box. Go to Hanging Gardens and hover over a patch, it will show if you have trowels.
  • SilverbelleSilverbelle Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,402
    edited April 2013
    Question: is there a daily limit for how many trowels you can earn through harvesting? Because I got a lot of them this morning when harvesting Atlantis, but now when I'm harvesting my Squash for leaderboard, nada.
    edited April 2013
    Question: is there a daily limit for how many trowels you can earn through harvesting? Because I got a lot of them this morning when harvesting Atlantis, but now when I'm harvesting my Squash for leaderboard, nada.

I think there must be, I get quite a few in the morning, then hardly any later in the day.
  • lapdog1lapdog1 Investigator Registered User Posts: 53
    edited April 2013
    Well, I have had this since it came out and am disappointed in it. It takes 16 hours for a recipe to cook. Hardley get any bushels from planting. (My farms are duds anyway, my sister and daughter get far more than I do.) Only one of my 240 farmville friends are planting crops for it. (Have asked them.) It looks good at the beginning but reallly hopeless to do unless you plant on all 10 farms which I don't have time to do. People will give up on things when they don't seem to achieve any thing.
  • Richard ReidRichard Reid Assassin Registered User Posts: 921
    edited April 2013
    For me it's been the opposite. Lots in the evening; not so much in the morning. Then not a doggone trowel today cause something's broke.
  • SilverbelleSilverbelle Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,402
    edited April 2013
    Annnd...now I'm getting them again. So what changed? It's less than 12 hours since I last got trowels, but more than 6 hours--is it maybe that you can only get trowels every 6 or 8 hours, like asking for Parts? I wish somebody would clarify this so we'd know.
  • rnbw flwrrnbw flwr Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 544 Enthusiastic Expert
    edited April 2013
    Annnd...now I'm getting them again. So what changed? It's less than 12 hours since I last got trowels, but more than 6 hours--is it maybe that you can only get trowels every 6 or 8 hours, like asking for Parts? I wish somebody would clarify this so we'd know.

its a mystery. just like the bushels, you never know how many you are going to get.
  • gailatfvgailatfv Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,852 The Chosen One
    edited April 2013
    Is there a problem with the gold ore bushels? I noticed that none are showing up for sale in my friend's markets, even though I know several people had planted them. So I had my aunt check to see if she could buy some from me and sure enough, none were showing for sale, even though I just harvested them this morning. I suppose it is one more glitch but I wondered if anyone else was having the same problem. Sure seems to be a lot of bugs around lately! :(
  • xphrogyxxphrogyx Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 234
    edited April 2013
    I LOVE THIS PLACE
    A+++++
    I honestly don't have a single complaint
    no farmcash is being forced to be spent
    i am harvesting and working my other farms without stressng the new one and getting shovels
    i will have a place to put 'odd and end' decos
    and it's fun uncovering all the grass i don't mind being patient and working my way to the top so for me this is awesome
    idk if anyone else is as enthusiastic but I LOVE IT
    all the awards
  • Cherokee ShadowWolfCherokee ShadowWolf Fisherman Registered User Posts: 130
    edited April 2013
    Had it, now it doesn't show up to get there...
  • Pamela BryantPamela Bryant Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 15
    edited April 2013
    My husband has it and it looks like fun, but on my account I don't have it. I figure it will be like the County fair and it will take MONTHS before I get it. Well they can just work all the bugs out of it and then maybe I can have fun like the other players.
  • Susan TravisSusan Travis Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited April 2013
    I don't have this feature either, which I think is wrong...Have emailed several times,this is their response...
    Howdy Farmers!
    We've recently seen a large number of questions related to our newest feature the Hanging Gardens. The Hanging Gardens is a feature that we are slowly rolling out to everyone. It may take up to a couple weeks for this feature to come to your farm. In the meantime, I'd like to share some important details about the Hanging Gardens so that you're fully prepared.
    edited April 2013
    There has got to be either a waiting period between golden trowel availability, or some kind of daily limit. I saw that someone posted on the FB page for one of the fan sites that "supposedly" they were told (by CS?) that there's a daily limit of 250 trowels. I cannot confirm any of this for fact, but it could have some truth to it.

Why can't they just TELL us? It causes a lot of anger and confusion when they do not EXPLAIN things like this more clearly. "Random" is not acceptable. We have time constraints. I do not want to waste time harvesting 10 farms to get nothing because of bad timing. Then I have to wait 24 hours until I can try again. Suppose I knew that if I had just waited another hour or two, those same 10 farms would have produced trowels? That's information I'd like to know!!!
  • stephsk8rstephsk8r Muffin Facebook Connect User Posts: 11 Muffin
    edited April 2013
    gailatfv wrote: »
    Is there a problem with the gold ore bushels? I noticed that none are showing up for sale in my friend's markets, even though I know several people had planted them. So I had my aunt check to see if she could buy some from me and sure enough, none were showing for sale, even though I just harvested them this morning. I suppose it is one more glitch but I wondered if anyone else was having the same problem. Sure seems to be a lot of bugs around lately! :(

Gold ore can't be shared. You have to grow it yourself. It says this in the crafting building (garden shed?) on Hanging Gardens.