Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hanging gardens

rnbw flwrrnbw flwr Mazter GuardianRegistered User Posts: 544 Enthusiastic Expert
edited April 2013 in FarmVille Discussion
i am there but i think the official release date is tomorrow, so dont be surprised if you lose it. i do like it though! kind of like treasure island. i enjoyed that game very much before it was taken behind the barn and shot, if you know what i mean

Comments

• rnbw flwrrnbw flwr Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 544 Enthusiastic Expert
    edited April 2013
  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 766 Aged to Perfection
    edited April 2013
    I got it after waiting forever and a day (including a refresh when it got stuck), there wasn't an "x" to click on to prevent going there so I did. Nothing worked, I clicked to use the trowels but nothing happened. The narrative got stuck when it told me that it would show me how to craft trowels. The bar to go back to the farm that I wanted to be on didn't load so I refreshed the screen. I was going to type this while that was happening but it locked the entire browser. That seems to have done the trick but I really don't want to go through this now. I just want to harvest my blue whales, finish laundry, and start supper. Oh, wonderful. I seem to be stuck at being able to make the trowels. The excitement never ends, does it? It looks interesting and it is pretty, but it's slow, broken, and we are forced to do it. Maybe it will be fixed tomorrow when they have the official release, but this is Zynga so I'm not holding out a lot of hope for that. It may just be less broken.
  • MouseWranglerMouseWrangler Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,936 Lord of the Forums
    edited April 2013
    Just got this and to craft the first recipe I have to have 3 kinds of bushels. Two of them are not in the market: Gold Ore and Tumeric.
  • RM1(SS)RM1(SS) Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,202
    edited April 2013
    Gold Ore: Costs 80 coin, one day, gain 200 coin and 1 xp.
    Turmeric: Costs 65 coin, one day, gain 200 coin and 1 xp.
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited April 2013
    You also get trowels from harvesting crops, orchards and buildings on other farms.
  • stone cold morganstone cold morgan The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 945
    edited April 2013
    so far don't like it

expanding tool shed is 15 farm cash, hoping they will let us expand for parts

i didn't have to pay to go there

don't like having to craft for money to use on the farm

guess we don't plant crops there or place trees and animals there

where is the instant grow fountain?

don't see any animals and trees and etc for it the market.

what is the point of this farm, would like guide and more info about this farm from mod or someone.
  • CrazyDrummerCrazyDrummer Super Moderator Super Moderator Posts: 91
    edited April 2013
    Howdy Farmers!!

These new Hanging Gardens are being slowly released, I have not received it either, will take a few hours until we all get access to it.

Always happy to help you!!
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited April 2013
    Just got this and to craft the first recipe I have to have 3 kinds of bushels. Two of them are not in the market: Gold Ore and Tumeric.

I couldn't find them with Search, but sorting by Mastery Progress found them. Also Tumeric is misspelled - Turmeric
  • benniganbennigan Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 587 Goldsmith
    edited April 2013
    Pretty sure this one is going to be another Jade Palace for me...pretty much ignored.
  • jetlordjetlord Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 339
    edited April 2013
    I got it but don't understand. The trowels were use up by the first plot and there's no way to plant to get gold ore except for that one plot. Nothing else I clicked on seemed to work. Hope I didn't exhaust my ability to clear more plots.
  • DragonKismetDragonKismet Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 57
    edited April 2013
    Eh. I'm pretty much going to ignore this place just like I ignore that fishing pond that Zynga likes to force us to visit once in a while.
  • Juan M. ValleJuan M. Valle Enthusiastic Expert Registered User Posts: 394
    edited April 2013
    I like the idea of this one!
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited April 2013
    So far it appears to require everything I hate the most:

Crafting

Clearing obstacles ... and I will likely find other details to dislike soon.

I think the only trowels I will ever get will be accidentally acquired while on my other farms. I do not have the patience for all this WORK.

Why must this GAME be nothing but WORK. I ALREADY HAVE A JOB. This is supposed to be a GAME. NOT MORE WORK.
    edited April 2013
    jetlord wrote: »
    I got it but don't understand. The trowels were use up by the first plot and there's no way to plant to get gold ore except for that one plot. Nothing else I clicked on seemed to work. Hope I didn't exhaust my ability to clear more plots.

You can plant the crops on any farm, and you will get trowels by harvesting crops, buildings and orchards on other farms, you don't actually need to craft anything.
  • leesbunny294leesbunny294 Pet Queen Facebook Connect User Posts: 801 Forum Meister
    edited April 2013
    If you look on fan sites, they have lots of info. I didn't have to pay either. The instagrow thing is when you get to the top and complete it I think.
  • Trinity88Trinity88 Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 227
    edited April 2013
    There is a guide on the FV blog.

You can plant crops once you clear space. You get a lot of trowels from harvesting on other farms. Yeah, the fountain is available once you clear the 6 areas and make it to the top.
  • kositkosit On Fire Registered User Posts: 785
    edited April 2013
    Sandy7226 wrote: »
    You can plant the crops on any farm, and you will get trowels by harvesting crops, buildings and orchards on other farms, you don't actually need to craft anything.

harvesting nets u a lot of trowels.. i think its time to go work on the pizza shop again.. :)
  • RM1(SS)RM1(SS) Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,202
    edited April 2013
    I couldn't find them with Search, but sorting by Mastery Progress found them. Also Tumeric is misspelled - Turmeric

Actually, turmeric is the correct spelling.
  • MouseWranglerMouseWrangler Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,936 Lord of the Forums
    edited April 2013
    Misspelled or not, I couldn't find Turmeric or Gold Ore until I sorted by mastery like Sandy suggested.

Thanks Sandy. :)
    edited April 2013
    Trinity88 wrote: »
    the fountain is available once you clear the 6 areas and make it to the top.

So in other words once we get to the top the farm will be obsolete?
  • gailatfvgailatfv Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,852 The Chosen One
    edited April 2013
    Wow, possibly I will change my mind as I know more about it, but right now, it just looks overwhelming with the amount of trowels you have to have to plow up even one plot. This could take years! And I have the sneaking suspicion that when you get to the top and want to harvest instant grows, it will be like the bumper cars harvesting a turbo about once a month, even though it was worded to make you think it would always produce turbos and not just coins. Hopefully I'm wrong about that but I will have to see it to believe it, as the bumper cars, etc., were a big disappointment. :(
  • stone cold morganstone cold morgan The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 945
    edited April 2013
    thanks for the info

it doesn't have its own market stalls :(, don't really want to use the common ones there

don't really want common pens, orchards, builds or tractor and etc there so hope they have ones for coins and that they are small ones since there isn't much room there.
  • Richard ReidRichard Reid Assassin Registered User Posts: 921
    edited April 2013
    Interesting design. Looks like I'll end up with quite a few trowels just harvesting crops - probably two or more plots worth a day. As for crafting; the crops can be grown on all farms and I was easily able to find them with a search. 'turm' and gold o' should bring the two new ones up.
  • Smokey265Smokey265 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,849
    edited April 2013
    Misspelled or not, I couldn't find Turmeric or Gold Ore until I sorted by mastery like Sandy suggested.

Thanks Sandy. :)

I found the new crops in the Seeds section using the Sort By A-Z. They are both listed in the correct alphabetical order. :)
  • MIB4MIB4 Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 959
    edited April 2013
    As far as the harvesting for instagrows goes they are guaranteed. However, once completed the hanging gardens are harvestable once a week for 1 instagrow so it won't be a particularly quick way of getting instagrows.
  • elaine jebsonelaine jebson Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 946 On Fire
    edited April 2013
    no X if you dont want to go and every time i go to the garden shed it freezes and i have to reload
  • anankaeanankae On Fire Registered User Posts: 864 Grand Poohbah
    edited April 2013

Turmeric is the correct spelling. Turmeric is very often misspelled and mispronounced as tumeric, but turmeric is correct.

I've always (tongue-in-cheek-ly) believed the dropped "r" in turmeric got placed into the commonly misspelled/mispronunced "sherbert" - correct spelling is sherbet.
  • MamaBear20012MamaBear20012 Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 19
    edited April 2013
    I've got the new Hanging gardens and I cleared a plot with the free trowels you get at start, but 150 trowels for every plot is ridiculous.
    So far I have harvested crops, orchards, and animals on three farms and not 1 trowel to be found. I don't think its working right yet :(
    edited April 2013
    anankae wrote: »
    Turmeric is the correct spelling. Turmeric is very often misspelled and mispronounced as tumeric, but turmeric is correct.

I've always (tongue-in-cheek-ly) believed the dropped "r" in turmeric got placed into the commonly misspelled/mispronunced "sherbert" - correct spelling is sherbet.

I always thought it was Tumeric - thanks for the lesson! :D
  • SnotKnockerSnotKnocker Dramachine Registered User Posts: 28
    edited April 2013
    Also Tumeric is misspelled - Turmeric

No wonder I couldn't find it. I am SO not surprised.