Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Lighthouse Cove Quest Guide (No Pics)

CatLover74CatLover74 Enthusiastic ExpertRegistered User Posts: 223
edited April 2012 in Community Created Guides
So far I have 1b. I have clover to 3 stars already but only one paddock on LC.

It says I have 10 days. I hope I don't get the harvest the Cove 4 times since this weekend I really won't be playing.

Comments

• HuncaHunca The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,359
    edited April 2012
    I don't have anything. Those who do, tho, are sounding kinda stressed by this one.
  • gailatfvgailatfv Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,852 The Chosen One
    edited April 2012
    Thanks so much for the guide. This one just came out of nowhere at me so I was not at all prepared. Wow, that is just confusing having 2 sets of them. I wonder since I got the first option for the first 2 quests, if I will again get the first for the third one. I sure hope so because I imagine mastering that Pine Martin to 2 stars may take a while.........although mine says I have 31 days. I had to quick throw in a crop of tarragon on my farm and on my husband's farm as I had nary a bushel.

Can't say I am too thrilled that we will probably have 4 quests running at the same time if a new one starts on the other farms as it usually does on Thursday, which I guess is now.
  • tnbsktstnbskts Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 691
    edited April 2012
    I was wondering why other people were asking for almanacs and my quest didn't have that step. I wonder if the selection of a or b is random or if there's some sort of reasoning behind it. Not that I enjoy collecting tons of things, but I could do without having to harvest that cove four times; there's no way to speed that up. Then again, I already had stage 1 done and I've already got the cauliflower and pine marten mastered to two stars, so this long wait with the cove will be the only hold-up if I get that version of step 3.

I wonder why they're suddenly springing an LC quest on us, when it's spring (a better time to do stuff with EC).
  • SC6825SC6825 Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 96
    edited April 2012
    I feel bad for those who don't even have a pine marten on their farms. I mean, I'm sure there a lot of people that don't even own one.
  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 766 Aged to Perfection
    edited April 2012
    I had 1a until I harvested a paddock on the WW. When I came back I had 1B and it says 31 days. Are they making this up as they go along?:confused:

Edit: My mother had 1B until she clicked on my almanac request. Now she has to do 4 paddocks. Why does this keep changing? Will I get 10 almanacs and then have to do the paddock? It's not ready since I harvested it when I had the 4 paddock requirement. I'm only doing these quests because I have the clover, pine martin, and cauliflower mastered. I really don't feel like dealing with this mess or crafting the creamed corn. Maybe I should just go back to my usual method of dealing with quests: ignore them completely. It doesn't look like I'd be missing much, except for a lot of aggravation...
  • jetlordjetlord Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 339
    edited April 2012
    What's the deal? The quests are apparently random and the rewards are worthless. Glad it hasn't shown up on my LC yet.
  • 08blondinen08blondinen Muffin Registered User Posts: 13 Muffin
    edited April 2012
    This one will I not do! I dont have planted clover and to do all upp to master 2 (master 1 = 2500) is not anything for me. :(
  • Tabitha1973Tabitha1973 Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 170
    edited April 2012
    They startet with Quest 1b on my farm. I hope we have all to to the same quest:D
    I mastered the clover last week..pooh...
  • pepper1pepper1 Fisherman Registered User Posts: 76
    edited April 2012
  • keroppikeroppi007keroppikeroppi007 Chocolatier Registered User Posts: 81
    edited April 2012
    Do we have to harvest the clover from just the LC farm, or can we harvest it from all farms? (hope it's the latter). Also, I harvested the horse paddock on my HF, and it didn't count (looks as though we have to harvest it 4 times on the LC farm). I started with 1b.
  • Robert ReeceRobert Reece Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 182
    edited April 2012
    Some have 31 days and some have 10. How fair is that? Also with this Pine Marten, what is that? Is it a tree? I dont know if I have it so I hope I dont get that mission or I will be out of luck.

These missions are getting ridiculous, giving some 10 days and others a big 31 days and making people master something they may NOT even have. I understand harvesting or mastering something on say Part 6 of a prize you got in Part 5 or even before, but if you didnt get it in the current missions its asking for harvesting or mastering, how do they even know you have it?

Or if its something you can buy for COINS in the market and its in the market at that current time of the mission.
  • Robert ReeceRobert Reece Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 182
    edited April 2012
    Ok, I found out what the Pine Marten was. It looks like some sort of ferret, weasel thing. I have a couple on my Lighthouse cove. I just thought they were ferrets. I apparently already have it mastered to level 2 from using Farmhands alot. I am worried about the Cauliflower. It is a 2 day crop. I have to master it to level 2 and dont even have it 1/4 the way to 1 star.

And I can only plant it on Lighthouse Cove. So 165 plots on Lighthouse cove and I think I need 2,500 to get to 1 star and its a 2 day crop. Unless it gives me the 31 days like it has some players, I wont get that done.

I dont have this mission yet, but if I have 10 days to master a 2 day crop to level 2 and only can plant it on 1 farm that I have 165 plots on, its not possible.
  • crafty chriscrafty chris Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 632
    edited April 2012
    thanks for the guide but unless they change it to being workable on all farms im stuck .. i have 3 paddocks but not on lc and im not planning on buying any for it
  • angelashckangelashck Muffin Registered User Posts: 8 Muffin
    edited April 2012
    This is the first one that I'm skipping. :(
  • BarbieKKBarbieKK Fisherman Registered User Posts: 77
    edited April 2012
    I completed part 1, but part 2 hasn't shown up for me at all. I did get the unwither for completing the first part, but now there is no other quest there. Weird. It's pretty obvious from this thread that this is a glitchy mess.
  • AnnieofGreenGables18AnnieofGreenGables18 Pumpkin Facebook Connect User Posts: 7 Loose Cannon
    edited April 2012
    My LC quest has disappeared. I had been given 1a from the list. I'd already mastered clover. I had 9 of the almanacs and when I was going through the news feed I found someones post and collected my 10th from it. Headed back to LC to find out what the next stage would be and there was nothing. No pop up saying I'd completed part one, and no icon for the quest on the left side of the screen. Not sure whats going on now or whether or not it will return.
  • Farm StarFarm Star Colossal Titan Slayer Registered User Posts: 268
    edited April 2012
    I started a post regarding this quest last night... I don't have horse paddock on Lighthouse Cove... I have one farm where all my main animal pens reside; and it isn't Lighthouse Cove... this quest, one should be able to complete using other farms....
  • cmc42cmc42 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,928
    edited April 2012
    I don't even have this quest on my LC :confused: Thanks for the guide though, means I know to keep an eye out for quests on LC. (also means I'll have to go back to using WW with my home farm for the main quests instead of LC (I don't have space for any plots on EC. That's my deco'd animal farm :o ))
  • shellmshellm Pumpkin Facebook Connect User Posts: 3 Loose Cannon
    edited April 2012
    master any clover or just the LC clover to master?
  • Mystery DogMystery Dog Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 45
    edited April 2012
    The real bummer on this one is that all of the actions (except the mastering) has to take place on the lighthouse farm. I keep all of my horses and foals on my main farm, so I have no paddocks on the LH farm and the harvesting on the main farm do not count. I will not be participating in this set of goals.
  • virginiasacchivirginiasacchi Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 23 Building Expert
    edited April 2012
    well this morning i found the cove quest, the easy version almanack and clover master. i complete the first cause i've already mastered before clover but after that did'nt appear to me the second step. totally desappear the icon in farm. i read other players had experience the same. anyone knows what is going on?
  • SoBeLover57SoBeLover57 Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 139
    edited April 2012
    I got 1b. and had to build a horse paddock since I didn't have one, luckily I'm still finishing my mastery boards and had alot of SDBs so I could build it. I then transferred a few horses from my 2 paddocks on EC.

I fully mastered clover, cauliflower and the pine marten a long time ago, so these won't give me problems completing, since you get credit if you've mastered them already

• AnajosileeAnajosilee Super Moderator Suspended User Posts: 1,388
    edited April 2012
    shellm wrote: »
    master any clover or just the LC clover to master?

it's got to be the green clover, 4 hour crop mastered.
  • kcbellskcbells Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 962
    edited April 2012
    I only have a horse paddock on my LHC, WW and Hawaii, but when I harvested the ones on the WW and HP, they didn't count towards this quest. If I have to harvest the one on LHC 4 times, that will take too long. Very disappointed - I like a challenge but if we only have 10 days, I can't see being able to complete this one without spending a lot of FC, although stupid me; here I am planting fields on all farms (except home & HP - doing the other quests on those farms) of clover and paying to instant grow - I've already paid more than the 10FC to skp. What a dunderhead - I usually catch that, too.

Really disgusted that harvesting the other farms' paddocks didn't count. Not everyone has oodles of the stupid things. I didn't even want them to begin with - only got them since they seem to come up in quests all the time :(
  • daisymae2daisymae2 Party Starter Registered User Posts: 187
    edited April 2012
    I don't have this one yet and don't know if I will do it if and when it shows up.
  • GraceLeboGraceLebo Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,905
    edited April 2012
    I came to the guide section of the forum looking for a guide on the new Picnic Quests. When I saw the heading for this thread, I thought at first that someone had brought an old subject back to life. :D

I only visit the Cover every couple of days - to harvest orchards, trees & animals. I had no idea that there were new quests there. My Cove farm no longer has plots. And, it hasn't had a paddock since WW was introduced. So, I guess I won't be doing this series of quests even though I'd like the instantgrows.

But, I think it's cool that they're introducing some quests on the Cove! Thanks OP for the guide.
  • AbuelaMariAbuelaMari Enthusiastic Expert Registered User Posts: 285
    edited April 2012
    I do however have the PICNIC quest. Just got it a little while ago.
    My friends have been asking for calendars since yesterday.
  • nightspiri5nightspiri5 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,571
    edited April 2012
    Well I have all my crops masters and I will check on my pine martin.
  • LuisaTaylorLuisaTaylor Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 137
    edited April 2012
    My first quest is just asking to Harvest the Horse Paddock 4X and to Master the Clover to Level2.
    Is this an error or was the quest changed??
  • maryl54maryl54 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,313
    edited April 2012
    well not liking this none of the other farms are counting towards this quest. so if you only have one building on the light house cove for the animals then it will take you four days just to do the one quest.