Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1-4-2012 Cannot post or share feeds

Infiniti73Infiniti73 GrasshopperRegistered User Posts: 20
edited January 2012 in Bug Reporting
I am having the same problem. I was using Firefox, so I switched over to Chrome and had the same problem there.

Comments

• BreakwaterBreakwater Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,138
    edited January 2012
    I was just coming to post the same thing. It happens when I try to request parts for buildings too. The game greys out and the little corn cob will flicker every 10-15 seconds, but that's it. I have also noticed that my game feed is virtually dead for the past hour.

Browser: Chrome & IE
    Windows XP
    Cache cleared twice.
    Facebook Farmville.
  • Rare AleRare Ale Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited January 2012
    Same exact issue here. Began today. Tried clearing cache and reloading game with no success.

Chrome and playing via Facebook.

Cannot share anything. Cannot request anything. Screen greys out and nothing happens. I have to reload/refresh screen to continue.
  • HRH MADGEHRH MADGE Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 701
    edited January 2012
    Just started happening to me too. It's one thing after another *rolls eyes*
  • Tori13Tori13 Building Expert Registered User Posts: 22
    edited January 2012
    It's happening to me as well, not for posting everything though. like you I got it when I tried to post for sports drinks and when I tried to post before that to share rail spike for ending the previous task. It has also happened when I tried to post a tree but worked for posting to share my goods from spa. I am having to reload the game to clear it, am using Chrome, through Facebook and have cleared cache etc.
  • kristen powerskristen powers Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 9
    edited January 2012
    Having the same problem - can't share or post request for quest or accept and send from giftbox. Just going grey. Using Chrome on Facebook. My daughter uses my computer and had no problems with her account 20 minutes ago but then I got on and can't post anything!
  • gayleminorgayleminor Muffin Registered User Posts: 11 Muffin
    edited January 2012
    Same here. I was able to post fine this morning, but tonight - no can do. I click the "post" button and the screen kinda gray's out and then nothing. It just freezes. I have to re-enter my Farm without my post showing up in the news feed. I am using Google Chrome (just like I was this morning).
  • gray000gray000 This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 12
    edited January 2012
    That just started happening to me now too. I haven't been able to post for months either, and now this! I just tried to give away a piglet and the game freezes, all grayed out.
  • HRH MADGEHRH MADGE Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 701
    edited January 2012
    SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE, Facebook is putting the popup in the middle of the ENTIRE page.
  • bluesmother93bluesmother93 Building Expert Registered User Posts: 38
    edited January 2012
    same issue here can't harvest even , freezes as it tries to post from harvest. Just sick of this. Can't you change anything without a problem happening. Like I haven't lost enough neighbours already with all this quest stuff, now this.
  • scherry21scherry21 Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 25
    edited January 2012
    my bushel request posts, but when someone tries to click on it there is nothing to click on to send it...just says "skip"; also the game is freezing with trying to obtain goods
  • jkaljkal Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 32
    edited January 2012
    Add me to this list. It was fine at noon today, but now, everytime I try to post anything, it grays out and just sits. Checked wall, nothing showing up.
  • minervadiminervadi Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 186 Fisher
    edited January 2012
    I have sent numerous requests for bushels, neighbours click on them and send, but the bushels do not arrive.
  • gayleminorgayleminor Muffin Registered User Posts: 11 Muffin
    edited January 2012
    HRH MADGE wrote: »
    SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE, Facebook is putting the popup in the middle of the ENTIRE page.
    HRH Madge - You are right! I scrolled down and down and down...and there was my post. Interesting. I hope they put it back to the way it was, but for now at least I can go back to posting. Thanks for putting that tip out there!
  • KBzeeKBzee Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 104
    edited January 2012
    Just started happening to me too! :-\ Had to refresh the whole game just to move on and am not getting to post anything >:-|
  • Tori13Tori13 Building Expert Registered User Posts: 22
    edited January 2012
    Was just coming to say scroll down the page, thought I'd look just in case and there it was, need to scroll slowly though, it jumped about a bit 1st time I found it there.
  • ChrisRobtChrisRobt Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 70
    edited January 2012
    I scrolled down the page to get to this forum and found the pop up box; hope they move it back where it belongs
  • HarksgirlHarksgirl Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 116 Cloudylicious
    edited January 2012
    Great.. guess I dont need to post about not being able to post bonuses.. Looks like they are at it again.. wonder what they are trying to roll out this time...
  • Carol PooleCarol Poole Dramachine Registered User Posts: 59
    edited January 2012
    same here, just started. Can't share no need to play.
  • Harris53Harris53 This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 31
    edited January 2012
    I saw where the post was halfway down the page but after I clicked it and went to do the next share, the screen darkened again and the popup was nowhere to be found. I've had to use Google Chrome in order to share items for a while and it was working fine till today. Hopefully FV will address this issue quickly.
  • Gojira85Gojira85 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 5 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited January 2012
    It's doing the same thing. Not just posting things to my wall, but asking for things does it, too. I've been having many other problems for months now, It kind of makes me feel like they want me to quit playing the game.
  • Juanqui75Juanqui75 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    HRH MADGE wrote: »

:( Nahh :(
    Scroll down and all I see is a "Facebook encounter problems......Etc" and hit OK goes away but game screen stays grey....must be a Facebook issue and not Zynga
  • GarnetSkyeGarnetSkye Pumpkin Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Loose Cannon
    edited January 2012
    Same problem here, even tried scrolling down, everything just freezes.

Platform - Facebook
    Google Chrome & FF
    everything up to date
    cleared cache
  • erika1972erika1972 Learning the Ropes Registered User Posts: 7
    edited January 2012
    how come when i add neighbors they do not show up to visit...
    how come i can only buy goods from 6 people....
    how come i cant get bushels
    HOW COME THE GAME IS NOT WORKING.......................
  • jussomladyjussomlady Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 16
    edited January 2012
    Well i wish the would fix an issue that has been happening for over a month.... :/ getting help on missions but parts are not getting thru to help me lol... dam game drivin me nutz & with no help from support its ****in me off and makin me crazy... :x
  • SibylLSibylL Delightful Duckling Facebook Connect User Posts: 21
    edited January 2012
    Not a send bar/button anywhere, just his weird message

(name omitted for privacy) is short on Coffee Bushels and needs your help!

Send a free Coffee Bushel to help!
    Skip
    Email Preferences | Support | FarmVille Game Bar | FarmVille.com | Forums | FarmVille Fans! | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help
    If you are having trouble seeing FarmVille, please update your flash player by clicking HERE.
    Copyright © 2012 Zynga Inc. All Rights Reserved.
  • vittoria2711vittoria2711 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,048 Lord of the Forums
    edited January 2012
    What happened?? What a mess!!

This issue just started for me within the hour.

Using Chrome through Facebook:
    When I attempt to post anything the screen darkens and does not resume back to normal and needs to be reloaded. This is ONLY happening when playing through Facebook, not through Farmville.com...where I never play.

Using IE8 through Facebook:
    Trying to post any game post playing through Facebook causes the screen to go completely white, leaving only a little red X where the game should have been.

Using Chrome at Farmvile.com:
    Posting seems normal.

Using IE8 through Farmville.com:
    No posting window appears after the Share pop-up.

Completely unable to post anything at all playing through Facebook using either browser and only through Chrome at farmville.com

This is a new issue.

Chrome 16 and IE8
    Win 7, 64bit
    No Quest
    Repeatable every time

Update:
    Playing through Facebook...it apears to be locking up, but in reality the publishing box is WAAYYYY down at the bottom of the page. You'll need to scroll all the way down, put your cursor in the box and use the Tab to see it all to post. What a PITA.
  • gameroomjunkiegameroomjunkie Fisherman Registered User Posts: 25
    edited January 2012
    same issue here. It happens every time I post. Go out come back and try posting again and it FREEZES> I guess they want us all to quit playing this issue infested, game that has become a quest fest. No fun playing a game where the quests are the main playing point instead of being able to complete some of the masteries and move things around like we used to. Have no time for anything but the quests anymore.
  • calexjcalexj Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2012
    For some stupid reason, when you try to post, the posting dialog is coming up at the very bottom of the window. When it grays out, scroll down to the bottom of where the "timeline" is and you will find the dialog. Click share and it works like normal. Stupid coding mistake...
  • Cozy GirlCozy Girl Loose Cannon Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited January 2012
    Can not post anything screen darkens however works fine on google crome Please Fix Very annoying
This discussion has been closed.