Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

12-6-2011 Game freeze & posting issues

Kiwigirl839Kiwigirl839 Loose CannonRegistered User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star
edited December 2011 in Bug Reporting
Same here. Use firefox so apparantly it's not browser related. And it started when winter wonderland was released

Comments

• Cheryl LaceyCheryl Lacey Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 48
    edited December 2011
    Same here. I use Chrome and bought the WW last week and it was working until this morning. I can post using farmville.com but not through Facebook. Yes, I cleared cache and it didn't help.
  • DearlyHersDearlyHers Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 7
    edited December 2011
    Same here. I use FF and every time the 'extra/white' sharing box pops up the screen stays grey and have to reload. It has been doing so since WW opened up yesterday.
  • almmeyersalmmeyers Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited December 2011
    I am having the same issue. I'm playing Farmville through Facebook and am using Internet Explorer 9. The issue started when I opened up the Winter Wonderland.
  • Sherry OdomSherry Odom Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    Same thing here. Everytime I post game freezes and I have to refresh just started with Winter Wonderland Please fix asap!!!!1
  • Eeva_Eeva_ Genius Genie Facebook Connect User Posts: 88
    edited December 2011
    Started to happen to me too after I had started winter wonderland. And yes, this is quite annoying. (Chrome, facebook)
  • prismiaprismia Chocolatier Facebook Connect User Posts: 61
    edited December 2011
    Same here! But only when I play through Facebook, farmville.com works fine. Try it! But of course Zynga should fix this
  • tcadkinstcadkins Pumpkin Facebook Connect User Posts: 6 Loose Cannon
    edited December 2011
    I'm having the same troubles and I'm playing through facebook. It started the day I got my winter wonderland.
  • cindiswocindiswo Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 57
    edited December 2011
    Me too just since WW but same on all farms. TEMPORARY WORKAROUND=click on "free gifts" tab then skip, will work without having to reload, tedious but better. . . :D
  • excuuzemeexcuuzeme This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 30
    edited December 2011
    Same issue. Nice to know it's not just me! I love this forum! ;)
  • achwachw Pumpkin Facebook Connect User Posts: 6 Loose Cannon
    edited December 2011
    have the same problem, tried all fixes (clearing cache and so on) and nothing helps.. on chrome, playing on FB but will try Farmville.com now..
  • muskogeemuskogee Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 83
    edited December 2011
    clear cache and that doesn't help. Running win7 w/ IE9.
    I have to refresh or reload screen.
  • bflemingbfleming This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 11 Pumpkin
    edited December 2011
    Same here and also with several of my neighbors, however my husband is NOT having the problem on his computer and we both use the same programs. I use Foxfire and I too have twice taken the normal corrective measures of clearing cache and restarting my computer. Mine also started after Winter Wonderland began - it will send my "shares" but freezes in that limbo slightly grayed screen and I have to reload the game. Someone want to get us out of sharing limbo????
  • TeseH1171TeseH1171 Pumpkin Facebook Connect User Posts: 6 Loose Cannon
    edited December 2011
    I am having the same issue just started this morning :(
  • chickielvrchickielvr The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 86
    edited December 2011
    Its happening to me too since I got WW. I use Google Chrome. Very frustrating.

Cindiswo, thanks for the workaround tip!
  • anuberanuber Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 196
    edited December 2011
    For me, everything worked fine until this morning. I started WW yesterday, and didn't have any problems with that or other farms.
  • kellysckellysc Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 41
    edited December 2011
    Same here, started yesterday. Another farm on same computer is fine, so I know it's not the computer.
    I sent an email in, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Adding: went to farmville. com, and that is working. thanks for the tip!
  • medic3128medic3128 Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited December 2011
    I too am having the same problem, I use Chrome. It just started. WW was working fine until the full release.
  • Barbara UltanBarbara Ultan Investigator Registered User Posts: 55
    edited December 2011
    Same problem here and it started yesterday with the arrival of WW! I am using Chrome with Windows 7, have cleared cache and gone to farmville.com and the problem still persists. I certainly hope they fix this soon as it really is a pain! :(
  • pat kloeppelpat kloeppel Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited December 2011
    my game freezes when trying to do anything on any part of the game always having to refresh game constantly :confused:
  • grannygrey50grannygrey50 Investigator Registered User Posts: 132
    edited December 2011
    I am having the same problems and the small area goes grey. The 'free gifts' is also greyed. The only thing not greyed is the PLAY. BUT, then it has to reload. I have NOT downloaded winter wonderland farm... I also use a choice of three browsers: IE, FF, Chrome. I also go in through either FB or farmville.com and it is doing it on all three. I am ignoring most of the quests right now, too.
  • grannygrey50grannygrey50 Investigator Registered User Posts: 132
    edited December 2011
    Same here, just posted this on another thread in here. I did not download the Winterwonderland; a lot having problems did.
  • FallingleafwomanFallingleafwoman Captain Obvious Facebook Connect User Posts: 45
    edited December 2011
    yes mine is doing this too.. its driving me crazy! cant do anything inFV because it is constantly freezing up! i use Google Chrome! wish they would fix this!
  • bmanisbmanis Loose Cannon Facebook Connect User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited December 2011
    same here, game freezes started since ww
  • GoofysGirl2009GoofysGirl2009 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited December 2011
    When i try to post about needing items for the EVERY JOURNEY BEGINS (aiding the penguins) it wont post to my wall that i need items

also when i do the YETI'S ADVENTURE BEGINS
    and the WINTER WELCOME
  • BeleighaBeleigha Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 8
    edited December 2011
    FV, Adventure World are all giving refresh, probs etc... trouble loading the games ... very slow... just a heads up... hope my crops don't wither
  • mrsmayhammrsmayham Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited December 2011
    Also dealing with this.

* Cleared Browser Cache (Yes or No):
    Yes
    * State exactly what error message are you seeing:
    No window opens for me to post to my wall. Get them all the time if I want to share from my harvests, but no window or message for quest requests. No post appears on my wall for friends to reply to. But I can't try requesting again until the time is up. *Have not experienced freezing or grey.*
    * What browser and version you are currently using when getting the error:
    Firefox, Chrome, and Explorer same results
    * Are you playing FarmVille on FarmVille.com or Facebook when getting the error:
    Both
    * Does it happen all the time:
    Yes
    * Is it quest related? If yes, which Quest Line?:
    All current (penguin, winter wonderland, discover) Had this problem with penguin last week, but did not report.
    * Please explain what actions you took prior to getting the error:
    Answer game requests.
    My first action when opening game, click on quest, click on request.
  • allie_pocketallie_pocket Muffin Facebook Connect User Posts: 12 Muffin
    edited December 2011
    Cleared Browser Cache (Yes or No):
    Tried both yes and no.

State exactly what error message are you seeing:
    No message appears.

What browser and version you are currently using when getting the error:
    The latest Internet Explorer.

Are you playing FarmVille on FarmVille.com or Facebook when getting the error:
    Problem happens while playing on both sites--Facebook and Farmville.com.

Does it happen all the time:
    Only 25% of my shares make it to my wall. The important ones, such as quest item shares and requests never appear.

Is it quest related? If yes, which Quest Line?:
    I've been experiencing this problem since the Autumn quests. Makes it very difficult to ask for items needed to be collected.. At the same time, difficult to collect items from Farmville neighbors because they too do not have that item posted on their walls.

Please explain what actions you took prior to getting the error:
    Never did anything different to get this persistent issue. I've tried avoiding it by posting extra item shares [for example: sharing bushels] and checking to see if they made it to my wall. It's usually a 50/50 chance.
  • Meghann1965Meghann1965 Delightful Duckling Facebook Connect User Posts: 3
    edited December 2011
    Link to bug report thread: Here

Help FarmVille resolve this issue. If you are experiencing this bug, please click on the link above the provide the following info:

Cleared Browser Cache (Yes or No): Yes and cookies
    State exactly what error message are you seeing: The screen goes dark when I'm clicking on adding coal to my train in Winter Wonderland, but it's not restricted solely to WW...it happens with the English Countryside and my home farm as well.
    What browser and version you are currently using when getting the error: Firefox 8.0
    Are you playing FarmVille on FarmVille.com or Facebook when getting the error: Facebook
    Does it happen all the time: Yep.
    Is it quest related? If yes, which Quest Line?: Winter Wonderland/clicking on Santa's Sleigh or harvesting animals.
    Please explain what actions you took prior to getting the error: I just clicked on something to collect or to add to my train.
  • jengl01jengl01 Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 4 Loose Cannon
    edited December 2011
    I use Firefox 3.6.24 and play through facebook with an Windows 7 OS. This had been happening before Winter Wonderland with the penguin challenge and the other "fall" challenges. For each of the challenges I could click but nothing happened. I wound up moving up by mooching off the newsfeed. Once Wonderland started, I can no longer post trees other stuff that I want to share. I notice that I can still share eggs from my coop and anything from the horse stable. I am not sure about the other buildings.

While waiting for the share message. I see the browser displaying either of these messages in the bottom toolbar...

"Transfering data from fb-tc-3.farmville.com" or
    "Read static-3.farmville.zgncdn.com"

I hope this helps.
  • TwylaDaleJonesTwylaDaleJones This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    Same here on the freezing that started when winter wonderland started ...i am also getting a waring that " this is not a secure site." :(
This discussion has been closed.