Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Winter Wonderland Farm...Early entry or wait?

PaleRider255PaleRider255 Lord of the ForumsRegistered User Posts: 1,918
edited November 2011 in FarmVille Discussion
I did not think that I got any value for my FC when I paid for early access to LC - so I most certainly will NOT be making that mistake again.

How will you gain entry into the new WWL farm. 280 votes

Will pay to play early
13% 38 votes
Try to win early entry in WWL contest, but if not I will pay for early entry
8% 24 votes
Will wait for it to be free
57% 162 votes
Try to win early entry in WWL contest, but if not I will wait for free entry
15% 44 votes
Other (please explain)
4% 12 votes

Comments

• BellaNutellaBellaNutella Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,601
    edited November 2011
  • Beauty KillerBeauty Killer Party Starter Registered User Posts: 539
    edited November 2011
    I think I will pay earlier. I have been saving up farm cash. I didn't buy LHC early, and glad I didn't because it seems to be a disappointment, but Winter Wonderland seems fun.
  • PaleRider255PaleRider255 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,918
    edited November 2011
    I am trying to win free entry....if not then free is good enough for me.:D
  • flopflipfanflopflipfan Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 533
    edited November 2011
    I am in the contest and will hopefully win, but if not I will pay
  • pianoplayer88keypianoplayer88key The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,403 The Boss
    edited November 2011
    I *MAY* pay for early access ... IF(!) it's reasonably priced (for example under 25 FC) AND I get a 40% or 50% off FC sale in the next few weeks (has to be BEFORE I go to WW). There would also be other factors influencing my purchase which have yet to be determined. (No limits on plots, shared/extended storage, etc would help tip the balance in favor, for example.) *IF* I do, I won't be the first to get it, I'll wait to read comments from those who beat me to the punch. As for the contest, I have no hope of being in the top 99.999999% of the best, so I'm not even going to bother entering. :(
  • AbsoladoAbsolado Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 430
    edited November 2011
  • flower5151flower5151 Assassin Registered User Posts: 729
    edited November 2011
    lo l lol c/s has just informed that there will be NO early access ..
    edited November 2011
    flower5151 wrote: »

You know what? After you said that something came to me. What if there is no "early access" like CS told you. Notice the contest says FREE access, not free and early. What if it's released to everyone at the same time, and the only way to get it IS to pay. Maybe it won't be free - ever. Notice the loading screen, it says "Save the Children" on it. Maybe the entire farm is like a charity crop, and it won't be free ever.

People will freak!! Imagine all the new threads, one after another!! Oh, the horror!!
  • Pup2011Pup2011 Cream Corn Champion Registered User Posts: 913
    edited November 2011
    I will only go on it if it is free. I'm done spending real money on this game or any other Zynga game.
  • bessiebrandsterbessiebrandster Colossal Titan Slayer Registered User Posts: 31
    edited November 2011
    Same as above poster for me . Over the last few quests i have done nothing but spend real
    cash on this game .
  • BabydollnikiBabydollniki Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 45
    edited November 2011
    What Winter Wonderland Stuff? It was in the market for like ONE HOUR and now it's gone...
  • maggie147maggie147 The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,163
    edited November 2011
    You know what? After you said that something came to me. What if there is no "early access" like CS told you. Notice the contest says FREE access, not free and early. What if it's released to everyone at the same time, and the only way to get it IS to pay. Maybe it won't be free - ever. Notice the loading screen, it says "Save the Children" on it. Maybe the entire farm is like a charity crop, and it won't be free ever.

People will freak!! Imagine all the new threads, one after another!! Oh, the horror!!

You're wrong. The contest is for the EARLY ACCESS!

I copy the rules of contest (the 1st post in the thread):
    Hey Farmers!

Love FarmVille? Love the winter season? Then show off your skills and make the newest FarmVille Animals come to life! Breathe life onto FarmVille characters by a caption for the image (above) from Winter Wonderland. Capture the best quotes and be one of the 50 lucky Farmers to have early access FarmVille's newest expansion, Winter Wonderland!
  • kittywhiskers8kittywhiskers8 Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 574
    edited November 2011
    What Winter Wonderland Stuff? It was in the market for like ONE HOUR and now it's gone...

The things you saw in the market were released in error and were then removed. Those items will be for the new Winter Wonderland farm that will be available soon.

OT: It looks pretty cool to me but I won't be paying FC to get 1 week early access...I can wait.
    edited November 2011
    maggie147 wrote: »
    You're wrong. The contest is for the EARLY ACCESS!

I copy the rules of contest (the 1st post in the thread):
    Hey Farmers!

Love FarmVille? Love the winter season? Then show off your skills and make the newest FarmVille Animals come to life! Breathe life onto FarmVille characters by a caption for the image (above) from Winter Wonderland. Capture the best quotes and be one of the 50 lucky Farmers to have early access FarmVille's newest expansion, Winter Wonderland!

Just going buy what the title says, just like last time. This time there was no mention of early access in the title. I'm not in the contest, so I have no reason to look. But, how many times has Zynga posted wrong info. for us here? Almost, always. I will let you decide.

Also, early access isn't free. All they do is give you the farm cash to BUY your way into it. So, there, it could still be farm cash only - forever.
  • RobToroRobToro Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 13,625
    edited November 2011
    I'll pay for early access.
  • ffdmedic3ffdmedic3 Pink Platypus of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 5,644 Lord of the Forums
    edited November 2011
    I am waiting to see what comes with early access.
  • Joseph2010Joseph2010 Assassin Registered User Posts: 810
    edited November 2011
    edited November 2011
    ffdmedic3 wrote: »
    I am waiting to see what comes with early access.

I hope for 500 plots!!
  • flopflipfanflopflipfan Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 533
    edited November 2011
    lol c/s has just informed that there will be NO early access ..

too funny. I talked with an awesome rep today who said "barring any unforseen problems, early access to WW will begin on..............."

Yeah right like I am gonna say it on here and have my post deleted LOL.:p
    edited November 2011
    too funny. I talked with an awesome rep today who said "barring any unforseen problems, early access to WW will begin on..............."

Yeah right like I am gonna say it on here and have my post deleted LOL.:p

3. Privacy

Private communications between forum members, moderators, Zynga employees, and affiliates or partners of Zynga Inc. should remain private.

Forum Content placed in public channels must not include copies of private communications, including support tickets, emails, private messages, and chat logs.
    edited November 2011
    I am somewhat surprised by the results so far. I thought there would be a lot more votes for "Trying to win free entry in contest, if not will wait for it to be free."

In retrospect, I could have added options that included using accumulated FV cash (earned/paid for). But I decided against it and just went with "other."
  • daisymae2daisymae2 Party Starter Registered User Posts: 187
    edited November 2011
    I will wait to see what perks, if any, go along with paying for early entry and it also depends on the cost of early entry. I paid for early entry to LHC because of the promise of bonus quests that only those that paid for early entry would get. Those quests never materialized so I will think carefully before paying for early entry to the WW farm.
  • cathyrackcathyrack Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 4,311
    edited November 2011

ROFL!! yep and they are so often correct! ROFL!!!

There's a thought though. I wouldn't bank on it, Z loves that fast cash but hey ya never know they have to be right now and again;)
  • VetteacherVetteacher Guru of Mayhem Facebook Connect User Posts: 537
    edited November 2011
    I chose other. I am willing to pay to go early, but haven't had a decent FC sale offered to me in quite some time. So, I may not be able to pay to go. ;)
  • Cowboy_PTCowboy_PT The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 119
    edited November 2011
    I can wait for it to be free as I did with LC.
    To pay for more work?
  • h8shoozh8shooz Colossal Titan Slayer Registered User Posts: 296
    edited November 2011
    i'm patient and will wait till i can get in there for free. i have better things to do with my fc. :D
    besides ... it's usually very buggy in the beginning anyway :D
  • MikeC-TMikeC-T Investigator Registered User Posts: 110
    edited November 2011
    I think there should be early passes available to players that have reported major problems with gameplay due to all the glitches....

Yes I know that means all of us :rolleyes:
  • Cochise1520Cochise1520 Assassin Registered User Posts: 946 On Fire
    edited November 2011
    After being aggravated with the quest and the postings for the last couple of months losing over half my active neighbors paying for a winterland farm will be the final slap from farmville
  • SharonM4SharonM4 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,168
    edited November 2011
    I can wait for free access. I'm looking forward to getting it but won't pay to go early.
    And if it's never released free then I will never have it. =)
    I won't pay for expansions to have more room to buy more items....
  • MoonchildMadnessMoonchildMadness Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,482 Lord of the Forums
    edited November 2011
    I voted other. I don't pay FC for expansions so I can't say I would buy for access sake.

I did buy the pass for the cove - I chose to do it because after reviewing the mountain lion free gift and the quest guide on the official blog, I decided that if the rewards I would get were in the market, I would have been willing to pay the cost of the ticket for those items- and I understand this being FV that anything could be free tomorrow.

I will treat WW the same way. When I see the cost of the ticket and what gifts you get for going early, I will decide if they are worth the cost and if I would buy them in the market to have them now, even though they might be free/cheaper later on. If they're worth it to me, I will buy if not I will wait for free access.