Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game freezes when storage barn selected

Comments

• Jana.LangovaJana.Langova Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited November 2011
    Lisa Faye wrote: »
    I spookified my barns for Halloween. Now it's time for them to be removed. But when I click on them, the game freezes, and adobe flash crashes. No matter if I use the game through Facebook, or farmville.com. It also doesn't matter if I use Google Chrome, Firefox, or IE. It all is the same.

I can only access my inventory through the cellar. No pop up of choices comes up on the barns before adobe flash crashes.

I have the latest version of flash. I closed and restarted all browsers I tried this on. It still does the same thing.

I want to get my Halloween cobwebs off my barns now. Help? :(

I have the same problem
  • Rwaded1Rwaded1 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited November 2011
    This is happening to me as well!! Can't clean up the webbs or access storage.
  • Rwaded1Rwaded1 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited November 2011
    FV is not loading or freezes. My crops are withering! This has been going on for some time now! Please fix it.
  • coleykcoleyk Loose Cannon Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited November 2011
    My red barn was tricked and has cob webs all over it..when I click on it to remove the trick...my whole computer freezes, I have to shut my computer down and turn it back on.
  • MistiBlueMistiBlue Learning the Ropes Registered User Posts: 11
    edited November 2011
  • coleykcoleyk Loose Cannon Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited November 2011
    Someone posted a thread a few weeks ago and they were told it was already a "known" issue....but when I go to the "known issues" thread....there is no thread on it.
  • wendyreichwendyreich Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited November 2011
    I have searched all the forums until my eyes are bleeding...so I am reaching out to my Farmville peers.

My barn was decorated for Halloween with cobwebs and now I cannot get them off and every time I click on my barn I get the dreaded white screen. I did write to Zygna for help but was told to check the forums for an answer.

Can anyone help me at all? Thanks

Wendy
  • Doctor FreemanDoctor Freeman Gabby Enthusiast Facebook Connect User Posts: 193
    edited November 2011
    You mean the cobwebs from Halloween 2010 right? The only way that I can offer to get rid of the cobwebs and the catastrophic game crash that comes with clicking on it is the use the recycle tool to sell it and buy a new one. I have the same issue, except I have no desire to be rid of my cobwebs. The 2010 tricks became incompatible with the game as soon as they released the 2011 method of tricking it seems because the catastrophic game failure caused by clicking on my Cobweb barn started when the new tricks started.
  • Mystical MeadowMystical Meadow Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 797
    edited November 2011
    wendyreich wrote: »
    I have searched all the forums until my eyes are bleeding...so I am reaching out to my Farmville peers.

My barn was decorated for Halloween with cobwebs and now I cannot get them off and every time I click on my barn I get the dreaded white screen. I did write to Zygna for help but was told to check the forums for an answer.

Can anyone help me at all? Thanks

Wendy

I agree with Dr.Freeman..deleting the barn was the only way I could remove the cobwebs. I do however find it hilarious that you stumped CS and they told you to come here for answers instead :rolleyes:
  • auntieem74auntieem74 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited November 2011
    I have a barn on my Lighthouse Cove that was spookified. When I tried to clean it up, it locks up my computer and I have to go to Task Manager to shut down explorer. I can't open the barn, delete it or move it.
  • grannygrey50grannygrey50 Investigator Registered User Posts: 132
    edited November 2011
    auntieem74 wrote: »
    I have a barn on my Lighthouse Cove that was spookified. When I tried to clean it up, it locks up my computer and I have to go to Task Manager to shut down explorer. I can't open the barn, delete it or move it.

I have had the same problem and have reported it and several others have. I am getting tired of having to use Task Manager to unfreeze my computer on FV on the barn and also on the pub and restaurant at times.:mad:
  • mzazmzaz Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 172
    edited November 2011
    auntieem74 wrote: »

Try Mozilla or Chrome. I haven't used IE for years. To many security issues with IE.:)
  • DaveBrzDaveBrz Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 178
    edited November 2011
    Same issue here when just when clicking on the barn, flash does not respond and have to close down once I get the error and restart FV.
  • stessenstessen Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited November 2011
    I also have a red barn on my main farm. When I click on it to un-spookify it, it freezes up the game. Unable to retrieve stored items this way either. I use internet explorer. Have cleaned cache and acess farmville on facebook. Tired farmville.com too with same problem. Looks like this has been going on a long time according to other posts. Any idea what to do next? Please Help!
  • sarahlee79sarahlee79 Loose Cannon Facebook Connect User Posts: 6 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited November 2011
    yes this has been happening to me also. I've been wanting to clean up the old Halloween tricks but every time I click on a barn to clean it mozilla freezes and locks up!
  • PattyPeppermintPattyPeppermint Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 591
    edited November 2011
    Known Issue. Spookified/Cobwebbed barn freezes game.
  • PattyPeppermintPattyPeppermint Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 591
    edited November 2011
    stessen wrote: »
    I also have a red barn on my main farm. When I click on it to un-spookify it, it freezes up the game. Unable to retrieve stored items this way either. I use internet explorer. Have cleaned cache and acess farmville on facebook. Tired farmville.com too with same problem. Looks like this has been going on a long time according to other posts. Any idea what to do next? Please Help!

You "can" retrieve items in storage. Click on your gift box. Above it is a barn picture. Click on that. You can access storage that way for now.

I just wish it would be fixed so I can decorate for Christmas.
  • potterrbpotterrb Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited November 2011
    When I click on my barn on my main farm the game freezes and greys out. Then the internet explorer stops working and restarts farmville. This has been happening since my barn was Spookified around Halloween.
  • wendyreichwendyreich Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited November 2011
    Thanks. Yeah, I have to be honest and say that I have had other issues with FV and when I wrote for help the folks at Zygna were MORE than helpful. This was the first time I was without any real help and was told to come for help here. Obviously that worked. THANKS! Now I am off to delete the cob webby barn!
  • lklebacklkleback Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 25
    edited November 2011
    Every time I click on the huge barns on my Home Farm, Adobe crashed.
  • coyle1152coyle1152 Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 71
    edited November 2011
    My farm is spookified and stuck I can't change or move it or anything HELP
  • Bonita88Bonita88 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited November 2011
    I have the same problem and I can't move my huge barn =(
  • valmommavalmomma Delightful Duckling Facebook Connect User Posts: 14
    edited November 2011
    happening on my farms also. whole computer freezes. have to restart. any progress? thanks.
  • Nicholas10Nicholas10 Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 9
    edited November 2011
    I didnt stored an "spookfied" item. Well, i dont i did.

Cleared Browser Cache (Yes or No): Yes
    State exactly what error message are you seeing: Theres no error message
    What browser and version you are currently using when getting the error: Firefox 80
    Are you playing FarmVille on FarmVille.com or Facebook when getting the error: Get the same problem on both
    Does it happen all the time: Only on my main farm
    Is it quest related? If yes, which Quest Line?: no
    Please explain what actions you took prior to getting the error: It happens when i open the game. The game is slow and sometimes crashes the flash plugin. I happened after the halloween. Maybe its an item but which one i really dont know.

That problem is really ****ing me off because i cant do nothing on my farm !!! The other two farms are ok.
  • char819char819 Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 213
    edited November 2011
    I posted about this a few weeks ago. Still not fixed. They replaced one barn, but I have 3 more barns. This really bites! I may have to write support again.
  • jbelandreadingjbelandreading Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 23
    edited November 2011
    I hope they fix it soon, The holidays are coming and I need to access my barn. seam to happen mostly on home farm.:(
  • robbinsrunrobbinsrun Forum Traveller Facebook Connect User Posts: 24
    edited November 2011
    I use the most current version of firefox as my browser.

I have the most current version of flash

This is occurring on my home farm only. I did not do halloween on the others.

After it sets for an indeterminable amount of time a message from flash appears on a gray background saying the flash plug in has crashed.

frankly I'd like to just remove the offending barn and web.

Help please.

Thanks in advance.

M
  • jhieronymusjhieronymus Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited November 2011
    I "spookified" my barn and now I cannot open it. An orange outline is around it but when I click on it, it freezes my Farmville. i have over 175 items stored in that barn and cannot access any of them. HELP!
  • farmerpennyfarmerpenny Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 127
    edited November 2011
    You can access your storage by clicking on the gift icon and when the thing pops up with the blue gift box or the red barn click on the barn. You might need to contact support about the barn.
  • JanetryJanetry Learning the Ropes Registered User Posts: 11
    edited November 2011
    When Halloween came around, I put spider webs on my barn on my home farm but when I try to remove it, it just freezes the game. Any suggestions?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file