Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

11-28-2011 Unable to complete Harvest

Comments

• AnnthewhofanAnnthewhofan Forum Detective Registered User Posts: 295 Unstained Chieftain
    edited November 2011
    There is 1 advantage I notice when it does not fully harvest a speciality on a cow it keeps throwing out collectables. But then of course one I refresh it they are lost or might be

Gauss what I refresh and what the cow I click on first that kept throwing out all the collectables was still intact only thing that I lost was the fuel I traded for. OK I thought that would happen
  • ItchieEye SamItchieEye Sam Super Moderator Super Moderator Posts: 2,017
    edited November 2011
    Please take the time to answer the questions in the first post (Known Issue).

As well if you could copy and paste the following into your reply and answer these questions it could help the team pin point what exactly the issue is.

1. Does this happen on all farms or just specific farm?

2. What are you not able to harvest? (list please, be specific)

3. Do you have your farmer trapped? (Trapping method)

4. What crop are/were you trying to harvest?

Please be very specific about what is happening and how it happens and what you are and are not able to do on your farm.

For any of you that continue to have this issue and can not do anything on your farm. If you could send me a PM with your user ID, I can forward it to the FV team for further investigation. Please do not post it here.

Thanks for the help guys!
  • massagehandsmassagehands Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 10
    edited November 2011
    I haven't been able to harvest any animals - not in pens - on my English farm only for over a week now. I'm getting really frustrated. When I click on an animal it gets stuck at 98%. When I tried to use a farmhands it didn't do anything so I lost a farmhands and no animals were harvested. I've tried to 'block' my farmer so she can't move and that didn't work either. Please fix this soon.
  • BriannadBriannad Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 3 New to the Forums
    edited November 2011
    I go on my farm and the new turkey and bow tie tree are not progressing like they should. In 24 hrs they both advanced 5% (from 1% yesterday to 6% now). I should have been able to harvest both yesterday. My grandmother is having similar issues. Other items on the farm are working normal and We're able to collect from them as expected. Unfortunately the ones with the problem have to do with the missions and this isn't the first time my grandmother and I haven't been able to complete missions b/c of bugs and it's not like we get compensated or a time extension (considering the problem isn't our fault).
    We are also still having intermittent issues posting needed items to the news feed. I've followed all of your tips and nothing's improved.
    Is there anything you can do for us players in the mean time to help us out until something gets resolved?
  • beegirl666beegirl666 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited November 2011
    When I click on an animal to harvest it on my home farm and on my Lighthouse Cove farm, they will not harvest. Sometimes it will show it harvesting to 98% but never a complete harvest. I can harvest my sheep/pig/horse pens and all other pens. I just cannot harvest individual animals. This applies to all types of animals on my farms. If I try to harvest an animal and it doesn't harvest, I can also no longer harvest anything else until I change farms or reload the game. So, to sum up, I click on an individual animal and it won't harvest and have not been able to harvest them for a week or so. PLEASE HELP!!!
  • lizlaughlove08lizlaughlove08 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited November 2011
    I have no idea how to use this forum, so here it goes.

I have not been able to harvest animals on my home farm for the last 4 or 5 days. The avatar moves to the first animal clicked, the animal reaches 99%, and then it freezes.
  • ckongsfckongsf Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited November 2011
    why i cant harvest my animals and cant send request to ask material from my neighbour?
  • Morgana FaireMorgana Faire Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited November 2011
    Cleared Browser Cache (Yes or No): Yes
    State exactly what error message are you seeing: No specific error message, when trying to harvest or tend animal the load bar goes to 99% and stops and then I can't do anything else.
    What browser and version you are currently using when getting the error: Windows 7
    Are you playing FarmVille on FarmVille.com or Facebook when getting the error: Playing through Facebook
    Does it happen all the time: Yes, so far it has happened every time for about 4 days now.
    Is it quest related? If yes, which Quest Line?: Yes, on the We Did Start the Fire but also on general animal gathering as well.
    Please explain what actions you took prior to getting the error: Nothing out of the ordinary - simply playing the game and trying to harvest my animals.
  • rabbitsrusrabbitsrus Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 10
    edited November 2011
    Cleared cache: yes
    Browser: IE9, version 9.0.8112.16421
    update version: 9.0.3
    Play FV on Facebook (same problem if played from FV)
    Lighthouse Cove only

Can't harvest individual animals, freeze at 97%
    can harvest aviary, barns,pens,pasture,crops
    Neighbor was stuck feeding coop, now cleared

Happy to answer any other questions
  • arlenebrittoarlenebritto Muffin Facebook Connect User Posts: 12 Muffin
    edited November 2011
    My English Countryside doesn't load more than 1 month.

State exactly what error message are you seeing: white screen with an exclamation point at the center, or missing plug-in (all plug-ins are updated)
    What browser and version you are currently using when getting the error: Windows 7 (32bits).
    Are you playing FarmVille on FarmVille.com or Facebook when getting the error: Playing through Facebook (but the problem also occurs in farmville.com)
    Does it happen all the time: Yes, so far it has happened every time for about 1 month now.
    Is it quest related? If yes, which Quest Line?: Yes, on the start the game.
    Please explain what actions you took prior to getting the error: Simply playing the game and trying to harvest my animals and plantation.
  • tlschugletlschugle Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited November 2011
    Cleared Browser Cache (Yes or No):
    Yes
    State exactly what error message are you seeing:
    No Error message
    What browser and version you are currently using when getting the error:
    Google Chrome
    Are you playing FarmVille on FarmVille.com or Facebook when getting the error:
    Facebook
    Does it happen all the time:
    Yes, so far it has happened every time for about 1 month now.
    Is it quest related?
    Not specifically but it does interfere with quests. It happens any time I try to harvest a single animal
    Please explain what actions you took prior to getting the error: Just tried to harvest an animal .. it gets to 98% and stops. If I use a farmhand it will harvest but I am now out of farmhands
  • Carolyn Sydney AustraliaCarolyn Sydney Australia Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 10 Loose Cannon
    edited November 2011
    Cleared cache: yes
    Browser: IE9 and/or Google Chrome (same problem from both)
    Play FV on Facebook but have tried from Farmville.com and same thing happens
    Lighthouse Cove, Home Farm, and English Countryside are all affected
    Can't harvest individual animals, freezes between 97% and 99%. No message appears except the harvesting 99%, I then have to exit Farmville and start the program again.
    Can harvest animals if I use a Farmhard (but I've run out of them now)
    Can't harvest individual trees unless I use the Arborist.
    All other harvesting is okay.
    This has been happening since Thursday 24th November and it did affect quests but there are none running at the moment and the problem is still happening.
  • dirtmamadirtmama Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited November 2011
    Unable to harvest animals for about a week now. the game freezes. I have tried clearing the cashe and cookies. It happens on both facebook and farmville. The animals will harvest if I use a farm hand but I am out of those.
  • AngelouzAngelouz Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 5 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited November 2011
    (Q) Cleared Browser Cache (Yes or No)
    (A) YES

(Q) State exactly what error message are you seeing:
    (A) No error message as such just stops farming / collecting at 98/99% and locks up

(Q) What browser and version you are currently using when getting the error:
    (A) I have tried it both Explorer and Firefox and get same issue.

(Q) Are you playing FarmVille on FarmVille.com or Facebook when getting the error
    (A) Facebook

(Q) Does it happen all the time:
    (A) YES

(Q) Is it quest related? If yes, which Quest Line?:
    (A) Not quest related

(Q) Please explain what actions you took prior to getting the error
    (A) Just general famring of Animals / Trees / Buildings.

This issue started on English farm site only, but now seems to also be happening on the Cove site also. Its VERY annoying. :(:mad:
  • BeMerryBeMerry Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited November 2011
    I've this problem too, though it only seems to affect the home farm. The English Farm and the Cove are unaffected so far.

State exactly what error message are you seeing: No error messages appear on Facebook. The animal becomes half-transparent after clicking on it and freezes. If I use Farmhands the same happens to all the animals but after logging out the animals are harvested.

On FarmVille.com I get "Whoa Farmer! Oops. We found a problem." Refreshing the farm does not help. Same problem occures.
    What browser and version you are currently using when getting the error: Google Chrome
    Are you playing FarmVille on FarmVille.com or Facebook when getting the error: both
    Does it happen all the time: Yes
    Is it quest related? If yes, which Quest Line?: No
    Please explain what actions you took prior to getting the error: I just click on the animals.
  • evansthespyevansthespy Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited November 2011
    I am having an animal harvestion problem on one farm ONLY, Cove and english farm are ok but Home farm is not working. When I harvest any animals the collection bar goes to 97 , 98 or 99% the looks the game? Trees and pens work ok

Please help

Rob
  • FarmerPaul999FarmerPaul999 Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 195
    edited November 2011
    For 2 days i cant harvest any animals or trees,Why cant zynga sort out some of the hundreds of glitchs before making 2-3-4 farms,I know it is only a pilot game and might not last much longer but while it lasts please sort out at least 80% of the glitches.
  • TuchuckTuchuck Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 9 Loose Cannon
    edited November 2011
    I can not harvest animals on two farms, the cove & home farm.
    For the last 5 days, animals collect up to 98% / 99% & freeze.
    Unable to harvest for last 5 days !
    The English farm works fine !
    To top it off the wife is another user on the same computer & browser, &
    everything works fine for her using same programs.
    This indicates to me that it is a Server side problem.
    And now I have two borked farms for 5 days !
    Customer Service was contacted Nov 29th, 2011
    Waiting to see if they can figure it out !!!!
    Been doing it for a year, & since cove & england started, NP !
    Have the latest Adobe Flash installed & have a 2nd browser Firefox ( same on both ! ).
    Any help would be appreciated !
  • DrMike54DrMike54 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited November 2011
    I am having the same problem. Wrote to Zynga support several days ago. They said they fixed it. NOT!!!!! I can't harvest animals. When I do my Avatar collects up to ~98% then the game freezes. If I go to another farm (England or Lighthouse Cove) I am still frozen when I return to my home farm. I am using Windows Vista on Internet Explorer 9. This problem is so annoying I am about to quit Farmville over it....
  • LironaLirona Loose Cannon Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited December 2011
    Try trapping your farmer and see it that makes a difference.

When you first load your farm before doing anything else, try surrounding your avatar with hay bales so he/she is trapped at the spawn point.

This might work.

If it doesn't, come back and let us know.

Guide to trapping your farmer/avatar

Hi ItchieEye Sam,

Yes, I too have not been able to harvest, or it doesn't "stick" (I can use a combine & come back to a field that's only been harvested, or harvested & plowed, or simply withered.)

Here's the info you guys requested...
    Cleared Browser Cache (Yes or No): YES (Logged out Cleared cache & cookies)
    State exactly what error message are you seeing: No error message, just freezes... Also, if harvesting the animals with the stars above them & I believe sometimes critter enclosures or tree orchards, the view goes up into the sky, about 15-20 grab & pull top to bottom of play area.
    What browser and version you are currently using when getting the error:
    I've had this happen on both Google Chrome & MSIE, latest versions. I hear this is also occuring with Firefox, but haven't tested it on my own machines.
    Are you playing FarmVille on FarmVille.com or Facebook when getting the error: I have tried both FB & Farmville.com, thinking there might be a difference. Loading on Farmville.com was extremely slow, so I went back to FB.
    Does it happen all the time: This occurs most, but not all of the time, yet lately it happens all the time. My penguins simply disappeared & I haven't been able to complete quests as a rsult, but just planted my potatoes anyhow, thinking there might be an extension b/c of the problem.
    Is it quest related? If yes, which Quest Line?:
    "Time for a Good Sit" is the latest one... there were several before this though that I was unable to complete as a result.
    Please explain what actions you took prior to getting the error: I was simply gathering, harvesting, etc. Once in a while when planting, although this seems to be a harvesting issue.

The "looking at the blue sky" issue seems to be when gathering from either animal enclosures or from gathering orchards & either a "look at the sky" or total freeze occurs when trying to gather animals with the stars in circles above them. This happens when using Farm Hands as well, yet the animals aren't harvested.

The harvests not taking sometimes you see the freeze, other times you don't see it until you come back & have crops not planted, and sometimes the old crops you thought you had harvested are sitting there withered.:confused:

This started about a week ago +/-, but my farm is "frozen" as I'm typing this.

Just another note (may be related, maybe not?) I have items in my "gifts" that I believe are no longer in use from old quests. Some I've deleted, others I haven't. There seem to be plenty there that aren't in use.

Another issue that may be related is when playing, it seems if a gift, or a few gifts come in when playing, the game often freezes until I reload, then get the gifts, then I am able to resume playing, yet if I'm harvesting at the time (crops or animals) it takes me back quite a ways to pre-harvesting.

I hope this is helpful & that you find the problem(s).

I used to be an avid Frontierville/Pioneerville player, but the problems made it seem far too much like work, so I check on the game once in a while, but have pretty much given up on that game, as there are FAR too many problems for it to be enjoyable. I hope those issues can be resolved as well, and wonder if there is perhaps shared code that might be creating some of the problems? I dunno, but sad to see Farmville having so many issues & have to wonder if some are not at the very least interactive within Farmville?

Thanks & all the best in fixing this crazy game we all love so much!

Lirona
  • HobbyFarmerHobbyFarmer Muffin Registered User Posts: 11 Muffin
    edited December 2011
    Posting on behalf of my hubby....

For quite some time now he's been unable to harvest animals in the English countryside. If you use a 'farmhands' it works, but he does not have very many, and if you click on animals individually, the progress bar goes to 99% and stops. You can do other things, like make goods, but not harvest until you reload the page. Nothing works to harvest animals. 'Tis very frustrating, to say the least.
  • bobbie44bobbie44 Investigator Registered User Posts: 113
    edited December 2011
    Cleared Browser Cache: YES

State exactly what error message are you seeing: NONE - IT JUST HANGS AND DOES NOTHING

What browser and version you are currently using when getting the error: BOTH IE7 AND CHROME

Are you playing FarmVille on FarmVille.com or Facebook when getting the error: FACEBOOK

Does it happen all the time: YES

Is it quest related? If yes, which Quest Line?: NO

Please explain what actions you took prior to getting the error: HARVESTED ANIMALS MANUALLY OR WITH FARMHAND
  • COME ONCOME ON Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited December 2011
    I can not harvest animal on my English farm. Stops @98% and sometimes 99%. I have cleared cashe, and that has not helped.
    What do I do.
    Only thing that works is useing the farm hands, and I ran out.
    :mad:
  • eelegant38eelegant38 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited December 2011
    For some reason my character freezes up at 98% and will not harvest any of the animals on lighthouse cove and home farm but my english farm working fine this has been going on for 2 week now not happy as lost out on loads of coins plz help
  • sheldon1973sheldon1973 Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 2 Loose Cannon
    edited December 2011
    Its been going on for about a week I click on an animal to harvest it and it gets to about 95% and quits. Ive used farmhands and that doesnt work. Same thing with my trees. I didnt get a few jobs done because I couldnt harvest the animal for it. Im getting so sick of all this. Im about ready to quit playing farmville
  • kiwifarmgirlkiwifarmgirl Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited December 2011
    State exactly what error message are you seeing: No error message displays, but I am unable to harvest individual animals on my home farm.
    What browser and version you are currently using when getting the error: Error occurs with both Chrome and IE
    Are you playing FarmVille on FarmVille.com or Facebook when getting the error: Error occurs on both
    Does it happen all the time: Yes and has been happening for about 2 weeks now
    Please explain what actions you took prior to getting the error: I was playing the game as usual and when I went to harvest an animal on my home farm it would not harvest. I can harvest using a farmhand but have to close out of the game completely before the coins will add to my total and the pink things to clear from the animals. I can harvest my animals fine on both EC and LC.
  • matiziamatizia Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited December 2011
    Hi
    I've been stuck with this for a while now. It only affects my EC expansion, only single animals, I can harvest pens, hen coop etc. The dogs I have can't harvest either.

Cleared Browser Cache - Yes -
    State exactly what error message are you seeing - No error messages, the Collecting bar is stuck at 99% or lower. The game sort of freezes, I can open the pub and the craftshop, but I cant harvest anything else (trees) unless I start the game again.
    What browser and version you are currently using when getting the error: - Firefox 8.0
    Are you playing FarmVille on FarmVille.com or Facebook when getting the error: I get the error in both cases
    Does it happen all the time: Yes
    Please explain what actions you took prior to getting the error: I cannot tell, unfortunately I don't even know when exactly it happened - if I find that something's wrong I don't get my knickers in a twist, as it were, i've got some bugs before (for example, the piglet/lambs didn't grow) but I really don't care if it happens once in a while. But this is quite annoying. I tried to use the Farmhand but nothing happens and even if I use the Farmhand, when I start the game again the animals are harvested but I don't get the money...
  • PreziosaPreziosa Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited December 2011
    Cleared Browser Cache: Yes
    State exactly what error message are you seeing: no msg just freeze
    What browser and version you are currently using when getting the error: firefox 8
    Are you playing FarmVille on FarmVille.com or Facebook when getting the error: Facebook
    Does it happen all the time: every time I try to collect animals, bulding ecc but only in the lighthouse cove
    Is it quest related? If yes, which Quest Line?: no
    Please explain what actions you took prior to getting the error: i start to collect
  • kimashawnkimashawn Pumpkin Facebook Connect User Posts: 3 Loose Cannon
    edited December 2011
    When I go to harvest animals, it goes to 99% and just stops, I can't do anything else until I reload the game. I tried to harvest from a cow, and I just kept getting, milk, stools, etc., one after another, I counted I got them like 10x in a row, until I reloaded the game.
  • nascar8853nascar8853 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 6 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited December 2011
    my person is trapped and it won't let me harvest my animals on my England countryside please help
    I have tried going to my cove farm or my home farm then going back and it still won't let my harvest the animals
This discussion has been closed.