Many game performance issues (i.e. Loading, crashing, Missing Features, Sync-ing of Game) can be resolved in the following ways:
A.) Check your Internet connection
- Make sure that your device is connected through WiFi, 3G, 4G or LTE.
- If you play through a WiFi connection, make sure your router is on. Additionally, try not to play too far away from it, as you may lose the WiFi signal.
B.) Make sure you have the latest version of Facebook Gameroom.
- Click Start
- Tap Control Panel
- Choose Add or Remove Programs
- Delete your current Facebook Gameroom
- Download the latest version here: http://zynga.my/eafacebookgameroom
C.) If the game doesn't run correctly, and you encounter the following issues:
- The download doesn't complete.
- The game keeps asking to update the app to the latest version.
- It only shows a blank screen.
- Distorted background or showing pink icons.
- Unable to load the game.
To have this resolved, please follow the instructions below:
- Open Facebook Gameroom app, then go to the Downloaded Games
- Look for "Empires & Allies" in the list of games that you’ve downloaded, then click "X" next to the specific game which should either stop the current download or remove the game.
- On the "Removing game" window, simply tap "Confirm"
- Search and click on the Empires & Allies game again to restart downloading it. Also, try fully closing Gameroom by right-clicking on Gameroom in the bottom right taskbar, and then reopen Gameroom.
D.) If you encounter the "Data Folder Not Found - There should be 'filename' folder next to the executable" error, performing the steps below may help fix it:
- Close Facebook Gameroom
- Open My Computer, then go to C:\Users\Public\Facebook Games folder
- Delete all the files\subfolder in this path
- Open Facebook Gameroom, then download E&A game again
E.) If you encounter the following Facebook Gameroom issues:
- Unable to open Gameroom app as it is stuck on its logo and redirects you to FB web
- Unable to download Empires & Allies as it is stuck on "connecting"
- Unable to search Empires & Allies or other Zynga games on Gameroom
As these issues are from Facebook, performing the workarounds below may give you temporary access, but not fully fix those problems:
- Open Facebook, then select "Games" under the "Explore" section
- You will see all the games associated with your account by going to "Your Games"
- Look for "Empires & Allies" in the list of games that you've accessed, then click "Play Now"
- On the pop-up window, simply tap the "Play on Gameroom,
- On the "Open Facebook Games?" prompt message, simply click "Open Facebook Games"
Note: You can also check/uncheck the box for "Always open these types of links in the associated app"
F.) Make sure that your system meets the necessary requirements for seamless playing experience
G.) If you need further assistance regarding your Facebook Gameroom application, please reach out to Facebook Support.
Note: You can also visit the Facebook Gameroom FAQ for additional info.