Medal-ling down for War Advantage and Calling Bases?

lceruralcerura Not a Title, but a StarPosts: 7Registered User Loose Cannon

Let's be honest. If an alliance chooses smaller wars instead of going all-out then having members call out bases isn't a bad idea. But, expecting your members to have to check back in the chat-room to see who has called what? Not a very good idea IMHO

Just came from an alliance that expected above Plus, expected me to medal down for better match-ups.

Not so sure about the thinking with that last one. Does it really help with match-ups? Lord knows things are bad enough in current individual match-ups if your medals are too high. Don't know if that extends to full-out alliance wars. ???

Comments

• CleanerCleaner Posts: 81Registered User, Facebook Connect User Dramachine

I am looking on the forums this morning hoping to find the answer about war being mismatched. My alliance was seriously mismatched last night. As for calling bases during wars we tried that, and the very member that said we do that double tapped himself after another member called that base. Since we have also called bases, and it still happens, and always will from the proof I've seen. I have four accounts. Two are matched to same headquarter levels in quick match while the other two get matched to bases with headquarters of much higher level. As for the medal issue I was once in an alliance that the general was always insisting members drop medals when he rarely did. They lost nearly every war, the general never defended his base nor did not ever give a good example as how to get three flags. As for the medal count in wars I do not know for sure, but wonder. I read just a few minutes ago that Zynga was supposed to be fixing it a couple months ago. Guess they are still sleeping on it.

• jhonnyplumberjhonnyplumber Posts: 714Registered User, Facebook Connect User Party Starter

alliance wars are based upon overall average iq of the team searching wars.. it should match you within a few iq give or take. from my current experience medals has nothing to do with it...medals only affect quick match ....

• lceruralcerura Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 7Registered User Loose Cannon

@Cleaner said:
    As for calling bases during wars we tried that, and the very member that said we do that double tapped himself after another member called that base. Since we have also called bases, and it still happens, and always will from the proof I've seen.

It's a funny thing. How some folks don't get it, that is. Been part of a team that always went out in smaller wars. Right there it was a great idea to quickly call bases (if the other team was taking their time and there was no rush). That way, it was easier to keep track of who called what.

But when you've got large force wars then trying to call bases is insane. A person's supposed to keep checking the chat room to see who has called what? Really? ...and then, if you've scrolled down the chat room and someone happens to post something new then you're screwed and lost cause your own chatroom scrolls back to the top automatically.

@jhonnyplumber said:
    alliance wars are based upon overall average iq of the team searching wars.. it should match you within a few iq give or take. from my current experience medals has nothing to do with it...medals only affect quick match ....

Thanks for your feedback. Have asked around and that appears to be the consensus.

• M_L_K_M_RcM_L_K_M_Rc Posts: 168Registered User, Facebook Connect User Investigator

Yes, and that is also bad. "Normal" players will always lose out to those alliances that ignore building defenses and resources ( both of questionable value anyway) i.e. high HQ and low XP levels. It is demoralising frankly as there is no way to battle this with strategy, since you cannot tear down buildings. Imho, and this has been requested for years, the algo should weigh HQ level and XP level when matching war opponents. I believe this is one reason players quit, you build normally and then get beat up in wars...and wars is perhaps the only fun thing at higher levels. Take away that and...

• M_L_K_M_RcM_L_K_M_Rc Posts: 168Registered User, Facebook Connect User Investigator

A "handicap" would also be a good thing. Bad matchings is detected and the weaker team cannot be attacked for x hours, giving them a head start and a small advantage.

@M_L_K_M_Rc said:
    Yes, and that is also bad. "Normal" players will always lose out to those alliances that ignore building defenses and resources ( both of questionable value anyway) i.e. high HQ and low XP levels. It is demoralising frankly as there is no way to battle this with strategy, since you cannot tear down buildings. Imho, and this has been requested for years, the algo should weigh HQ level and XP level when matching war opponents. I believe this is one reason players quit, you build normally and then get beat up in wars...and wars is perhaps the only fun thing at higher levels. Take away that and...

That's funny. Hadn't thought of things that way. My two big bases are helping my newest smaller one build up. Toying with the idea of ignoring any additional supply depots and other resource producers. Really, why bother?

Imagine attacking a base devoid of those xp producing buildings and instead filled with defensive weapons.
    Yep, Discouraging! lol

• Aloha BunnyAloha Bunny Super Moderator Posts: 1,688Registered User, Super Moderator, Facebook Connect User Moderator

@jhonnyplumber is correct, Commanders. It's true that the system will try to look for an ideal opponent on Alliance War based on the player levels of the participating Alliance members, while the quick match is on the Medal count. If there's none, a less suitable match may be found and it may be paired with a stronger or weaker rival. Rest assured that all of your sentiments will be relayed to the E&A team. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

• CleanerCleaner Posts: 81Registered User, Facebook Connect User Dramachine

Zynga just needs to get their programming and coding together. Our highest HQ is a 24. We get matched up with a team that has 4 level 28 HQ. Nothing fair in this game.