Not enough Tech - #BRINGBACKFARMING

eyesackeyesack Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 21 Delightful Duckling D

It's noticeable that you have lowered the amount of supplies you can farm during Quick Matches. That's fine, but you have lowered the Tech WAY too far. It's getting very difficult to upgrade when my Supplies and Steel reserves are maxed out but my Tech isn't even half full.

I want all of my attacks to matter; it's demoralizing when the supplies and steel I just "farmed" don't even count because I'm just trying to get more Tech.

Please re-balance the amount of Tech you can farm from Quick Matches. Thank you.

BRINGBACKFARMING

• The NSA, I mean Facebook, knows I play this.

Comments

• Aloha BunnyAloha Bunny Super Moderator Registered User, Super Moderator, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,685 Moderator

I appreciate your feedback about the loot resources, and it will be relayed to the E&A team. Thank you for your patience, @eyesack.

• Lt columboLt columbo Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 70 Black Sheep of ze Internet

I just farm for tech for that exact reason. So much supplies and steel not needed at this point

• eyesackeyesack Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 21 Delightful Duckling D

@Lt columbo said:
    I just farm for tech for that exact reason. So much supplies and steel not needed at this point

Exactly @Lt columbo - I'm a level 22 HQ and my supply drops are still level 18's and my Steel Factory is still level 16 - no need to upgrade them.

• eyesackeyesack Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 21 Delightful Duckling D

Your resources are so imbalanced. There is plenty of oil, supplies, and steel but not enough Tech at all. And as you level up your HQ the imbalance gets worse. You need to:

1) Rebalance the Production/Hour, especially on Tech. There is no Tech at all and WAY too much supplies and oil that we just end up giving it away. In fact, I'm a level 22 HQ and my supplies and oil buildings are still at level 18 because there's no reason to upgrade them.

2) Rebalance the amount of resources we gain from farming other bases -
    it's very noticeable that you have dropped farming rewards

BRINGBACKFARMING

3) Also create an exchange option for your players AFTER you rebalance the Production rates and AFTER you rebalance the farming rewards. This will allow a player that is high in Oil to trade it at a 2:1 deficit for another resource of their choosing.

There are many players that are getting frustrated with this game. We have experienced a drop in members and a drop in players. It's because you are focusing on Omega releases and flashy fancy things, while forgetting the basics of the game need to be addressed and fixed.

• ScottyzealScottyzeal Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 19 Muffin

Why can't Zynga just remove the limits on mission changing that should have never been applied in the first place? That was wrong. Punish your lifeblood that supports the game to try and bilk more money from them. on second thought, considering that I stopped buying gold as a result, I am saving a few hundred dollars a month now...

• Peter VdmeulenPeter Vdmeulen Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star
    This is like the lamest topic ever. I have almost max base. Haven't spend 1 dollar, and i have to play for tech and i have to much of everything else. My god play another game if you think it's to difficult

@Peter Vdmeulen in your comment you also admit a shortage of tech and an overabundance of other supplies is a problem. So thank you for confirming that they have to adjust the game.

As far as the other player's comment on spending money, that has nothing to do with the real issue.

My issue is I have a busy life so the time I do get to play the game needs to be worth it. I can't farm millions of steel only to have 100,000 tech. Then I have to leave the game, and the moment I do I lose all my work.

And Peter, this game is losing players. Our clan is losing players. Zynga needs to start fixing stuff! I'm trying to get Zynga to stop focusing on how they can make more money and get them to think about how they can get more players back! Then the money will come for them. If all the players leave, then you also lose the game.

• jhonnyplumberjhonnyplumber Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 714 Party Starter

i just dont play and all my troubles disappear ... go figa

• Lt columboLt columbo Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 70 Black Sheep of ze Internet

Gee I farm and each attack gives me 150 to 175k per attack.

• DarthVaporDarthVapor Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 55 This Space is Available
    edited December 2017

I actually have the exact opposite of the problem. I have far more tech than I can use. Usually have 3-4 mill of the stuff I keep sending back and forth between accounts.
    Perhaps this will change when upgrade requirements increase with HQ level increase beyond level 18. For now though, I have no problem acquiring any of the resources I need to upgrade and research.

Fyi:
    I'm one of those fools who upgrade and research everything to max level before upgrading my HQ.

> @DarthVapor said:
    > I actually have the exact opposite of the problem. I have far more tech than I can use. Usually have 3-4 mill of the stuff I keep sending back and forth between accounts.
    > Perhaps this will change when upgrade requirements increase with HQ level increase beyond level 18. For now though, I have no problem acquiring any of the resources I need to upgrade and research.
    >
    > Fyi:
    > I'm one of those fools who upgrade and research everything to max level before upgrading my HQ.

It will definitely change when you get to HQ Level 21, 22 and higher. Tech used to be unnecessary at lower levels and then at higher levels it turns into a rare resource.
  • texas8171texas8171 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 314 Unstained Chieftain
    edited December 2017

I do not agree with farming. Its just farming for resources. Not farming for anything rare or special, like war factory components. From my experience in farming in another game, it was for rare items. Not farming for something so basic like resources. True, resources can be hard to come by. But they are not rare or special. They are basic necessity. I believe farming should be for something rare or special. But point is farming doesn't solve the resource problem. The upgrade prices are over priced. To me, farming just for basic necessity like resources is a boring way to play. My opinion. But if it was farming for something special or rare like war factory components, then that would be a different story.

@texas8171 said:
    I do not agree with farming. Its just farming for resources. Not farming for anything rare or special, like war factory components. From my experience in farming in another game, it was for rare items. Not farming for something so basic like resources. True, resources can be hard to come by. But they are not rare or special. They are basic necessity. I believe farming should be for something rare or special. But point is farming doesn't solve the resource problem. The upgrade prices are over priced. To me, farming just for basic necessity like resources is a boring way to play. My opinion. But if it was farming for something special or rare like war factory components, then that would be a different story.

So what you're saying is farming in E&A is not worth it. I agree with your overall point - make farming worth our time! I swear Zynga does not listen to any of their real players. But Zynga is getting really good at making us wait longer and longer for the game to start because they're throwing new splash Ads at us :s

• DarthVaporDarthVapor Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 55 This Space is Available

@eyesack said:
    > @DarthVapor said:
    > I actually have the exact opposite of the problem. I have far more tech than I can use. Usually have 3-4 mill of the stuff I keep sending back and forth between accounts.
    > Perhaps this will change when upgrade requirements increase with HQ level increase beyond level 18. For now though, I have no problem acquiring any of the resources I need to upgrade and research.
    >
    > Fyi:
    > I'm one of those fools who upgrade and research everything to max level before upgrading my HQ.

It will definitely change when you get to HQ Level 21, 22 and higher. Tech used to be unnecessary at lower levels and then at higher levels it turns into a rare resource.

Seeing the effect you're speaking of since upgrading to HQ 19. Not comparable to HQ 21, 22 and beyond, I'm sure. If this is a taste of what's yet to come, Zynga definitely needs to sort out the resource shet show. Be it adjusting resource requirements or rolling back its farming update.

For the record:
    I don't disagree with farming. What does it matter to anyone how another person acquires their resources? To me, it's no different than someone coining their way through the game. Which, is an accepted means to progress.

Kill the farming limitations. Doing so was available to everyone since the game's conception. So no-one had an unfair advantage over another player. We all know absolutely no-one complained to Zynga about an unfair advantage of farming off the globe.
    Its sole purpose is a money grab for Zynga.

Kill the Omega xp limit (globe) as well. Again, leveling an Omega on the globe was available to everyone. So no-one had an unfair advantage over another player doing so. Except for, people who leveled their Omegas by scripting. Which, I guarantee, Zynga did nothing about. That there, is the unfair advantage. Those people keep their max level Omegas and everyone else gets to snail level their Omegas.
    Nothing but another money grab for Zynga.

Anyways, enough of the rant.

@DarthVapor - Yes, Level 19 and 20 is where I started to struggle with the imbalance.
    It would be nice if Zynga would comment on this thread...
  • Aloha BunnyAloha Bunny Super Moderator Registered User, Super Moderator, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,685 Moderator

Apologies for any inconvenience, and thank you for sharing all of your feedback, Commanders. What I can do at this time is to forward your experiences and suggestions to the E&A team. Your patience is appreciated.

• ScottyzealScottyzeal Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 19 Muffin

The bottom line is that Zynga used the most severe case of propaganda in any game in the history of gaming to limit what members can acquire in the game. The only complaints about farming were planted! And they were so minimal compared to the complaints about the mission change limits that it tells the tale. Zynga lied and stole from the players out of greed. Plain and simple. No further discussion needed.
    Now kindly remove the limits Zynga. The entire idea has caused nothing but trouble. The programming glitches involved have cost the players untold resources and the limits HAVE GIVEN ZYNGA AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE OVER THE PLAYERS.

@Scottyzeal said:
    The bottom line is that Zynga used the most severe case of propaganda in any game in the history of gaming to limit what members can acquire in the game. The only complaints about farming were planted! And they were so minimal compared to the complaints about the mission change limits that it tells the tale. Zynga lied and stole from the players out of greed. Plain and simple. No further discussion needed.
    Now kindly remove the limits Zynga. The entire idea has caused nothing but trouble. The programming glitches involved have cost the players untold resources and the limits HAVE GIVEN ZYNGA AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE OVER THE PLAYERS.

I was wondering what happened... do you know any more details?

• YolOReverYolORever Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 83 Dramachine

Pehaps the problem of having too much or too less of tech, steel, supplies or oil can be solved if Zynga would install a Trader bank. In other games there is a trader too, which trades rss for other.

• CleanerCleaner Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 82 Dramachine

Go play Farmville if you think this game is all about farming! I agree we need another tech factory sometimes. Sometimes I end up with more tech than supplies. Because I go fight for my resources. Never have or never will spend a buck on the game. Just play as intended because I like it. No don't like the bugs/glitches, but what game don't have that!? Have complaints, then find another game more to your liking.

> @Cleaner said:
    > Go play Farmville if you think this game is all about farming! I agree we need another tech factory sometimes. Sometimes I end up with more tech than supplies. Because I go fight for my resources. Never have or never will spend a buck on the game. Just play as intended because I like it. No don't like the bugs/glitches, but what game don't have that!? Have complaints, then find another game more to your liking.

Hey Einstein, in case you haven’t noticed this game is LOSING players. And we’re not getting many new ones because of the bad reviews out there. I’m trying to give suggestions that will save the game and attract more players. Maybe it’s fixing the farming, maybe it’s something else.... I don’t know. But what I do know is if things don’t change you and I both will be looking for different games to play.
  • CleanerCleaner Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 82 Dramachine

@eyesack said:
    > @Cleaner said:
    > Go play Farmville if you think this game is all about farming! I agree we need another tech factory sometimes. Sometimes I end up with more tech than supplies. Because I go fight for my resources. Never have or never will spend a buck on the game. Just play as intended because I like it. No don't like the bugs/glitches, but what game don't have that!? Have complaints, then find another game more to your liking.

Hey Einstein, in case you haven’t noticed this game is LOSING players. And we’re not getting many new ones because of the bad reviews out there. I’m trying to give suggestions that will save the game and attract more players. Maybe it’s fixing the farming, maybe it’s something else.... I don’t know. But what I do know is if things don’t change you and I both will be looking for different games to play.

Ok Clinton in case you think farming is going to fix a game 100% or that you think I care how many crybabies stop playing then more power to you. Enjoy!

> @Cleaner said:
    > @eyesack said:
    > > @Cleaner said:
    > > Go play Farmville if you think this game is all about farming! I agree we need another tech factory sometimes. Sometimes I end up with more tech than supplies. Because I go fight for my resources. Never have or never will spend a buck on the game. Just play as intended because I like it. No don't like the bugs/glitches, but what game don't have that!? Have complaints, then find another game more to your liking.
    >
    > Hey Einstein, in case you haven’t noticed this game is LOSING players. And we’re not getting many new ones because of the bad reviews out there. I’m trying to give suggestions that will save the game and attract more players. Maybe it’s fixing the farming, maybe it’s something else.... I don’t know. But what I do know is if things don’t change you and I both will be looking for different games to play.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Ok Clinton in case you think farming is going to fix a game 100% or that you think I care how many crybabies stop playing then more power to you. Enjoy!

You’re missing the big picture - this game is losing players and needs help. Who cares about Farming? It was just one of many things Zynga needs to fix instead of simply coming out with ANOTHER HQ level or Omega unit
  • StinkyStinky Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 153 Saint Spontaneous

The only reason the tech shortage is so apparent is because Zynga fixed the steel shortage caused by adding the Omega Units. Yes tech is a limiting factor. It is not impossible, it is difficult to acquire. That makes the game challenging, and keeps it interesting. If it’s impossible that’s discouraging, but it is not. My bases are HQ20-HQ24 I am currently bouncing 1M+ tech. Try other sources than QM.