Unbalanced matchmaking issue ?

BlueStoneBlueStone Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Hey guys , Thanks for this awesome game , i used to play the old one on Facebook way back , until it ended , just picked up the android version 2 months ago and ,recently , problems regarding unbalanced matchmaking started to pop up .

I played almost everyday , used to max everything and level up my HQ slowly , i got over 10000 medals and level 43 .
When my HQ was level 12 ,the game started matched me with very high HQ player , usually HQ level 16+ , so i upgraded to HQ 14 without maxing most of my other buildings , troops and command powers .
Now the matchmaking got worse and 90% of the time i get matched with 20+ HQ level bases ,so with this HQ level ( 12 to 14) i i could barely beat level 16 HQ max but 17+ HQ are almost impossible to beat .
I really hope this problem is solved because now i can't play the game anymore , i only wait for the weekly operations and barely complete them to progress .

Comments

• Commander DariusCommander Darius Super Moderator Posts: 2,245Super Moderator, Administrator Administrator

Thank you for providing your feedback, @BlueStone. You're getting paired against players with higher experience and HQ levels because their medal count is close to yours. For more info, please check this link. Try to lessen your medals by losing some of your battles on purpose for a chance to encounter fairer matches. Moreover, look for other ways of acquiring resources, such as actively participating on Alliance War and completing the campaign missions.

• Lions_Pride_2017Lions_Pride_2017 Posts: 8Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    Hello Commanders let me start by congratulating Zynga on a great pass time Awesome game said that my concern like everyone else is on match making if can be posible why doesn't matching be related to same level HQ instead of Medals cause there a bunch of users that have become Rushers and they become unbeatable when you have same amount of medals but it also shows that they have as an example exp 48 with the same amount of medals with a HQ 20 when the other base is a HQ 15 is not fair fight and that happens to a lot of Commanders I can assure that is there any way that it can be changed Quick Match having commanders with the same level HQ instead of Medals
  • BlueStoneBlueStone Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Thanks guys for the help , its really a problem , you should rethink the whole algorithm for matchmaking, it should not be dependent on medals only , HQ level , Win/lose ratio , troops level , etc .. must be included in the formula to get a correct MMR and people with s MMR get matched together .

Another problem i noticed , i think it a bug , becase it does not make any sence .
    Some players attack me , win and if i do retaliate and win , they retaliate again !!! and so i do and we keep in this closed loop forever. it should not be that way .
    This happend a lot , i thought it a bug , but it keeps happening over and over with different players .

• Commander DariusCommander Darius Super Moderator Posts: 2,245Super Moderator, Administrator Administrator

We appreciate your additional input and I will send them over to the team. Furthermore, retaliation will end only if you or your opponent is unable to win the battle. Keep improving your defenses and try different set ups for a higher chance to prevent your base from being raided.

• frhtrsmfrhtrsm Posts: 47Registered User, Facebook Connect User Building Expert

My headquarters 13.But I hardly ever match the headquarters of less than 16.I am very often matched to the 20th and nearest headquarters.That's why I do not fight mostly.Even if I fight, it is not possible to defeated 100%.So I can not race in the league.

• CleanerCleaner Posts: 81Registered User, Facebook Connect User Dramachine

Only been playing since April, but have a level 49 base with a level 15 HQ. I get matched up with players 20+ levels higher than myself. That being said they get matched to me and farming my base easily. Hello Zynga!? If I were sitting at a table with you with 20 years of experience at a card game, and you had little to none you would not play me. Guess what your players will begin doing?? Walking away from that table!! Cut it with the "thank you for your feedback we will relay this to the team and have a fix for it" then doing absolutely nothing about it.

@Cleaner said:
    Only been playing since April, but have a level 49 base with a level 15 HQ. I get matched up with players 20+ levels higher than myself. That being said they get matched to me and farming my base easily. Hello Zynga!? If I were sitting at a table with you with 20 years of experience at a card game, and you had little to none you would not play me. Guess what your players will begin doing?? Walking away from that table!! Cut it with the "thank you for your feedback we will relay this to the team and have a fix for it" then doing absolutely nothing about it.

BTW my defenses are tip top shape so don't try that line either.

• Abe_San11Abe_San11 Posts: 11Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pumpkin

This is also my problem. I was very active in the game, subsequently with only HQ 15 I easily reached 7800 medals. But when i reached this 7k medals things go worst. All opponents are mostly HQ 18 to 24! My time and fuel are mostly wasted on nexting. My progress on the game is hindered by the matchmaking based on "medal count".

I hope Zynga can make the matchmaking base on HQ level not on medal count. In this way, those Higher HQ level can not anymore just easily pillage lower level HQ of their resources.

Noticing Zynga is not even good at matching medals on PvP because many I get matched with have up to 3000 more medals than I do. Umm HELLO! Geez if you're going to do a job do it right. This is why many players are dropping up to 4000 medals. Now a complaint will be. "Players are coming to my base, dropping one missile then retreating. how can this be stopped?" Well fix the matchmaking issue. That is how it will be stopped

@frhtrsm said:
    My headquarters 13.But I hardly ever match the headquarters of less than 16.I am very often matched to the 20th and nearest headquarters.That's why I do not fight mostly.Even if I fight, it is not possible to defeated 100%.So I can not race in the league.

The same problem I am facing. Because i wanted a new flag so my medal count increased. As a consequences, I am always facing a HQ 20 up! How can I beat those HQ 20 when I am merely an HQ 15???

I am so exasperated, i am now trying to lower my medal count again by medal dumping, and hoping to get a relief from the messed created by the matchmaking base on medal count.

• blackdeathblackdeath Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Come on guys. I'm a lvl 12 HQ with 7800 medals. How the heck do you expect us to beat lvl 20 HQ. You need to change this. Game is not fun any more.

• WhiteniteWhitenite Posts: 408Registered User, Facebook Connect User Forum Detective

Drop medals.... problem solved.

General of "Crimson & Gold" and "Commanders of the Free World"
    Come join us if you are looking for a good alliance!

@Whitenite said:
    Drop medals.... problem solved.

LOL! I dropped my medals to 3000 but to my dismay same problem goes. Almost 90% i found there are also HQ 20 up

• nucking1976nucking1976 Posts: 260Registered User, Facebook Connect User Gabby Enthusiast

Ditch the ground and pound and switch too drones = problem solved

Censorship is funny when you speak the ugly truth about someone or something

no longer playing this game

• ClefTheGreatClefTheGreat Posts: 9Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

I fear this issue is no longer being monitored

• Aloha BunnyAloha Bunny Super Moderator Posts: 1,688Registered User, Super Moderator, Facebook Connect User Moderator

Thank you for your feedback, Commanders. Rest assured that we're continuously forwarding your comments about PvP matchmaking to the E&A team. Your patience is appreciated.

• RaptorRaptor Posts: 9Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

I know this is a well discussed topic, but for the life of me I can't figure out why Zynga won't address this issue. Everyone knows players have quit this game by the thousands when they hit this glaring flaw in Empires and Allies. Quick match pairing becomes very uneven when you hit HQ 12. Unfortunately when you hit HQ 15, and you haven't dumped vast quantities of medals that you have won, (and someone please tell my whey Zynga thinks a player should lose battles on purpose, and to lose battles in the hundreds to be able to have a chance at competing in this game), Quick Match can no longer be a part of your game. I had to give up Quick Matches months ago. Every day I will log on, check the base that has been selected for a Quick Match, have a good laugh, and move on.

As of the writing of this post, I have just upgraded to HQ 17. While I was HQ 16, 95% of my pairings were HQ 20 and above. At least 50% were between HQ 24 and 26. I tried one night to find a base close to my HQ by using the fuel advance, and it took me 20 tries, that was a lot of fuel. A player can try to boost their forces and base, but there are no boosts powerful enough to right this inequity, even if you wanted to spend a $100 a week to play; and no one wants to do that. And if you are lucky enough to win a match, that base will turn around and crush your base with no boosts or extra effort.

I will give you an example of what I found this morning. I hit the match icon and it brought up a base that was HQ 26, XP level 80 with 29,466 medals. I'm a brand new HQ 17, XP level 56 with 16,835 medals. Not even close in any of these metrics. I personally refuse to lose on purpose to accommodate the medal metric. So after stepping away from the game a few months back, I decided that I would try it again and made a plan to advance my HQ and base by only using KillSwitch and Hammerfall without the Quick Match. It has been slower and not as much fun, but I have been able to advance, but alas Zynga to the rescue. Hammerfall is becoming unplayable. The matches are now all with bases that are higher HQ's, and they are tough bases. Where I used to sit down to Hammerfall for a couple of hours and have fun, now it is grind that eats resources almost as fast as you earn them. I like a challenge, and I used to love the way the bases got harder as you proceeded, with the last few being bases with a higher HQ, making it a challenge to get to the second part of Hammerfall. I would gladly spend 100 gold for a Nuke boost to get to the second half. The main thing is that it was fun! There's that word again. Now after the first 5 battles in Hammerfall I have a headache, and I haven't even reached the X-250 plane with a 15 minute duration. My base is slowly being starved of resources, rare loot, and for me, I'm not having fun.

I have approached Zynga Support several times over the last year, I won't regale you with some of nonsensical responses I have gotten. I have been playing Zynga games since Farmville, and I played the original Empires and Allies in 2011. I like my Alliance and the friends I battle with, and against. But this flaw is killing the game. I hope Zynga will finally take action and fix this fatal game flaw. I still refuse to sit down at my computer and play a game to lose on purpose. I'm a little competitive that way. My record to date is 2197 wins with 51 losses. Come on Zynga, you have a great game, how about making it right!

• PillzPillz Posts: 0Registered User, Facebook Connect User New to the Forums

So Zynga's idea of helping me is to provide me with a ink to rant in a forum. I asked why I am continuously put up against lvl 80-86's when I'm only at 70. Apparently they match people up solely based on medal counts. So someone with a deep pocket that buys a ton of gold levels up quickly with a low medal count and gets put against weak opponents while people that have worked there way to the top get screwed with high level opponents. Also.....where's this Stinger missile????? Wasted a bunch of gold to upgrade my HQ quicker to get and it's no where to be found.

Unfortunately the matchmaking issue on this game will never change. SOO many are dropping medals because of it. I've even seen levels 70+ with below 1,000 medals. Now still matchmaking is an issue because of it.

• ChewyChewy Posts: 11Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pumpkin

Currently I am HQ 11 and all the bases I select to attack are HQ 16. All my tarmacks and various attacking units are fully upgraded for my level and I am getting no-where attacking such high bases. This has become painfull, and to be honest for a fun and fast little phone based game, if its frustrating and painfull then it gets deleted

• tchelotchelo Posts: 138Registered User, Facebook Connect User The Pesky Helper

I have already contacted zynga several times and always the same answer.
    I'm having difficulties in fast games, I only have opponents with 6 HQ above mine and even complaining about it, they did not solve it.
    They say it's normal 2 HQ, but I'm talking about 6 !!!!!!
    And yet always the same adversaries, and make difficult the departure of the globe, they say that some people are using the globe improperly. But as undue if it is democratic, it makes who wants. But I've never seen anyone complain about the departure of the globe, but the complaints I see they do not solve.
    I've been in contact several times by email, but it is not worth doing this, because they do not respect the fans of the game and I do not know if I will continue playing.
    They just want you to buy gold.

From your opinion about your satisfaction about the game and Zynga.
    Grateful.

OK - I have now tried multiple attacks with various troop combinations. I use my command points first to try and alpha off stuff to lower the dps against me - I use the frone missile, the space lazor and a strife and can kill 1 arty and heavily damage another - at hq 16 the defence turrents are just to powerfull for my attackers. I deploy my robot at lvl 5 and my attack crew and everyone is dead before I can kill enough buildings to get enough command points to barely get 1 hear cycle in, mabey 1 more strafe. I have been fully defeated every attack and netted zero minerals. I understand you want the game to be a bit harder, but at my level I am getting no-where and thus this game is a complete waste of time.

Any suggestions or help??

• tchelotchelo Posts: 138Registered User, Facebook Connect User The Pesky Helper

This is difficult, but only the game, but also support service.
    I have HQ level 20 and I am opponents level HQ 26.
    I've been in touch, but so far nothing.
    They say it's by the amount of medals, and they still put a limiter on the globe, making it even harder.

Sorry dudes - this game is now unplayable at my level - my arty turrents are lvl 9 with 6672 hitpoints and 318 DPS, the hq 16 dudes I am assigned to fight have lvl 15 arty with 12,301 hitpoints and 550 dps - I haven't looked into any other defence turrent but I expect they will all be almost double what I can put on my base, thus my attacking units don't stand a chance

I used Gold and upgraded my HQ to 12 - but I am now assigned HQ 17's to fight against and even using alliance reinforcements the fights are unwinnable. The only things I can fight are a handful of world maps bases and to do retaliations - but that will dry up fast because who is going to attack me that is 5 hq levels below me - I am expecting the only attacks against me will be retaliations from the dudes I was silly enough to try to attack, and they will walk through my base easy.

Basically I am HQ lvl 12 - player lvl 38 but I am trying to fight HQ 16 and 17 player lvl 47 to 57.

I do see now that the medal counts are similar - I am 6299 currently and there are dudes in my alliance who have lvl 22 hq's with 6800 medals - but again not a chance in **** I could win against their bases

I have higher medals because I like to play and attack bases, plus it's the only way to generate the minerals to upgrade my stuff - no great secret there. If this is about having you attack dudes with similar medal counts then mabey I am a minority right now, but regardless the game has become unplayable for me

• OdiniasOdinias The Pesky Helper Posts: 168Registered User Investigator
    Well they've clearly messed something up. I'm also only getting matched with players with higher HQs. I'm level 24 and every single quick match is a HQ 26, which are way too strong for me to beat. What's going on?

I figured it out over the day - they assign you to fight as per your medal count - and apparently at around 6,000 medals you will fight mostly dudes with hq 15 to 17.

I think it would be better to pair you against similar hq levels because now I either have to lose a lot on purpose or spend a **** ton of time fighting the GRU (NPC bases) to get my minerals to keep upgrading things. However you don't get the special items you need to craft things like command point bonus or alpha squad upgrades.

I like to PVP - let dudes play how they want, not force them to play NPC if they don't want to

• ajayranaajayrana Posts: 12Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pumpkin
    Dear sir
    May HQ level is 23 but in quick matches apponets level coming are above 26 .is too dificult to play .so please do something for easy apponets like 23 or 24 HQ level.

Zynga does not solve our problems.

• owusuowusu Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Am only level 20 HQ but in quick match all my opponents are 26HQ making it difficult to play
    Nowadays. Am derset rose player