What has changed in matchmaking????????

RoCoRoCo Posts: 10Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pumpkin

Background: I'm relatively new HQ19 player. During the past week I went from 6000 medals to 9000 medals. My quick match opponents were mostly HQ16-18. It was fast and smooth increase in medals without any problems and good loot.

What happened about 3 days ago??? I started to face only high level and high HQ players. I thought that the problem is my medals. So I dropped 2000+ medals and landed to 6800 or so medals.

But that did not help. Now the opponents I face in quick match are about following

• 93% HQ21-HQ24 !!!!!!!!!
  • 6.9% HQ20
  • 0.1% HQ19

the only difference is those 3 days (3 days ago I was matched against totally different players).

Zygna please provide answer have you changed your quick match algorithm or is this a bug?

I'm level 48 and the opponents I face here below 7000 medals are typically 60-70 levels. Rarely less than 60 level players. You can guess what this does to my game play. Pure pain not fun anymore. I'm really **** off with this change. :(

Comments

• RoCoRoCo Posts: 10Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pumpkin

It seems this match making issue was related to omega onslaught event. When that ended everything returned to normal. What a relief!

Zynga please do not make this kind of experiments without noticed!

• Quetzalcoatl2015Quetzalcoatl2015 The One Who Knows It All Posts: 587Registered User Goldsmith
    I don't see any change, just as you said different players
  • FightingPhantomFightingPhantom Posts: 58Registered User, Facebook Connect User This Space is Available

Since I upgraded to HQ23 I only ever face other HQ23S....

• WhiteniteWhitenite Posts: 408Registered User, Facebook Connect User Forum Detective

@Mfrosso What is your medal count? As you get to higher and higher medal counts you start getting matched against higher HQs.

I've noticed when you cross certain medal counts there is a fairly dramatic change in opponents.

Though I do admit getting HQ 23/24 all of a sudden when you are a Hq21 is a little odd.

General of "Crimson & Gold" and "Commanders of the Free World"
    Come join us if you are looking for a good alliance!

• WhiteniteWhitenite Posts: 408Registered User, Facebook Connect User Forum Detective

You are right @Mfrosso. Zynga just changed this. I had a HQ20 account who ALWAYS got HQ20 targets - and I mean always. His medal count has barely changed in the last few weeks. He is now getting HQ21 targets. I can't believe Zynga changed this - they REALLY need to change this back. I hate when they do stuff like this - they fix stuff not broken and don't fix stuff that is broken.... ugh

General of "Crimson & Gold" and "Commanders of the Free World"
    Come join us if you are looking for a good alliance!

• MfrossoMfrosso Loose Cannon Posts: 85Registered User Dramachine

I have 2 HQ 21 accts...one has 18k medals and the other 16k. The 18 k ONLY faces level 23 and 24 level in quick match...unwinnable. The 16k still only faces L21 opponents in quick match. Why ??

• Gen_LooneyToons_Taz1Gen_LooneyToons_Taz1 Posts: 49Registered User, Facebook Connect User Building Expert

For the love of god.....FIX THE QUICK MATCHES!!!!!!!! Metal count should NOT determine matches, it needs to be by HQ level. Metals only reflect how active a player is and has NOTHING to do with HQ level. I am sick and tired of spending over 50k to 100k just to get only 1 or 2 HQs to attack same as mine. I am a HQ 14 and am constantly being matched up or attacked by level 16 and higher. I shouldn't have to beg my alliance for resources so I can waste it looking for a REAL match to attack or because I can't retaliate. Here is a real solution.....FIX THE MATCHING PROBLEM!!!!!!!

• MfrossoMfrosso Loose Cannon Posts: 85Registered User Dramachine

You are exactly right Gen Loony Toon...why can't zynga change back to the way QM has been prior to 2 weeks ago. HQ match ups are the only fair answer...peer versus peer. Please wake up and fix this problem.

• frustratedfrustrated Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

I totally agree. something changed! I am doing the right things and having fun. Getting attacked a lot but I play a lot. The MINUTE I upgraded my HQ from a strong 11 to HQ12 it all changed !!!! It was no fun anymore , that is why I am here writing this!!!! I also wrote several tickets. So there I was STYMIED, absolutely could not win. Zynga is not doing anything about ,it seems . So I took matters into my own hands. In quick matches I do not pay to see another opponent, I started going broke that way. Instead I simply go to battle for a second or two and retreat!!!! To make a long story short I have begun medal dumping !!!!! What else could I do, short of what I almost did (abandon the whole darn thing. There are many of us out there . So ZYNGA PLEASE FIX or this medal dumping will start running rampant and could lead to a lot of unhappy players.

Sincerely: Frustrated

• DJGuidoDJGuido Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

I went from lvl 11 HQ to lvl 12 HQ with 12,282 medals at lvl 36, and all I see in quick match now is Lvl 59+ players with HQ's lvl 20 to 24.... This is no fun!!!!

• nucking1976nucking1976 Posts: 260Registered User, Facebook Connect User Gabby Enthusiast

You can beg them to change the game to your liking all you want they don't care they won't fix anything they rather add more pointless stuff too the game than fix all the current problems the game has that's what happens when greed gets outta control it's all about that $$$$ flow everything else goes to the back burner and fade into oblivion

Censorship is funny when you speak the ugly truth about someone or something

no longer playing this game

• daboomatldaboomatl Posts: 23Registered User, Facebook Connect User Delightful Duckling D

Well if money greed is their focus then they should pay attention to what the players say. If players are happy they will be more willing to spend money on the game. If they are not happy they will not spend real money on the game and look elsewhere. Saying that you can't make everyone happy but something like the QM being as jacked as it is needs to be addressed. Guess I too will go back to medal dumping as that is the only way I can have a chance as with many others. I have 8800ish medals and am player level 53 with a lvl 16 HQ. I now keep getting matched against lvl 18+ HQ's at player lvl 60+. When I do get a player level near mine they are HQ lvl 20+ and I have tried many times and it is a waste of time to attack that. I don't want to dump medals anymore but that is the ONLY way to stand a chance now with how they have QM.

• nucking1976nucking1976 Posts: 260Registered User, Facebook Connect User Gabby Enthusiast

@daboomatl said:
    Well if money greed is their focus then they should pay attention to what the players say. If players are happy they will be more willing to spend money on the game. If they are not happy they will not spend real money on the game and look elsewhere. Saying that you can't make everyone happy but something like the QM being as jacked as it is needs to be addressed. Guess I too will go back to medal dumping as that is the only way I can have a chance as with many others. I have 8800ish medals and am player level 53 with a lvl 16 HQ. I now keep getting matched against lvl 18+ HQ's at player lvl 60+. When I do get a player level near mine they are HQ lvl 20+ and I have tried many times and it is a waste of time to attack that. I don't want to dump medals anymore but that is the ONLY way to stand a chance now with how they have QM.

I'm betting that you attack with ground forces if so here's a suggestion sideline those troops and breakout the drones but only if you have them at the same lvl as your hq you should be mowing people over but that's just a suggestion

Censorship is funny when you speak the ugly truth about someone or something

no longer playing this game

• SuupaSuupa Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 23Registered User Delightful Duckling D

I'm a Lv65 24HQ with 18k ish medals.

QM keeps me matched against other 24HQ's, but the player LV is about 70% Lv75+. To most of your points, this would be acceptable. I, however, feel this is imbalanced. My reasoning: Those players have had 10+ levels of experience points to upgrade whatever they felt like to make themselves stronger, 10+ levels of experience that I have not been able to obtain yet. Therefore, they have an advantage over me. One should not be penalized because they chose to spend their experience points (which they've earned) the way they wanted. This would suggest that there's only one right way to play the game (max every tower before leveling the HQ), but a strategic game is suppose to be about choices (multiple ways to reach success).

So, again, I do agree that the QM system is imbalanced. However, I don't feel the answer is to simply match one against his current level HQ as this still yields imbalanced matches. Instead, QM should be based off of player LV.

All Lv50 players (using this as an example) have gotten to that LV using the same allotment of points. Some "chose" to build stronger offenses for raiding. Some "chose" to build stronger defenses to protect their resources. In whatever path they've taken, there are +/-'s to each decision. The point being that the player chose the results that they have. So if a Lv50 HQ16 base attempted to raid and failed, then perhaps that player needs to put more focus to building offense. Likewise, if a Lv50 HQ21 gets raided, then that player knows that they need more defense.

Long story short: Basing QM on medals is bad, medal count can be manipulated. Basing QM on HQ is bad, this doesn't portray the true strength of the base as experience points spent on development can greatly vary. Basing QM on player LV is the best tactic because it's the most consistent/fair grading system from one player to another.

End of rant.......lol.

• nasiuduknasiuduk Posts: 8Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

@leanne1212 said:
    The same thing has happen to me , I have a level 16 HQ and the last two weeks i have been getting matched with HQ's of 20 and over , I dropped my medals to under 1000 and hasnt made any difference , I'm level 42. I virtually can't play the game now as the bases are way to high for me to fight . Ive sent 3 emails to Zynga and have heard nothing from them.

Leanne I agree. i also have sent e-mails to Zynga about this topic but no answer.

• frhtrsmfrhtrsm Posts: 47Registered User, Facebook Connect User Building Expert

I think that the headquarters should be very important in fast matches.Because the headquarters is the main determinant.I can not beat the 20th level headquarters using the 13th level headquarters.But my encounter is usually 20th level headquarters.