Weapons Have Higher Power Than Rated

hunter1438hunter1438 Not a Title, but a StarRegistered User Posts: 34 Forum Traveller

So I was watching a replay of a battle. And was attacked by an opponent who was HQ level 23. According to my calculations the highest orbital strike available at that level is 22560. And yet he was able to take out my level 12 metal rain that has a HP of 30416. And I had strike force applied to it. Even without strike force that is a disparity of about 8000 points. As you can see from the pictures it was at full power at the first frame captured.

Comments

• Commander DariusCommander Darius Super Moderator Super Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,262 Administrator

Thank you for bringing this up, hunter1438. I have forwarded this to the team for further checking. Please watch out for updates.

• FightingPhantomFightingPhantom Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 58 This Space is Available

I have long suspected the Ion Cannon was stronger than it is described.

• General YodaGeneral Yoda Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 42 Grasshopper

I think each weapon has a resistance level in the background that is not displayed to us. There is more to it than weapon strength and hitpoints. For example, attack an oil stockpile with an A-10 and it will be destroyed. Attack the same pile with an ion and it takes the full length of the ion to destroy it. On the other hand, attack a low level HQ with 2 A-10's and 2 missles and you won't take 1/3 of its hitpoints, but 2 ions will take you past the half of its life.

I think they use these resistances in the background to make attacks easier and harder and to rebalance since people whine when something gets nerfed. That's why on some days buildings melt and on others it's really hard to win.

• frhtrsmfrhtrsm Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 47 Building Expert

Yes, according to my observations, the influence of command forces varies according to what is being attacked.Trajectory attack causes little damage to the source buildings while causing high damage to the defense buildings.

• WhiteniteWhitenite Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 408 Forum Detective

Completely agree. There is math going on that they don't show us.

General of "Crimson & Gold" and "Commanders of the Free World"
    Come join us if you are looking for a good alliance!

• KWIYUMIKWIYUMI Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 12 Pumpkin
    > @frhtrsm said:
    > Yes, according to my observations, the influence of command forces varies according to what is being attacked.Trajectory attack causes little damage to the source buildings while causing high damage to the defense buildings.

Ur observation has no impact to the weapons trajectory. Trajectory attack is causing a glitch on the damage caused by infantry troops.

High damage armor are ineffective because of this trajectory glitches.

** GET 750 GOLD HOW?**