Feedback on Omega Unit: Colossus

Aloha BunnyAloha Bunny Super ModeratorRegistered User, Super Moderator, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,685 Moderator
edited January 2017 in General Conversation
«13

Comments

  • SA1NT_MaYhEmSA1NT_MaYhEm Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 176 Investigator

    Having a lot of fun with Colossus so far. Noticed that I'm not receiving any rare loot items when he is used though. Was rare loot vs earning XP for the Colossus a trade off?

    SA1NT_MaYhEm
    General of Rage!

  • SA1NT_MaYhEmSA1NT_MaYhEm Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 176 Investigator

    Never mind, after several battles I just used colossus and did in fact earn rare loot.

    SA1NT_MaYhEm
    General of Rage!

  • Quetzalcoatl2015Quetzalcoatl2015 The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 586 Goldsmith
    According to rummors, let see if those are rigth,

    second omega unit will be defensive,

    A plasma cannon.

    If you see the video or own one notice that the primary weapon its a plama cannon on its rigth arm, a miniature cannon.

    Rummors are running, second omega unit a big plasma cannon????

    On wheels or stationary???

    What do you think??
  • tosh9itosh9i Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 149 Saint Spontaneous

    @SA1NT_MaYhEm said:
    Having a lot of fun with Colossus so far. Noticed that I'm not receiving any rare loot items when he is used though. Was rare loot vs earning XP for the Colossus a trade off?

    Did you get the colossus through the contest?

  • WhiteniteWhitenite Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 408 Forum Detective

    Wanted to start a thread about the new Colossus unit. Been playing around with it today.
    What I learned so far:

    • Seems immune to stealth tanks/stun mines
    • XP is variable - not sure what factor is being used for XP for it... maybe buildings/units destroyed?
    • Doesn't seem to attack air targets at all
    • The thing is a ssssllllooowww mover

    Would be great for others to share their experience with it? Any good strategies?

    General of "Crimson & Gold" and "Commanders of the Free World"
    Come join us if you are looking for a good alliance!

  • M_L_K_M_RcM_L_K_M_Rc Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 192 Fisherman
    edited January 2017

    Well then, let me start with the obvious, CnC vehicle made alot of players unhappy due to the "feature" that railguns target it first and exclusively until it dies. The Colossus seems to have the same "feature" ? Not 100% sure yet as only had 1 such attack so far, but almost sure :)

    Edit: I am sure now. I rewatched the attack.

  • wolfpawswolfpaws Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 256 Gabby Enthusiast

    Looks like another money grabber by zynga. The thing is almost unstoppable. Regular defense on your base is pretty much useless. Now zynga will come up with defense to combat the colossus and no doubt, it'll cost you a pretty penny...lol

  • tosh9itosh9i Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 149 Saint Spontaneous

    @M_L_K_M_Rc said:
    Well then, let me start with the obvious, CnC vehicle made alot of players unhappy due to the "feature" that railguns target it first and exclusively until it dies. The Colossus seems to have the same "feature" ? Not 100% sure yet as only had 1 such attack so far, but almost sure :)

    Edit: I am sure now. I rewatched the attack.

    How many hits can the colossus take from a railgun?

  • SA1NT_MaYhEmSA1NT_MaYhEm Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 176 Investigator

    @tosh9i it can take about 4 hits depending on the level of the Railgun and level of your unit. Keep using him and he will earn XP, which will in time level him up and make him stronger.

    SA1NT_MaYhEm
    General of Rage!

  • Yusuke YamadaYusuke Yamada Investigator Registered User Posts: 535 Enthusiastic Expert
    Die for 125 XP, that seems the highest points. That's all.
  • WhiteniteWhitenite Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 408 Forum Detective

    You can get around 110-120 if he is close to death but doesn't die. I usually pull him back right before death because you get about the same XP and the repairing is much cheaper than reviving.

    General of "Crimson & Gold" and "Commanders of the Free World"
    Come join us if you are looking for a good alliance!

  • M_L_K_M_RcM_L_K_M_Rc Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 192 Fisherman
    edited January 2017

    To boost xp, try nuking your own colossus, remember xp is also based on received damage. By using this and some other stuff I can farm around 80xp per 40 seconds gameplay. So far. But I will stop that as it is too boring, l'm in for the long haul anyway. Should colossus be immune to nuke? It is an interesting question, affecting both xp farming and base defense capabilities. Another possible bug is that yes you get additional xp for damage taken but only if not healed in the battle where damage was received. So,healing in battle has a price and that is xp. Please confirm if you see this also.

  • M_L_K_M_RcM_L_K_M_Rc Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 192 Fisherman
    edited January 2017

    Anyway, my 5 cents is that the unit is fun but some issues are annoying. One not mentioned is the stupidity of the ai, a big machine like that with a bird's brain, ignoring totally the lethal barrages of nearby guns and instead always going for the closest building like oil cisterns and whatnot.. Come on.

  • M_L_K_M_RcM_L_K_M_Rc Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 192 Fisherman

    @tosh9i said:

    @M_L_K_M_Rc said:
    Well then, let me start with the obvious, CnC vehicle made alot of players unhappy due to the "feature" that railguns target it first and exclusively until it dies. The Colossus seems to have the same "feature" ? Not 100% sure yet as only had 1 such attack so far, but almost sure :)

    Edit: I am sure now. I rewatched the attack.

    How many hits can the colossus take from a railgun?

    Depends of course, railguns can make anywhere from 2k to 10k damage, colossus starts with 120k hps. But even a lowly railgun or thel can easily kill colossus while it is chasing around for the bigger threats, namely anything that is closer. Including civilian buildings.

  • WhiteniteWhitenite Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 408 Forum Detective

    One other thing I noticed... the thing loves to slowly walk to any defending rally flag troops even if far away. It seems like it will walk across the entire screen and ignore everything else.

    General of "Crimson & Gold" and "Commanders of the Free World"
    Come join us if you are looking for a good alliance!

  • General01General01 Contributor Posts: 247 Gabby Enthusiast

    @Quetzalcoatl2015 said:
    According to rummors, let see if those are rigth,

    second omega unit will be defensive,

    A plasma cannon.

    If you see the video or own one notice that the primary weapon its a plama cannon on its rigth arm, a miniature cannon.

    Rummors are running, second omega unit a big plasma cannon????

    On wheels or stationary???

    What do you think??

    Keep Guessing! But I can assure that it will only get better :)

  • General01General01 Contributor Posts: 247 Gabby Enthusiast
    edited January 2017

    @tosh9i said:

    @SA1NT_MaYhEm said:
    Having a lot of fun with Colossus so far. Noticed that I'm not receiving any rare loot items when he is used though. Was rare loot vs earning XP for the Colossus a trade off?

    Did you get the colossus through the contest?

    Hi @tosh9i we have not given out the early access to the winners yet. The winners list was put up though. If you are one of the winners, and you happen to purchase the Omega Unit already, we will return the Gold for you :)

  • General01General01 Contributor Posts: 247 Gabby Enthusiast

    @M_L_K_M_Rc said:

    @tosh9i said:

    @M_L_K_M_Rc said:
    Well then, let me start with the obvious, CnC vehicle made alot of players unhappy due to the "feature" that railguns target it first and exclusively until it dies. The Colossus seems to have the same "feature" ? Not 100% sure yet as only had 1 such attack so far, but almost sure :)

    Edit: I am sure now. I rewatched the attack.

    How many hits can the colossus take from a railgun?

    Depends of course, railguns can make anywhere from 2k to 10k damage, colossus starts with 120k hps. But even a lowly railgun or thel can easily kill colossus while it is chasing around for the bigger threats, namely anything that is closer. Including civilian buildings.

    This happens to me to. Flares help?

  • General01General01 Contributor Posts: 247 Gabby Enthusiast

    @Whitenite said:
    Wanted to start a thread about the new Colossus unit. Been playing around with it today.
    What I learned so far:

    • Seems immune to stealth tanks/stun mines
    • XP is variable - not sure what factor is being used for XP for it... maybe buildings/units destroyed?
    • Doesn't seem to attack air targets at all
    • The thing is a ssssllllooowww mover

    Would be great for others to share their experience with it? Any good strategies?

    Hi @Whitenite thanks for the feedback! We are going gather this feedback and put up 5 key points that a player should watch out for on FB so that other players use the Omega Unit effectively.

  • M_L_K_M_RcM_L_K_M_Rc Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 192 Fisherman
    edited January 2017

    @Ozzy said:

    @M_L_K_M_Rc said:

    @tosh9i said:

    @M_L_K_M_Rc said:
    Well then, let me start with the obvious, CnC vehicle made alot of players unhappy due to the "feature" that railguns target it first and exclusively until it dies. The Colossus seems to have the same "feature" ? Not 100% sure yet as only had 1 such attack so far, but almost sure :)

    Edit: I am sure now. I rewatched the attack.

    How many hits can the colossus take from a railgun?

    Depends of course, railguns can make anywhere from 2k to 10k damage, colossus starts with 120k hps. But even a lowly railgun or thel can easily kill colossus while it is chasing around for the bigger threats, namely anything that is closer. Including civilian buildings.

    This happens to me to. Flares help?

    Not really, your whole attacking force is affected by flare and will be decimated while trying to disengage and engage a new flared target which can be very far away for some of your troops. It is also impossible to select the col. by clicking it, too many units around and it often is obscured by explosions trees etc Better solution is probably to enable col. to be grouped, you know those A B C groups.

  • TociloTocilo Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 6 Loose Cannon
    Im playing wirh drones and colossus dont help me or very little.It is completly usless unit who plays with drones
  • Yusuke YamadaYusuke Yamada Investigator Registered User Posts: 535 Enthusiastic Expert
  • GanchoGancho Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 63 Captain Obvious

    Adds 1 more shot. Notice that the Colossus has 3 shots before reloading, I'am assuming it'll be 4 shots after the upgrade.

    Gancho | Armed and Loaded

  • Yusuke YamadaYusuke Yamada Investigator Registered User Posts: 535 Enthusiastic Expert
    edited January 2017

    @Gancho
    What is shot? Counts of attack until he pulls the trigger?

  • GanchoGancho Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 63 Captain Obvious

    Sorry @Yusuke Yamada , the question was clip-size. I believe it is the number of shots, or bullets of the Colossus' weapon. A level 1-3 Colossus has a clip-size of 3 (fires 3 shots).

    Gancho | Armed and Loaded

  • Yusuke YamadaYusuke Yamada Investigator Registered User Posts: 535 Enthusiastic Expert
  • GanchoGancho Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 63 Captain Obvious

    No prob :)

    Gancho | Armed and Loaded

  • WhiteniteWhitenite Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 408 Forum Detective

    Do they show "clip size" you currently have I UI somewhere? I couldn't find it.

    General of "Crimson & Gold" and "Commanders of the Free World"
    Come join us if you are looking for a good alliance!

  • Yusuke YamadaYusuke Yamada Investigator Registered User Posts: 535 Enthusiastic Expert

    @Whitenite No, neither 200 cybernetic-cores, too.

Sign In or Register to comment.